Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Someone tried to gently caress with my life last year based on a rant I went on in here. So it does happen.

Must be someone here took issue with the floor sex?

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There's not a drat thing wrong with floor sex. :colbert:

Holy poo poo, TheWorkNumber has so much poo poo on me.. so much of it is wrong, too. About the only thing that was correct was, surprisingly, what they had on me from Whole Foods (which also shows a voluntary separation). They have me listed as being fired from Papa John's (and only working for them for 3 months, not 13 years), when I quit. They show the wrong pay rate from PJ's, show the wrong hours per week, etc etc etc. They show me as working for UPS for 12 years (it was a few months), a week for some other employers (it was short term, but not THAT short term), and show a couple of random employers I've never worked for.

It was a bit creepy that they had every paycheck I had from the Whole. Gonna have to call and dispute drat near everything they have on me aside from what's on there about the Whole.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 8, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

lovely that somebody would do that to you. :( Somebody violated rule #1.

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'd never heard of TheWorkNumber before... looked it up... god drat, commercial Equifax.

That's frightening and shouldn't exist.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

It sounds a lot like a blacklist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consulting_Association

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im just gonna get everyone fired hth

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You can't fire me, I quit!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
YOURE FIRED FROM QUITTING GET BACK TO WORK

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Just before 6am and my daughter wakes me to say the cat is acting weird. Sure enough, he is in a lot of pain and can't pee and quite dopey. Cue digging out his documents and calling the vet while pulling on clothes and grabbing the cat box out. Then I had to refit my potentially dead battery in lightning time and prayed to any listening deity for it to work. Caught first time. Broke a bit of plastic putting it in. Entirely no fucks given.

Got stuck in traffic on my way there and i just loving lost all remaining control and bawled my eyes out while driving and telling him he would be okay. He talked back. He's my buddy. Think I might have a speeding ticket on the way, if I haven't the camera was off or faulty.

Emergency vet took him in and gave him some pain relief after a quick exam, they are going to try squeezing the piss out of him, and if that fails then x-ray/bloods/catheter. Been a few hours and no news is good news, waiting till tonight for a full update. House feels so loving empty without him around.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

Emergency vet took him in and gave him some pain relief after a quick exam, they are going to try squeezing the piss out of him, and if that fails then x-ray/bloods/catheter. Been a few hours and no news is good news, waiting till tonight for a full update. House feels so loving empty without him around.

Good luck. I'm dealing with a cat with FLUTD right now too :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

Just before 6am and my daughter wakes me to say the cat is acting weird. Sure enough, he is in a lot of pain and can't pee and quite dopey. Cue digging out his documents and calling the vet while pulling on clothes and grabbing the cat box out. Then I had to refit my potentially dead battery in lightning time and prayed to any listening deity for it to work. Caught first time. Broke a bit of plastic putting it in. Entirely no fucks given.

Got stuck in traffic on my way there and i just loving lost all remaining control and bawled my eyes out while driving and telling him he would be okay. He talked back. He's my buddy. Think I might have a speeding ticket on the way, if I haven't the camera was off or faulty.

after losing rascal it was shocking to me just how much company a pet provides. my wife sleeps during the day to work midnight shifts and she misses having her protector and buddy, and I miss having a video game pal who liked to talk to me and my discord buds in the middle of overwatch matches

i hope your buddy pulls through

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

We went through this with two of our cats. Solution for us was to feed both wet food once a day and access to dry food throughout the day.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cats can get what is effectively bladder stones but more of a crystal "sand", it could be that.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Seminal Flu posted:

I'd never heard of TheWorkNumber before... looked it up... god drat, commercial Equifax.

Had never heard of before and yeah that's a bit scary. I'm not going to look up what they have on me but I'm surprised I haven't heard people complaining about it before.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

after losing rascal it was shocking to me just how much company a pet provides. my wife sleeps during the day to work midnight shifts and she misses having her protector and buddy, and I miss having a video game pal who liked to talk to me and my discord buds in the middle of overwatch matches
We have friends that watch the dogs when we go out of town but usually drop them off the day before because we always leave stupid early for trips. House is just empty without them. One keeps her company while she reads or watches TV and the other is my garage/gaming buddy.

