Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zogo posted:

I'm intrigued by this current Bulls culture. One wonders how this scenario would've played out had Niko been in a coma during the last month.

Nick Friedell is reporting that the Bulls have gotten in touch with a medium to speak with Niko, and had him relay Portis' apology. And I can now report that Niko has confirmed it was all his fault and he should be apologizing to Portis for his face getting in the way.

Also Niko has nothing but praise for dear leaders GarPax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

He can pass extremely well. People joke that he might be the next Kendall Marshall but Lonzo passes way better than that.

Kendall Marshall can run the pick and roll, and by the time D'Antoni was done with him he was pretty all right at running an offense for a guy who by that point had no knees (although, see: him desroying Lonzo off the dribble during this summer league). So yeah while Lonzo makes awesome passes on the break (although, unsurprisingly the league has stuffed the Lakers ability to run the break), and can hit cutters in during broken plays really well, he can't run an offense and like all of his pick and rolls are with Brook Lopez, who is one of the better pick and roll players in the league right now, but can't do it with anyone else.

So yeah technically Marshall's passes are less pretty but are a lot more useful.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spacebump posted:

He can pass extremely well. People joke that he might be the next Kendall Marshall but Lonzo passes way better than that. I don't think he is a bust yet, he just isn't a number one option. It's probably hard to be a rookie with bad shoot form that has a LaVar Ball sized target on his back. It might even get worse while LiAngelo is stuck in China.

I was uh, talking about Derrick Favors. Like the guy I quoted who was also talking about Derrick Favors. Who I guess is also a no. 2 pick who had trouble living up to expectations.

e: no. 3 pick, whoops.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 9, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CRISPYBABY posted:

I was uh, talking about Derrick Favors. Like the guy I quoted who was also talking about Derrick Favors. Who I guess is also a no. 2 pick who had trouble living up to expectations.

lol, my bad. The Lonzo post above that must have bled into that and was still thinking about the Lakers game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Kv4rBJi68

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Tbh I'm mostly just kinda amused by the mental picture of Lonzo and Derrick Favors having similar games.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks Giannis’s arms look like they grow a foot longer when he dunks?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

A new day, a new Lonzo box score to lmbo @

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's crazy that not one of his friends or family looked at that suit and said "That looks ridiculous, Melo."

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No one is telling the one millionaire in the family, or in the circle of friends, that he looks like an idiot.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Chairchucker posted:

No one is telling the one millionaire in the family, or in the circle of friends, that he looks like an idiot.

he needs some goon brothers to give him noogies like jokic

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I like that people keep on bringing up Kendall Marshall in a way that’s like “look at Kendall Marshall, Lonzo is so much better than that!” But when you look at it Kendall marshall was waaaaay better as a rookie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm just enjoying that the go to comp has been Kendall Marshall

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

For anyone that didn't stay up to watch it, here is a short summary of the Wolves/Warriors game last night.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Chairchucker posted:

Just wait till he gets a hooker pregnant.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

my two favorite things have merged

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Is there a new season out??

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Yup. Symbolic detention and there will be a big chunk of $ moved from one place to another.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/928637646007660545

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

For anyone that didn't stay up to watch it, here is a short summary of the Wolves/Warriors game last night.
First half was a-okay but we couldn't get any 3s to drop. 5-24 is suuuuper not good. Not too worried about the loss since it's dubs in Oakland, still not entirely sure why our starters were playing garbage time.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

NBA camera-people are top class

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Clint Capela and Steven Adams have been really loving good this year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yup. Symbolic detention and there will be a big chunk of $ moved from one place to another.

So they miss the game?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a very New England collection of people

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

scuz posted:

still not entirely sure why our starters were playing garbage time.

Are you new to thibs

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Henchman of Santa posted:

11 games is a better sample size than one game. I don’t expect him to shoot in the high 70s all year but his form should keep him well above his career average and enough to discourage hacking
I'll be honest, I saw that comparison video of last year and this year and yes there's a nice tweak he made that's evident, but it still looked kind of ugly to me. Also I agree with Dejan on the timing of this slump coming right after the hype pieces being notable. Anyway another interesting thing about Drummond is, Embiid's claims to the contrary, his defensive numbers are really good this year

Eratik posted:

but we barely got to finish pretending blake griffin was in the discussion
It's already been decided that the MVP is Giannis.

DeimosRising posted:

Ben Simmons is the most exciting poo poo in the NBA and he can't shoot a bottle taped to his forehead. this is Shaq as a rookie..
The tackle/shove after the block in the very first highlight is :discourse:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 9, 2017

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Paul Zuvella posted:

So they miss the game?

Yeah, they definitely aren't playing in the game. They are on hotel arrest in Hangzhou while the game is in Shanghai which google maps tells me is like 100 miles apart

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Put em in a Chinese Holiday Inn

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Well it could've gone a lot worse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

Well it could've gone a lot worse.

a looooot

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lavar Ball saying "I ain't paying five dollars for one bullet"

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That kids reaction time from "holy poo poo, I'm on camera" to *yanks up shirt over boy tits* is pretty impressive.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheBSLine/status/928621074069245952

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

I like how his choice of shoes looks like he is wearing black flip-flops and white socks. It just fits.

Otep
Mar 22, 2003
SEVAS TRA

RCarr posted:

It's crazy that not one of his friends or family looked at that suit and said "That looks ridiculous, Melo."

I don't think it's ridiculous, that's just how fashion was back in the day.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
fashion of the past, ridiculous? neverr

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I think a missed game here and there will help Kristaps Porzingis' MVP campaign as it becomes clear what a terrible team they are without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carmelo Anthony, Paul George, and Russell Westbrook have all scored 201 points through 10 games.

• Locked thread