Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I felt that Overlord needed some heavier weaponry so once again construct-bots spare parts come to the rescue!

Since it's the right color I don't know if I should paint it over, translucent's kinda cool too. Also it's two pieces so it can separate into more guns. You can even plug his normal rifle into the side. Pretty fun!

Also some useful advice: if your Overlord has somewhat loose arm sliders (they're on a rail to telescope in n' out) just tighten his arm screws a lil' bit (don't overdo it or you might just ruin the screw) and it fixes the problem nicely; they shouldn't slide out on their own in alt mode anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

These guys are really good you guys.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

mehall posted:

These guys are really good you guys.

That does look nice, what and where are these again?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Comfortador posted:

That does look nice, what and where are these again?

NBK constructicons, purchased from your chinese wholsaler of choice. (Aliexpress, generally)

I posted a pic of the current 3 yesterday, and Mixmaster should be with me in a couple weeks.

They're around £10 each, inc. Shipping, and will all combine for devastatot.

Edit: 2 days ago, not yesterday.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I have no experience buying from aliexpress, will they be available anywhere else or will that be my best bet? I wouldn't be buying them right away anyways

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Aliexpress is fine as long as you buy from a reputable seller, which hopefully someone will post in a bit because I don't know any for Transformers off the top of my head.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

This is the specific seller I used:

http://s.aliexpress.com/mErAFBJF

Aliexpress gives a large window to report issues, and sellers generally bend over backwards to avoid negative reports about them.
If im buying something i don't have a seller for, i tend to sort the search page by number of orders. If they have plenty orders, i've not had an issue yet.
These are the first TF's I've bought on there.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I got Omne, whats the secret to getting his upper zone to go flush with his feet when turning him back into a ufo? MMC's youtube channel conveniently fades out a section where they had to fiddle to get it right. Peugh's video starts with it all together for a reference.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Well I rolled the dice returning my Grotusque 3 pack (Grotusque was missing a part) and sure enough they do not have any to send in exchange and are going to send me something of equal value from the store. Considering I have all the current transformers I'm looking for I'm not holding out much hope it'll be something I actually want. Not really sure when I'll actually find out what exactly they're sending though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I need some advice. I was a sucker and ended up picking up one of the botcon custom class kits cuz it sounded fun and it was $30? Which compared to the near $300 some of the others are still going for on sale is a bargain. Now there is an issue though.

The reason it was so cheap is it was missing essential pieces of course. Somehow it didn't click in my head what they meant by "hardware" :(

Does anyone know where one might find the following pieces? I don't think watch pins would work would they?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Good Listener posted:

So I need some advice. I was a sucker and ended up picking up one of the botcon custom class kits cuz it sounded fun and it was $30? Which compared to the near $300 some of the others are still going for on sale is a bargain. Now there is an issue though.

The reason it was so cheap is it was missing essential pieces of course. Somehow it didn't click in my head what they meant by "hardware" :(

Does anyone know where one might find the following pieces? I don't think watch pins would work would they?

It looks like you need to cut up some nails and measure a thousand different screws to assemble it (improperly). (Sorry). (Do you have a passport?)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

strangehamster posted:

It looks like you need to cut up some nails and measure a thousand different screws to assemble it (improperly). (Sorry). (Do you have a passport?)

Yea I didn't know if they sell pins like those at like Home Depot or craft stores or such. (It's ok). (Also I need to renew it but I'm halfway there to doing so!)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

In July we dine in hadesMississagua!

Wait I got an idea, buy the mass produced version of the toy and steal the hardware out of that!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

strangehamster posted:

In July we dine in hadesMississagua!

Wait I got an idea, buy the mass produced version of the toy and steal the hardware out of that!

That is a pretty good idea! I might look into that, thanks!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

mehall posted:

This is the specific seller I used:

http://s.aliexpress.com/mErAFBJF

Aliexpress gives a large window to report issues, and sellers generally bend over backwards to avoid negative reports about them.
If im buying something i don't have a seller for, i tend to sort the search page by number of orders. If they have plenty orders, i've not had an issue yet.
These are the first TF's I've bought on there.

AliExpress is weird but you can get some crazy deals. When I opened an account I got a $5 new account coupon, then I ordered the 3 ko constructicons from a dealer called Toy Alliance Store, who gave me a $2 coupon to add on top. So in the end I paid $39 NZ for all 3, with free delivery.

And I just found a dealer who's selling the ko oversized Bruticus for $140 NZ.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

I felt that Overlord needed some heavier weaponry so once again construct-bots spare parts come to the rescue!

Since it's the right color I don't know if I should paint it over, translucent's kinda cool too. Also it's two pieces so it can separate into more guns. You can even plug his normal rifle into the side. Pretty fun!

Also some useful advice: if your Overlord has somewhat loose arm sliders (they're on a rail to telescope in n' out) just tighten his arm screws a lil' bit (don't overdo it or you might just ruin the screw) and it fixes the problem nicely; they shouldn't slide out on their own in alt mode anymore.

The thing I kind of don't like about Overlord is that with Sky Shadow, you can connect the plane to the top of the tank, but Overlord doesn't have that port for some reason. I mean yeah you don't need to do that, but why get rid of it?

The thing that is pretty neat though is how Overlord and Sky Shadow aren't just like, repaints or remolds. Overlord and Sky Shadow are almost completely different figures from the waist up.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gammatron 64 posted:

The thing I kind of don't like about Overlord is that with Sky Shadow, you can connect the plane to the top of the tank, but Overlord doesn't have that port for some reason. I mean yeah you don't need to do that, but why get rid of it?

