Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Tae posted:

The demo is free

Whoa there's a demo. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom made insane money off usf2 sales though??

Yeah maybe, but repackaging Street Fighter 2 for the fiftieth time was all they had which shows they didn't really devote much in the way of resources to Switch development.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Getting something like NES/SNESflix would be great, but given how incredibly tight Nintendo are about giving away even 30-year-old titles, I wouldn't hold out for them to be too generous.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Beastie posted:

Is 1-2 Switch worth it for $25 or is the soft spot around $15?

I think it's worth full price if you find yourself in many social settings with friends and family who wanna jump in for some quick party fun.

If you're like most reviewers and players and assumed that 1-2-Switch was going to have hours of content for you and your super gamer friends, then you're not going to really get anything out of it at ANY price.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah I’m basically looking to entertain my nieces and nephews at a few holiday parties.

I went camping a few weeks ago and it poured rain the whole time. My nephews and I hid in our tent and they played Minecraft on my Switch. They’re 4 and 6 years old but they groked the controls pretty quickly. I’m pretty sure they’ve only ever played on a tablet.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

For some reason I thought XC2 was coming out around Thanksgiving to be able to enjoy it during the break, but I guess not. :(

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah maybe, but repackaging Street Fighter 2 for the fiftieth time was all they had which shows they didn't really devote much in the way of resources to Switch development.

Tbf, Capcom hasn't thrown much resources at any fighting game development they've done in a long time.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I love the idea of Netflix style classic VC games but hate the idea that they're all gonna be the same garbage NES classics we've retread over and over and over (I was absolutely over them back during the game boy advance days)

Mostly the NES is kinda painful to go back to, but anything past that would make me happier

Then again do I really care when I already have that plus waaaay more on my phone, and never actually play them because I'd rather play newer games? Just thinking out loud here I guess

Point is, I'm hoping we see snes or gba or 64, hell anything that isn't NES. But I'm not gonna assume we are until I see it. I'll probably still pay the 20 bucks or whatever for online rocket league, etc

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Whoa there's a demo. Thanks.

I have nothing to add to Octopath, but I smiled when I saw your user name.

Tom Goes To The Mayor will always have a special place in my heart.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

KingSlime posted:

I love the idea of Netflix style classic VC games but hate the idea that they're all gonna be the same garbage NES classics we've retread over and over and over (I was absolutely over them back during the game boy advance days)

Mostly the NES is kinda painful to go back to, but anything past that would make me happier

Then again do I really care when I already have that plus waaaay more on my phone, and never actually play them because I'd rather play newer games? Just thinking out loud here I guess

Point is, I'm hoping we see snes or gba or 64, hell anything that isn't NES. But I'm not gonna assume we are until I see it. I'll probably still pay the 20 bucks or whatever for online rocket league, etc

I 100% agree. I don't think there is a NES game that I would want to go back to.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Beastie posted:

Yeah I’m basically looking to entertain my nieces and nephews at a few holiday parties.

I went camping a few weeks ago and it poured rain the whole time. My nephews and I hid in our tent and they played Minecraft on my Switch. They’re 4 and 6 years old but they groked the controls pretty quickly. I’m pretty sure they’ve only ever played on a tablet.

Yeah, 1-2-Switch is great for those situations. The marble game blows people's minds the first time they play it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Speaking of 1-2 Switch, I've also played it for maybe a total of 1 hour since launch day. If anyone is interested I may throw it up on SA Mart.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bandai Namco says the latest sales figure of "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2" is more than 400,000 copies.

That's kind of insane. Late port, pretty much full price, no dlc, little to no advertising I saw. That's more than the title sold on Steam.

I'd have to imagine that pretty much makes FighterZ a lock. No wonder yesterday they said they were dedicating more resources.

Companies that missed the boat on this system have to feel like idiots.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/07/switch-happens-ubisofts-bottom-line-feasts-on-nintendos-new-console/

Ubisoft made 19% of their revenue in a quarter on the Switch and Rabbids, doing better than their PC business.

The Street Fighter game made a bunch of dosh, too.

It seems like a no brainer to port over popular titles asap. Capcom not porting Okami seems even more dumb, in hindsight

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That Best Buy Black Friday ad leak is disappointing. I wasn't really expecting any deals on the system itself, but I was hoping a little for some accessory discounts. Super Bomberman R for $25 seems cool, at least.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

fozzy fosbourne posted:

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/07/switch-happens-ubisofts-bottom-line-feasts-on-nintendos-new-console/

Ubisoft made 19% of their revenue in a quarter on the Switch and Rabbids, doing better than their PC business.

The Street Fighter game made a bunch of dosh, too.

It seems like a no brainer to port over popular titles asap. Capcom not porting Okami seems even more dumb, in hindsight

Okami I'm sure was in development for some time and would be a non trivial port, but not porting their various NES and Megaman Collections was a real boner.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I really shouldn't, but I kinda want the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition. :staredog:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Beastie posted:

I 100% agree. I don't think there is a NES game that I would want to go back to.

Let alone playing it in 4:3 on a portable 16:9.

I was this close to buying the Metal Slug reboots on here until I looked at the screenshots and realized how much I don’t want to play a square cropped onto this screen.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

That's the other thing, I'm going to be extremely picky about VC, unless it's actually remastered in some way to take advantage of the screen.

I hated launching VC titles on my DS and playing them in a tiny square with flat colors.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that Ubisoft number for their Switch games is kind of crazy. Wonder what else sold big besides Rabbids? And I'm glad Xenoverse 2 sold well, since that may very well lead to DBFighterZ.

