Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

topiKal posted:

https://www.target.com/bp/Wine%20Cube%99

Yes it's a literal cube
No it's not a gallon it's 3L (so almost)
Yes it's kinda bad
No you shouldn't

Here in Sweden good wines comes in bag in box too, so it depends on where you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I buy cider in 3L boxes. Or 20L ones if I'm feeling flush.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Thesaya posted:

Here in Sweden good wines comes in bag in box too, so it depends on where you are.

well we live in america and while it wasnt the worst wine i have ever drank it was by no means good.

it was however, 20bux for 4 bottles. and it comes in a cube

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Even in the Nordic countries box wines are generally... mediocre and are seen as something to be ridiculed. A cheap way to get yourself drunk sure, but not much else. Sure there are some good brands in boxes as well but who cares, really.

Who cares, it's a winecube.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

topiKal posted:

https://www.target.com/bp/Wine%20Cube%99

Yes it's a literal cube
No it's not a gallon it's 3L (so almost)
Yes it's kinda bad
No you shouldn't

Target: Expect more, drink more.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Laputanmachine posted:

Is that like Timecube?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

White Coke posted:

Is that like Timecube?

Imagine 99 bottles of beer on the edge of a cliff.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Laputanmachine posted:

Even in the Nordic countries box wines are generally... mediocre and are seen as something to be ridiculed. A cheap way to get yourself drunk sure, but not much else. Sure there are some good brands in boxes as well but who cares, really.

Really? I mean, it is a middle class thing but I have had it served at dinner parties. Decantered, because the box is not pretty, but not hidden.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

coleman francis posted:

I can't wait for the new party member DLC, Cup Noodle, to come out

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Bruceski posted:

Imagine 99 bottles of beer on the edge of a cliff.

Say you take one down and pass it around. There's still 99 bottles of beer on the cliff.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're all missing the point. Ryanman is upon us.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

MR. J posted:

You're all missing the point. Ryanman is upon us.

Haha gently caress, I didn't consider this. Please tell us that Ryanman makes an appearance during a boss battle (or semi-difficult part of the game). It's important to me.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: THIS IS A REALLY BAD DLC :frogsiren:

Episode 43: So you want to be an assassin?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Every video should start out with Ryan's dyslexia.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I thought it was a joke video with that lovely new one until the camera zoomed in on his face. :psyduck:

Edit: I hate everything about this. gently caress SquareEnix.

Bocc Kob fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 8, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is this game just a vehicle for advertisements?! Like we all joked about it before but?!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Danaru posted:

Is this game just a vehicle for advertisements?! Like we all joked about it before but?!

Of course not. It was also a vehicle for licensed merchandise.

A limited collection of the guys' black leather outfits were produced by some japanese designer.
Audi produced a custom regalia (yours for only $470,000).
There's one other tie in(at least) but that one appears in-game so I'm not going to spoil the absolute joy everyone is sure to feel.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bethamphetamine posted:

There's one other tie in(at least) but that one appears in-game so I'm not going to spoil the absolute joy everyone is sure to feel.

A cool, refreshing, Choca-Cola?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Why

Why does this setting have Assassin's Creed games, it doesn't even have a middle east or Italy or any of the other places AC was set

At 14 minutes Gladiolus walks off screen but doesn't actually make it off the screen and just kind of flips out in the corner

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Putting the rear end in assassin.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I know I bitch a lot about how bad this game is, but it's really bad. Mike's drunken incompetent nonsense was amusing compared to this garbage dlc. What has square come to.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wine Cube has caused a very Tales of Symphonia vibe, and I'm way into it :allears:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I don't know what I'm looking at anymore.... :stare:

The writing of this game is very Japan-trying-to-be-Hollywood. And I don't remember Noct being anywhere near as excited about anything until someone started talking about Assassin's Creed. Being on the run from the Empire? Eh. :geno: Ubisoft gam-- OH MY GOD!!!

A story mission needs to be done ASAP btw before someone drinks themself to death.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I'm of the opinion that the game looks alright, as long as you keep a decent pace and don't bother doing all the sidequests. But this DLC, my god, this really does suck. They couldn't finish developing the main game but still felt something like this crap was necessary?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
How does this even exist :psyduck:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Real glad I decided to play through this after Type-D Regalia update and before this poo poo, honestly I just want a monster truck with jumping abilities in all open world games. But then there would be no reason to play this game anymore.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I remember being so excited for this when it was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII. But this, eh...It can't get any worse than the random rear end MMO expansion meant to cover a serious story segment that was glossed over the in the main game where you play as a bunch of faceless characters doing jobs for the various NPCs instead of the main cast.

gently caress Tabata. Apparently the guy played the game himself for the first time not too long ago and said he was surprised at how disjointed it was.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm sorry, but I can't finish this video.

It's just too embarrassing.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
There was one thing in this episode that made me happy because it reminded me of this;

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best part was Bandunk diving into a dumpster, and the ghost that shows where you were last seen was him diving into the dumpster :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I wouldn't have much of a problem with characters gushing about poo poo they like if literally anyone else was allowed to dissent. The entire time I was thinking "ok this is where Ignus should say 'Assassin's Creed is garbage and this is why'". But moneys on the line so everyone just accepts that Assassin's Creed is the best game in the universe and Cup Noodles should be served in fancy restaurants

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Nihilarian posted:

I wouldn't have much of a problem with characters gushing about poo poo they like if literally anyone else was allowed to dissent. The entire time I was thinking "ok this is where Ignus should say 'Assassin's Creed is garbage and this is why'". But moneys on the line so everyone just accepts that Assassin's Creed is the best game in the universe and Cup Noodles should be served in fancy restaurants

I wouldn't mind if anyone, anywhere, cared about anything half as much as Noctus (apparently) loves Assassin's Creed. The closest we've gotten is meatman and his sudden cup noodle fetish, and i guess everyone and that cellphone game?

Oh, and that kid and the cactaurs.

That being said, while this looks absolutely awful and I'd hate to play it, it's 100% wonderful to experience secondhand like this. Come to think of it, wasn't Bandunk also driving the last time you had a stealth section? That went well, so I have high hopes for this, a game that thinks a popup indicator that looks a lot like the triangle button is a good thing to pop up when you need to press x.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Bethamphetamine posted:

Of course not. It was also a vehicle for licensed merchandise.

A limited collection of the guys' black leather outfits were produced by some japanese designer.
Audi produced a custom regalia (yours for only $470,000).

And here I am contemplating buying a Killer Queen tie

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So this is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Prompto's Japanese voice actor really captures how insufferable the character is. :stare:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
That generic-rear end sword is meant to be his signature weapon?

Hell, why does he even have a "signature weapon." Dude can loving summon weapons and teleport and poo poo.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I never noticed Noctis' shirt was assortments of skull and cross bones till now. Gotta appreciate over designed character outfits with only one color.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Why. Why?

I'm trying to understand this decision... Like, I was under the impression that Bandai Namco doesn't really need financial or advertising help right now, and a crossover like this would probably be funded entirely by Square Enix, right? Shouldn't they be cutting their losses on this FFXV poo poo by now? Why are they doubling down??

Dunno about you guys, but I'm holding out for Noctis' cameo in the next Mario Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Maybe they're betting on whatever cut Bandai gives them to recoup. Or upper management is just being idiots, which is equally possible considering their development cycle since XIII.

• Locked thread