Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Spudd posted:

We haven't done this for awhile but I'd like it if another Tauren was added. They're just really cool. Could go with either Cairne or Hulm (Holm? Hilm?... Helm?) Highmountain. Although I'm pretty sure all Tauren's would be warriors. Maybe a Tauren priest but there are no named ones.

When Cairne dies, Baine pops up in his place, enraged.

Magatha could show up later as well. (Shaman in WoW)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

gently caress.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It's gotta be the tauren chieftain from Warcraft 3, loving badass smacking the enemies with a giant axe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

lucifirius posted:

It's gotta be the tauren chieftain from Warcraft 3, loving badass smacking the enemies with a giant axe.

ETC has been in the game since alpha.

Nybble posted:

When Cairne dies, Baine pops up in his place, enraged.

So D.va but melee then ? :v:

Come on give us Deathwing, full dragon mode all the time, you play solo vs an actual 5 man team. :black101:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Need a Tauren Spiritwalker who smashes people with his giant totem:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Excuse me but this nerd is a tauren spiritwalker. you're thinking of just a tauren.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Hamuul Runetotem as bear druid is a thing that should happen.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A shapeshifting druid would be awesome, could maybe be multiclass if they're exploring that still? At 10 you can choose to go into bear or cat form as your shapeshift or something. Or boomkin. This game needs owlbears.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

*riots as Diablo players prosthelytize the One True Druid*

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
If we get another D2 Hero it really should be the Paladin. I wanna hamer and zeal fools to death as a gloriously shiny holy man.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I want a multiclass priest whose trait is Shadowform. You can switch between both on a short cooldown but your talents don’t necessarily benefit both.

I mean Varian is pretty cool but deleting people every 20 seconds with Collosus Smash isn’t very multiclass.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If we get another D2 Hero it really should be the Paladin. I wanna hamer and zeal fools to death as a gloriously shiny holy man.
It'll be interesting to see how they go on that, because the paladin field is also fairly full of WoW characters (like... Liadrin, Yrel, Tirion, Mograine, Maraad) and at least one of them will probably be ret-style. I'd bet the D2 paladin either does auras, hammers, or FotH because they have less WoW analogue.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Johanna is basically a paladin by another name. She even has hammers. I think Blizzard would be unlikely to make a second hero that uses similar skills even if it's as a separate role. Besides hammers paladins really don't have any flashy or iconic skills so it might be tough to flesh out a character. They would what ... have passive auras and hit things quickly?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I want a multiclass priest whose trait is Shadowform. You can switch between both on a short cooldown but your talents don’t necessarily benefit both.

I mean Varian is pretty cool but deleting people every 20 seconds with Collosus Smash isn’t very multiclass.

People have been speculating about Anduin being the next multi-class hero for a while now. I won't be surprised if it coincides with the release of the next WoW expansion.

Shadowreaper Anduin in Hearthstone has shown that there is a lot of potential for a multi-class there.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 8, 2017

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

bamhand posted:

Johanna is basically a paladin by another name. She even has hammers. I think Blizzard would be unlikely to make a second hero that uses similar skills even if it's as a separate role. Besides hammers paladins really don't have any flashy or iconic skills so it might be tough to flesh out a character. They would what ... have passive auras and hit things quickly?

I think he might work well as a stance type character that has no ultimate ability (similar to Udyr from LoL).

Give him 3 different auras that correspond to different 3 R skills which are usable only when he has a specific aura active. So maybe Vigor/Fanaticism + Charge, Defiance + Smite, and Holy Fire (talented Freeze/Shock) + Holy bolt. Most of those skills would be rather unique in HotS and you could avoid double hammer overlap with Johanna.

At level 10 you could choose which combo to improve. Smite would gain multiple hits (Zeal), Defiance would give you Holy Shield (substantial defensive buffs), and Holy bolt could be changed to FotH. At level 20 you could choose to improve another combo or get some powerful active skill.

