Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Someone had a little too much fun doing that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

"It's-a me, Mario! I'm-a gonna rip-&-tear all of the demons!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Max Wilco posted:

"It's-a me, Mario! I'm-a gonna rip-&-tear all of the demons!"

That's-a so niiiiiice!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I already have Dook on max settings on my PC but I’ll be double dipping cause gently caress if playing portable Doom arcade mode on lunch or an airplane won’t be the bees knees

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Pastariffic! You gotta eat a lot of carbs to keep up with those demons is what I'm saying.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
All you have to do is recolor Bowser's head and you got yourself a cacodemon son.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/927988381237133312

Highlights are Turok 1 for five bucks, and Strife and both System Shocks are $2.50.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

The Kins posted:

Highlights are Turok 1 for five bucks, and Strife and both System Shocks are $2.50.

I hope Night Dive stays around. Apart from popular stuff like System Shock and Turok, they publish a lot of cult classic stuff and weird games that have been forgotten.

Looking through the list of titles on sale, I see a couple of FPS games I never heard of like Z.A.R. and Madspace: To Hell and Beyond. Does anyone know if those are any good? They look sort of interesting.

I've already picked up Eradicator and Strife: Veteran Edition, and I've heard that NAM and World War II GI aren't that good.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I recently (re)played Nightdive's redux of Turok 2 and had a blast with it--haven't installed Turok yet but I'm surprised how much I still enjoy these relatively dated N64-era FPS games--particularly with a KB&M.

I assume no word on remastering Turok 3 yet?

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
Turok 3 isn't out yet. I'm not sure if they are even working on it right now.

One game I really want to point out is Spirits of Xanadu. From the screenshots it may not look like much, but boy is it something else. It's very much like System Shock 2 would be if it had a hint of Myst-like puzzle solving and more much more environmental story telling. Honestly, the worst part of the game is its length.

BlueberryCanary fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 8, 2017

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

BlueberryCanary posted:

One game I really want to point out is Spirits of Xanadu. From the screenshots it may not look like much, but boy is it something else. It's very much like System Shock 2 would be if it had a hint of Myst-like puzzle solving and more much more environmental story telling. Honestly, the worst part of the game is its length.

Yeah, I played Xanadu last year and it's very good and very clearly inspired by SS2, although a lot more...minimalist, I guess? Highly recommended.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
2 weeks after release, Dungeons of Kremlin Remastered is now 78p in a bundle

you could buy 3 Freddo's for that

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

The Kins posted:

Oh great, now I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the Pajama Sam games. I'm a grown friggin woman I do not need Babby's First Point And Click

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

finally, the mod we've all been waiting for https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=58343&sid=38d18826947cd6ef1b40809498c88e6a

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"The box of hurt" lol.

I'm not gonna bother downloading this just to see how stupid it is. If someone does, post screenshots.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Convex posted:

2 weeks after release, Dungeons of Kremlin Remastered is now 78p in a bundle

you could buy 3 Freddo's for that

Welp I now have a copy of Dungeons of Kremlin Remastered, I suppose I'll have to play it for your amusement if it runs on this laptop. (One of the other games in the bundle was something I'd been thinking about picking up, and at $4 with some other junk I jumped on it.)

edit: Or payment could fail, that too.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

This is incomplete without a Sailor Moon/anime MIDI sound pack.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
Gggmanlives has just posted on youtube a preview of Amid Evil. It comes with a bunch of new gameplay video.

Here is a link.

Frankly, the game looks just as bad rear end as Dusk

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, Amid Evil looks a bit like Quake and Hexen had a baby and that's cool with me.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's a shame New Blood doesn't believe in release dates, because with Wolfenstein being a disappointment, I've got a real hankering to shoot in first person, again.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mordja posted:

It's a shame New Blood doesn't believe in release dates, because with Wolfenstein being a disappointment, I've got a real hankering to shoot in first person, again.
I asked the Amid Evil devs when I was at Pax Aus, and they said they were targeting Jan/Feb.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It's done when it's done, pal™

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

I asked the Amid Evil devs when I was at Pax Aus, and they said they were targeting Jan/Feb.

Dusk is still shooting for this year, right?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Mordja posted:

Dusk is still shooting for this year, right?
Allegedly. I'll believe it when I see it, but the one level they played of Episode 2 looked pretty polished.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Wasn't there supposed to be a release of DUSKWORLD MP?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a release of DUSKWORLD MP?
It's in beta right now, IIRC. Signups were a week or two ago, no idea if you still can or not.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Shadow Hog posted:

It's in beta right now, IIRC. Signups were a week or two ago, no idea if you still can or not.

Fuckkkkkk

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
New Blood 2 speedrun record:

https://youtu.be/VuKbG6xO6MI

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
High Noon Drifter has gotten a big update including, among other things, Hexen support that lets you snap the Centaurs out of their shielding state with your whip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c7nARhF_X8

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Keiya posted:

Oh great, now I'm having to fight the temptation to buy the Pajama Sam games. I'm a grown friggin woman I do not need Babby's First Point And Click

:colbert: Hey now, don't diss Pajama Sam. I played the first one last year since I got it on sale. It's still fun.

Actually, fun bit of FPS related trivia: I was looking up the voice actors because I wanted to figure out who voiced Sam (it was Pamela Segall, who voices Bobby on King of the Hill), and I found out that a couple of the characters were voiced by Stephen Weyte, who did the voice of Caleb in Blood.

Ularg posted:

"The box of hurt" lol.

I'm not gonna bother downloading this just to see how stupid it is. If someone does, post screenshots.

I downloaded this and it's...unique?

Your clothing serves as your hitpoints. Once it drops to zero, you lose it and end up naked (because anime). At that point, you can only take a couple of hits before dying. Health bonuses are now thread, so they'll either bolster whatever outfit you're wearing, or if you've lost you clothing, it'll give you a bit of protection until you can find another oufit.

Various item and armor pickups have been changed to different outfits, but they provide different effects depending on what it is. For example, there's a ninja outfit which I think replaces the invisibility orb, and it will let you go invisible and replaces your melee with a shuriken throw. on. The Biosuit will protect you from hurt-floors like normal, but it will also let you place down explosive barrels (though it seemed kind of glitchy, since I died while still having HP for it).

I took a couple of screenshots and posted them to an Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/a/7JDeT

Highlight is the ability to stunlock the Cyberdemon with toast projectiles.
https://i.imgur.com/ayx3V35.mp4

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Surprised no one mentioned the awesome Castlevania mod that the Golden Souls dude put together. That's some solid fun, right there.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Surprised no one mentioned the awesome Castlevania mod that the Golden Souls dude put together. That's some solid fun, right there.

where do you get it?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there was a video linked of it earlier but i don't think a download was available at the time, so if there is one now then that's cool

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

where do you get it?

Johnny Joestar posted:

there was a video linked of it earlier but i don't think a download was available at the time, so if there is one now then that's cool

Here's the Zdoom project page:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=57800&sid=6586405da9af8100da6ea3d07310e628

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

hell yeah thanks b

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Hmm

https://twitter.com/pripyatbeast/status/928795331789066240

Also new version of BloodGDX is out!

Convex fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 10, 2017

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Time to test BloodGDX on skill 4 and see how fast I die.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Time to test BloodGDX on skill 4 and see how fast I die.
You are already dead.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
The fact they wanna do something with Metal Storm makes me so happy. that game is such a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yo does anyone have any opinions on This Strange Realm of Mine? It doesn't seem like it's really much of an FPS game despite the presentation but it's somewhat in the wheelhouse of this thread I think.