Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Any suggestions for a spec that is not highly CDR dependant? After necro I need a change from waiting around for Big Cooldown to come off CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Depends on what you mean by CDR dependant. Things like Hammerdin, Impale DH, UE DH, whirlwind barb, etc. aren't sitting around waiting for a cooldown but all require a certain level of CDR to maintain a buff or make life easier. If you're looking for a build that requires 0 CDR all the new wiz builds don't need any (DMO frozen orb, firebird meteor, or tal meteor).

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
yeah for whatever reason i think i'm gonna go monk this season, been a long time. hopefully it's fun.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Bell monks are hilariously fun. Do that. The speed version needs an In Geom but you'll basically be playing a one click screen wipe build with infinite teleport.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is the icyveins WW barb guide up to date and correct or does anyone have a link to a decent build for it?
Think I'll start with that and do the shotgun crusader as 2nd character.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Just a bit over 12 hours to go for the new season on NA. Here's a great link to use if you want to see what's coming up ahead on your chapters so you can plan accordingly (e.g. all 5 T13 bosses, across 3 chapters, in one run rather than waiting to complete each chapter):

http://d3resource.com/journey/

I find it easier to have open on monitor 2 as you go through Chapters 1-4, rather than having to constantly check what's next in-game.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
so this'll be the first time I get in right at the start of a season - what's the generally most fun and easyish way to level up that doesn't take a light year?

just join a group and do rifts or what?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I’m still playing the Horizon DLC atm but I think I’ll roll Barb this season, all their set changes look great and it’s been a long time.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

90s Shoes posted:

so this'll be the first time I get in right at the start of a season - what's the generally most fun and easyish way to level up that doesn't take a light year?

just join a group and do rifts or what?

That's basically it. For the very early levels you can pop into solo adventure mode and take a weapon off one of your followers. They start with better weapons than you do.

Other than that you could look up low level legendaries and try to gamble em from Kadala. A Hellcat Waistguard or a Circle of Nailuj's Evol can make levelling even easier, for example.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Yup, in a group is funner IMO, even if it may be slightly slower than grinding the same zone for massacre bonuses. Here's a little list I'll follow, which can be done solo or in a group:

1. At the start of the season, rebirth the character I will be playing (or create a new character).
2. Enter a game and take my templar's weapon.
3. Leave the game and swap from Adventure to Challenge Rifts.
4. Complete the Challenge Rift and talk to Edira to make sure it's complete and my reward has been sent to me.
5. Swap back over to Adventure and enter the game on my seasonal character rebirthed/created on Step 1.
6. Click the mail icon on the lower-left corner and claim my Challenge Rift Cache.
7. Pop that sucker open, loot all of the goodies, do my level 1 gambling, upgrade my Artisans to max, and then do a quick Act 2 boss Bounty Run on Expert/Master for the quick level boost so I can start rifts with a few skills.
8. Rift on Hard to 70, while upgrading my weapons at the Blacksmith between rifts. Start crafting level 70 yellow 2hs around level 40, between rifts, in case you get a lucky 20-30 level reduction weapo (via crafting and/or enchanting), which will help clear much faster.

Save any good legendaries since you can cube them later on and use it to make your solo GR20 much easier.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 9, 2017

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
that's helpful, thanks, but what exactly do you mean by act 2 boss bounty run on expert/master? won't that be pretty difficult that early on?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You should be able to do anything on Expert/Master pretty much immediately after hitting 70, especially if you have some shards to gamble and legendaries to cube.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

90s Shoes posted:

that's helpful, thanks, but what exactly do you mean by act 2 boss bounty run on expert/master? won't that be pretty difficult that early on?

At level 1, with your templar's weapon (which is like 2-3x as much DPS as your starter weapon), you can all focus down a boss without too much trouble, especially ZK/Maghda, since you can run to them from the portal in like 30 seconds and they don't have long fights like Belial. It's just a nice boost to level 4-5 (bounty xp), gets you a few yellows/blues, and then you go down to Hard and rift. It's not needed at all, especially with the gold/mats from the Challenge Rift, but it's nice to kick off the rifting with a few skills right off the bat.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
right that makes more sense and seems probably like a cool, sort of ceremonial way to go about things, which I like.

challenge rifts really helped early seasons move a bit faster, which is cool.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Heard the Pestilence set was good now so I checked out the build since Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion were my favorite D2 skills and it turns out you don't use either of them because its still the stupid Corpse Lance skill.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Heard the Pestilence set was good now so I checked out the build since Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion were my favorite D2 skills and it turns out you don't use either of them because its still the stupid Corpse Lance skill.

Yes, and uses the same setup as Trag with two 2m cooldowns. One difference is that Pestilence is very useful for T13 as well, unlike Trag CL.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ITs diablo time!

No dad no!

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

quote:

"You might have noticed we’re setting up a small demo area this year right at the front of the main floor! Swing by and try out our convention-exclusive Diablo III experience! Something strange stirs just inside the gates of New Tristram. . . . Choose your favorite nephalem hero and find out what lies in store in this unique, one-off adventure!"

