Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I hope she drinks some water hydration is important to staying healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The first three episodes aren't really similar to SSY in tone at all, it's just also about an isolated community with strange customs run by secretive elders. It seems like a mostly lighthearted fantasy adventure thing, that is very pretty and has a novel setting

https://files.catbox.moe/6t3qni.webm
:3:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 8, 2017

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Space Flower posted:

that's a strong reason. i haven't seen past ep 1 yet but might i suggest checking out Enmusubi no Youko-chan? she plays the main girl, an airheaded squeaky fox girl, which is as kana asumin a role as they come.

e: oh i guess i missed that last part of your post. well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's more of my posts than most people read, so you have my thanks.

Entertaining show? I don't know why it never caught my interest, except insofar as I only first noticed it on CR when it was like 14 episodes deep.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://www.crunchyroll.com/star-blazers-space-battleship-yamato-2199

yamato is now with subs on crunchy.... probably, i cant actually see it thanks to region locking

and here is next season

Davincie fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 9, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe I'll actually watch something next season.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Is this actually the first official English release? Because that's kinda wild.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Next season looks like mostly crap. I'm watching something like 10 shows this season, but I don't think that momentum will last into next.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Next season looks like mostly crap.
-some goon, every few months

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
A season with both poptepipic and hakumei & mikochi can't possibly be bad

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yurucamp, Hakumei & Mikochi, and Mitsuboshi Colors are all a hell yeah from me.

Also, Houshin Engi???????

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I refuse to show any exciting at this stage because I know that as soon as I do what I'm interested in will get snapped up by Netflix or something.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
violet evergarden is gonna be good, i have hopes for yuru camp and the trigger show but other than that not too much. we'll see

also re: children of the whales i'm still liking it and my thread for it still exists but has like 10 posts. it's not the second coming of shin sekai yori (perhaps yet) but its interesting enough and very pretty so i'm keeping up with it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Homura and Sickle posted:

violet evergarden is gonna be good, i have hopes for yuru camp and the trigger show but other than that not too much. we'll see

also re: children of the whales i'm still liking it and my thread for it still exists but has like 10 posts. it's not the second coming of shin sekai yori (perhaps yet) but its interesting enough and very pretty so i'm keeping up with it.

How many eps are we looking at? Because I feel like it's still just starting to ramp up.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

Is this actually the first official English release? Because that's kinda wild.

it will be the first full one if they finish it, yeah

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I will definitely give the Trigger show a chance.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

How many eps are we looking at? Because I feel like it's still just starting to ramp up.

just single cour

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Next season is going to give us more Cardcaptor Sakura, so it's going to be a great season.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
worth noting that it sounds like the new animated cardcaptor sakura stuff is more for people who like the manga and sticks closer to its material than the old anime did

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 9, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I feel like the number of standouts has decreased over the year, which is fair since our lord and saviour Deen blew their load at the start of the year.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Command Ant posted:

Next season is going to give us more Cardcaptor Sakura, so it's going to be a great season.

:hai:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Citrus, killing bites, colors, all good anims that I recommend based on the plot synopsis

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I look forward to Colors alternately saving and damning the world.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OVERLORD II Motherfuckers! :kheldragar:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Overbored poo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The PV for Hakumei & Mikochi that came out a while back looked insanely good, seriously check that show out because the manga is great and they've really nailed the look.

Conversely while I am excited for Yurucamp I can't help but feel the teaser we saw for it made it look like it lost a lot of the art appeal in its transition to anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab posted:

Citrus, killing bites, colors, all good anims that I recommend based on the plot synopsis

citrus is really mediocre, having read some of it a long time ago. i guess it's ok if you want a yuri anime that's like 90% trashy drama about a girl who wants to bang her step sister

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Colonel posted:

citrus is really mediocre, having read some of it a long time ago. i guess it's ok if you want a yuri anime that's like 90% trashy drama about a girl who wants to bang her step sister

Do i!?!

no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not even like offensively bad, it's just really trashy and none of the drama is over anything remotely interesting

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
That can't possibly be everything that's airing next season, can it? It's a relatively short list compared with recent seasons.

Anyway, Dagashi Kashi 2 will be well worth the laughs and I'll probably watch overlord2 and death march. Maybe kokkoku and the puppygirl show. Trigger and Kyoani shows will get a couple episodes at least.

But even assuming I watch all of those to the end (usually a pretty safe assumption for me), 7 shows makes for a fairly light season.

This isn't counting Nanatsu no Taizai because realistically Netflix will air it in 2019, so I'm not counting it as part of this season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

winter is where anime goes to die

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

worth noting that it sounds like the new animated cardcaptor sakura stuff is more for people who like the manga and sticks closer to its material than the old anime did

I can’t imagine it sticking that closely, since the OVA adjusting to the manga ending still showed all the anime only cards. And that only changed exactly how Sakura confesses to Syaoran, without touching any of the other big differences in the manga (like the relation between Clow and Sakura’s dad). Plus barely anything has happened in the manga that it’s adapting for this arc so if it’s a strictly faithful adaptation, it’s going to run out of material very, very quickly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

dogsicle posted:

winter is where anime goes to die
March Lion S1, Rakugo S2, ACCA, Maid Dragon, and Demi-chan was Winter 2017. It was nuts.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kytrarewn posted:

That can't possibly be everything that's airing next season, can it? It's a relatively short list compared with recent seasons.

its not, but its what announced so far

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna watch the cute Sanrio boys show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

March Lion S1, Rakugo S2, ACCA, Maid Dragon, and Demi-chan was Winter 2017. It was nuts.

well I'm just taking quantity here

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Nate RFB posted:

I finally started watching ACCA and it's rad. If you somehow slept on that one, well, don't. It's just got so much style.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I won't commit to Darling in the Franxx until I know what it's about

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

a girl in tights sitting on a technothrone, obviously.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

GorfZaplen posted:

as far as I can tell, it's gurren lagann but with sexy lady robots? sounds like peak trigger to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think robot team M/F pairs might be a thing?

• Locked thread