Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I remember reading about the Louis CK thing years ago. Glad somethings come of it.

You can be funny. Don’t be a loving creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/entertainment/all-the-money-in-the-world-kevin-spacey-replaced/index.html

I didn't get it at first. How the hell are they gonna still get this out in 6 weeks? Is the CGI face-replacement tech really that good? It'll also be interesting to see how a different actor and their performance works with another actor whose performance was based one their chemistry with a different actor. Like some quasi-Kuleshov effect.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I recently watched the last Hunger Games movie (which was awful) and I actually couldn't tell that it wasn't Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/928473321401970688

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DONcv9zVwAEF7VX.mp4

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

I recently watched the last Hunger Games movie (which was awful) and I actually couldn't tell that it wasn't Philip Seymour Hoffman.

They shot the majority of his stuff before he died, but rewrote a big scene he had from a face-to-face to a letter read by woody harrelson. They digitally added him in a couple other scenes, but for the most part it's him in the film.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

And the first killbot will be named "Skynet".

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/928711483596460032

Holy poo poo.

quote:

The country’s AQI—which encompasses measurements of a range of pollutants, including PM2.5—uses a scale of 0 to 500 to convey “good” to “severe” air-quality ratings. On Wednesday, Delhi's AQI rating reached toward the 800s, with some areas seeing an AQI of 999.

A score of 999 means it's off the scale and they have no way to measure how high it actually is.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Taking our jobs! :argh:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Lcskshdlshxckfkvohjg.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/928727380629303296

loving Moses.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m cool with the current purge of harassers and offenders from Hollywood, but I don’t know if I️ could withstand Keanu Reeves or Tom Hanks being taken down as well.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kevin Spacey’s “yeah maybe but I’m gay” was saintly compared to this poo poo.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

I bet he fucks kids too

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Sure, and then you have Muhammad's wife Aisha bint Abu Bakr who was nine or ten when the marriage was consummated. It doesn't make it right or ok.

It's ridiculous how some religious people try to default to these being alright after society as a whole has long since decided that it is not.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Slim Pickens posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/entertainment/all-the-money-in-the-world-kevin-spacey-replaced/index.html

I didn't get it at first. How the hell are they gonna still get this out in 6 weeks? Is the CGI face-replacement tech really that good? It'll also be interesting to see how a different actor and their performance works with another actor whose performance was based one their chemistry with a different actor. Like some quasi-Kuleshov effect.

Isn’t the film delayed?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

I’m cool with the current purge of harassers and offenders from Hollywood, but I don’t know if I️ could withstand Keanu Reeves or Tom Hanks being taken down as well.

I think both of them are wonderful people inside and out. :colbert:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Jeffrey Tambor being a bad dude makes me sad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

You’d think you’d have heard something by now.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

kupachek posted:

Sure, and then you have Muhammad's wife Aisha bint Abu Bakr who was nine or ten when the marriage was consummated. It doesn't make it right or ok.

It's ridiculous how some religious people try to default to these being alright after society as a whole has long since decided that it is not.

Somebody mine his twitter for MOHAMMAD PEDOPHILE jabs, I know they're in there.

Also, is that Ziegler dude saying Joseph hit it because I'm pretty sure that's like, kind of an important detail in christianity

