Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lou Takki posted:

Ok maybe this is the disconnect because I literally do this at work sometimes.

Same but I'm under no illusions that there should be a show about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

The problem with Top Gear/new bad show is that they realized everyone loved the fake stuff the most. So now everything is super tightly scripted, and they’re all awful actors.

What? It was more like they realized how big a hit the 1500 quid porsche challenge was with all the impromptu poo poo that happened from naturally filming it and tried to recreate the same poo poo over and over this time via script form rather than letting it to chance.

If you watch that predecessor to the 1500 quid challenge it was them buying 3 boring cars and driving it across the UK or whatever and back. It was dull and nothing happened.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Same but I'm under no illusions that there should be a show about it.

Guess I'm the crazy one then? Haaah

I just hope they bring back F1 drivers in slow cars, surely the BBC doesn't have a lock on that?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I once read through a Molex connectors catalogue from the 90s that I came across at work. It was then that I realized the joys of Molex and how they enhance my everyday life. Molex, for all your connectivity needs.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My gut feeling is that they hit gold on the cheap car challenges early one with some crazy poo poo happening to some cars and then felt pressured to repeat that kind of excitement in later series even if it meant forcing it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

What? It was more like they realized how big a hit the 1500 quid porsche challenge was with all the impromptu poo poo that happened from naturally filming it and tried to recreate the same poo poo over and over this time via script form rather than letting it to chance.

If you watch that predecessor to the 1500 quid challenge it was them buying 3 boring cars and driving it across the UK or whatever and back. It was dull and nothing happened.

Weird how this is exactly what I said

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Weird how this is exactly what I said

Lol at actually reading what people post.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

If the post is more than 4 sentences i usually skip it unless it gets quoted

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I want to see Vettel put down lap times in a modern econo-box

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Why hasn't Williams confirmed Kubica by now? This is ridiculous. Everyone knows it's going to be Robert Kubica.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I want to see him put down lap times in a gremlin

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I want to touch his arm.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Why hasn't Williams confirmed Kubica by now? This is ridiculous. Everyone knows it's going to be Robert Kubica.

They’re waiting to introduce him in the exact same way the Bulls introduced Jordan after he came out of retirement.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Maybe they're being kind to Flippy going into his second final home race?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I want to touch his arm.

I want his arm to touch me.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

There's a lot of hand-wringing with regard to his stamina.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Children Drive these cars he'll be fine

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Children Drive these cars he'll be fine

I was thinking about this yesterday. The drivers today train way loving more than any of the drivers in the 80s but we can't take power steering off of the cars because <reason>.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Would you rather race against 10 one armed children or one 2 armed Bobby K?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

I was thinking about this yesterday. The drivers today train way loving more than any of the drivers in the 80s but we can't take power steering off of the cars because <reason>.

The reason is that even with super fit drivers and power steering they're regularly kind of exhausted after 90 minutes of driving

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

I've not no experience whatsoever on a bike

1500quidporsche posted:

The ones I primarily were looking at were the 748s
As a bike mechanic this is my professional opinion on that

Norns posted:

I'm going to pay to get this put on your head stone

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

The reason is that even with super fit drivers and power steering they're regularly kind of exhausted after 90 minutes of driving

I want the drivers coming out of the cars looking like they just did a 10 round boxing match against Mike Tyson.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I want the drivers coming out of the cars looking like they just did a 10 round boxing match against Mike Tyson.

You want more Mansells passing out trying to push their out-of-fuel cars across the line and more Nelson Piquets passing out on the podium and more Senna's having to be lifted out of their own car because their arms gave out like 20 laps ago.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They should keep power steering.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
1500 wants cars so difficult to drive and so demanding that drivers would have to be rotated out every 3 months because the brutality of them would cause severe fractures and organ failure after a single race.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

Won't there be a shortage of ears by the end of the season?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

1500 wants cars so difficult to drive and so demanding that drivers would have to be rotated out every 3 months because the brutality of them would cause severe fractures and organ failure after a single race.

This but unironically.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm convinced, I'm calling my senator now to demand these changes!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want a doctor to hold a press conference saying that unless Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen stop driving they're going to die from internal bleeding and hemorrhaging, I then want them both to say they will keep racing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I want a doctor to hold a press conference saying that unless Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen stop driving they're going to die from internal bleeding and hemorrhaging, I then want them both to say they will keep racing.

Isn't this what kind of happened with Lauda?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Isn't this what kind of happened with Lauda?

Ya and it was a great season of racing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
DOCTOR: Niki, you have to stop racing.... you're a burnt testicle!

LAUDA: Wir sind uns im klaren, daß dieser Krieg ja nur damit enden könnte, daß entweder die germanischen Völker ausgerottet werden, oder das Judentum aus Europa verschwindet. Ich habe am 1. September 1939 [sic] im Deutschen Reichstag es schon ausgesprochen. . . daß dieser Krieg nicht so ausgehen wird, wie die Juden sich es vorstellen, nämlich daß die europäischen arischen Völker ausgerottet werden, sondern daß das Ergebnis dieses Krieges die Vernichtung des Judentums ist. Zum erstenmal werden nicht andere allein verbluten, sondern zum erstenmal wird diesesmal das echt altjüdische Gesetz angewendet: Aug' um Aug', Zahn um Zahn!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is that from Joe Saward's novel?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's from someone Joe admires very much I imagine in a sort of "he got things done" sort of way.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

DOCTOR: Niki, you have to stop racing.... you're a burnt testicle!

LAUDA: Wir sind uns im klaren, daß dieser Krieg ja nur damit enden könnte, daß entweder die germanischen Völker ausgerottet werden, oder das Judentum aus Europa verschwindet. Ich habe am 1. September 1939 [sic] im Deutschen Reichstag es schon ausgesprochen. . . daß dieser Krieg nicht so ausgehen wird, wie die Juden sich es vorstellen, nämlich daß die europäischen arischen Völker ausgerottet werden, sondern daß das Ergebnis dieses Krieges die Vernichtung des Judentums ist. Zum erstenmal werden nicht andere allein verbluten, sondern zum erstenmal wird diesesmal das echt altjüdische Gesetz angewendet: Aug' um Aug', Zahn um Zahn!

:stare:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a bike mechanic this is my professional opinion on that

Is it common practice for Bike mechanics to take cams out and polish out pits with some grinder from home depot instead of taking it to a machine shop or just buying loving new cams?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I uh...

Ok then.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

I uh...

Ok then.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Next year is the year of the bike friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

what a find

• Locked thread