Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You guys weren't kidding about that Pyrrhon album, hot fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

Varg posted:

I am discovering more 2017 albums and this fuckin rips https://cemetery-urn.bandcamp.com/

one of the coolest things a band can do is sell their album for $6.66.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

david crosby posted:

I'm pretty sure this is basically every single purchase I make on bandcamp.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
saw goblin last night and they ruled.

i don't know what thread to talk about goblin in, so i just picked this one

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

david crosby posted:

It's a reasonable price for an album and makes sense thematically. Though I don't quite understand how these black metal bands have many sales when all their stuff goes for $14.88

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kilometers Davis posted:

All of this: yessss

I like CC a lot more than I realize. Maybe I’m so bogged down in the bad death metal of the 2010s. They’re a refreshing band.

To be fair their new album is their best for a while, i'm really digging it

Also I love the intro to I Cum Blood Corpsegrinder does live. "THIS NEXT SONG IS A LOVE SONG. IT'S A SONG ABOUT SHOOTING BLOOD, FROM YOUR COCK"

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Giving Portal of I another spin today. It's a really good album by Ne Obliviscaris.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

Giving Portal of I another spin today. It's a really good album by Ne Obliviscaris.

Their first two albums are fantastic. The new one is a slight step down, but I’m probably gonna go see them next week anyway. I think their bassist was a big part of the songwriting and he got himself kicked out for being a piece of poo poo.

Also, a trans woman who fronts a thrash metal band won a house seat in Virginia last night. They sound kind of like Municipal Waste started loving with HM-2 pedals.
https://cabridehome.bandcamp.com/

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Oh I never knew the story of why he left. He had some really good bass lines though, that's too bad.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
very few bass players are any good/memorable

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

:thunk:

You mean the ones that aren't drunk or unplugged during the set?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

What is this, the black metal thread?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

You'd better hope none of the guys from Necromantia ever see this post!!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Al Cisneros would like to have a word with you

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Going to have to disagree, in metal especially there are a ton of great bassists.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Steve DiGiorno

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Faffel posted:

Steve DiGiorno

Was just listening to Individual Thought Patterns

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The crazy Brazilian dude from Hibria is pretty good too.

Also Myung, et al.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

My first draft of my top ten of the year:

10. Altarage - Endinghent
9. Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black
8. Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing
7. Decapitated - Anticult
6. The Black Dahlia Murder - Nightbringers
5. Vassafor - Malediction
4. Dyscarnate - With All Their Might
3. Dying Fetus - Wrong One To gently caress With
2. Immolation - Atonement
1. Temple of Void - Lords of Death

Honorable EP mention: Terror Chamber - Terror Chamber

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
I didn't know I had an itch of rising force era Yngwie, with some Axel Rudi Pell and a bit of Helstar thrown it but it sure feels good to scratch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjHZflJOfj0

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Faffel posted:

Steve DiGiorno

But enough about pizza

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

saviro posted:

I didn't know I had an itch of rising force era Yngwie, with some Axel Rudi Pell and a bit of Helstar thrown it but it sure feels good to scratch it.

Really liking this a lot

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I bought the Cemetery Urn shirt.

I am thirty years old.

e: holy poo poo this album loving slays

e2: Grindcore and grindcore-derived genres have the best band names and song/album titles. New this year, from Taiwan, I give you Fatuous Rump.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 9, 2017

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I'm still kind of mad at cemetery urn for cancelling some shows they were supposed to play here a while ago, leaving only mediocre bands on the bill.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's a reasonable price for an album and makes sense thematically. Though I don't quite understand how these black metal bands have many sales when all their stuff goes for $14.88

https://massgravecrust.bandcamp.com/
https://skunkcrust.bandcamp.com/album/restricted-rights-split-7-coming-2016
:getin:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ross dolan is the best metal bass player

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

ross dolan is the best metal bass player

Just got home from Immolation. Ross is the Dio of bass. They played an extended set tonight because they decided to come to Minneapolis without the other touring bands so they basically played Atonement in its entirety.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I saw Immolation a week ago off-tour and they were incredible. I've seen them many times before, but this was in a tiny venue, with a long set. I have never seen a band look like a video on fast-forward in real life before.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Saturday the 18th, Couch Slut, Woe, and Nails are at The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn, and I feel like you're a real boner if you live there and don't try to get tickets.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

saviro posted:

You're doing the beasts work in reminding this thread of Helstar. Everyone here who hasn't should go give Nosferatu a spin!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Saw Igorrr last night, it was a great show. He's found a cool niche by having a live drummer and two very weird vocalists whilst he does his eletronic stuff. The woman vocalist was super weird, spinning and dancing around to breakbeats whilst the other one was screaming his head off covered in warpaint or some poo poo. Really heavy moments in the music with glitching and cool stuff. Didn't get boring.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If nobody has checked out Cab Ride Home in the wake of Danica Roem's defeat of human garbage fire Bob "Virginia's Chief Homophobe" Marshall, do so.

Holy gently caress they're good.

https://twitter.com/chunk_widebody/status/928101366341529600

Since when are politicians allowed to be this loving cool :black101:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Anybody ever been to Hellfest in France? Was wondering what I can expect from a goonpoint of view compared to say Wacken or Graspop

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Tias posted:

You're doing the beasts work in reminding this thread of Helstar. Everyone here who hasn't should go give Nosferatu a spin!

on it

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

lol guys I was looking up amon amarth covers the other day while hyping before going to see thor3 and I stumbled on this absolute masterpiece

free cookie for whoever can spin it for more than 3 consecutive seconds after the vocals kick in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uBgxgsRQXA

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If nobody has checked out Cab Ride Home in the wake of Danica Roem's defeat of human garbage fire Bob "Virginia's Chief Homophobe" Marshall, do so.

I can't parse this sentence I'm afraid

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I actually like the vocals :shobon:

way too much loving synth though

A human heart posted:

I can't parse this sentence I'm afraid

Robert G. Marshall is a former member of the Virginia House of Delegates representing Virginia's 13th District from 1992 until yesterday. 25 years. He is a virulent bigot who gained some national notoriety for authoring the infamous "transgender bathroom bill" in January of this year and has referred to himself as "Virginia's chief homophobe". So he's an unrepentant shithead.

He lost yesterday's election to Danica Roem, an openly transgender woman (pictured in my previous post) who fronts the thrash metal band Cab Ride Home (bandcamp).

The silliest part of all of this is Marshall and his supporters pearl-clutching about the scary metal music like it's 1983.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 9, 2017

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hahaha not judging :P can't argue with personal taste but it seemed hilarious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
First new Bloodshot Dawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqUAbOkvKGw