Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
You know, there's a lot of theories about why Brazile did her about face - book deal, angling for a fox news position, angling for a berniebro position. But, i think the better explanation, is that she just got tired of having to deal with the stupid bullshit clown show that is the Clinton club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A type of regulation that would unironically own, penalizing corporations that don't provide the services they advertise. If you have ice cream on the menu, but one of your franchise machines are broken, the corporation, not the franchise, are charged 1 Million/day.

The idea is penalizing false advertisement and removing the legal shortcut they currently have.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rudatron posted:

You know, there's a lot of theories about why Brazile did her about face - book deal, angling for a fox news position, angling for a berniebro position. But, i think the better explanation, is that she just got tired of having to deal with the stupid bullshit clown show that is the Clinton club.

Nah, if that were the case, she would have quit years ago. She like the other rats fleeing the DNC are trying to get whatever scraps they can get. Brazille won't be accepted into any kind of bernie patronage network, but she does have a book to sell....

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Over Easy posted:

So I procured the Donna Brazile audiobook and I am 3 hours in and you have got to listen to it. She says gently caress and drat the correct number of times and her quips are like when James Carville makes sense.

She hates Robby Mook and this fucker Brandon, who is the campaign's liaison to the DNC who acts like he loving runs the place (her words) and the way she goes after both of them with intensity and cursing and laser guided jibes is intense.

Here is an excerpt from about 2:45 minutes into the book that I am transcribing as accurately as possible:

This anecdote continues for quite a while, the short and short is, the campaign kept stubbornly using the duck and DoBRaz gets more and more pissed. Culminating in the revelation that HILLARY WANTED TO USE THE DUCK. NO ONE WOULD STAND UP TO CLINTON. DoBraz finally got through the bubble and connects the fact that the campaign has big connections to Disney money and she says "I know you all want that money so get rid of that loving duck." [that's a literal quote] it was killed in moments.

"And the next morning I was able to enjoy my breakfast with the NBA. I enjoyed it very much, in fact."

"I didn't sense much fun or loving in Brooklyn" DoBraz describing the atmosphere of Brooklyn HQ

what in the gently caress

I followed the primary and election pretty closely and I don't remember a duck whatsoever other than our resident nazi

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

rudatron posted:

That duck story owns

The chad chicken vs. The virgin duck

Chad cock imo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I followed the primary and election pretty closely and I don't remember a duck whatsoever other than our resident nazi

I do, it was pretty early on and covered in the sort of "isn't that wacky" way and subsequently ignored. Sometimes you'd still see it at a Trump event tho.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

the c-spam background was donald duck riding the trump escalator briefly

it was a thing, a dumb thing that was mocked relentlessly

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/19/record-people-creepy-donald-duck-costumes-stalking-donald-trump/88983760/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nice

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Apparently Hillary personally wanted the ducks. There was even a Project Veritas video about the ducks.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Remember the robot that followed Rubio around in NH? That was the loving best

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 03:52 on Nov 9, 2017

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a good explanation for people wondering where hillary's $1.2B went is that she had a gut on payroll who followed donald teump around in a donald duck outfit

more importantly she had people on payroll who had the time to think of that idea and implement it

who knows what other ways to piss away money they thought of

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jesus christ she thought the duck idea was good but could never come up with a reason for why she wants to be president more appealing than "i think i could do the best job"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MaxxBot posted:

domo arigato

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

jesus christ she thought the duck idea was good but could never come up with a reason for why she wants to be president more appealing than "i think i could do the best job"
everyone got together and huffed each others' farts and got paid millions of dollars and the best talking point they could circulate to all the pundits was "most qualified"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if i ever get a job where i can take vacations ill go to iowa and new hampshire every four years and just heckle politicians

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving lol that Hillary insisted on having Donald Duck. That is such an old white person thing to insist on.

It's just as cringy as the dog barking thing
https://youtu.be/YtlXkJGKwao

Hillary is still loving living in the 90s

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i remember the duck because i made this terrible thing when the veritas video came out

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/finestmarxman/status/928438022202212352

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Frijolero posted:

Hillary is still loving living in the 90s

It was literally a stolen campaign strategy from Bill's campaign in the 90s, so yes, precisely.

Paid billions of dollars for campaign ideas and strategy and all they came up with was "Let's do what Bill did!"

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

For some reason, the fact that they didn't even bother to spray paint the box or wrap it in tin-foil makes me unreasonably irritated. Why half rear end a costume that you are aiming to get on national TV?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GoluboiOgon posted:

For some reason, the fact that they didn't even bother to spray paint the box or wrap it in tin-foil makes me unreasonably irritated. Why half rear end a costume that you are aiming to get on national TV?

rubio didn't deserve that level of effort

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

WampaLord posted:

It was literally a stolen campaign strategy from Bill's campaign in the 90s, so yes, precisely.

Paid billions of dollars for campaign ideas and strategy and all they came up with was "Let's do what Bill did!"

but they cut bill himself out of the campaign to an insane degree, presumably because he was constantly driven to say "you're all really stupid and are doing this totally wrong"

he was a more prominent feature in the 2012 campaign than 2016 which is just crazy to me.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

GoluboiOgon posted:

Here's a better dressed robot being roughed up by a rubot

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

Here's a better dressed robot being roughed up by a rubot

Just lol at fighting somebody for the honor of marco rubio. Even the hillbots have a better idol.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I have felony assault charges from a Jeb! rally that turned ugly

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jazerus posted:

but they cut bill himself out of the campaign to an insane degree, presumably because he was constantly driven to say "you're all really stupid and are doing this totally wrong"

he was a more prominent feature in the 2012 campaign than 2016 which is just crazy to me.

I think part of it was him being not up to the effort of campaigning (he looked really sickly the few times we did see him), but a larger part of it was that they knew if they had him speak too much, she would look far worse by comparison in terms of charisma.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://mobile.twitter.com/avermeule/status/928462337341837312

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Chad cock imo

Canonically he is known as "Chad Thundercock"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

Paid billions of dollars for campaign ideas and strategy and all they came up with was "Let's do what Bill did!"*
*But worse in every way.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

And also ignore Bill Clinton if he tries to give any actual good advise.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Over Easy posted:

By evening the campaign said that she suffered from a combination of allergies and pneumonia. when you have two explanations, my gut tells me that one of them is a lie.

That night when I saw she'd fainted in public and tried to cover it up and lie about it I told my wife that Hillary was going to lose. (And everyone stood up and clapped.)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Phone posted:

i saw this in the afternoon, and it looks like the root is full on donut infested at this point: http://www.theroot.com/say-something-nice-7-things-that-have-actually-improve-1820215083

yeah, OK

Looking at their other articles wow they really suck

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao of course I have this saved on my iPad

back in my deanie days, they held a dem-primary debate at usc, and a bunch of LA for Dean folks went to watch it, including one member of the steering committee wearing a giant cardboard flip-flop she made to protest kerry.

the bush folks or the rnc must've been watching bc once kerry won the primary they were all over that flip-flop poo poo.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
the root is dumb.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

WampaLord posted:

but bill actually tried to assuage the economic worries of working class voters and tried to relate to them???

hillary on the other hand went around telling them in the aftermath of nafta how great nafta actually was for them lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Looks like Goodsprings

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
ironically if they had listened to Bill they probably would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i feel like trying to counter maga with america is already great may have backfired and maybe they shouldve listened to the guy who won two presidential elections

• Locked thread