Bandai has to know by now that porting Dark Souls on Switch will make crazy money.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Demon Souls would be perfect for the Switch.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hows the Switch performance on Unreal engine relative to PS3/4 anyway? Only wondering because Xrd already couldn't run correctly on the PS3 and DBFZ has a million more things going on at once in it plus new lighting effects. Could be pretty rough to do a port of it depending.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Switch has full support for UE4, and the new Yoshi game shown at E3 is actually a UE4 game.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

irlZaphod posted:

Rock 'N' Racing Off-Road DX - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rock'N Racing Off Road DX offers the most entertaining and exciting races, with loads of skids, crashes and amazing jumps. You will have several modes of play, such as Cup mode, time trial and multi-player with the option of up to 4 Players at a time. Online ranking table where you can compare your best times with friends and players from around the world.

I read that as Rock 'n' Roll Racing Blah Blah DX and my heart skipped a beat. Why you gotta do that to me, Nintendo?

On the positive side, huge important unannounced Mario feature: If you press Y to pick a random outfit at the closet it will re-randomize every time you die. Makes the tricky sections much more enjoyable.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ometeotl posted:

Switch has full support for UE4, and the new Yoshi game shown at E3 is actually a UE4 game.

I meant just in terms of horsepower really, I'm sure it wouldn't have any issues running the game but I'm thinking about if the visuals might have to take a significant hit or not.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Super Mario Odyssey should I be able to get all the moons in a kingdom right away or are there things in later kingdoms that I would need to get to first and then come back?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

More unlock after various story events, depending on the kingdom. You can't get them all in any Kingdom until you beat the main story.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

On the positive side, huge important unannounced Mario feature: If you press Y to pick a random outfit at the closet it will re-randomize every time you die. Makes the tricky sections much more enjoyable.

What? This is awesome!!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

irlZaphod posted:

I really shouldn't, but I kinda want the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition. :staredog:

The artbook in the XCX special edition kicked rear end, I'm absolutely getting the XC2 one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That Best Buy Black Friday ad leak is disappointing. I wasn't really expecting any deals on the system itself, but I was hoping a little for some accessory discounts. Super Bomberman R for $25 seems cool, at least.

This Black Friday isn’t gonna have any Switch hardware discounts. Places are simply going to be advertising they have it and it’s accessories in stock because it’s gonna be one of the highest in demand things for the holidays. We might even get tickle me Elmo style mom stampedes for them

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I figure I'd spend $20 in virtual console stuff over a year anyway, so I may as well. Also, its $20, thats $1.66 a month. It will probably be worth it for the eshop discounts alone.

Hehe it's totally gonna be 15% off stuff that is "only" 10% off for non-subscribers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

More unlock after various story events, depending on the kingdom. You can't get them all in any Kingdom until you beat the main story.

Thanks, good to know. I have been having fun puttering around the Sand Kingdom for a long while but I guess I should move on eventually and put on my completionist hat later

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Traditional fighting games are like the last thing I personally care about getting ported to the Switch. I have owned basically every portable and have never wanted to play a fighting game on the portable controls instead of something else. More power to those who want them but no thanks for me.

Fist of the North Star on the OG game boy was pretty sick tho

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

DLC Inc posted:

that Ubisoft number for their Switch games is kind of crazy. Wonder what else sold big besides Rabbids? And I'm glad Xenoverse 2 sold well, since that may very well lead to DBFighterZ.

Bandai has to know by now that porting Dark Souls on Switch will make crazy money.

Ubisoft also released Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition. They mostly had catalog sales on other platforms. However, 19% is much better than the Wii U's usual 1%.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Finally picked up a Switch with Mario/Zelda and bought another copy of Sonic Mania from the e-shop.

Have to say it's pretty neat having the best Mario, Zelda, and Sonic games in the past twenty years all on one console I can take on the train.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

enojy posted:

Hehe it's totally gonna be 15% off stuff that is "only" 10% off for non-subscribers

Incorrect, Nintendo would never discount eshop games an entire 10% whole percent. That’s reserved for gold tier Nintendo subscribers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/928321291530264576

What was the mystery behind the dragons? I actually beat the game but all I remember is that at the end you go to heaven? and fight somebody there?

Also I played through the entire werewolf clan questline because I thought at some point there would be romance options for the werewolf lady but that never happened.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the switch is great now but i'm really excited for what the switch ecosystem of games looks like in about 2 years.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guy Goodbody posted:

What was the mystery behind the dragons? I actually beat the game but all I remember is that at the end you go to heaven? and fight somebody there?
"why are they coming back" because nobody had seen one in centuries before the game started (like how there aren't any dragons in Morrowind or Oblivion)

(except that there's secretly one at the top of High Hrothgar)

(they are coming back because the old dudes who invented Dragonrend could only send the bad dragon into the future with an Elder Scroll rather than actually kill him)

I edited spoiler tags into this post, I guess I am kind of sorry

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 8, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Impermanent posted:

the switch is great now but i'm really excited for what the switch ecosystem of games looks like in about 2 years.

Me too, but I will literally be playing Minecraft for about a year from whenever I get one.

I'm at that point where it's been literally years since I've last played the game, and the Switch version seems to be right up my alley. I'll be a slave to it once more :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"why are they coming back" because nobody had seen one in centuries before the game started (except that there's secretly one at the top of High Hrothgar)

(they are coming back because the old dudes who invented Dragonrend could only send the bad dragon into the future with an Elder Scroll rather than actually kill him)

please spoiler tag this!

very rude to spoil!

• Locked thread