Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

goose willis posted:

I'm OK with Slaanesh being all about drugs and excess and guys on fire riding motorcycles and basically just being a massive homage to 80s hair metal music videos

The problem is that Games Workshop fluff writers have about as much subtlety as a hydrogen bomb and cannot be trusted to even make a remote reference to lust or desire in any way shape or form

Honestly, Slaaneshii being somewhere between GWAR and Cenobites could be really cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Liquid Communism posted:

Honestly, Slaaneshii being somewhere between GWAR and Cenobites could be really cool and good.

Deldar have the Cenobites covered, I was thinking somewhere between GWAR and Rifts Juicers, which I guess is actually just Ninja Turtles villains.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Can you imagine how rad Slaanesh marines would be if they were all dressed up like GWAR

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Booley posted:

Yes, do you play there?

I don’t often play there, but I shop there and I know the store owner. I tend to play at Mox.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

GreenMarine posted:

I don’t often play there, but I shop there and I know the store owner. I tend to play at Mox.

Ballard or Bellevue? I usually play in Bellevue.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Booley posted:

Ballard or Bellevue? I usually play in Bellevue.

Yeah, Bellevue. PM me and we could play a game of something some time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

goose willis posted:

Can you imagine how rad Slaanesh marines would be if they were all dressed up like GWAR

Something with the level of quality the new Plague Marines have, in that theme? Instant seller.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
https://youtu.be/VXz5e0JItvY

:allears:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

chutche2 posted:

Quick question: Say I have a devastator squad with 3 lascannons and a missile launcher, they all shoot at a flyer to try and bring it down. I roll the lascannons first, then the missile. Flakk missiles say that just before the model attacks you use the stratagem, does that mean I have to use it when I declare all the shooting or just before I actually roll the shot, letting me not spend the CP if I kill it with the lascannons? And is it worth trying for the mortal wounds instead of just having a fourth lascannon?

RAW I think you can roll the lascannons first, see if that kills it, then decide whether or not to spend the CP. The stratagem just says "before you make an attack with a missile launcher." If I was going to FAQ it I'd say you have to decide whether or not to use it when you declare targets, but before you roll to hit, but that's not what the rule says right now.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
I'm inclined to think the CP has to be paid before any shots are made, since the whole squad shoots at the same time, and targets have to be declared before you get results from one weapon type to the next.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Loving all the Slaanesh chat, I always thought it was pretty limited when people just focused on the sex part.

But metal? gently caress that, their drugs are awful. Slaanesh is all about dance music :v:

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

You might want to swap out the havocs for obliterators and use endless cacophony on them. It'll save you 30 points, plus the 10 left you have to spend elsewhere. I completely flattened an entire squad of eldar bikes in one volley. And they can deep strike. It all depends on your play style of course.

Run that sorc as deep strike support for your other units. Delightful Agonies and warptime are a fun combo that gives heretic astartes infantry a 5+ fnp and a 2nd movement. Even prescience on your ranged units would be good.

Maybe consider possessed? I love those boys. I beef them up with Fabulous Bill, jump them in a rhino to get them up field, then let them go bananas in melee. Have them run with an exalted champ and a dark apostle and get your rerolls on hits and wounds, plus the delightful Agonies fnp, and any extra attacks on a 5+ if you are fighting imperium with the icon of excess. :unsmigghh:

It seems like a solid list regardless.

Oooh, this is useful, thanks. I was trying to organise a list from all the bits of Chaos I have lying around, but I also have some Possessed and DV Chosen I could convert.

Are Obliterators good enough anti-tank? I was relying on the Havocs and Lasbrute to take on armour, and drop Endless Cacophony on the Sonic Dreadnought. Although I've just realised Fire Frenzy goes on the Dreadnought and Endless Cacophony on infantry.

Love your EC models/scheme too!

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Uroboros posted:

Same question but with Calgar.

I thought about trying to convert a Gravis Captain into a new Calgar by chopping off the sword army, and replacing it with an Aggressor arm.

