Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Renegret posted:

e: What does this scene look like as a lalafel? Do they bring out a high chair? A phone book to sit on?

I assume you're just uncomfortably short, like you always are. Good armor though, what set is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kwyndig posted:

I assume you're just uncomfortably short, like you always are. Good armor though, what set is that?

I don't remember. I think it's the wolfram set, dyed pink (obviously).

I put it together in the 2.x days so it's old gear, if that helps.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
looks like darklight or wolfram, i think. or one of the combined helm/chest pieces, maybe the level 44 one

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

So how many watch lists are you on?

:yikes:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That's not a trashcan helm. It's the heavy wolfram set. The heavy darksteel etc that have combined chest/head aren'y as pointy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That helmet looks like the beginning of a great Kevin Mask glamour.

On the previous subject of role actions, I would love it if more DPS brought Diversion. It's faster if I can swap to Sword Oath safely and not also have to only use the Halone combo. The SAM in my last EXDR couldn't stop and I can only provoke and spam enmity combos so much before I start to feel like it's not my fault.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you are spamming enmity combos in tank stance and still losing aggro, there is something wrong with your gear.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you are spamming enmity combos in tank stance and still losing aggro, there is something wrong with your gear.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

So how many watch lists are you on?

It's not my fault every other race is boring as poo poo.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's not my fault every other race is boring as poo poo.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SonicRulez posted:

It also makes a good Shovel Knight. (not my glam)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

On the previous subject of role actions, I would love it if more DPS brought Diversion. It's faster if I can swap to Sword Oath safely and not also have to only use the Halone combo. The SAM in my last EXDR couldn't stop and I can only provoke and spam enmity combos so much before I start to feel like it's not my fault.

It is

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

I actually do use Diversion in my Sam opener in dungeons, because I know a lot of the time pubbie tanks have way worse gear than I do and some of them are still getting used to this "pushing buttons" concept. If that lets them switch to dps stance, awesome. If that lets them barely keep agro while staying in tank stance the whole sight, also a win I guess. There are still times when Diversion isn't enough, and that's pretty much always the tank's fault.

And God loving help the tank if I pull half the things in a trash pull away from them.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

I actually do use Diversion in my Sam opener in dungeons, because I know a lot of the time pubbie tanks have way worse gear than I do and some of them are still getting used to this "pushing buttons" concept. If that lets them switch to dps stance, awesome. If that lets them barely keep agro while staying in tank stance the whole sight, also a win I guess. There are still times when Diversion isn't enough, and that's pretty much always the tank's fault.

And God loving help the tank if I pull half the things in a trash pull away from them.

I just wish more Paladins would use Flash in big pulls. It's one of the best aggro gen abilities in the game for groups, and one is often enough to keep most mobs locked down while I spam Scatter. I don't mind using Diversion ahead of a pull, but I'd prefer not to have to Lucid Dream too within a couple of GCDs.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Is connection to the servers still spotty? I ended my group's O4S early on Tuesday because we got hit with disconnects at 22% and on a separate run at 2%, so I'd like to make sure we don't get screwed again tonight.

Our samurai's the only one who wasn't getting hit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Leofish posted:

I just wish more Paladins would use Flash in big pulls. It's one of the best aggro gen abilities in the game for groups, and one is often enough to keep most mobs locked down while I spam Scatter. I don't mind using Diversion ahead of a pull, but I'd prefer not to have to Lucid Dream too within a couple of GCDs.

I try to toss out a flash every couple of gcds to re-up the blind effect but tbh in a big pull im mostly being paranoid worrying that one of the mobs is just outside my pbaoe range and is about to gib the healer

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Vitamean posted:

Is connection to the servers still spotty? I ended my group's O4S early on Tuesday because we got hit with disconnects at 22% and on a separate run at 2%, so I'd like to make sure we don't get screwed again tonight.

Our samurai's the only one who wasn't getting hit.

Last night was much better for me, but a few people in my group were still having issues. Not nearly as bad, though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How's MCH doing these days? I still kinda want to try it out because it's aesthetically cool as gently caress but I remember people not finding it very fun when SB first dropped.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

How's MCH doing these days? I still kinda want to try it out because it's aesthetically cool as gently caress but I remember people not finding it very fun when SB first dropped.

MCH has a lot of potential damage but is the class most harshly punished for making mistakes and some peopel find its rotation (fishing for procs until WILDFIRE SPAM) kind of dull.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

MCH has a lot of potential damage but is the class most harshly punished for making mistakes and some peopel find its rotation (fishing for procs until WILDFIRE SPAM) kind of dull.

More or less dull than RDM?

In general I don't like jobs where I have to babysit too many things (BRD stresses me out--I don't love maintaining two DoTs and a self-buff and keeping up the song rotation is tougher for me to pay attention to than it probably should be), but I would like more going on than RDM has, I think.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Currently leveling mch. Goddamn I'm flippy as hell now with those heated shots I got at 64. Sometimes I even manage to fit all the right things into Wildfire!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

More or less dull than RDM?

In general I don't like jobs where I have to babysit too many things (BRD stresses me out--I don't love maintaining two DoTs and a self-buff and keeping up the song rotation is tougher for me to pay attention to than it probably should be), but I would like more going on than RDM has, I think.