Anyone have a VW forum that isn't full of idiots and has some well organized tech info? VWvortex is the old one I used and there's some good stuff but it's buried and there's a lot of misinformation. Specifically looking for MK1 VW stuff for the '82 Caddy.

Did figure out my non working wipers, hvac is likely due to the load reducer relay being toast. Nice I found that before I went through and started pulling tracing wires.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 8, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Cats can get what is effectively bladder stones but more of a crystal "sand", it could be that.

Crystals and stones are more common, but my cat has FLUTD caused by the proteins from the inside of his swollen bladder delaminating and clogging the urethra.

We've been treating it with cartrophen (an anti-arthritis drug) and so far it seems to be helping. He does keep trying to pee outside the box, and it was super scary when he got blocked though. But there is hope :)

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
How do cats fare as garage buddies? Right now my fiance and I have two four month old kittens that I wouldn't dare let into the garage (because everything must be tasted, eaten, and thoroughly pounced upon right now) but I'm wondering if I'll eventually be able to trust the little buggers around garage stuff.

Well, once we stop moving for work and settle into a house I'll have a chemicals cabinet I can lock--I don't have that right now so it's pretty dangerous for kitties.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Dave Inc. posted:

How do cats fare as garage buddies? Right now my fiance and I have two four month old kittens that I wouldn't dare let into the garage (because everything must be tasted, eaten, and thoroughly pounced upon right now) but I'm wondering if I'll eventually be able to trust the little buggers around garage stuff.

Well, once we stop moving for work and settle into a house I'll have a chemicals cabinet I can lock--I don't have that right now so it's pretty dangerous for kitties.

My biggest worry would be spilled coolant or something like that. Cats have the world's worst kidney system, and antifreeze could probably really screw up a cat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

My biggest worry would be spilled coolant or something like that. Cats have the world's worst kidney system, and antifreeze could probably really screw up a cat.

GDCKS

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

I don't know how much it takes but antifreeze will definitely kill a cat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Most modern antifreeze has a really nasty bitterant that cat's won't touch, so don't worry too much about that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

General_Failure posted:

Oh they do here. Hell, where the Niva was concerned they also got me for bad U joints (barely visible play when grabbing and twisting on one, and the other tucked up above at the transmission output shaft was a bit stiff. Needed to replace them. Freeplay in the idler arm, steering box and a wheel bearing. Those were fixed by a slight tweak but still. C'mon. At least I didn't get into any arguments about freeplay in the seat backrests this year. I mean that's because I went to another place because of that reason.

Y'all need to lighten up on that inspection poo poo. It's kind of hilarious that a nation that markets itself with the whole freewheeling, casual, shrimp-on-the-barbie attitude is completely militant about private/personal vehicle inspection. I understand keeping the vehicle safe enough to drive, but the key part of the phrase there is "enough". It doesn't have to be factory-perfect, and requiring such is a burden on lower-income folks, unless yuou want to provide a good, solid, efficient public transportation system.
We'd have like 30% fewer cars on the road (legally) here in the US if they nixed cars with minor leaks. Probably more, actually.

Seminal Flu posted:

QFT, though it appears that one has to provide permission for employers to access it. I'm almost afraid to create an account and check my history with them. I'd never heard of them either.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

It's kind of hilarious that a nation that markets itself with the whole freewheeling, casual, shrimp-on-the-barbie attitude is completely militant about private/personal vehicle inspection pretty much everything.
Fixed that!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You're not allowed to install electrical outlets yourself in most of Aus iirc

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
drat, united flew their last passenger 747 flight yesterday and delta (the last US carrier) will cease flying theirs for passengers in December.

end of an era :911:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Just walking through Walmart and see an Xbone X on the shelf. WTF is that?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

InitialDave posted:

Fixed that!

Beat me to it. That poo poo runs deep. We're pretty much not allowed to do anything.

Darchangel posted:

...It doesn't have to be factory-perfect, and requiring such is a burden on lower-income folks, unless you want to provide a good, solid, efficient public transportation system.

