Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Next Week

https://twitter.com/ELEAGUETV/status/926572404469411841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I finally unlocked the Legendary swamp thing wings

AMA :agesilaus:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Can't wait for the guessing to be over with

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My birthday! :homebrew:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
So based off previous releases that means the hellboy will release on the ~14th

E: hellboy

Oberst fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 4, 2017

Oberst
May 24, 2010

E

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 6, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

opioid agonist posted:

I finally unlocked the Legendary swamp thing wings

AMA :agesilaus:

When are you coming back?

I got the Supergirl legendary and it's about the same as Batman's. Fun, not a big game changer in any way.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Grem posted:

When are you coming back?

I got the Supergirl legendary and it's about the same as Batman's. Fun, not a big game changer in any way.

I'll send a guild request today. I'm sick of dailies

Oberst
May 24, 2010

One day the guild will complete a multiverse

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao jk

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oberst posted:

One day the guild will complete a multiverse

lol why?

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

What's the giuld code for Goon Squad again?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Don't know why people are excited for the FP3 reveal. We already know it's The Atom, Bueno Excellente, and Rudy from Funhouse

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

opioid agonist posted:

What's the giuld code for Goon Squad again?

2DPGZ

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Goku, golden age superman, & booster gold

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Oberst posted:

Goku, golden age superman, & booster gold

Booster Gold is too good for this game

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

NRS will be discussing an upcoming balance patch during today's Hellboy stream.

Anybody know what time the stream begins?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Don't know why people are excited for the FP3 reveal. We already know it's The Atom, Bueno Excellente, and Rudy from Funhouse

Have already read some leaks about Rudy, particularly his Super move. He tells you to "GO PLAY ON THE STEPS" kicks you off the edge of the stage, he jumps after you with a wall clock, smashes it over your head while yelling "QUIT PLAYING WITH THE CLOCK" then kicks you in the genitals while opining "TRY AGAIN, BIFF"

have also heard the other 2 dlc characters are Azrael and Enchantress but gently caress that, rite?

opioid agonist posted:

NRS will be discussing an upcoming balance patch during today's Hellboy stream.

Anybody know what time the stream begins?

4pm EST

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

From the stream: PC beta starts today!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ed said no more MK guest characters.

So my money is on the guy from NARC

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NBA Jam guy as a playable character. They could just use all his pre-recorded stuff for prefight dialogue and clashes.

"I can see why Bruce likes you"

"IS IT THE SHOES!?"

E:

"HE'S ON FIRE!"

"A thermonuclear catastrophe"

"GET THAT OUTTA HERE!"

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 7, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Plastic Man makes so much sense (his Injustice issue was a fan favorite, characters with stretchy limbs are a hallmark of good fighting games, he's cool) and we're probably not going to get him :(

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

NBA Jam guy as a playable character. They could just use all his pre-recorded stuff for prefight dialogue and clashes.

"IS IT THE SHOES!?"

E:

"HE'S ON FIRE!"

"GET THAT OUTTA HERE!"

this forever

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"IS IT THE SHOES!?"

E:

"HE'S ON FIRE!"

"GET THAT OUTTA HERE!"

His super has to be the chaos dunk

BOOM SHAKA LAKA!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MrJacobs posted:

His super has to be the chaos dunk

BOOM SHAKA LAKA!

Can Batman even survive 19.7 megajoules of negative BBall energyPROTONS?

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 7, 2017

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

fadam posted:

Plastic Man makes so much sense (his Injustice issue was a fan favorite, characters with stretchy limbs are a hallmark of good fighting games, he's cool) and we're probably not going to get him :(

He and his kid were a big part of one of the comic book's arcs, so I wouldn't be that surprised to see him. The only real limitation is that, if he was done right, he'd probably be the single most technically demanding character on the roster: taunts that transform him into red-and-yellow versions of his opponent, constantly stretching, changing into new forms three or four times in the course of a single combo, etc.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

When's hellboy come out

You can give him pants with flames on them and goggles, like a huge awful dork

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They were going to put Plastic Man in, but then they wouldn't have had room for Raiden and Subzero

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LMAO, apparently people data-mining the beta found references to the Shadow of Mordor guys (the ranger and the elf) and Alma from FEAR.

Probably just a red herring, but if not NRS somehow found a way to waste slots even harder than they did on the MK guys and Cheetah.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

adding Talion/Celebrimbor would be cool as hell and not a waste like having a 2nd mk person was, at least

he can do a ton of neat stuff that would be easy to bring into a fighting game

though its weird he'd be in Injustice and not MK, with how often he cuts off limbs and heads

i know very little about Alma but again, seems like someone who would make more sense in MK

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think my theory of NBA Jam guy sounds better than Alma for F.E.A.R.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I would accept the parliament funkadelic as a extra character

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Maybe with their Royal Flush Gang alt, sure

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
David Lee Roth has a lot of interesting things you could clip to make a character.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

fadam posted:

LMAO, apparently people data-mining the beta found references to the Shadow of Mordor guys (the ranger and the elf) and Alma from FEAR.

Probably just a red herring, but if not NRS somehow found a way to waste slots even harder than they did on the MK guys and Cheetah.

Talion/Celebrimbor would make a great fighting game character. Weird for Injustice though. Alma would suuuuuuck.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I think it's more likely these are codenames for Enchantress as predicted and Deadman, and maybe at one point Tallion/Alma were possibilities or at the very least premier skin ideas.

Putting Tallion and Alma in this game would somehow be the most incredible waste of DLC slots in history, as if 2 MK characters didn't already do that

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Isn't FEAR basically over as a franchise? I could see putting Alma in a crossover game five years ago, but unless they're planning a series reboot, this would be truly questionable timing.

Plus, Alma would make more sense in MK anyway.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

fadam posted:

I'm not even kidding that the Raiden reveal made me completely lose interest in the game, despite having bought the Ultimate edition. There are so many great characters missing that it felt super lovely to spend more than 1 slot on an MK dude. It's a bummer too, because MKX I played for months and months.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how do you put a character whose defining trait is emaciated nude woman into this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm not even kidding that the Raiden reveal made me completely lose interest in the game, despite having bought the Ultimate edition. There are so many great characters missing that it felt super lovely to spend more than 1 slot on an MK dude. It's a bummer too, because MKX I played for months and months.

I don't blame you. SubZero was lame enough but Raiden was just a loving unpopular as hell move. I'd take poo poo like Etrigan over Hellboy, or crazier characters like Plastic Man, Prometheus, loving Professor Pyg, anything. At the end of the day Hellboy is a cool character but his moveset is completely "whatever" since we have so many guys with "big leap" and "guns" as their traits. Imagine what you could so with a shapeshifting elongated dude, a loving helldemon, a tech satan with a baseball bat and a football helmet. There was a joke about the Wonder Twins and I would have LOVED to see some kind of Noob/Smoke tag team character with bizarre special moves.

MKX using guest characters was kind of ok given that many MK characters weren't really that big of a deal, but with DC the character pool is limitless in possibilities. You have hundreds of choices. Shrugging and just deciding to put two MK guys in is largely disappointing. Even though Red Hood plays ok, at the end of the day they made a decision to put another guy with guns and throwing stars in the game over some bizarre and fun poo poo.

• Locked thread