Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the guardian keystone was pretty good for taric in my one game of testing since he can proc it easily at range on the target he wants to shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Most useless runes right now are Unsealed Spellbook and Hextech Flash and Minion Dematerializer

Futures Market is pretty useless too

Most runes that assume you suck like the ones I’ve just listed are bad

I think Hexflash has the potential to see some clever uses, but Unsealed Spellbook's got such niche edge cases where it's good that I think it'll take some legit brain genius mid to unlock any potential it's got, like securing an early kill with Ignite, swapping to Heal, and exerting huge lane dominance or something.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I was thinking that the -25% cooldown passive on all summoners might be enough to make it worthwhile with just a little bit of fringe value from things between swapping out ignite, swapping in smite to help contest dragons or barons later on, etc.

But I'm pretty bad at the league of legends.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JerryLee posted:

I was thinking that the -25% cooldown passive on all summoners might be enough to make it worthwhile with just a little bit of fringe value from things between swapping out ignite, swapping in smite to help contest dragons or barons later on, etc.

But I'm pretty bad at the league of legends.

I mean, -25% summoner cooldown ain't bad, and Inspiration primary sets gain a small base stat boost compared to other primary sets, but you're still missing out on a bunch of lane power by going it. I think it's gonna be almost exclusively for people who time summoners to the second and relentlessly exploit their small timing leads against their enemy laner.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

the guardian keystone was pretty good for taric in my one game of testing since he can proc it easily at range on the target he wants to shield

I tried it on Rakan but it was just popping on cooldown with not much actual effect on play, going to try the Leona one instead (aftershock?)

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Going apeshit on cdr reduction makes Vi's ult up pretty much constantly at lvl 2.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VodeAndreas posted:

I tried it on Rakan but it was just popping on cooldown with not much actual effect on play, going to try the Leona one instead (aftershock?)

That’s Rakan’s Best keystone because it gives him another E for free basically. Stop right click your ADC lol

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The aftershock keystone has a 2.5s detonation timer, actually getting it to land with rakan could lead to some bad trades if you're not careful

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I figured I'll try it as much for the resists as the damage.

Haven't really played enough with any of them yet to form any final opinions - everything is up in the air at the moment.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the ultimate nut

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Lovechop posted:

friends pls tell me how to build the following dudes;

twitch
mf
sivir

thank

MF is dark harvest, twitch is probably lethal tempo, sivir probably press the attack

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

I don't see myself actually coming back to the game. I'm at a point where a long laning phase bores the hell out of me (and this is coming from someone who used to play top-lane frequently). All that RP will be funbucks that shall never provide fun.

You could spend the RP to unlock things for other people if you wanted with the gifting center. So it can still provide fun, just for someone else.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 9, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

el dingo posted:

The aftershock keystone has a 2.5s detonation timer, actually getting it to land with rakan could lead to some bad trades if you're not careful

Yeah I’m talking about Guardian being his best, not aftershock. Aftershock is only good on like, Leona/Maokai/Braum?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

blah_blah posted:

MF is dark harvest, twitch is probably lethal tempo, sivir probably press the attack

Twitch is 1000000000000000% lethal tempo

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

blah_blah posted:

MF is dark harvest,

Isn't it just a slight bonus to damage on your next attack after every cannon wave?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

The Mash posted:

Isn't it just a slight bonus to damage on your next attack after every cannon wave?
Sort of? The stacking and damage proc parts are separate, so by late game it does quite a bit.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Killed By Death posted:

Sort of? The stacking and damage proc parts are separate, so by late game it does quite a bit.
Damage is pretty comparable to Electrocute if you're sitting in lane. For what it's worth:

Electrocute: 50-220(+0.50 bonus AD, +03 AP), 50-25 sec CD. Electrocute gets ~10 damage per level naturally.

Dark Harvest: 40-80 (+0.25 bonus AD, +0.2 AP) + Souls (4 Souls per Cannon Wave, 6 Souls per kill). No CD (need to kill stuff to charge, charges don't last long until you get tons of stacks). Gets about ~2 damage per level naturally.

As far as early game damage goes, you're probably actually better off in lane with Electrocute since it scales better, and has naturally higher base damage that isn't dependent on you killing specific minions and/or getting kills (which means you're ahead anyways).

P.S. Just crushed a Renekton's dreams with Tahm Kench. The huge chunk of bonus starting HP and Grasp/Overgrowth make him much more formidable in top-lane, and his early game damage is respectable for sure. The inspiration get movespeed towards a dude you slow also means landing a single Tongue Lash can result in a crazy favorable trade for you (you will almost certainly get to W). The abundance of AD heavy comps that still plagues solo-Q also favors him.