Politicians don't need to use public transport, and upkeep of their (probably provided) vehicle is someone else's problem.

e: I could have bought an extremely cheap 250cc quad this week. Would have been awesome, except there is literally nowhere it can be ridden. Boo :(

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Stove top stuffing flavor potato chips?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slidebite posted:

Like a PS4 pro. Faster XBone. They tried to make the shortened name "XBoX" versus "xbone" but failed.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I'm procrastinating so hard on draining the Jeep's transmission oil so I can get rid of that ridiculous smashed lasagna cork gasket that someone put on it.
I think it's because of two other problems that are staring me in the face with the XJ. It needs a new O2 sensor and a new rear wiper arm.

Cheapest I've found on the O2 sensor so far is $117 and I'm not even sure about it being the right one. The rear wiper arm... I have no drat idea where to get one besides eBay US for around $100 inc. postage and a very long wait.
I couldn't give a flying gently caress about the rear wiper, but I'm not the gummit

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

It's supposed to be a significantly more powerful Xbox, and from what reviews I've read, it really is. For the games that have been enhanced for it, they look and perform better even on 1080p, but they get positively gorgeous if you have a 4K, so they say.
I'll probably limp along with an Xbox One S for a while.

General_Failure posted:

I'm procrastinating so hard on draining the Jeep's transmission oil so I can get rid of that ridiculous smashed lasagna cork gasket that someone put on it.
I think it's because of two other problems that are staring me in the face with the XJ. It needs a new O2 sensor and a new rear wiper arm.

Cheapest I've found on the O2 sensor so far is $117 and I'm not even sure about it being the right one. The rear wiper arm... I have no drat idea where to get one besides eBay US for around $100 inc. postage and a very long wait.
I couldn't give a flying gently caress about the rear wiper, but I'm not the gummit

I bet one of us could find you one in the wrecking yard for a whole lot less, unless most of that is the shipping, VAT, etc.
You said Grand Cherokee, right? What year?

On a note related to the above vidya gaems discussion, I just watched the trailer and noted that two of the cars available are a '55 Chevy Bel Air, and a '65 Chevy C10. And they can both be fitted for off-road. Might be interesting.
Oh, hey, there's also a Buick GNX!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I came across this drat van today and I don't know, I kinda like it. '64 G10, straight 6 and 3 on the tree.

It's tagged and cranked right up. I might buy it, depending on what the old guy wants for it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Like a PS4 pro. Faster XBone. They tried to make the shortened name "XBoX" versus "xbone" but failed.

Thanks guys. Out of the console loop for a while.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

I came across this drat van today and I don't know, I kinda like it. '64 G10, straight 6 and 3 on the tree.

It's tagged and cranked right up. I might buy it, depending on what the old guy wants for it.

Buy it, that's an awesome looking van!

What does the inside look like?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

angryrobots posted:

Buy it, one day we'll all be dead and at least then you can have "had an awesome van" written on your gravestone.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
just lol

https://twitter.com/GabbyNews3LV/status/928355055492669440

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Seems like the shuttle was stationary and a truck hit it. Score one for driverless cars :smuggo:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Buy it, that's an awesome looking van!

What does the inside look like?

So if you look closely, you'll see the "custom" exterior sun visor made out of sheet metal, with clearance lights. That's home-made. Also the fog lights on bumper, side markers, and diamond plate cladding.

All that is to say...the inside looks a lot like the outside. :v: The owner is AI in his own way.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

angryrobots posted:

So if you look closely, you'll see the "custom" exterior sun visor made out of sheet metal, with clearance lights. That's home-made. Also the fog lights on bumper, side markers, and diamond plate cladding.

All that is to say...the inside looks a lot like the outside. :v: The owner is AI in his own way.

Everyone needs that weird van period in their lives. The flatter the nose the better.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Everyone needs that weird van period in their lives. The flatter the nose the better.

:yeah:. And I found the flattest nose I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

angryrobots posted:

:krad:

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Think I'm about to end mine, I took delivery of a Daihatsu Rugger today and it's so awesome (I posted it in our Japanese Import thread) that I'm probably going to keep it and sell my 90 Acty. I also got an 83 Acty Street today as well but the Rugger, man, little turbo diesel clattery SUV thing really gets my goat. I'm actually out of space to store cars and I'm only one person and really can't justify keeping cars around just because I think they are cool, going to become some hosed up hoarder.

• Locked thread