Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Covok posted:

I mean, I gave into "lol nothing matters" from day 1 of the Trump Presidency, gave in to insane dystopian fantasies for months, was such a petulant little poo poo I was the 10th most ignored user and got a term named after me, and only changed after the health care bill finally died and I finally felt like victory was possible.

Remember when we were all panicking and our very survival was dependent on John McCain voting no on healthcare repeal? Strange times, strange times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Annointed posted:

Remember when we were all panicking and our very survival was dependent on John McCain voting no on healthcare repeal? Strange times, strange times.

That was a weird and wild night. I felt the lowest of lows and the highest of highs.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

theflyingorc posted:

Your Boy Fancy made Sean Spicer sad and got Zoro banned

a true american hero

It’s been a whirlwind, really

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Covok posted:

This is joke, yes?

Asks the man who just posted this

Covok posted:

Our victory is like a torrent that will wash away the scum of the Republican party and the Trump administration! In the voting booths, our voice is heard like a divine wind! With great force, prudence, and protest, the 2018, 2019, and 2020 elections will mirror the onslaught of 2017 and ensure the defeat of evil and ultimate victory of good!

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It’s been a whirlwind, really

Checking in here from crisis counselor/disaster relief land. :) Keep it up, friends and allies! Thank you!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
In conclusion, Covok is a man of contrasts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

While I'd love for the Flynns to be locked away for the next hundred years, their information is probably going to be extremely valuable w/r/t potentially bringing down Trump, and we definitely don't want to be turning that down.

Are there any other Flynn family members?

If father and son are stupid/ terrible enough to do this poo poo seems like the whole family should burn.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/katherinemiller/status/928477241155211264

Look what you did, you guys, you made Sean Spicer sad

My oxen have been fed, my crops have been nourished and my hair is strong and luxurious...embrace this new liberal wonderland, Spicey. Life comes at you fast.

Any chance Spicer or SHucks gets investigated with Russia, even as witnesses?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

PhazonLink posted:

Are there any other Flynn family members?

If father and son are stupid/ terrible enough to do this poo poo seems like the whole family should burn.

There's no other children.

Flynn Jr is who helped him run the Flynn Intel Group.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

covok the redeemed

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

covok the redeemed

He is no longer Dark Knight Covok.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

covok the redeemed

Covok the White

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

I mean, I gave into "lol nothing matters" from day 1 of the Trump Presidency, gave in to insane dystopian fantasies for months, was such a petulant little poo poo I was the 10th most ignored user and got a term named after me, and only changed after the health care bill finally died and I finally felt like victory was possible.

So you went from broke brained in one direction to broke brained in the complete opposite direction. Welcome to the fold, my smoothbrained comrade.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Didn't watch but saw Brazile was on Tucker Carlson.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Rinkles posted:

you know somebody is a good leftist by how often they go on Fox

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rinkles posted:

on Tucker Carlson.

Ah, the refuge of the damned.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

Brazile now working on behalf of Russia, I guess.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Brazile... bad?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Curse of McAulliffe. Goes on air on Tuesday and declares “nobody cares what she thinks.”

Not even two days later, he’s right.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

I didn’t watch it either but I saw it as I passed by the work break room TV and Tucker was smiling instead of his usual idiot face so that can’t be good

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Tayter Swift posted:

In conclusion, Covok is a man of contrasts.

:five:

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

KickerOfMice posted:

If the hypothetical here is waiting for the republican party to start pressing for anti-gerrymandering legislation, why not wait for that - and then agree that Oh poo poo that's a good idea, now that republicans argued their point, it makes sense!? I know the game of politics is labyrinthine and intentionally socially complicated and the republFOXNEWSicans would (my guess anyway) accuse democrats of being dishonest, betraying their values, hating america and lusting for full communism.

BUT. How could you possibly spin a pro-gerrymandering angle? I'm not saying it can't be done, my heart is just not enough of a shriveled, dishonest, corridor though corruption to imagine one.

lets say 2018 is a repeat of virginia last tue. the democrats start making noise, going through the motions of gerrymandering disctricts

then behind closed doors a few key democrats propose anti gerrymandering laws to the gop leaders

the gop proposes the legislation so their voters see them blocking democrat efforts.

democrats vote yes along with republicans

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

dbukalski posted:

lets say 2018 is a repeat of virginia last tue. the democrats start making noise, going through the motions of gerrymandering disctricts

then behind closed doors a few key democrats propose anti gerrymandering laws to the gop leaders

the gop proposes the legislation so their voters see them blocking democrat efforts.