If you don't like babysitting things don't play MCH. It's got a lot of that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If you don't like babysitting things don't play MCH. It's got a lot of that.

If it's got more than BRD then yeah, I'll stay clear.

Maybe I'll try SAM then. It has a DoT and a self-buff but it looks like its resource system is really good at guiding you through a rotation that helps you at least keep the self-buff refreshed without having to specifically think about it too often.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

If it's got more than BRD then yeah, I'll stay clear.

Maybe I'll try SAM then. It has a DoT and a self-buff but it looks like its resource system is really good at guiding you through a rotation that helps you at least keep the self-buff refreshed without having to specifically think about it too often.

Have you tried BLM? To be honest I like it more than RDM. It has some babysitting but it feels pretty natural and integrated to the mechanics and is more about understanding when and where to cast spells so you don't interrupt than anything else.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’d rate MCH as less dull than RDM for sure, because you have to pay attention to procs and heat and cooldowns and put actual thought into the class to get the most out of it.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Renegret posted:

I don't remember. I think it's the wolfram set, dyed pink (obviously).

I put it together in the 2.x days so it's old gear, if that helps.

Pink is OK, but not the best.

Mix of Metallic Purple/Yellow, with the Augmented Cuirass of course.
The augmentation reflects off the metallic dye and basically makes you an obnoxious neon sign.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
you don't babysit dots (just one 60 second buff), but you do have to be very cognizant of the state of your cooldowns, how you are using them, when they will be back up, etc. otoh your basic rotation is simple enough that you have nothing better to do so eh.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Have you tried BLM? To be honest I like it more than RDM. It has some babysitting but it feels pretty natural and integrated to the mechanics and is more about understanding when and where to cast spells so you don't interrupt than anything else.

SMN is also not bad, you don’t really keep track of the dots because tri-disaster resets with DWT.

But BLM has no dots to track because you can cast thunder when the proc lights up and between b4 and foul.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I haven't since ARR, no, so I probably should. I do love how ridiculously flashy it is and the "I can barely hold all this arcane power" casting animations. I'm a little spoiled by how mobile RDM can be but I bet BLM is really satisfying when you pull it off right.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

I haven't since ARR, no, so I probably should. I do love how ridiculously flashy it is and the "I can barely hold all this arcane power" casting animations. I'm a little spoiled by how mobile RDM can be but I bet BLM is really satisfying when you pull it off right.

BLM is a lot more mobile than it used to be, too, with triple-cast, a teleport to your leylines, and fire-3 procs basically being reserved for dodging mechanics.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hated BLM in HW but the change so that enochian stays up as long as you don’t lose your fire/ice stacks made it fun again for me. I can handle the mini game of keeping one stack up but trying to juggle two was just a huge PITA

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Harrow posted:

Nothing like a Foul-Quad-insta-Flare-Foul combo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Welp, I guess I'll grab a staff and a pointy hat and give BLM another try :hellyeah:

I even kinda like the Stormblood BLM AF set so I have that to look forward to

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I'm new to MCH, but I think the procs on MCH are way easier to handle than BLM procs. You still need to handle your astral/umbral between thunder procs, and you essentially have zero control over when you get a proc. That being said, BLM is still really fun for multiple flare into double foul and explosions!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Black Mage is the worst job to play in the game, even including DRG.

It's anti fun. It punishes you for playing it. Nothing in the game is designed with Black Mage in mind. Go do the second boss in Shisui on Black Mage and try to resist the urge to log out when you're done.

Summoner was awful when SB came out but it's legit pretty fun now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Black Mage is the worst job in the game, even including DRG.

It's anti fun. It punishes you for playing it. Nothing in the game is designed with Black Mage in mind. Go do the second boss in Shisui on Black Mage and try to resist the urge to log out when you're done.

Go do that with like Monk and try to keep greased lightning up. It's a dumb boss for a lot of classes.

(turn on riddle of earth and take the hit on purpose. your healer will be like, wow very good.)

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 9, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Black Mage is the worst job to play in the game, even including DRG.

I honestly don't see the issue. You'll be able to bring Enoch right back up as soon as Seduce is over unless you've been dropping ti a bunch anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't see the issue. You'll be able to bring Enoch right back up as soon as Seduce is over unless you've been dropping ti a bunch anyway.

The laser beams that follow you also target both DPS so enjoy your scath damage :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Go do the second boss in Shisui on Black Mage and try to resist the urge to log out when you're done.

I dunno; I ground Shisui on Black Mage and it wasn't too bad.

That said, Enochain is kind of a pain to micromanage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

The laser beams that follow you also target both DPS so enjoy your scath damage :v:

Yep. You get Enochian back just about long enough for two Fire IV's then it's back on your bicycle, no casting for you.

Saint Freak posted:

Go do that with like Monk and try to keep greased lightning up. It's a dumb boss for a lot of classes.

(turn on riddle of earth and take the hit on purpose. your healer will be like, wow very good.)

RoE is precisely what I did while levelling up Monk to make that boss less painful to play. I don't even think the boss is too bad overall, it's just pure rear end on certain classes.