Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alfalfa posted:

Id drop both fuller and Shepard for JuJu and Diggs no questions asked.

No one should be dropping Shepard right now. The Giants had like 8 designed pass plays to him last game and two dinked off his hands else he would have had a huge day. He's a very talented WR and teams are perfectly ok with letting the Giants have an intermediate game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

No one should be dropping Shepard right now. The Giants had like 8 designed pass plays to him last game and two dinked off his hands else he would have had a huge day. He's a very talented WR and teams are perfectly ok with letting the Giants have an intermediate game.

Counterpoint: Can't get anything done when the whole team is a clusterfuck that gives up on the coach.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Agreed. Shepard is the lone bright spot there. For the poster that was asking, I'd drop Kelvin or Agholor before Shepard, but would definitely make room for both Diggs and Juju, probably dumping Fuller and Agholor personally. Agholor's target totals have been pretty bad and he's needed a touchdown for good fantasy scoring basically all year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This trade just went down (non-ppr)

AJ Green and Demarco Murray for Jay Ajayi

The guy who's getting Green and Murray is the clear winner right? Or am I just going off of name recognition here?

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Standard 0ppr

Just got an offer:
Javorius Allen for my Alfred Morris

Bad deal due to Woodhead returning soon, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Liquid Banjo posted:

Standard 0ppr

Just got an offer:

You get: nothing
He gets: something

RCarr posted:

This trade just went down (non-ppr)

AJ Green and Demarco Murray for Jay Ajayi

The guy who's getting Green and Murray is the clear winner right? Or am I just going off of name recognition here?

I think the Green guy wins but Ajayi has some really good potential behind that line in Philly and Murray has been terrible. I don't hate it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Liquid Banjo posted:

Standard 0ppr

Just got an offer:

I think this is a wash, Woodhead won't be back until Week 11 at the earliest and it could be a week or so later. And who knows if Zeke's suspension comes back.

Is this guy the Zeke owner?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

I think this is a wash, Woodhead won't be back until Week 11 at the earliest and it could be a week or so later. And who knows if Zeke's suspension comes back.

Is this guy the Zeke owner?

But it's Week 10 already and the Ravens are on a bye. I'd rather have Morris than Buck right now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

But it's Week 10 already and the Ravens are on a bye. I'd rather have Morris than Buck right now.

Is this Week 10? drat time flies. Forgot Ravens are on bye.

Yeah I'd rather have Morris, but if that guy is the Zeke owner, you make him pay a premium for Morris. Not Buck Allen.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

pubic works project posted:

but if that guy is the Zeke owner, you make him pay a premium for Morris. Not Buck Allen.

Agreed.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is eli gonna start against SF? I have alex smith and wentz both on byes and need a qb for this week. I know he's been blowin all season but SF is a nice match up at least

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

.5 PPR

Give DeAndre Hopkins
Get Alvin Kamara

My team:

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Whats the conventional wisdom around trades when someone has ran out of faab budget?

We've got a guy who has holes in his roster but has blown through his faab budget, and two teams (related to him) have picked teams off the FA wire to trade to him to fill in his bye week. In particular it's a kicker and tight end, both of which he has on his bench just on bye weeks. What's even more strange is that the trade involving the kicker comes from a team who just picked up it's second kicker, and dropped a defense it also bid on in the same day to make sure this trade happens (since he is getting a defense in return for the kicker)

The tight end trade on it's own is a trade that doesn't seem to be strange, but this involved with the kicker trade seems like circumventing the entire reason for a faab budget in the first place.

One thing is for drat sure this is the last time I LM a league....

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 9, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

.5 PPR

Give DeAndre Hopkins
Get Alvin Kamara

My team:

Tough call. I like it though.

Now do something about the spare QB and extra kicker on your bench.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Twelve team, half PPR league with 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST.

My Team
QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Mark Ingram, Duke Johnson, Marlon Mack, Damien Williams
WR: Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Josh Doctson, Corey Davis
TE: Travis Kelce
DST: Saints

Her Team
QB: Cam Newton
RB: CJ Anderson, Matt Forte, Orleans Darkwa, Isaiah Crowell, Tarik Cohen, Jay Ajayi
WR: DeSean Jackson, Doug Baldwin, DeVante Parker
TE: Trey Burton, Zach Ertz
DST: Lions, VIkings

I need to make some room and I really want DeVante Parker. Is there a trade to be made here?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

.5 PPR

Give DeAndre Hopkins
Get Alvin Kamara

My team:

That's brutal given that Hopkins got SIXTEEN TARGETS this past week from Savage. I think I like Kamara/Ajayi/Hill/Matthews more than Ajayi/Johnson/Hopkins/Hill ROS though. I would accept.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

Whats the conventional wisdom around trades when someone has ran out of faab budget?

We've got a guy who has holes in his roster but has blown through his faab budget, and two teams (related to him) have picked teams off the FA wire to trade to him to fill in his bye week. In particular it's a kicker and tight end, both of which he has on his bench just on bye weeks. What's even more strange is that the trade involving the kicker comes from a team who just picked up it's second kicker, and dropped a defense it also bid on in the same day to make sure this trade happens (since he is getting a defense in return for the kicker)

The tight end trade on it's own is a trade that doesn't seem to be strange, but this involved with the kicker trade seems like circumventing the entire reason for a faab budget in the first place.

