Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lol good avatar material for 1500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You're an idiot if you don't atleast take that out and see if the engine turns over.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
from bin tires to bin bikes....he's evolving

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/7824/why-ferrari-quit-threat-should-be-taken-seriously

can someone summarize this article or is against the rules?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Can I just say I’m thrilled that Nico “The Big Boss Negotiator” “The Boss” Rosberg is getting Bobby “The Big Cube” The One Armed Sensation” Kubica a drive for Wheeliams in 2018

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

You're an idiot if you don't at least light that on fire in the stands of a soccer match

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GramCracker posted:

Can I just say I’m thrilled that Nico “The Big Boss Negotiator” “The Boss” Rosberg is getting Bobby “The Big Cube” The One Armed Sensation” Kubica a drive for Wheeliams in 2018

You can, but could you try to say it in a less tedious way?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You're an idiot if you don't at least light that on fire in the stands of a soccer match

:hellyeah: :italy:

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Norns posted:

I want to see him put down like a gremlin

Fixed that for you

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Gremlins 2 is a good movie

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Is it common practice for Bike mechanics to take cams out and polish out pits with some grinder from home depot instead of taking it to a machine shop or just buying loving new cams?
Sounds like a lot of work either way. I ran this one for about 10k miles. It looked exactly the same when I put it in before. But this is superior German metallurgy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah I'd probably be tempted to not gently caress with it if it was running fine beforehand if it was some cheap bike. On the higher end I'd probably just throw cash at a new cam.

I was more distressed by the fact that rednecks were loving around with these things without knowing what the gently caress they're doing when I had assumed these things were mostly dealer serviced.

I literally saw a guy trying to find TDC to change a timing belt with the spark plugs still in and then spun the idler pulley a few times and decided that was fine to reuse.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Summary:-

Ferrari: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! We are quitting!
Autosport: They probably totally mean it this time! Also we're morons!

Fin.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

Wirth1000 posted:

DOCTOR: Niki, you have to stop racing.... you're a burnt testicle!

LAUDA: Wir sind uns im klaren, daß dieser Krieg ja nur damit enden könnte, daß entweder die germanischen Völker ausgerottet werden, oder das Judentum aus Europa verschwindet. Ich habe am 1. September 1939 [sic] im Deutschen Reichstag es schon ausgesprochen. . . daß dieser Krieg nicht so ausgehen wird, wie die Juden sich es vorstellen, nämlich daß die europäischen arischen Völker ausgerottet werden, sondern daß das Ergebnis dieses Krieges die Vernichtung des Judentums ist. Zum erstenmal werden nicht andere allein verbluten, sondern zum erstenmal wird diesesmal das echt altjüdische Gesetz angewendet: Aug' um Aug', Zahn um Zahn!

Ah, here's our weekly dose of :godwin: right on time.

Holy lol, crop that poo poo and avvy for 1500 right now

Edit: Please tell me that is an Irish Traveller camp in the background. I know it's probably just a paddock

McGuinty fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 8, 2017

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

You can, but could you try to say it in a less tedious way?

Nah

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

hosed up if true

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Went back and watched the Mugello race from this year and it's pretty funny and quaint how the commentators act like Dovi winning there is some once in a lifetime ride.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Appropriate that it's a Suzuki

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Our favorite Joes Award was on a podcast - he talks about his Joes Award banquet and interview thing. :barf:

https://missedapexpodcast.com/episode-list/2017/11/6/joe-saward-ep9

...do people outside of this thread actually like this guy? Jesus.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Our favorite Joes Award was on a podcast - he talks about his Joes Award banquet and interview thing. :barf:

https://missedapexpodcast.com/episode-list/2017/11/6/joe-saward-ep9

...do people outside of this thread actually like this guy? Jesus.

Reddit loves him!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Reddit loves him!

I skipped ahead a few minutes and the host of the podcast is making little jokes here and there to lighten the atmosphere and Joes just doesn't take the bait. Not that I didn't know this, but christ what a dull oval office.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

wicka posted:

Reddit loves him!

Reddit's F1 sub is prototypical of the wider site. It's full of kids. They seem to rejoice in their own ignorance, including this odd habit of downvoting anything that is remotely evidence-based.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

I skipped ahead a few minutes and the host of the podcast is making little jokes here and there to lighten the atmosphere and Joes just doesn't take the bait. Not that I didn't know this, but christ what a dull oval office.

