Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I joined a goon discord for the first time and ended up playing TPP for the first time. Is this the majority? I'd like to do FPP only. I had fun, though! Thanks goons.

I think the majority of people on the server play TPP but there are people who do FPP too, you just need to specify that when you're trying to get a group together. Some people will happily do either, and some people even play FPP in TPP mode! (Don't do this, it's a horrible idea and you're at a tremendous disadvantage but there are some goons who don't get that.)

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea I realized watching a teammate when dead that you can peak around corners in full cover and poo poo. If you are playing TPP you should obviously be doing that and not locking yourself into FPP for :smug: reasons or whatever the reason is.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also a pro tip: if you die in a hot area don’t spectate immediately. Think of yourself as another fixed position camera who can tell your squad enemy movement. Too many people spectate immediately when they can tell their team what building an enemy is going around.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I play FPP. Less hackers, less peeking around corners, and at least when I die in FPP, I feel much less cheated.

I feel TPP encourages prone-laying bullshit and free intel for zero risk.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Just got killed by yet another hacker. I can't wait for a real company to come out with a better version of Battle Royal.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I am in a tunnel with nothing but bullet loops, bullet loops everywhere.

I've won the bullet loop lottery.

Edit: I made it to top 10 with nothing but 5 bullet loops in my inventory.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 8, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Valve needs to release PUBG 2.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

daslog posted:

Just got killed by yet another hacker. I can't wait for a real company to come out with a better version of Battle Royal.

Fortnite

...jk

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Shroud is cool, but all his little hanger-ons are insufferable. Chad and just9n need to go away forever.

Hanger ons? Lol. J9 was a pro cs player for a while wasn't he. And I think Chad's shrouds real life friend since he's over at his house pretty often.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

WhatEvil posted:

Don't play with Pissmop though if you don't like getting TKed.

Pan Pissmop whenever you gotta chance.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Shroud is cool, but all his little hanger-ons are insufferable. Chad and just9n need to go away forever.

I don’t really see how they are that bad? I’ve met and work with way worse people in real life.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea the seem pretty normal. They like to rage a bit, but who doesn't rage at this game :shrug:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea the seem pretty normal. They like to rage a bit, but who doesn't rage at this game :shrug:

I don't, I get 5 bullet loops and I'm like, okay, this is a sneaking mission.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Hanger ons? Lol. J9 was a pro cs player for a while wasn't he. And I think Chad's shrouds real life friend since he's over at his house pretty often.

J9 was a minor pro at best but has been playing CS with shroud since forever.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

J9 was a minor pro at best but has been playing CS with shroud since forever.

What a scrub!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I enjoy the TSM team in pubg for watching squads. I usually watch Viss's stream for it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

whydirt posted:

I enjoy the TSM team in pubg for watching squads. I usually watch Viss's stream for it.

Everytime I watch Viss I feel like he’s moments away from putting a gun to his head.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I prefer ChocoTaco, a nice chill dude that explains what he is doing and why he is doing it. He may not be the human aimbot like shroud is, but he can still pull off some fun stuff like this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrepuscularAmericanPastaNotATK

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This conversation started because people were talking about watching him, probably a page ago.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Fauxshiz posted:

I can hear it. Its glorious.

I'm hearing it in Huel Howsers voice

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

This conversation started because people were talking about watching him, probably a page ago.

I know, I wanted to weigh in!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I joined a goon discord for the first time and ended up playing TPP for the first time. Is this the majority? I'd like to do FPP only. I had fun, though! Thanks goons.

Join an empty squad channel and type "lf3m first person"?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wow. The new fog map is tense as hell. I think I like it more than rain. That low hum noise makes it feel a little spooky.

Other than that my first thought after having not played this game in months is solo mode needs a kill cam like yesterday.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

DrNutt posted:

Wow. The new fog map is tense as hell. I think I like it more than rain. That low hum noise makes it feel a little spooky.

Other than that my first thought after having not played this game in months is solo mode needs a kill cam like yesterday.

Let's be honest here. The server can't even handle 65 people in game without everything turning into a laggy mess. If they can't code basic things like that, I very much doubt they are capable of a kill cam that doesn't fill up your hard drive after 4 deaths.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Demo recording is a UE4 feature, so I'm pretty sure they should be able to avoid messing that up.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

DrNutt posted:

I can't stand the fog. It's just a camp fest with everybody slugging around in the final circle. Super boring gameplay imo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

I can't stand the fog. It's just a camp fest with everybody slugging around in the final circle. Super boring gameplay imo.

Fog with teams is insane and is/was the most successful map type for me.

A tip: don't use tan clothing or headgear. It gets spotted really quickly compared to the blue helmet/dark helmets.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I feel like if the fog distance we're just a little less it would be extremely solid.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Fog is awful and makes the game unfun, also it makes cheaters even worse to deal with.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Fog is awful and makes the game unfun, also it makes cheaters even worse to deal with.

The only good opinion on fog.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Actually it was pretty fun to play a match that didn't come down to who was lucky enough to find a 4x scope and camp the edge of the circle.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Actually it was pretty fun to play a match that didn't come down to who was lucky enough to find a 4x scope and camp the edge of the circle.

Literally just having a 4x is what kills people, not having the mechanical skill to shoot people, finding cover or putting yourself in positions. Spoken like a true bad.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Fog would be alright if it rolled in and then out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Literally just having a 4x is what kills people, not having the mechanical skill to shoot people, finding cover or putting yourself in positions. Spoken like a true bad.

I'm talking entirely about distance and not any of that other bullshit but go ahead and be smug anyway. Fox only, no items, final destination. So much fun.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
On the earlier chocotaco chat, he announced he's going to start streaming full time starting in January :3:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

DrNutt posted:

I'm talking entirely about distance and not any of that other bullshit but go ahead and be smug anyway. Fox only, no items, final destination. So much fun.

If you dont have a scope, maybe just like, dont take long range fights?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Have you considered closing the distance while using cover to move up? Or just getting good at using a red dot? Shift zooms a little also steadies.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Trivia posted:

Fog would be alright if it rolled in and then out.

It does do this, it lightens and thickens. Fog games actually own. I like that it greyscales the map and turns it into who is smart enough not to silhouette on ridges. Final circles in fog games are awesome. I think I've won like 75% of fog games tbh.

Edit: We had a pretty fun end of a game just now where we got trapped in bunkers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn-_2LCul4k

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 9, 2017

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Fog games are extremely good. It's a fair hamstring and requires you to alter your play in smart ways and makes the last circle less luck based because you can reasonably live even if the other guys have the cover.

Rain games, on the other hand, are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Rain games are a pusher’s paradise. I love em.

• Locked thread