One thing is for drat sure this is the last time I LM a league....

Can't he just bid $0 and pick someone up? Either way, trading is a totally valid way to get players you want/need, so I don't see a problem.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tough call. I like it though.

Now do something about the spare QB and extra kicker on your bench.

Bye week fill-in. 16 team league you can't just drop kickers willy nilly

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

RCarr posted:

Can't he just bid $0 and pick someone up? Either way, trading is a totally valid way to get players you want/need, so I don't see a problem.

On ESPN I believe the minimum bid is 0 dollars by default to add a player

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

kiimo posted:

Bye week fill-in. 16 team league you can't just drop kickers willy nilly

Fair point. Maybe counter with a trade that tosses in a kicker whose bye week is over so you don't have to roster a spare?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm gonna be honest. I don't want to lose Buttkicker. I follow him on instagram. He's the best.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

The question is do the trades benefit the teams that had claimed these players, or are they simply picking players up for this guy and then trading him their waiver wire fodder for him. That's collusion if there isn't good intent on both sides.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm gonna be honest. I don't want to lose Buttkicker. I follow him on instagram. He's the best.

Dropped him this week for his bye and it was hardest kicker drop I've ever had.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm also in a "don't want to drop my good kicker on bye for a lovely one and then inevitably have someone else grab him" situation :smith:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Varg posted:

I'm also in a "don't want to drop my good kicker on bye for a lovely one and then inevitably have someone else grab him" situation :smith:

Buck Allen is probably droppable now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You have two injured NE wide receivers

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

kiimo posted:

You have two injured NE wide receivers

well yeah I figured one of them was going to be usable if the other was out, but I guess Amendola is droppable now

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

The question is do the trades benefit the teams that had claimed these players, or are they simply picking players up for this guy and then trading him their waiver wire fodder for him. That's collusion if there isn't good intent on both sides.

The first trade is Antonio Brown and Austin Hooper (team 1) for Kareem Hunt, Will Fuller and Juju (team 2), which on it's face I don't have a problem with as it benefits both teams. The team 1 did just pick up Austin Hooper and team 2 has a tight end in zach ertz who may not play so at face value the trade seems fine for both sides.

The second trade is Gano (team 3) for the Rams Defense (team 2). Team 3 bid for the bears defense, only to drop them and then also bid on Gano while having already has Ryan Succop on his active roster, while team 2 has 3 defenses and a kicker on the bench on bye.

Team 1 2 and 3 are related and have been making trades only within their 3 teams; the trades themselves don't particularly bother me but it feels against the entire reason for having a faab budget free agency system.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

The first trade is Antonio Brown and Austin Hooper (team 1) for Kareem Hunt, Will Fuller and Juju (team 2), which on it's face I don't have a problem with as it benefits both teams. The team 1 did just pick up Austin Hooper and team 2 has a tight end in zach ertz who may not play so at face value the trade seems fine for both sides.

The second trade is Gano (team 3) for the Rams Defense (team 2). Team 3 bid for the bears defense, only to drop them and then also bid on Gano while having already has Ryan Succop on his active roster, while team 2 has 3 defenses and a kicker on the bench on bye.

Team 1 2 and 3 are related and have been making trades only within their 3 teams; the trades themselves don't particularly bother me but it feels against the entire reason for having a faab budget free agency system.

Eh, I think it's fine to work out a trade ahead of time like that. If you could trade FAAB dollars would you be upset with the guy trading Gano +$10 for the Rams D? Seems like a viable way to utilize your FAAB; as a trade chip of sorts.

I get that on the surface it looks fishy when 3 guys that know each other trade with each other a bunch. But that's almost always going to be the case, since these guys are friends/brothers/whatever and probably talk all the time. It's easier to formulate a deal with someone you know well and see often.

I think these trades are fine because they aren't clear dumps. They benefit both sides.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Welp the owner pulled the Kamara for Hopkins trade and sent a new offer for Hopkins. DeMarco Murray. The #27 RB for the #1 WR.

It's hard not to despise the other fantasy owners. Like...hate them irl.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Zeke's motion denied.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looks like Zeke just got suspended again. I have Morris, do I drop anyone for McFadden? He's a free agent.

My team:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
So that's it for Elliot appeals?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I'd say stand pat. I trust the Cowboys are going to want to work Smith in and give him a chance to get going. Barring injury, I don't think DMC will be relevant this year.

Watch him be the goal line back or some poo poo. gently caress you Jerry.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Damnit, I wanted him to just play this week so I didn't have to hold him for the next 6 weeks. Now I have to roster him hoping I make the finals.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This is the stupidest thing in the history of fantasy football. Stupider than Josh Gordon, stupider than Zach Sudfeld, stupider than 1st round picks Steve Slaton and Trent Richardson.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Is it worth dropping Cohen for Rod Smith? Or better to first see how Cohen does coming off his bye?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Counterpoint: Can't get anything done when the whole team is a clusterfuck that gives up on the coach.

The Giants aren't necessarily a bad team fantasy wise when it comes to the WRs. Eli can still deliver passes despite the head coach, and designed plays are designed plays.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

on the bored wop posted:

Is it worth dropping Cohen for Rod Smith? Or better to first see how Cohen does coming off his bye?

I would make that move.

e: I am a Cohen detractor though.

Popero fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

lmao the next step would be to take the case to the Supreme Court do it zeke :regd08:

• Locked thread