Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Right, like the helicopter carriers. My point was more about people who get terrified about Abe revising Article 9, which he should. I think Japan should have offensive weapons.

It's not like if the SDF became the Japanese Army, they'd suddenly start beheading Chinese people and raping Korean women.

Edit: efb on the the totally not an aircraft carrier.

wouldn't an archipelago island nation have a lot of use for sea/airlift capability if only for defense anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Woops forgot how many pages back I was quoting from.

e:

Wasn't god's army a faction in the Illuminatus trilogy?

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 9, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/928588607861821440

I hate it when that happens.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Obama autographing his book after reporting for jury duty.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/928627833185931264

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
:munch:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We really need an :ohdear: + :munch: emote.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

We really are about to see a regional war break out, aren't we?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

You mean 'another'

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

"Break out" hahaha you mean expand

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Can't wait until this pack of George Zimmermans kills someone

Also, real question, is crime that much of a thing in North Phoenix? I don't know much about the area

shyduck fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 9, 2017

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

psydude posted:

Who is counting these days?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

shyduck posted:

Can't wait until this pack of George Zimmermans kills someone

Also, real question, is crime that much of a thing in North Phoenix? I don't know much about the area

Probably less of a crime problem then it is for an excuse to patrol hispanic neighborhoods and poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lou Takki posted:

Who is counting these days?

If they go up against Hezbollah in Lebanon, Israel is going to want in with our without the Saudi's approval, and Iran is likely to go balls deep as well.

Its gonna make Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria look like a party.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We really need an :ohdear: + :munch: emote.

:suspense: fills most of that, I think.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

America: Hey look we love sticking our dicks in wasps nests
Israel: HOLD MY MANISCHEWITZ WINE GOYIM

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/928649989693329409

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Saudi Arabia thing is loving Tom Clancy levels crazy. They invite the prime minister of Lebanon over for a meeting, he “resigns” as prime minister at the meeting, and directly after they declare that Lebanon has declared war on them. That prime minister, by the way, is still stuck in Saudi Arabia and is not being allowed to leave. Then they gas light Iran, who took the bait and is now saying they support the Yemen ballistic missile firing into Saudi’s capitol, and reports are saying hezbollah is amassing the majority of its troops in Lebanon in expectation of an invasion.

poo poo is lit yo.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Saudi Arabia thing is loving Tom Clancy levels crazy. They invite the prime minister of Lebanon over for a meeting, he “resigns” as prime minister at the meeting, and then they declare that Lebanon has declared ware on them. That prime minister is still stuck in Saudi Arabia and is not being allowed to leave. Then they gas light Iran, who took the bait and is now saying they support the Yemen ballistic missile firing into Saudi’s capitol, and reports are saying hezbollah is amassing the majority of its troops in Lebanon in expectation of an invasion.

poo poo is lit yo.

Oh dear. :ohdear:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah this could get really serious really fast.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
An Iranian separatist leader was just assassinated two blocks from my friend's hotel in The Hague.

https://nltimes.nl/2017/11/09/iranian-separatist-leader-killed-hague-reports

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

They can't even take over a nation on their own border how are they gonna project to Lebanon.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

They can't even take over a nation on their own border how are they gonna project to Lebanon.

By invading/seizing everything valuable in Yemen, Bahrain, and Qatar. Bombing the rest and killing most of the civilians. Lebanon/Iran left them no choice you see.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Realistically the corridor from Saudi Arabia through the edges of Jordan, Iraq, and Syria are already shitholes so either of those three protesting Saudi armies and Air Force tracing through their "sovereign" territories is the best you're going to get. Jordan could oppose then. Iraq could oppose them, but they're not going to work together to do so. Neither wants a war with Saudi Arabia.

So if this goes down. (And lol, it's 2017, of course it will) The Saudi Air Force will be overflying Jordan, and any land forces will travel through the west tip of Iraq and cross through the wastes that remain of Syria. And neither the Iraqi or Jordanian governments will do more than yell at the international community.

In summary this is a bad idea for every single nation in the region and there's no way its not devolving into a bunch of genocides and land grabs.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 9, 2017

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saudi will just spin a 'we'll bomb some Kurdish separatists along the way ok?'

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

How did Threads start? Russia moving troops and armor into Iran to support them? This seems fine.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Blind Rasputin posted:

How did Threads start? Russia moving troops and armor into Iran to support them? This seems fine.

It started with some dumb kid knocking up his girlfriend so that's definitely covered

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man I'm gonna have to jump into mideast unrest chat at work and get the absolute scorching hottest takes on this poo poo

However CNN will probably have better info than the folks at work though, so I'll probably stick to watching the feed streamed onto the work network.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The us doesn't have keflavik air base so how is the airman going to save the pure icelandic girl when the russians pour through the fulda gap gently caress wrong clancy book

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

orange juche posted:

The us doesn't have keflavik air base so how is the airman going to save the pure icelandic girl when the russians pour through the fulda gap gently caress wrong clancy book

No this is the one where the Saudi tanks tell the American soldiers what's wrong with themselves when they turn them on and automatically order replacement parts.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you want Iran stuff you'll need things written by Gen John Hackett.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

If you want Iran stuff you'll need things written by Gen John Hackett.

Clancy is the One True Dadprophet.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

M_Gargantua posted:

Realistically the corridor from Saudi Arabia through the edges of Jordan, Iraq, and Syria are already shitholes so either of those three protesting Saudi armies and Air Force tracing through their "sovereign" territories is the best you're going to get. Jordan could oppose then. Iraq could oppose them, but they're not going to work together to do so. Neither wants a war with Saudi Arabia.

So if this goes down. (And lol, it's 2017, of course it will) The Saudi Air Force will be overflying Jordan, and any land forces will travel through the west tip of Iraq and cross through the wastes that remain of Syria. And neither the Iraqi or Jordanian governments will do more than yell at the international community.

In summary this is a bad idea for every single nation in the region and there's no way its not devolving into a bunch of genocides and land grabs.

Will Jordan even care enough to object? If they agree on the basis of "well it means they're hitting Hizballah so we retroactively consent" I wouldn't be all that surprised.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Puerto Rico just lost power again due to an equipment failure.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

shyduck posted:

Puerto Rico just lost power again due to an equipment failure.

They should have fixed their economy so they could afford better equipment :sad:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh did they have a brown out?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Blind Rasputin posted:

:holymoley:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

:tipshat:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Uhm.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928681128978010113

Looks like Roy Moore might be a kiddie diddler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Uhm.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928681128978010113

Looks like Roy Moore might be a kiddie diddler?

lmao gently caress

• Locked thread