Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Actually now I wanna see the Orville run into a refugee ship being chased by aliens but all the aliens are clones of fat Lee

Fat Riker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Tunicate posted:

Fat Riker

Current Frakes

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Current Frakes

But older. With grey hair.

Frosted Frakes

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Paraphrasing an earlier post:

"You know this is a great show when it generates 100s of posts!"

Ummm..sure.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

cjg posted:

Paraphrasing an earlier post:

"You know this is a great show when it generates 100s of posts!"

Ummm..sure.

Did someone really say that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"you know it's star trek because we're having terrible nerd arguments about it"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

precision posted:

Wow, brutal self own.

I'm sorry that you can't understand that "You only think Farenheit is good because you've grown up with it, everyone else in the world uses Celcius and neither are inherently more logical" is a self own.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taear posted:

I'm sorry that you can't understand that "You only think Farenheit is good because you've grown up with it, everyone else in the world uses Celcius and neither are inherently more logical" is a self own.

Huh? No, I agree with that, I was just making a joke. The reason this derail was so funny is because neither of them are objectively superior.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nice mullet Bev!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I never noticed Geordie going :ughh: in this scene

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Davros1 posted:

Nice mullet Bev!

Would

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Nice mullet Bev!

please, it's called "The Bowie"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Nice mullet Bev!

drat in the thumbnail I thought it was Polaski :gowron:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Nice mullet Bev!

Seriously, what is going on with her hair there?

Also, in general, shut the gently caress up about temperature measurements.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Did someone really say that

Here it was:

The Lord Bude posted:

It says something about this show that we can get hundreds of posts discussing each episode. Plenty of other good shows might be lucky to get 50 over the course of the week.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Everyone knows the Post Count Quality Measurement is an inverse correlation; look how few posts were in my threads for Rectify and Patriot, for example.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Davros1 posted:

Nice mullet Bev!

Live long in the front, and prosper in the back!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

muscles like this! posted:

Seriously, what is going on with her hair there?

Also, in general, shut the gently caress up about temperature measurements.

It looks likes she has some sort of loopy hair bun

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

I'm not sure why fracture widening would be bogus. The fracture was cause by gravity sheer, which could have altered the density of part of the hull, causing it to exert continued stress.
Seriously, fatigue failure exists. Introducing a weak point would probably cause the surrounding material to handle loads it wasn’t designed to. Grab any piece of metal and bend it a few times, it’s not going to last.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Cupid's Dagger

The Orville is called to mediate a peace treaty between two warring cultures, but tensions run even higher between Ed and Kelly when a familiar face boards the ship. Meanwhile Yaphit declares his love for Dr. Finn with surprising results.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Meanwhile Yaphit declares his love for Dr. Finn with surprising results.

So I guess since she almost died, she's going to agree to a date?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mister Kingdom posted:

tensions run even higher between Ed and Kelly

that's the worst part of the show so I'm not too confident here. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

cheetah7071 posted:

that's the worst part of the show so I'm not too confident here. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

It's the blue guy she slept with.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Aleph Null posted:

It's the blue guy she slept with.

...aw, gently caress, I bet you're right.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm calling it now that the blue guy's culture is totally fine with sleeping around so he feels he hasn't harmed Ed and acts accordingly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bull3964 posted:

I'm calling it now that the blue guy's culture is totally fine with sleeping around so he feels he hasn't harmed Ed and acts accordingly.

Nah, he seemed pretty loving ashamed in the first episode.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Cupid's Dagger

The Orville is called to mediate a peace treaty between two warring cultures, but tensions run even higher between Ed and Kelly when a familiar face boards the ship. Meanwhile Yaphit declares his love for Dr. Finn with surprising results.

Pretty sure this means higher than they run between the two warring cultures (because they've been getting on pretty well for a number of eps now). loving hope so.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Pretty sure this means higher than they run between the two warring cultures (because they've been getting on pretty well for a number of eps now). loving hope so.

That's still the most worrying episode synopsis ever though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That's still the most worrying episode synopsis ever though.

After the last half dozen episodes I think they can pull it off.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm seriously intrigued by the "surprising results". Wondering what exactly they're planning to imply.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

mllaneza posted:

After the last half dozen episodes I think they can pull it off.
The last half dozen episodes have been good because they haven't featured tension between those two.

I've been really liking this show since episode 3, but that synopsis looks like it's just piling everything that's poo poo about this show all together.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
If the episode tonight is a dud, that's fine. The Orville already has a better track record than most first seasons of Star Trek.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I hope they can fit in a racist vaccine planet episode before they wrap season one.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The doctor is a robosexual now.

It's going to be all petty relationship drama from here on out. A love triangle between robot and blob and the Captain and XO bickering. Since the network execs decided that is what people want.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shbobdb posted:

The doctor is a robosexual now.

It's going to be all petty relationship drama from here on out. A love triangle between robot and blob and the Captain and XO bickering. Since the network execs decided that is what people want.

A love quadrangle after Alara gets jealous that she didn't take Issac up on his offer

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Forbidden Fruit

Sparks fly when the Orville encounters sister ship Monitor as love between family causes strife among the crew, raising tensions between Ed and Kelly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

Nah. If anything the execs stop watching after the first two episodes, which is why those had the most awkward and forced humor, because execs eat that poo poo up.

The later episodes have been better by far and I see no reason why that would have to stop. Seth (or the writers) clearly know what they're doing at this point.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sophie's Favorite

The Orville encounters pirates who hold the crew hostage, forcing the crew to make a gut wrenching decision, raising tensions between Ed and Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Orville popup ad during Gotham says "viewer discretion advised"

I'm pretty sure it doesn't normally.