Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we have Hostess and Little Debbie. I honestly thought Tastycakes was something they made up in the Matrix movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

DICK DICER posted:

At mile marker loving 14, my tail light died. Right next to a park.

Im wondering if this is a sign.

As the Samoan lawyer to your Hunter Thompson here: it's dark. It's [former] bat country [gently caress you irma]. Rest, because holy poo poo have you ridden some miles today, son. Wake up, come into KW fresh. Call my daddy and see if he wants to meet for some Cuban coffee; it's on me (well, if he fronts and I send him Paypal). Also as your lawyer, I advise you to try Cuban coffee, if you haven't that stuff it is the tits

Applebees Appetizer posted:

You need to have someone take your pic with your bike at the southern most point when you get to Key West, it looks like this:

As an unabashed lover of touristy kitsch, you know I bought the t-shirt with that on it when I visited. Gonna wear it tomorrow in honor of 14's arrival.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Exactly what I hoped it would be. I love you so loving much for this.

:hfive:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah we have Hostess and Little Debbie. I honestly thought Tastycakes was something they made up in the Matrix movie.

Hell no son

my best friend when I was living in Korea was from Reading, PA, he would get Tastykake shipped from home and share them with me.

Tastykake owns.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I always thought Honeybuns were a universal treat. Are they just totally not a thing on the west coast/midwest or something?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

I always thought Honeybuns were a universal treat. Are they just totally not a thing on the west coast/midwest or something?

I've never heard of them before this thread.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Honeybuns are EVERYWHERE in Ohio

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Honeybuns are a midwestern standard. PBUC.

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
Honeybun's are all around the east coast.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

They are everywhere in Wisconsin.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

So I wasn't expecting 14 to be in the Keys so soon! J-Daddy has been given the heads up, and tonight I'm putting together a care package (if you can call my hot sauce "care"). PM me or email me at khatezilla@gmail.com for details on getting stuff mailed to Dave if you want to send goods. If it's logistically better for folks on the western part of the US/outside the US for me to acquire things and mail 'em myself, can do.

(Shameless bid for help as long as I'm in AI: if anyone in the Roanoke VA area can get the starter replaced on my 2001 Cavalier, I will match shop rate to send supplies to 14)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
RE: Scott Ian

He sexually assaulted a friend's sister. He also beat her up pretty badly too. She has no proof at all and is still too afraid to come forward about it because of where she is in life today. I'd already bailed so I wasn't around but her brothers and another friend found her lying in the parking lot next to where the bus was parked and relayed the details to me in full the next day. As I said, no proof and it's been a long drat time but gently caress that guy I hope he gets hit by a train.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I've never heard of them before this thread.

Me neither (lifetime SoCal resident). I see Little Debby individual-sale cakes and stuff like that, but christ they are godawful. My sister loves that kinda poo poo and while I have my own guilty pleasures, I can't get more than a bite or two into those.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Exactly what I hoped it would be. I love you so loving much for this.

:hfive:

Same here. All I want's just one more oatmeal pie.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

shortspecialbus posted:

They are everywhere in Wisconsin.

Lifelong Wisconsin resident, never heard of them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Me neither (lifetime SoCal resident). I see Little Debby individual-sale cakes and stuff like that, but christ they are godawful. My sister loves that kinda poo poo and while I have my own guilty pleasures, I can't get more than a bite or two into those.

I used to live on the Little Debby Nutty Bars when I was a teenager, including the honey buns. Funny how back in the 80's there was literally no concept of nutrition and processed food was all the rage. I wonder how my health would be different today if I wasn't raised on poo poo food.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My wife used to work at McKee foods and knew Debbie McKee (the actual Little Debbie). She was an rear end in a top hat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nutty Bars hell yeah

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

mekilljoydammit posted:

Weird. Pretty much every gas station has them, as well as every grocery store. They're with the Little Debbie stuff or the Hostess stuff or whatever usually, although occasionally a gas station will have them by themselves. I'd guess you've just never thought to look for them - they're not like an institution here like pasties are in the UP for example.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

mekilljoydammit posted:

Next time you walk by a vending machine look at the bottom shelf. We got em I promise you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

my 2001 Cavalier

:negative: all of AI is sympathetic to your plight, I assure you. Ugh.

Could you just have the car crushed, and then maybe get around by bicycle or something?

docbar
Nov 9, 2009

Dollar General carries tastykake products at least here in central calif

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Deteriorata posted:

My wife used to work at McKee foods and knew Debbie McKee (the actual Little Debbie). She was an rear end in a top hat.