Except the republicans would slip in a lot of poison pills like further abortion shenanigans, bazookas for sale, harder racial profiling, etc.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

El Burbo posted:

I didn’t watch it either but I saw it as I passed by the work break room TV and Tucker was smiling instead of his usual idiot face so that can’t be good

She literally gave them the ability to talk about Hillary. It's the greatest gift they could have possibly received.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Brazil's took a pic with David Clarke today....

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So... is this Flynn basically asking Trump for a pardon for him and his kid?

Edit: Also, I like this :hist101: version of Covok! :hist101:

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 9, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Interweb posted:

Brazil's took a pic with David Clarke today....

If that picture doesn't show her fist in his face then she's a traitor to the cause.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Crabtree posted:

Except the republicans would slip in a lot of poison pills like further abortion shenanigans, bazookas for sale, harder racial profiling, etc.

then the legislation fails, districts stay gerrymandered, and Democrats take all three branches in 2020?

I mean, if the GOP wants to poison pill their last chance at relevance, I guess that's on them?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zwabu posted:

So... is this Flynn basically asking Trump for a pardon for him and his kid?

yes, and not subtly

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Pander posted:

then the legislation fails, districts stay gerrymandered, and Democrats take all three branches in 2020?

I mean, if the GOP wants to poison pill their last chance at relevance, I guess that's on them?

One year and one day ago, we said that the GOP were dead and it turned out not to be the case. Don't get your hopes up.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Star Man posted:

One year and one day ago, we said that the GOP were dead and it turned out not to be the case. Don't get your hopes up.

I was just positing that under the theoretical scenario where the Dems actually have leverage in setting districts and the GOP piss all over their own sneakers.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Zwabu posted:

Old Covok = The USA, Circa 1940
The GOP = The Empire of Japan, December 7th, 1941
New Covok = The USA, Circa 1945

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

dbukalski posted:

Honestly just gerrymandering out the republicans is fine with me.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I've literally never heard about this Donna Brazile person before last week or so and now she's apparently the absolute most loving important topical person in U.S politics right now or something. :shrug:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever actually seen Trump tweet? Like, I know that supposedly he just yells at an aide who writes it down because he's a technological neanderthal, but I'm always curious how dictation manages to get translated into the word salad of caps that shows up on twitter. And what about the weird 3 am tweetstorms? Does he actually type those out himself with his old man thumbs or does he wake up his secretary or whatever?

You'd think he's been around cameras and microphones enough that someone's had to seen him do it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

If that picture doesn't show her fist in his face then she's a traitor to the cause.

Guess what?

She's a traitor

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Brazile has a long and storied history of really bad institutional decisions within the DNC and she is, herself, ably representative of ways and incentives within the DNC that give the party the seemingly magic ability to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" — along with the other extremely unmerited leaders of the DNC, she needs to go. Badly.

I only support what she is doing insofar as it helps shine a spotlight on institutional dysfunction in the DNC, but I categorically include her and her present agenda as dysfunction as well.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bakanogami posted:

Has anyone ever actually seen Trump tweet? Like, I know that supposedly he just yells at an aide who writes it down because he's a technological neanderthal, but I'm always curious how dictation manages to get translated into the word salad of caps that shows up on twitter. And what about the weird 3 am tweetstorms? Does he actually type those out himself with his old man thumbs or does he wake up his secretary or whatever?

You'd think he's been around cameras and microphones enough that someone's had to seen him do it.

"Alexa Tweet Bigly goodnes" goodnight.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Bakanogami posted:

Imagine if Trump is completely unaware of Twitter as a medium and it was a rogue staff member the whole time. Trump as just a lovable old dummy all along :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love how Xi and Trump are apparently super great buds now until he inevitably stabs him in the back on the way out like he did Abe, who I don't even like really and figure has overstayed his welcome as Japanese PM by a good few years already, but absolutely sucked the guys cock for 48 hours hoping to get the U.S back into their trade deal to basically get a "Nope Japan/US trade agreement and TPP deal still unfair to U.S because *insert bullshit reasoning* will demand a renegotiation". Maybe the guy will learn his lesson about expecting anything out of Trump or for him to return hospitality with open mindedness.

• Locked thread