I had fun using his finecast kit + Gravis -

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Harkano posted:

That looks really cool. I just have OG midget Calgar.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

The best thing about that video is that they released it a day after someone said "make me a video that proves why I should buy your paint pot." :v:

The community team sure move fast!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I use an old jam jar, that is far too wide to be comfortable in hand. So if I try to take a sip, it immediately feels wrong.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Xarlaxas posted:

The best thing about that video is that they released it a day after someone said "make me a video that proves why I should buy your paint pot." :v:

The community team sure move fast!

GW being funny + good at community engagement on the internet is mindblowing.

Attestant posted:

I use an old jam jar, that is far too wide to be comfortable in hand. So if I try to take a sip, it immediately feels wrong.

I have a mug from an out of business gaming shop which has been my faithful paintfriend for years. I don't drink tea or coffee so I'm usually safe from drinking from it, but my cat loves to stick his little face in it and try and drink the paint water.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Harkano posted:

Oh nice, this looks like it turned out pretty well. Might give it a try in the future.

Calgar plus Inceptors might be a nice combination.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Harkano posted:

This owns and I'm definitely stealing it for my spare gravis captain.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I have my paint water in a mug the exact same size and shape as my other coffee mugs, and I've only taken a sip of paint water twice this year. :smug:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

glitchkrieg posted:

Loving all the Slaanesh chat, I always thought it was pretty limited when people just focused on the sex part.

But metal? gently caress that, their drugs are awful. Slaanesh is all about dance music :v:

Oooh, this is useful, thanks. I was trying to organise a list from all the bits of Chaos I have lying around, but I also have some Possessed and DV Chosen I could convert.

Are Obliterators good enough anti-tank? I was relying on the Havocs and Lasbrute to take on armour, and drop Endless Cacophony on the Sonic Dreadnought. Although I've just realised Fire Frenzy goes on the Dreadnought and Endless Cacophony on infantry.

Love your EC models/scheme too!

I mean the fleshmetal guns are 24" range assault 4 S6+D3 AP-D3 D3 damage. The minimum of S7 will hit rhinos on 4s, with 12 shots assuming they all hit. Not including rerolls and not including Endless Cacophony there is a good chance you can pop one with one round of shooting. The D3 damage is rolled before you roll damage, (along with the strength and AP) so it's static damage. Stuff with higher AP might be better, but these guys are stupid good at killing stuff, especially in an Emperor's Children army.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Slaanesh walking up the stairs, saying goodnight, and never being seen again would suck for more than just Emperor's Children. The Aeldari lose their eternal nemesis and reason for their stoic asceticism, Ynnari no longer needs to create Ynnead to murder him, Drukhari no longer need to feed him suffering to survive and lose their taboo against psykers since the threat they posed is gone. Slaanesh is a hugely important entity in the fluff even if he's the red headed stepchild of the Chaos Gods.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Slaanesh should just be a giant crazy carnival of the 7 deadly sins, elegant and grotesque. Fine blood-splattered silk robes and exquisite jewelry covering some beautiful bodies as well as super fat ones too. Just a huge mashup of every type of excess.

Also GWAR because gently caress yes

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Geoff Zahn posted:

Slaanesh should just be a giant crazy carnival of the 7 deadly sins
Woop woop

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Being unable to conceive of any framework in which to protray excess and decadence without just having bitches with they titties out is the saddest thing.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Groetgaffel posted:

I have my paint water in a mug the exact same size and shape as my other coffee mugs, and I've only taken a sip of paint water twice this year. :smug:

I have less of a problem with accidentally drinking from my paintwater than I do with reflexively washing my brush in whatever full drink is nearest to me at the time.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Forget Slaanesh. I demand the great horned rat.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Deified Data posted:

Slaanesh walking up the stairs, saying goodnight, and never being seen again would suck for more than just Emperor's Children. The Aeldari lose their eternal nemesis and reason for their stoic asceticism, Ynnari no longer needs to create Ynnead to murder him, Drukhari no longer need to feed him suffering to survive and lose their taboo against psykers since the threat they posed is gone. Slaanesh is a hugely important entity in the fluff even if he's the red headed stepchild of the Chaos Gods.