Does not suprise me. At one point, Adam Reed (the creator/writer mostly behind Archer and other good shows) had a job with TBS in Atlanta - at one point he was literally given the assignment "Find The Flintstones with the least amount of dinosaurs in it" as the McKees were/are some species of Christian that things dinosaurs are blasphemy or somesuch, and somebody was hoping to do some "little debbie/Flintstones" cross promotion thing.

Dominion in Canada used to stock Honey Buns from a Canadian maker, but for some reason replaced that with little debbie brand crud instead. Little Debbie Honey buns are sweeter and somehow unwholesome tasting compared to the Canadian maker ones - probably something to do with the canadian ones able to go bad, where as Little Debbie snack cakes were immortal.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

We have a dude that stocks hostess/little debbies stuff in our area who is a regular. When he has to pull it off shelfs due to sell by dates, we get it in a big box for free. Theres always honey buns and they always go first. :kimchi:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I, too, am shocked that honeybuns are not a universal junkfood. They aren't my favorite, but sometimes a warmed up honeybun does hit the spot.

Congrats on making it to the Keys, Dick.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Leperflesh posted:

This thread is the first time I've ever heard of them. We don't have those things in California.

They do in prison.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Anyone who says they don't have honey buns on the west coast or whatever state you are in, well, yeah you do, you just never have heard of them, or they aren't popular in your area, or maybe not every store has them, but they totally exist everywhere. Also

nm posted:

They do in prison.

They are literally a currency in jail/prison. Like different things are worth X amount of honey buns.

Anyhow keep posting the pictures Dave, I'm really enjoying them!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

JacquelineDempsey posted:

So I wasn't expecting 14 to be in the Keys so soon! J-Daddy has been given the heads up, and tonight I'm putting together a care package (if you can call my hot sauce "care"). PM me or email me at khatezilla@gmail.com for details on getting stuff mailed to Dave if you want to send goods. If it's logistically better for folks on the western part of the US/outside the US for me to acquire things and mail 'em myself, can do.

(Shameless bid for help as long as I'm in AI: if anyone in the Roanoke VA area can get the starter replaced on my 2001 Cavalier, I will match shop rate to send supplies to 14)

Speaking of that, I am bad at responding. I got the hot sauce you sent, and just for hilarity's sake that Sinead O'Connor album is now in the tape deck on my old boombox. :)

Stuff rocks, although it's hot enough to make me sweat!

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Dave, how are the tobacco reserves holding up? If you need more let me know and I can send another bag to your Keys address.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

DICK DICER posted:

Finances ran dry and were just enough to get me to the Keys, but on the return trip i intend to be able to visit several restaurants, perhaps as many as three!

Congrats on making it to the Keys!

Sent you some scratch to get more honeybuns. Careful, though, they can stack up to diabeetus pretty quick.

Also to the rest of you, I can walk into my Safeway here in Seattle and get Honeybuns, where the hell are you west coast folks shopping? I've got them in Arizona, Nevada, Utah(!!!), California, Oregon, Washington..

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

As an Australian, I'm just sitting here trying to work out what the gently caress you lot are on about talking bout Honey Buns, Cos honey bun is a term of endearment for your missus down here.

This is the closest we get to Honey buns- Either a honey log

or a Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Cake

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's also a term of endearment to your significant other in the US.

At least in the southern US.

Kinda like "bless your heart" is a southern way of saying "you loving idiot". :v: (those commercials ran for a long time here in DFW... no idea if they still do, I don't watch TV much anymore)

e: those look delicious

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 9, 2017

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Oh they are, Dietary nightmare tho.... Cream, sugar, honey, butter....

http://www.capilanohoney.com/au-en/recipes/recipe/bee-sting-cake

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ferremit posted:

As an Australian, I'm just sitting here trying to work out what the gently caress you lot are on about talking bout Honey Buns, Cos honey bun is a term of endearment for your missus down here.

This is the closest we get to Honey buns- Either a honey log

or a Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Cake

Man I'm all about beestings.

There's not much better than a good vanilla slice though.

Vanilla custard, flaky pastry and thick icing (frosting) on the top.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im basically begging for a death that refuses to come today

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
wow someone assaulted you with a bb gun??

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nope thats the skeeters. My entire body is like that, ive even got bites on my palms, knuckle folds, fingertips, ears, you name it.

I also seem to have stepped into the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 9, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Did you run into scabies or bed bugs?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Manual mosquito manscaping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I forgot about the key chickens! The first time you see a car stop to let a chicken cross the road it is hilarious.

• Locked thread