Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

zoux posted:

In the movie Hela's deal seems to be that she can summon weapons of any size and make, is that something from the comics as well?

Not familiar with the comics, but one of the producers said in an interview that they pulled that from someone called Gorr the God Butcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cythereal posted:

Not familiar with the comics, but one of the producers said in an interview that they pulled that from someone called Gorr the God Butcher.

Taking from Gorr but not using the the All-Black Necrosword which is the most metal thing in Aaron’s run. Shameful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hela just has magic in the comics.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Taking from Gorr but not using the the All-Black Necrosword which is the most metal thing in Aaron’s run. Shameful.

You need to capitalize and bold that, man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

More or less shameful than clearly having not actually read said run?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cythereal posted:

The line "What were you the god of again" is straight from the mouth of Gor, but I don't recall his infinite-sword ability.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gorr basically had Green Lantern shadow powers. I'm sure he used them to make blades and stuff occasionally but he did a lot more than just that.

The look of the swords she makes are very similar to All-Black though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought the sword shooting thing was inspired by Ares from the first Injustice video game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Marvel must have been real confident with Guardians. All they did was take our phones, and I was free to confirm that Thanos and a Celestial appear afterwards.

I was in an advance screening for Kick-rear end and they tried a ticket system for checking in phones and they just gave up after a few minutes and were like "gently caress it, this movie sucks go ahead and put it on the internet."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kick rear end did well critically though. You mean 2?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait for the Kick-rear end v Kingsman: Dawn of Just rear end crossover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Kick rear end did well critically though. You mean 2?

No it was the first one. The theater staff just gave no fucks about security and the sanctity of the film.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

They checked our phones for a preview of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Then the dvd or hard drive or whatever froze ten minutes into the movie so we got to watch that part again when they reset it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Embargo for Justice League lifts tomorrow. Hold on to your butts!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

teagone posted:

Embargo for Justice League lifts tomorrow. Hold on to your butts!

Social media, or the full one?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're lifting it early? By the logic of this thread that must mean it's good

Exit: Yeah probably social media. That one always lifts like a week ahead of the review one

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Aphrodite posted:

Social media. 9 AM PST.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Endless Mike posted:

More or less shameful than clearly having not actually read said run?

I don't read comics, I just read and post in this thread for a different perspective on the superhero movies than what I get in CineD. One of the producers talked in an interview about Hela's design and powers for the movie, and explained they didn't want Hela to seem particularly magic-y given that that's generally a thing for Loki and now the Doctor Strange side of things. So they went over a bunch of Thor's enemies for ideas to adapt for Hela's powers and style, and settled on taking cues from Gorr the God Butcher and particularly a thing for summoning swords to give her a distinctive visual flair for the movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I gotta say: read comics.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fruit on the bottom posted:

I assumed that Hemsworth would be out after Infinity War when his contract runs out, but this article makes it sounds like he's really just now beginning to really find his groove with the role so I wonder if he'll want to stick around a little longer.

I'm pretty sure if Disney wants to pay them, they'll come back. That goes for all the actors with expiring contracts.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m pretty sure Evans is out for sure on account of wanting to shift into directing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He walked that back pretty hard after Ike left (and also after his feature bombed)

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

And is it "say what you really think" or one of the "only positive things"-BS one?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm fine with hemsworth leaving as long as he's replaced with tessa thompson

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I'm fine with hemsworth leaving as long as he's replaced with tessa thompson

So who replaces Tom Hiddleston then?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Well SOMEONE’s leaving after Infinity War. RDJ?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'd assume the ones who have already been in 5+ movies might soft retire with cameos or occasional RDJ in Spiderman appearances over the next decade (!) but with a much less grueling schedule.

e: really don't expect any major cast deaths when 4 is done with. If there are it'll get undone by magic toward the end.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well SOMEONE’s leaving after Infinity War. RDJ?

I think every movie since IM3 was supposed to be his last one no-really-guys-this-is-it but the house of mouse keeps giving him ludicrous sums of money to do another.

I distinctly remember some interview where he said Iron Man 4 was happening but that could have been horse poo poo.

If anyone's biting it in Infinity War my money's on Vision. Paul Bettany can't enjoy all that Vision make up, and Vision is nobody's favorite Avenger, so it won't make the little kid audience too sad when he goes. Or maybe Rhodey actually dying instead of a fakeout.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vision is turbo-hosed. Not only is he easily the most powerful hero, he's got the Mind Stone in his loving head. He's going to die and everyone knows it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, plus Vision has one of the stones in his head so that makes sense.

Jarvis/Vision sure has some bad luck.

E: beaten like Hulk to show off how powerful Thanos is.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Arist posted:

Vision is turbo-hosed. Not only is he easily the most powerful hero, he's got the Mind Stone in his loving head. He's going to die and everyone knows it.

Vision getting reverse fridged to power-up Wanda to beat Thanos is about the most predictable thing ever and I hope they don't do it.

edit: especially because they kind of did it with Quicksilver and Ultron.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I thought Captain America was odds-on favorite to bite it in Infinity War.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

purple death ray posted:

I mean you can easily do what the comics did and have Bucky Cap or Falcon Cap going forward

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

purple death ray posted:

I think Vision bites it, and Cap makes peace with a world where he doesn’t always have to fight and retires after giving his blessing to a new Cap (with the possibility of showing up in a cameo or teamup movie should the stars align)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Probably the second movie or the end of the first if they're going to do it.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I'm just bummed that unless they do something unexpected, we won't get Cap picking up Mjolnir to face down Thanos.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Idris of course

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Rhyno posted:

Liam Hemsworth. But in drag as female Loki.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh yea, they can have a woman Loki or a kid Loki, I completely forgot about that.

I'd bet RDJ is tired of the MCU and will quit, or at least greatly reduce his appeaerences after Infinity War.

Evans wants to be a director and it's probably not easy being in peak performance for these movies so he's most likely out too.

Until Ragnarok I wouldn't be on Hemsworth staying but he had such a good time doing it that I don't know anymore.

Johanson and Renner ??? Maybe train the new generation?

The others will take up their mantles, I assume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Decius posted:

Liam Hemsworth. But in drag as female Loki.

I'm down for this in the weirdest way.

Alternatively can we get Matt Damon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Johansson is only 32 so she could get a good few more years out of Black Widow, and I think she's the second highest-paid member of the "main cast" of the MCU but I feel like they'd need to let her have a solo movie to keep her around; I imagine it must get a bit annoying that you're in the prime of your career and aren't being given a chance to carry your own picture as your most famous character.

I wonder what RDJ will do after he's done with the MCU. I imagine he'll pretty much have his pick of parts by that point. Maybe he'll finally make that third Sherlock Holmes film after 10 years.

• Locked thread