Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Switch Terraria will be cool if they let you use the touchscreen in handheld mode. I was bummed that Picross was controller only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

General Morden posted:

please spoiler tag this!

very rude to spoil!
Is it even possible to spoil Skyrim in 2017

I guess actually probably only 10% of people do the main quest or whatever because it's not really fun or interesting and the only point of doing it is to get Dragonrend

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I played Skyrim for 250+ hours and probably did 1/4 of the main quest total.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yes I have yet to play Skyrim and am really looking forward to going in blind so thank you so much for that

You could at least edit the post you know

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

^^^^ it's been almost 6 years to the day that it's been out. I think that's on you now.

Internet Kraken posted:

I, for one, want to do this on the toilet. :colbert:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d appreciate Skyrim spoiler tags too since I think most of the people that are interested in picking it up on Switch here never played it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There are just too many GOTYs on the Switch and only so many hours in a day.

What a great terrible time to be alive.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

^^^^ it's been almost 6 years to the day that it's been out. I think that's on you now

Nope that's bullshit and you know it

You're talking about a game that is coming out for the first time on a Nintendo console literally next week, posting major story spoilers for it in any nintendo thread is absolutely not kosher

"Let's blame the people who aren't breaking forums rules lol" - you

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

KingSlime posted:

Nope that's bullshit and you know it

You're talking about a game that is coming out for the first time on a Nintendo console literally next week, posting major story spoilers for it in any nintendo thread is absolutely not kosher

"Let's blame the people who aren't breaking forums rules lol" - you

Fine, but hey, at least this rings true:

Internet Kraken posted:

Seriously, the story is the last thing that people play the game for, so out of all spoilers for anything, this one ranks pretty low. I've never beaten the game, and I own it twice over, and have played it probably for the same amount of time as Internet Kraken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao skyrim spoilers? Pull you head out your rear end

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah maybe, but repackaging Street Fighter 2 for the fiftieth time was all they had which shows they didn't really devote much in the way of resources to Switch development.

They sold a bad port of a 25 year old game for 40 dollars to over 2 million people and made big bank. Its like a dream scenario for a company in terms of risk/reward.

What are you trying to say? That they are mad they didnt make less money by funding a aaa game and getting regular profit margins out of it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't even know how that's possible. I played it like 120 hours and platinumed it and did every quest

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hahaha I officially can't distinguish serious vs. ironyposts about Skyrim spoilers

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

irlZaphod posted:

I really shouldn't, but I kinda want the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition. :staredog:

Doesn't even have the full soundtrack :effort: , I cancelled mine.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I mean yeah it's not a big deal and my first Skyrim playthrough will still be fun but I still think it's inconsiderate

I'm gonna pay 60 bucks for it drat it, let me enjoy it on my terms!!

I did slightly spoil myself on the ending to SMO and I wish I hadn't because it might have set my expectations too high for what was otherwise a neat but not mind-blowing sequence of events

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't even know how that's possible. I played it like 120 hours and platinumed it and did every quest

Don't underestimate my ability to gently caress around accomplishing nothing in the process :shepface:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

General Morden posted:

please spoiler tag this!

very rude to spoil!

You find an elder scroll in the game

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You also kill a giant elder dragon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't underestimate my ability to gently caress around accomplishing nothing in the process :shepface:

There's just nothing interesting about non quest content

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's just nothing interesting about non quest content

Look I probably played Oblivion for over 500 hours a kid. Bethesda games scratch an itch in my idiot brain that lets me enjoy the process of walking around stabbing stuff for no reason. I'm not gonna pretend its deep content but I enjoy it for some reason.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

For those of you curious about DOOM on Switch, here's 2 good vids of footage, both in action and compared against other consoles:

https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/449023/3+minutos+de+partida+de+Doom+para+Switch+con+mando+Pro/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9no_CvzuUS4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

For those of you curious about DOOM on Switch, here's 2 good vids of footage, both in action and compared against other consoles:

https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/449023/3+minutos+de+partida+de+Doom+para+Switch+con+mando+Pro/

Looks good, as expected.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I just thought about FFXIV on the Switch .. :eyepop:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

A little less shine but still looks pretty drat good. I’m impressed with that engine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can’t wait for all the “pfff, my i9 gaming rig with dual GTX 1080’s and 32g of RAM makes it look way better” posts that completely miss the point.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I just thought about FFXIV on the Switch .. :eyepop:

I would play the poo poo out of that

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I can’t wait for all the “pfff, my i9 gaming rig with dual GTS 1080’s and 32g of RAM makes it look way better” posts that completely miss the point.

Did you read the comments in that video?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Takoluka posted:

Did you read the comments in that video?

Of course not, but let me guess. I nailed it?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I can’t wait for all the “pfff, my i9 gaming rig with dual GTX 1080’s and 32g of RAM makes it look way better” posts that completely miss the point.

I feel like we don't get too many of those around here

At worst people will just comment that they personally will opt to play the PC version, etc

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Of course not, but let me guess. I nailed it?

There's actually more positive responses than negative from the sample I've seen. :stare:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

There's actually more positive responses than negative from the sample I've seen. :stare:

Holy poo poo. I went and looked at the comments and they’re.........refreshingly optimistic. We’ve done it boys, we’ve found the one good comments section on YouTube!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turns out GOTY Doom is so good that it breaks console/PC barriers as having more options to play it is good for everyone.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
No one plays Bethesda open world games for the story, because Bethesda can't script stories for poo poo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have written this thread a haiku: The Nintendo Switch / it is a perfect system / Odyssey is good

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DLC Inc posted:

Yikes that's pretty loving ugly but I assume it's only running at 720p and upscaling to maintain 60fps so we Gucci.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If being slightly blurrier is the cost for letting me sit on the porch and play Doom, I think I'm fine with it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Holy poo poo. I went and looked at the comments and they’re.........refreshingly optimistic. We’ve done it boys, we’ve found the one good comments section on YouTube!!

Yeah, it's pretty decent, but there's still a lot of SWITCH LOOKS LIKE poo poo COMPARED TO THE PC. Like... yes? That's not the point.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

spoiler alert: skyrim is boring

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yikes that's pretty loving ugly but I assume it's only running at 720p and upscaling to maintain 60fps so we Gucci.
lol

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guy Goodbody posted:

Also I played through the entire werewolf clan questline because I thought at some point there would be romance options for the werewolf lady but that never happened.
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t kinkshame

• Locked thread