Also Magical Boots are great.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 9, 2017

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
What are people running on mage supports? I played a lot of Vel'koz Morgana Brand and Karma before this patch and I'm not really sure what they want out of the new runes.

Morg at least I know she can proc the meteor keystone all the time since her pool counts every tick on every champ in it toward the cooldown, and the stopwatch feels like a must take since she's always loved Zhonya's anyway, but other than that I don't really know what's good on her.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
what junglers are good now because my go toos feel really bad

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Damage junglers. Kayn seems good.
Hecarim is good. Udyr is permabanned status for me at least.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I can't fathom a world where Udyr is suddenly OP.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm pretty sure he's good now but two games of him dominating was enough for me to just ban it.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is duskblade rush Ivern secretly good? :smuggo:

I'm starting a smurf to check the new levelling experience,
brainstorming summoner names I tried a bunch of "SkinName ChampName" name-combos,

Headhunter Ivern - free on both NA and EU

(Also free on EUW:
Battle Boss Lulu
Battle Bunny Zac
Battlecast Nami
DJ Urgot
Headhunter Zoe
Pentakill Ivern
Pool Party Brand
Project Amumu
Pulsefire Sona)

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 9, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I tried Dark Harvest Ivern but unfortunately while the headhunter passive from dirk procs on rescuing jungle creeps, rescued jungle creeps do not drop souls. :(

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Damage junglers. Kayn seems good.
Hecarim is good. Udyr is permabanned status for me at least.

Builds?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Check runeforge.gg

Maybe not ideal builds but if you have no idea where to start it will work

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Emery posted:

What are people running on mage supports? I played a lot of Vel'koz Morgana Brand and Karma before this patch and I'm not really sure what they want out of the new runes.

Morg at least I know she can proc the meteor keystone all the time since her pool counts every tick on every champ in it toward the cooldown, and the stopwatch feels like a must take since she's always loved Zhonya's anyway, but other than that I don't really know what's good on her.

Summon Aery is the best default rune, especially for champs like Brand who can't reliably combo in lane to land Electrocute.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I got Master Arcanist Ziggs for free! I had thought about buying that skin at some point so huzzah. Summon Aery looks cool in-game, too.

I do like the new system at least 2 games in. Obviously there will be optimal builds at some point, but I like that it has fewer but more meaningful choices. Less overall out of game stress.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If you want an ADC to abuse, Kalista is apparently even more broken than before, because she procs Sudden Impact on every single passive leap she does. :pwn:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It has a 4 second cooldown

Or maybe it’s active for 4 and has a 10 secondcoolown
🤔

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I followed runeforge.gg on Miss Fortune and took Arcane Comet and the rest. Landing a doubleup and having the comet fly across the screen is very satisfying. A+ masteries or whatever we're supposed to call them now. Went 8/1/7 but that was mostly because my Mao support was on point 100% of the time.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oh, hey, something I didn't know: Kleptomancy actually gives you a bonus 25 range on your next basic attack when it procs.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Vermain posted:

Oh, hey, something I didn't know: Kleptomancy actually gives you a bonus 25 range on your next basic attack when it procs.

Hello?

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape
Klepto Sona made this game fun again.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

It has a 4 second cooldown

Or maybe it’s active for 4 and has a 10 secondcoolown
🤔

i mean either way its still pretty good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

treerat posted:

Klepto Sona made this game fun again.

Okay this sounds legit very good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
i played one game last night where I got 100-0ed at level four by a talon combo and I was like oh ok that's what the game is now

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I also tried arcane comet MF. It ain't bad but there's probably something better. In any case she makes very good use out of the rest of sorcery so it'd be a p good secondary tree

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The free stopwatch seems like the best minor rune to take if you at all plan on building zhonya, gargoyle or GA for a 600g discount on the purchase and a one time use hourglass effect, the 15% cooldown reduction is just a bonus.

Only downside is the inventory space it takes up if your not upgrading it second or third in your build, but a 600g discount -or- selling it at 6 minutes for 120g is a lot better then a lot of other choices available.

What are the champs who used to take deathfire over thunderlords going with now? doesn't seem to be a obvious fit for them anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

el dingo posted:

I also tried arcane comet MF. It ain't bad but there's probably something better. In any case she makes very good use out of the rest of sorcery so it'd be a p good secondary tree

Comet MF really pushes that Lethality style of setting up for mad sick Double Ups that 100 - 0 an ADC. The Ultimate Hat really shines with her ultimate as well. I'm just at a loss of what secondary tree to plop in that. Precision seems... Fine to shore up her attspd just a lil higher.

• Locked thread