This is a good point. The just printed Codex Craftworlds would be weird without Slannesh.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

I'd be down for Space Skaven. I bet there could be some really fun models for a crazy army like that.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Where did they hint about revealing Slaanesh’s fate, anyway?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My favorite representation of Slaanesh was that gore painting someone recounted a while back. I don't remember the specifics, but it was some noble lady that was murdering people then using their flesh and blood to paint an absolutely gorgeous and terrifying painting.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Zuul the Cat posted:

My favorite representation of Slaanesh was that gore painting someone recounted a while back. I don't remember the specifics, but it was some noble lady that was murdering people then using their flesh and blood to paint an absolutely gorgeous and terrifying painting.

This is in the book Fulgrim.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Master Twig posted:

Also down as gently caress with this. Warpflame powered vehicles, ratknights...

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

glitchkrieg posted:

Are Obliterators good enough anti-tank?!

Obliterators are the most threatening unit to my Ynnari. If I get first turn, they start in deepstrike so I can't shoot them off the table with dark reapers. If I don't go first, they drop down with Abbadon somewhere outside of my guardian/ranger bubble and shoot twice at the wave serpent sheltering my dark reapers and psykers. One time my wave serpent got instagibbed and I rolled a 1 for both the farseer and Yvraine (having already used a command point to try and save the serpent) and I was pretty salty.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TWSS posted:

Obliterators are the most threatening unit to my Ynnari. If I get first turn, they start in deepstrike so I can't shoot them off the table with dark reapers. If I don't go first, they drop down with Abbadon somewhere outside of my guardian/ranger bubble and shoot twice at the wave serpent sheltering my dark reapers and psykers. One time my wave serpent got instagibbed and I rolled a 1 for both the farseer and Yvraine (having already used a command point to try and save the serpent) and I was pretty salty.

Pretty sure ya done goofed there, its your choice who dies when getting out of a destroyed transport, unless it was literally just the farseer and yvraine.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know that transports can have multiple units in them now, but do they allow mixed-armor? Could I drop 5 Assault Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader with a power-armored Chaplain, a Terminator Captain and a Terminator Librarian?

Not saying I will. Just trying to figure out what's best to take with my Deathwatch.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I know that transports can have multiple units in them now, but do they allow mixed-armor? Could I drop 5 Assault Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader with a power-armored Chaplain, a Terminator Captain and a Terminator Librarian?

Not saying I will. Just trying to figure out what's best to take with my Deathwatch.

Armour just affects how much space they take up.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

PantsOptional posted:

Where did they hint about revealing Slaanesh’s fate, anyway?

Gav Thorpe did a reddit ama last week, someone asked about slaanesh, and another replied that GW mentioned at NOVAcon their fate being revealed next year.

So it's reddit based hearsay, but an interesting discussion none the less :v:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cool, that's what I thought.

Also, Assault Terminators look rad with Deathwatch Stormshields.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Artum posted:

Pretty sure ya done goofed there, its your choice who dies when getting out of a destroyed transport, unless it was literally just the farseer and yvraine.

I just started playing 40k in July after lusting after eldar models since the late 1990s, so I tend to believe my opponent when they tell me how rules work. I rolled a die for each model and I did the psykers last and rolled snake eyes. Now that you've told me and I've confirmed it in the rulebook I definitely could have just assigned those 1s to two dark reapers. Lesson learned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I skipped a few pages because goddamn this thread moves fast but the chapter approved stratagems and warlord trait for sisters - those are really not encouraging. And I'm not sure what I'd do with that relic.

Oh well, I don't know what I was expecting.

e: Actually, question, I was assuming "Martyrdom" was garbage, but can the character that dies use the free act of faith to heal itself? I assume not?

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 9, 2017