Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
With Sunday fast approaching, my departure from Orlando looms immiment. Its time to split off the sister threads again, and make my way into the brave new world ahead.

For those of you who don't know me, lmao. Buckle up. For those of you that do, unbuckle so you can be thrown clear in event of a roll over.

This thread is a road trip thread. My steed? A 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 4MT. Code named 'the Brown Note.'

But doctor, I am PagliacciInch, why would you post 2 wheel action in AI and not cycle asylum?

First off, because they smell funny in there. And secondly im going to be focusing on cool car poo poo i find along the way, and using this thread as a chronicle for route info and contact information. I hope to provide a look at motoring America that would otherwise be missed or ignored after youve been skull hosed into submission across two thousand miles of just getting to your destination.

First leg of the trip will be east on 50 to Kennedy. Then south along the coast to Miami. Anyone along this route that would like to meet up, please feel free to mention so and we will try to coordinate.

And lastly, never forget.

I am immortal.

I have in me the blood of Kings.

I have no rival.

No man can be my equal.

I will take you to the center of my world.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
And I looked, and behold a brown horse: and his name that sat on him was Dick, and Smell followed with him.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Adiabatic posted:

And I looked, and behold a brown horse: and his name that sat on him was Dick, and Smell followed with him.

5'd

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This fall, America is going to get familiar with Dick.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I genuinely never have any real idea what happens in these threads, they read like I'm on drugs...

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You taking hwy 1 down the coast? I ended up over there next st Augustine because of wrecks on I95 when I left you guys, anyway I noted that part of hwy 1 has really nice bike lanes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

You taking hwy 1 down the coast? I ended up over there next st Augustine because of wrecks on I95 when I left you guys, anyway I noted that part of hwy 1 has really nice bike lanes.

Yes, thats the route i had planned. Then going exploring/swimming alone at night in the everglades national safety water park and rest stop

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

DICK DICER posted:

Yes, thats the route i had planned. Then going exploring/swimming alone at night in the everglades national safety water park and rest stop
Yep, that's what florida does best. Safe bodies of water!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SPOTTED ON THE SIDE OF A HAIR SALON: "WE CUT HAIR NOT PEOPLE"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you need inspiration, I enjoyed watching Seth (from Seth's Bike Hacks) and Alex (The Singletrack Sampler) do a run down the Florida Keys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSQjXmB0q8

Also, depending where you get to, http://www.twoand.com/ seems like a cool bar-cum-bike-repair-shop. Plus they have a downright daft :nws: advertising video: https://vimeo.com/104628849

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

We've gotta Dickman to ride, we've got a Dickman to riii-iii-eee-iiide.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im debating starting my ride tomorrow, Sunday for sure but i think ive done all i can assist with here in Orlando

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
5'd and subscribed

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Getting a late start today, so tomorrow is the official riding set out. Need to hit the hardware store for rack mounting bits as i left the other ones in the trailer when i washed Nebraska off my bike. Got 40 amp hours worth of portable battery chargers, and warm and cold gear and my biolite. Running low on rolling papers, but tobacco reserves remain high. Also have a surplus of tiny, tiny lizards.

Several significant differences noted, but i am amused by the contrast between the goon death march and my experiences so far. Not one person has insisted i will die :q:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Not one person has insisted i will die :q:

You've already survived the mean streets of Seattle, and the desolation of rural Nebraska. We know you're good.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also nobody at REI bats a loving eye if you say youre riding to Denver

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Trip off to a great start, 35 dollar overdraft fed on a $0.09 overdraft because i forgot to cancel the google play subscription a goon paid a month for for me while i was in nebraska

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Jesus Christ. Switch banks man. Or at least turn off courtesy pay.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Larry fixed it. I no longer feel angry

Actually i no longer feel anything except tingling all over my left side

Send help

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I got me an Oatsmobile :buddy:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

I got me an Oatsmobile :buddy:

Oh, that's clever. I like that. I want it now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Might have to wait until this tropical system goes away, it's moving awfully slow.

After that another front comes through then you should be good for awhile.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
How are you going to make it across the country without a cart? Have you done multiple day rides to be sure you can make it? How many charities have you contacted for donations? Do you have light enough clothes?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

StormDrain posted:

How are you going to make it across the country without a cart? Have you done multiple day rides to be sure you can make it? How many charities have you contacted for donations? Do you have light enough clothes?

Bitch im raising awareness, okay

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Woah wait what the gently caress i was told it never rains in Florida

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tonight im doing some last minute bike maintenance. God i loving love the feeling of new headset bearings.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

Woah wait what the gently caress i was told it never rains in Florida

It is the sunshine state. At least you have unlimited oranges and gators to eat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Alright well okay, as long as it doesnt get windy here i guess i can put up with it

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I was sold with the Queen lyrics, but this:

Adiabatic posted:

Goddrat the thread is firing on all cylinders right out of the gate.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

As Nero Danced posted:

Goddrat the thread is firing on all cylinders right out of the gate.
Yes, but it's meant to be a rotary.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Component-rich exhaust

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DICK DICER posted:

Component-rich exhaust
Yeah, I'm on a high-protein diet at the moment myself.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

InitialDave posted:

Where are the 12 parts threads to support this one?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just broke my backpack semi-frame :thumbsup:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All this, plus my complete camp hammock and biolite stove fit in the panniers.

Just ride back and think of England.

Ratchet strapped my 0° bag, down jacket, and spare tire carcasses to the back.

I miss my leather :(

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I've never seen anyone bring a deadblow mallet on a bike tour.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Breakfast Feud posted:

I've never seen anyone bring a deadblow mallet on a bike tour.

Look i have my reasons okay

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its actually because the pedals are on an elliptical to set chain tension, and if stuff packs in around it it welds itself into place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I wish you luck Dave, this is going to be quite the journey, I look forward to seeing what you find.

• Locked thread