The thing that is pretty neat though is how Overlord and Sky Shadow aren't just like, repaints or remolds. Overlord and Sky Shadow are almost completely different figures from the waist up.

Apparently Overlord can actually still do that, it just uses a different part to do it with

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DisposableHero posted:

Well I rolled the dice returning my Grotusque 3 pack (Grotusque was missing a part) and sure enough they do not have any to send in exchange and are going to send me something of equal value from the store. Considering I have all the current transformers I'm looking for I'm not holding out much hope it'll be something I actually want. Not really sure when I'll actually find out what exactly they're sending though.

Either ask for the grotesque back, or ask for an arcee and see if you can trade it for a grotusque (assuming you really want another one)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently Overlord can actually still do that, it just uses a different part to do it with

Huh, so apparently his boob doors hold him on. It's not very secure but I guess it's something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Consensus is that the NBK guys are the best option. The JJ's are double the price and even more simplified. There's been a production hiccup but hopefully they knock those last ones out soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Huh, so apparently his boob doors hold him on. It's not very secure but I guess it's something.

Yeah and it's intended, but as you say it's not super secure. Still it's kind of a dumb combination anyway, I've seen a couple of fanmodes that end up with a better combined spaceship.

Speaking of that mold I'm still fighting with myself trying to convince me not to get Skyshadow too. I've spent abnormal amounts of time holding the box in a store staring at how badass he looks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blackheart posted:

Yeah and it's intended, but as you say it's not super secure. Still it's kind of a dumb combination anyway, I've seen a couple of fanmodes that end up with a better combined spaceship.

Speaking of that mold I'm still fighting with myself trying to convince me not to get Skyshadow too. I've spent abnormal amounts of time holding the box in a store staring at how badass he looks.

Yeah unless I find a killer clearance deal or find him online for cheap, Sky Shadow is probably the last TR guy I get. Just don't have much of a connection to those characters after G1. Overlord is an exception because he looks so badass.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sky Shadow also looks badass though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Can confirm Sky Shadow is as much fun as Overlord in hand. Get both to have their base modes flanking your Trypticon.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

I mean yeah, it is pretty dumb for a plane to sit on a tank. I'll have to check out those fanmodes.

It really is worth it getting both though, because they're very different. In the past, Hasbro would just change the colors and maybe give a toy a different head and call it a day. Overlord and Sky Shadow have the same tanks \ legs but aside from that they're almost completely different figures.

It's pretty easy to pass on a figure that's a straight repaint or a headswap, but Hasbro and Takara have gotten pretty fiendish in recent years and now do a lot to differentiate remolds do draw you in. The Masterpiece cars were really kind of the start of this. For instance, Red Alert had fake wheels on his shoulders because the animation model had them. And Road Rage has more feminine legs than Tracks because she is a lady robot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Characterization: https://youtu.be/mZAZ_xu0DCg

With a hint of "crazy woman driver"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Captain Invictus posted:

Either ask for the grotesque back, or ask for an arcee and see if you can trade it for a grotusque (assuming you really want another one)

I guess we'll see now. It seems they've already shipped it whatever it is. I'd have preferred another Grotusque as it seems like a great figure when it's whole. I already have Arcee so if it ends up being that I will look around for a trade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I guess Overlord really hates himself or something

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
If you can't kill Megatron, settle for the next best thing.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

G1 Seaspray was and is one of my favorite bits - he was my favorite as a kid and I have a lot of fond memories messing around with him and transforming him back and forth. I liked his colors, he was little so he didn't take up a lot of room and I could take him with me everywhere, his transformation was simple but fun to do, and his alt mode was unique.

I just got the new Legends Seaspray and he's checking off a lot of the same boxes as the G1 version and I'm getting a lot of childhood nostalgia. :kiddo:
I think my only real complaints are that the "face flap" feels lazy and I wish they'd done a better job of hiding his head in vehicle mode, and his weapon is mega-dumb and I ditched it almost immediately.

Other than that he's quickly becoming one of my favorite bots of all time, he's pretty much everything I like in my "ideal" Transformers toys.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
I buy only a few Transformers each year, and I made Seaspray one of my 2017 picks. It's a neat little toy, and I like that they put his mermaid girlfriend's name on his arms, referencing the most wonderfully ridiculous episode of the old cartoon.

My only gripe is that his hovercraft mode doesn't have wheels on the bottom. I think his original '80s toy did.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kid Fenris posted:

I buy only a few Transformers each year, and I made Seaspray one of my 2017 picks. It's a neat little toy, and I like that they put his mermaid girlfriend's name on his arms, referencing the most wonderfully ridiculous episode of the old cartoon.

My only gripe is that his hovercraft mode doesn't have wheels on the bottom. I think his original '80s toy did.

The old toy did, yeah.

I did not notice the mermaid name on his arms, that's pretty hilarious.

I want to find my HFTD Linebacker Seaspray and put Legends Seaspray in his cargo bay.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 10, 2017

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TR Seaspray's big doofy clown shoes are awesome, lots of character in those feet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No Clone sets in town yet but the price has dropped about 20% on eBay so in the end I may be able to score one for a not insane markup.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I figure, like most Walgreens exclusives, you'll be able to just wander into any Walgreens in a few months and they'll just be sitting there on shelves.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The_Doctor posted:

I figure, like most Walgreens exclusives, you'll be able to just wander into any Walgreens in a few months and they'll just be sitting there on shelves.

That's true. I was seeing Brainstorms until almost wave 4.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Good... good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I hope so. But it's not looking very likely as they went as far as to remove it from their website.