I've heard him on another f1 podcast and he came off as a real shitlord. Also his writing is bad so he's just bad.

gently caress Joes Award

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wirth1000 posted:

LAUDA: Wir sind uns im klaren, daß dieser Krieg ja nur damit enden könnte, daß entweder die germanischen Völker ausgerottet werden, oder das Judentum aus Europa verschwindet. Ich habe am 1. September 1939 [sic] im Deutschen Reichstag es schon ausgesprochen. . . daß dieser Krieg nicht so ausgehen wird, wie die Juden sich es vorstellen, nämlich daß die europäischen arischen Völker ausgerottet werden, sondern daß das Ergebnis dieses Krieges die Vernichtung des Judentums ist. Zum erstenmal werden nicht andere allein verbluten, sondern zum erstenmal wird diesesmal das echt altjüdische Gesetz angewendet: Aug' um Aug', Zahn um Zahn!

DOCTOR: its your funeral!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

dies ist ein McDonalds Drive-Thru

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also I don't get the idea that the 80s cars were more physical on the driver when fat sacks of poo poo like Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet could win races in them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*all f1 drivers are now extraordinarily fit because teams make them work out like mad*

dumb idiot 1500quid: why don't drivers look tired after 90 minutes of work anymore

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*all f1 drivers are now extraordinarily fit because teams make them work out like mad*

dumb idiot 1500quid: why don't drivers look tired after 90 minutes of work anymore

The real reason Montoya quit F1

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Also I don't get the idea that the 80s cars were more physical on the driver when fat sacks of poo poo like Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet could win races in them

Indeed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Although Prost and Senna were in very good shape.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A drat!

Not any more!

It's a crap product from my point of view and I will no longer spend thousands of dollars like I did in June when I went to see all five sessions in Montreal. The best part of the three days was hanging out with Hughes and talking about the past!

The product is crap. The engines and the aero regs are absolutely appalling. Most of the drivers are spoilt cry babies - and they're already in extremely safe cars at stupidly safe circuits with stupid amounts of run off. I hate Mercedes and I hate the FIA and Jean Todt.

I test drove some new 2018 road cars from Jaguar, BMW and even Audi in September - but NEVER considered a Mercedes-Benz. I ended up trading in my old e46 BMW M3 for a new 4 Series Gran Coupe. Obviously, I ain't happy that Daimler own 5% of Aston Martin - but I bought my Aston BEFORE Daimler bought into the marque from Gaydon. And - I will trade my Aston in for a new one when the time comes before even considering buying a Ferrari (or a McLaren (which I drove for the first time ever this summer as two of my friends own one a piece)).

If a product is crap - it deserves to fail. Either that, or improve the drat thing!
F1 is crap - with races pretty much decided at the first or second or third corner of Lap 1.

I have no sympathy for any of these bastards.

They can ALL go to hell.

My 37 years of religiously watching this stuff live since I was a kid came to an end in September.

Good luck trying to get me to get up at all hours of the night and morning to watch the ugly junk that will be 2018.

The Free Market Calleth - To Take A Hatchet To This Once Awe-Inspiring, Visceral Activity.

Bye, Bye - It was nice knowin' ya!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Don't you dare talk about Are Nelson that way.

Norns posted:

gently caress Joes Award

:agreed:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

1500quidporsche posted:

Bye, Bye - It was nice knowin' ya!

I don't watch so much any more as I'm more into bikes, but still come here because it's a fun place.

Watch something else for a while. MotoGP is awesome.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sulman posted:

I don't watch so much any more as I'm more into bikes, but still come here because it's a fun place.

Watch something else for a while. MotoGP is awesome.

I'm the biggest advocate of watching MotoGP in this thread lol.

I'm pulling for Big Dovs.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Does anyone remember what the F1 thread was like pre-Hamilton?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Does anyone remember what the F1 thread was like pre-Hamilton?

Sorry, I only started watching F1 half way into this season.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't get why this Ferrari team is so popular? Like my dad's boss comes over usually to see my mom when dad is out of the house and he lets me sit in his Ferrari in the driveway for like 20 minutes while he talks to my mom in the house but other than that i don't get the whole excitement for them???

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't get why this Ferrari team is so popular? Like my dad's boss comes over usually to see my mom when dad is out of the house and he lets me sit in his Ferrari in the driveway for like 20 minutes while he talks to my mom in the house but other than that i don't get the whole excitement for them???

The goodposting you've been doing lately......it was Wirth the wait.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Wow..... Reddit truly is a hellscape.... incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

r/incels got banned, so they have to go somewhere.

• Locked thread