Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Sounds like Trump.

Trump on the best day of his life doesn't have the style, complexity, or depth of Kefka on his worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.buzzfeed.com/pedrofequiere/max-from-a-goofy-movie-is-a-lumbersexual?bftw&utm_term=.beVG6Ek06W#.kj5wlLzJl8

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Trump on the best day of his life doesn't have the style, complexity, or depth of Kefka on his worst.

just don't let trump near the three goddess statues which must be kept in careful balance lest the world be cast into ruin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

just don't let trump near the three goddess statues which must be kept in careful balance lest the world be cast into ruin

too late he already touched the orb

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dreddout posted:

TeenVogue is no longer woke
imo it's the opposite problem: teen vogue has become terminally woke. i never liked the whole editorial shift towards serious news reporting where there wasn't any before, inevitably it leads to articles about "digital blackface" and entire issues edited by the woke slay queen herself. so many websites have become unreadable because they got self-important
i remember when the most common reaction to brands trying to be hip and with it on twitter was scorn. now it's become a sense of relief that a twitter account, run by an unpaid or underpaid intern at the behest of a multibillion dollar corporation, just gets you

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i remember when the most common reaction to brands trying to be hip and with it on twitter was scorn. now it's become a sense of relief that a twitter account, run by an unpaid or underpaid intern at the behest of a multibillion dollar corporation, just gets you

i still loving hate it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i still loving hate it
same. it's the best source of new content in this thread

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Some intern trolling people on Twitter is still way less annoying than this sort of poo poo

Arby's should make that nihilist Arby's account their official Twitter I might actually eat it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the interns aren't trolling anyone, they're playing right into the corporate playbook of making the brand more appealing

some of the lamest examples are NHL team twitter accounts manufacturing fake drama by making sick burns against other teams, or just straight-up posting gifs with a game update

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

i still loving hate it

I hate that whoever runs the Arby's account is a fan of the dragon maid show.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I hate that whoever runs the Arby's account is a fan of the dragon maid show.

they may run the economy, environment, and government into the ground, but at least they hire some of us to make pop culture references we recognize!!!

i think whether i personally like those references is a bit of a forest for the tress thing :shrug:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I block all official brands that get on my timeline anyway.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I block all official brands that get on my timeline anyway.

i just use an adblocker which seems to also block sponsored tweets

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

Sometimes if you block enough of the big brands that actually pay a lot of money to advertise on Twitter, you'll get the weird promoted tweets.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Shear Modulus posted:

I never see fake tweets on my PC, but on my tablet and phone I've been playing brand whack a mole. I somehow got the idea that Pi-hole could block those (and mobile youtube ads) but it didn't seem to when I had it set up so I gave up on it.

EDIT: Yeah, the more brands you block on twitter the weirder the promoted tweets get.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Looks like the SNES title Final Fantasy 6 [USA], the last good Final Fantasy game beofre Square starting officially making barely interactive movies they passed off as games.

you mean before they switched their target audience to 14 year old japanese girls

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'll still go to bat for FF7 being so weird, even if it's not a good game.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

i block every promoted tweet i see on my phone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh i dont use twitter on my phone

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
tbh i probably won't much anymore now that everyone has 280 it's much harder to enjoy the dunks while making GBS threads

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

get that OUT of my face posted:

imo it's the opposite problem: teen vogue has become terminally woke. i never liked the whole editorial shift towards serious news reporting where there wasn't any before, inevitably it leads to articles about "digital blackface" and entire issues edited by the woke slay queen herself. so many websites have become unreadable because they got self-important

Wait you read Teen Vogue before that?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

VII and IX are legit good to great. XII is a worthy experiment, not exactly a success but interesting and fun if you can get into the right mindset.

The rest is silence.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I always felt Zack was such an interesting character at the time, shame they didn't have nearly enough of actual Cloud to show off but i'm glad they made him a dork in before crisis :shobon:

shame about the parts of before crisis that weren't just about the Turks and Zack/Cloud

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Osama bin laden played ff7.

Need I say more.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Osama was all about the babes. (yes I do get that this is an Avalanche joke)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Final Fantasy 7 is 6 hours of good game and 60 hours of incredibly bad game. I'm doing the math on this and yep folks it checks out, it's a bad game.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
The significant change between 6 and 7 had nothing to do with cutscenes, which took up maybe 1/10000th of the total playtime; or even the switch to 3d, which did not actually change the mechanics of the games in any way.

What did change was the character designer, from a notable artist who drew everyone as ethereal heroin fiends to one who drew everyone as members of j-rock boy bands.

This is all irrelevant to the best game in the series, Tactics.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

actually the best final fantasy game is super mario rpg followed by 1 for nes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oooh, best answer. The Nazis were terrified of being chopped to death by sharpened trench shovels.

WWII manuals advised soldiers not to use captured Japanese swords in close quarters combat, and instead use shovels, which were much more deadly and effective in a brawl.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i can't believe buzzfeed hired that front page writer

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

sir this isn't the hot takes thread

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Hodgepodge posted:

The significant change between 6 and 7 had nothing to do with cutscenes, which took up maybe 1/10000th of the total playtime; or even the switch to 3d, which did not actually change the mechanics of the games in any way.

What did change was the character designer, from a notable artist who drew everyone as ethereal heroin fiends to one who drew everyone as members of j-rock boy bands.

This is all irrelevant to the best game in the series, Tactics.

character design is hardly irrelevant to tactics (despite it in fact being the best final fantasy game), where every character is a medieval waif with huge hands and the main character is best known for his toned and shapely rear end

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

WWII manuals advised soldiers not to use captured Japanese swords in close quarters combat, and instead use shovels, which were much more deadly and effective in a brawl.

why isnt there a dojo for shovel fighting

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Shear Modulus posted:

actually the best final fantasy game is super mario rpg followed by 1 for nes

Mario rpg was not a good rpg and anyone who says otherwise is blinded by nostalgia

Mario and Luigi superstar saga however, that was the poo poo

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

the bitcoin of weed posted:

character design is hardly irrelevant to tactics (despite it in fact being the best final fantasy game), where every character is a medieval waif with huge hands and the main character is best known for his toned and shapely rear end

That was true of some of the early final fantasy (3?) games too though

All of you are blinded by nostalgia the only good rpg is Xenoblade

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chronotrigger

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
dragon
quest

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Chronotrigger

oh yeah this is the best final fantasy game easily

the best part of chrono trigger is how it actually starts in a few minutes and you dont have to spend half an hour before anything interesting happens

also that theres almost no filler content

i replayed it like four years ago and the only part i got bored in was some of the dino time parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

oh yeah this is the best final fantasy game easily

the best part of chrono trigger is how it actually starts in a few minutes and you dont have to spend half an hour before anything interesting happens

almost every final fantasy game starts in medias res, though

taking forever to get going is a much more trenchant criticism of dragon quest