So um... what exactly was the Diablo 3 thing at Blizzcon? I was secretly hoping they would psyche us out and announce druids or something.

mewse
May 2, 2006

paid money to post posted:

So um... what exactly was the Diablo 3 thing at Blizzcon? I was secretly hoping they would psyche us out and announce druids or something.

Blizzcon 2017 Recap

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Yeah I know, but read the text that I quoted. They had some sort of on-floor demo that was Blizzcon exclusive.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 9, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Yeah I know, but read the text that I quoted. They had some sort of on-floor demo that was Blizzcon exclusive.

I know as well. That's literally the only information I saw out of blizzcon regarding d3.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

They had some sort of on-floor demo that was Blizzcon exclusive.

It was a Blizzcon-only rift level that had multiple bosses/RGs. They weren't allowed to stream or record their gameplay.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

mewse posted:

I know as well. That's literally the only information I saw out of blizzcon regarding d3.

Ah, okay gotchya.

DrSeRRoD posted:

It was a Blizzcon-only rift level that had multiple bosses/RGs. They weren't allowed to stream or record their gameplay.

Welp, sounds like it was lame anyways. :\ Somehow I still have season fever and I'm playing a dumb necromans on EU while I wait for the US season to start...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Welp, sounds like it was lame anyways. :\ Somehow I still have season fever and I'm playing a dumb necromans on EU while I wait for the US season to start...

If a boss rush sounds lame to you, maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
I'd be pretty cool with a boss rush or boss rift type of deal, sure why not

edit: like if boss rifts open up when you clear gr100 reward primals or some kinda bs like that

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup, in a group is funner IMO, even if it may be slightly slower than grinding the same zone for massacre bonuses. Here's a little list I'll follow, which can be done solo or in a group:

1. At the start of the season, rebirth the character I will be playing (or create a new character).
2. Enter a game and take my templar's weapon.
3. Leave the game and swap from Adventure to Challenge Rifts.
4. Complete the Challenge Rift and talk to Edira to make sure it's complete and my reward has been sent to me.
5. Swap back over to Adventure and enter the game on my seasonal character rebirthed/created on Step 1.
6. Click the mail icon on the lower-left corner and claim my Challenge Rift Cache.
7. Pop that sucker open, loot all of the goodies, do my level 1 gambling, upgrade my Artisans to max, and then do a quick Act 2 boss Bounty Run on Expert/Master for the quick level boost so I can start rifts with a few skills.
8. Rift on Hard to 70, while upgrading my weapons at the Blacksmith between rifts. Start crafting level 70 yellow 2hs around level 40, between rifts, in case you get a lucky 20-30 level reduction weapo (via crafting and/or enchanting), which will help clear much faster.

Save any good legendaries since you can cube them later on and use it to make your solo GR20 much easier.

Why do you start an adventure game with the seasonal character, only to immediately quit to do the challenge rift?
i.e. can you not just do the challenge rift right away?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Waitaminute waitaminute

Is Holy Shotgun viable again?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

wonderboy posted:

Why do you start an adventure game with the seasonal character, only to immediately quit to do the challenge rift?

i think it's to either get the guaranteed Leoric's from the SK or to take the better weap from your follower

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is to claim the follower weapon before you get into group play

mewse
May 2, 2006

You can harvest the follower weapons in a group, there's no reason to do it before the challenge rift.

Coelacanthian
Dec 23, 2008

Star Man posted:

Waitaminute waitaminute

Is Holy Shotgun viable again?

Apparently, yeah :getin:

Bluddshed vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUbYiTbh1E

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Man posted:

Maybe I was just not paying attention, but I don't remember anyone calling inferno didficulty "Italian Hell" until right after Reaper of Souls was releasesd.

Inferno is also Hell in Portuguese which made things here very uh interesting.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Star Man posted:

I will forever be on the crusade with my anime sidekick wizard.

Foreverially anime and lovin it

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Elentor posted:

Inferno is also Hell in Portuguese which made things here very uh interesting.

Wasn't inferno difficulty just called something else in other languages? I know I saw armageddon used.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Made a quick form to see what everyone is gonna play this season.

https://goo.gl/forms/EtaUMmnV2GrZ09Bn1

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Why?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

wonderboy posted:

Probably, but I like to force the server to recognize and update that I have a seasonal character, just in case there are any Blizzard server shenanigans that prevent me from collecting it in the season because it didn't recognize that I had a character. It's probably meaningless, and while I could save those 2-3 seconds of time exiting to the menu, I like to play it safe.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I get home like 2 hrs before the season starts and I gotta try to install a new power supply in my misbehaving computer in that time

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

mewse posted:

I get home like 2 hrs before the season starts and I gotta try to install a new power supply in my misbehaving computer in that time

Goonspeed. If you are basically just pull and swapping you should have plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What are the low-level legendaries I want to gamble for a baby barb?