I guess generally he'd be a bruiser that would have to weigh decisions between buffing the party, giving himself access to specific abilities, protecting himself, or doing more damage to the enemies.

(Sorry for posting my amateur character designs here but I had too much fun thinking about this)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Oh man, New Zul'jin is amazing. I just had a match with a pocket morales and lucio and ended up out siege-damaging a Hammer.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

bio347 posted:

It'll be interesting to see how they go on that, because the paladin field is also fairly full of WoW characters (like... Liadrin, Yrel, Tirion, Mograine, Maraad) and at least one of them will probably be ret-style. I'd bet the D2 paladin either does auras, hammers, or FotH because they have less WoW analogue.

I haven't played WoW since BC, and don't remember it well. Don't Paladins use a system where they have short term attack buffs that they can activate another ability to turn into damage + negative effect on the target? I could see something where QWE gives you a buff that your trait "detonates" for an effect, multi-classed for the different specializations being fun.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
Anyone who got to play Alex want to give a summary of what she does exactly? I played a a bunch of games with her on my team and against her and I still don't know what was going on.

Cuatal fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 8, 2017

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

I haven't played WoW since BC, and don't remember it well. Don't Paladins use a system where they have short term attack buffs that they can activate another ability to turn into damage + negative effect on the target? I could see something where QWE gives you a buff that your trait "detonates" for an effect, multi-classed for the different specializations being fun.
They did a decade ago, yeah. Thankfully, the game has long since moved on from the horrible Classic Seal/Judge mechanics... although something like that could totally work for, say, Tirion (since he's "oldschool") to differentiate him from another, more modern ret paladin. They've got so many of them they're gonna have to get creative if they want them all, particularly with Uther and Johanna already cluttering up the design space.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Cuatal posted:

Anyone who got to play Alex want to give a summary of what she does exactly? I played a a bunch of games with her on my team and against her and I still don't know what was going on.

she turns into a dragon and her tits jiggle

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

bio347 posted:

Maybe at some point they'll do a mash-up and have a release about a hero who "wandered the realms" or something and gets abilities based on multiple franchises. Like a paladin who mixes Warcraft and Diablo abilities.

it's like painfully easy to imagine a cornball blizzard cinematic about a Diablo 2 paladin searching for evil, finding himself lost in Azeroth, and confronting Malganis or a Pit Lord or something as he unwraps the sword on his back and reveals the Ashbringer.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cuatal posted:

She heals a lot and has a decent long-range poke (for a support, anyways). She also has the potential for strong teamfight performance via Dragon form, which boosts her healing output considerably and gives her some pretty good damage output.

From my experience, a good Alex will almost never auto - it deals so little damage and she's so much safer on the backline because her Q casts from health.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Junkrat can be pretty good but also these guys were bad

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Power Bottom posted:

From my experience, a good Alex will almost never auto - it deals so little damage and she's so much safer on the backline because her Q casts from health.

That sucks, I love weaving in AAs on unsuspecting enemies as ranged support. :(

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Kurieg posted:

Oh man, New Zul'jin is amazing. I just had a match with a pocket morales and lucio and ended up out siege-damaging a Hammer.

Zul'Jin is the only dude I play anymore and his rework is real good. I love the talent that eats half your health. And now nobody gives me poo poo for picking guillotine every single match.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Two heroes I'd like to see added to the game are the Protoss Dragoon and Firebat both from Starcraft. Would be awesome to see how they implement them in the nexus. They did Probius so perhaps we'll see it someday.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Bayonnefrog posted:

Two heroes I'd like to see added to the game are the Protoss Dragoon and Firebat both from Starcraft. Would be awesome to see how they implement them in the nexus. They did Probius so perhaps we'll see it someday.

I want Rheinhart in the game bad. Shield that protects against ranged targets only, directional charge similar to Diablo's except it is a skillshot, and a ranged fire skill. That with an ult that is basically built for HOTS. And most importantly they could make a Rheinhart announcer after that which would rule.

Plus, people would stop complaining about OW character mobility being broken.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

the yellow dart posted:

Plus, people would stop complaining about OW character mobility being broken.

:lol:

It's nice to dream

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

the yellow dart posted:

I want Rheinhart in the game bad. Shield that protects against ranged targets only, directional charge similar to Diablo's except it is a skillshot, and a ranged fire skill. That with an ult that is basically built for HOTS. And most importantly they could make a Rheinhart announcer after that which would rule.

Bram?

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I wish they would just import Ashe from league instead of this Hanzo loser.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Just registered for this forum today. If anyone is looking for people to play with feel free to add me. My battlenet name is Bayonnefrog#1744. I play in around Gold 3-4 HL and TL usually and can answer any questions people have. Hopefully Plat soon.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Why are there so many sylvanas otp’s in gold? Every game it seems like at least two instalock her.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Star posted:

Why are there so many sylvanas otp’s in gold? Every game it seems like at least two instalock her.

She's one of the best solo queue characters in the game and pretty much always has been. She solves so many problems by herself.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Bayonnefrog posted:

Just registered for this forum today. If anyone is looking for people to play with feel free to add me. My battlenet name is Bayonnefrog#1744. I play in around Gold 3-4 HL and TL usually and can answer any questions people have. Hopefully Plat soon.

be sure to make an introduction post in FYAD

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Polio Vax Scene posted:

be sure to make an introduction post in FYAD

lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Bayonnefrog posted:

/join sagoons in-game. That's where we usually find groups.

Also, download Discord and read the OP. Welcome!

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
So I found a Li Li rework build that I like that makes you into a titanium plated mosquito buzzing around the outskirts of the fight blinding/slowing/nuking/healing people all at the same time.

Eager Adventurer - Hindering Winds - The Good Stuff - This one depends on the game - Mass Vortex - Blessing of Yu'lon - I haven't tried Mistweaver yet but I think the +30 armor guy is probably better.

If you keep Serpent Sidekick on yourself at all times and have The Good Stuff healing you it's extremely hard to die and if you're playing right you should be getting Fast Feet benefits most of the time. The only two times I've died with this build so far have to dumb stuff like Junkrat mine over a wall and I think it was ridiculous Stitches hook.

In other news, I've saved up 50 chests for when Alex releases. I'm thinking to get the best results you open the low tier boxes first hoping to get lucky then spend gold rerolling the rare/epic boxes?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cuatal posted:

So I found a Li Li rework build that I like that makes you into a titanium plated mosquito buzzing around the outskirts of the fight blinding/slowing/nuking/healing people all at the same time.

Eager Adventurer - Hindering Winds - The Good Stuff - This one depends on the game - Mass Vortex - Blessing of Yu'lon - I haven't tried Mistweaver yet but I think the +30 armor guy is probably better.

If you keep Serpent Sidekick on yourself at all times and have The Good Stuff healing you it's extremely hard to die and if you're playing right you should be getting Fast Feet benefits most of the time. The only two times I've died with this build so far have to dumb stuff like Junkrat mine over a wall and I think it was ridiculous Stitches hook.

In other news, I've saved up 50 chests for when Alex releases. I'm thinking to get the best results you open the low tier boxes first hoping to get lucky then spend gold rerolling the rare/epic boxes?

watch Halloween chests not include Alex

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Speaking of gold, what's the best use of gold in terms of rerolling loot boxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Depends on your priorities. It's probably not worth it if you still don't own characters, especially non-legendary characters, though it's hard to resist re-rolling epic chests.

Either way don't ever re-roll more than once imo.

If you really like opening loot chests buying a legendary hero you like for 750 gems is probably worth getting to re-roll 40 times down the line. Buying loot chests is just the worst value prop the game has.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 10, 2017