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

True Detective was a documentary

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Enrollment rates in Obamacare plans were sharply higher in the first days of this open enrollment compared with last year.
This sign-up season is the first full one under the Trump administration, which opposes Obamacare.
Advocates for Obamacare fear that cuts to outreach efforts and other Trump actions will depress overall enrollment this year.
The rate of enrollment in Obamacare health insurance plans was sharply higher in the first week of sign-ups compared with last year, official data released Thursday show.
The data confirm earlier reports that there was a big upsurge in consumer demand for individual insurance plans on the first day of open enrollment, Nov. 1, the first season under the Obamacare-opposing Trump administration.
The number released Thursday suggests that consumer demand for Obamacare plans almost doubled over last year in the first days of enrollment. But it remains to be seen if that pace will continue.
A total of 601,462 people in the first four days of open enrollment selected a plan on HealthCare.gov, the federal Obamacare exchange that serves much of the United States, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
A total of 464,140 customers renewed coverage, and 137,322 new consumers selected a plan on HealthCare.gov.
CMS did not release data for the first four days of open enrollment for last season for comparison with the new data.
However, a CMS release in November 2016 said that in the first two weeks of open enrollment for that month there were 1,008,218 plan selections on HealthCare.gov.
Those two weeks encompassed just 12 days of actual enrollment, given the way CMS measures sign-up periods.
That means that each four-day period last year in the first weeks of open enrollment saw about 336,000 sign-ups on average.
The first four days of sign-ups this year was 1.79 times as much as that tally.
Data released by CMS on Thursday and last November does not include enrollments on the dozen Obamacare marketplaces run by individual states and the District of Columbia.
California's exchange, the largest state-run Obamacare marketplace, said its enrollment business was about 25 percent higher on the first day of sign-ups this year compared with last year.
Maryland's exchange had 70 percent higher enrollment on the first day.
Lori Lodes, a former top CMS official, said the data released Thursday "is a great start to open enrollment and is further evidence that people want health insurance and that they're finding coverage they can afford."
"The administration has caused a lot of anxiety for people over the last year when it comes to health care but there's also been a more in-depth conversation about what Obamacare really is about," said Lodes, co-founder of Get America Covered, an enrollment advocacy group.
"So when most people logged onto HealthCare.gov they found plans that are more affordable than they expected."
Obamacare advocates like Lodes have feared that the Trump administration's hostility to the Affordable Care Act will lead to a marked decrease in the final enrollment tally relative to last year, particularly because of a sharp decrease in outreach budgets. There is also a much shorter sign-up window this year compared with last year in much of the country.
Open enrollment ends Dec. 15 in states served by HealthCare.gov.
Most other states have longer enrollment periods, but all will end by late January.
The ACA requires most Americans to have some form of health coverage during the year or pay a fine that can be as much as 2.5 percent of household income.

from cnbc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Republican politicians ATM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2jBBQQkDL0

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Tom Hanks kinda rubs me wrong in that "I'm hyper wealthy thus I know what's best for you just listen to me :smug:" way but from all accounts Keanu is solid gold.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928732444710326272

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YmDcCpD1gc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what does reddit say about all this

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Soooo there's an heavily armed country led by a megalomaniac who supports bigots using religion to defend molesting children.

And we can't even call Team America to save us this time.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what does reddit say about all this

r/incel got deleted

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Josh Marshall at TPM had a note about how he thought southern Evangelicals had a streak of forgiving past sins if the sinner repented which struck me as a bit retrograde and stereotypical but.....gently caress.

Burn 'em all and let Sherman sort 'em out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thwomp posted:

Josh Marshall at TPM had a note about how he thought southern Evangelicals had a streak of forgiving past sins if the sinner repented which struck me as a bit retrograde and stereotypical but.....gently caress.

Roy Moore "repenting" (admitting) to this would be incredible. I dearly hope he does so.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Thwomp posted:

Evangelicals are fatalists. They don't care how terrible a candidate is so long as they continue the crusade to subjugate women, ban the gays, and fight the Muslims.

e: here, have an article to drive home this point:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/13/trump-and-the-religious-right-a-match-made-in-heaven-215251

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
NSA Wizard, C/D?

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/928669662480564226

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HashtagGriswold/status/928737055269642245

Everything. Is. Projection.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I don't want icky sex videos, who really wants to see fat donnie naked with ivanka? eww.

I just want the piss tape.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

:pisstape:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

Evangelicals are fatalists. They don't care how terrible a candidate is so long as they continue the crusade to subjugate women, ban the gays, and fight the Muslims.

e: here, have an article to drive home this point:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/13/trump-and-the-religious-right-a-match-made-in-heaven-215251

I came up in that culture for about a decade because my parents met at a baptist junior college and forums goon Prester Jane really nailed what makes those people tick. The religion itself is just a convenient latching point for a particular type of narcissism and if they had never been exposed to christianity, it'd be something else. You can see the same dynamics at play in almost any subculture that offers an "X cannot fail, X can only be failed, you should've X'd harder" rallying point.

http://prestersfiresidechats.blogspot.com/2015/03/decoding-authoritarians-schizophrenic.html

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 9, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't want icky sex videos, who really wants to see fat donnie naked with ivanka? eww.

I just want the piss tape.

I don't even want the piss because ugh diaper Donnie is probably gross as poo poo. I just want it released to watch the redhat brigade suddenly begin championing the moral superiority of water sports.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bird food bathtub posted:

I don't even want the piss because ugh diaper Donnie is probably gross as poo poo. I just want it released to watch the redhat brigade suddenly begin championing the moral superiority of water sports.

I want it to be really weird solo fapping just to gently caress with the Proud Boys

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Southern Christian adimistration members: "Muhammed was a pedophile."

*News breaks that one of their own might be a pedo*

"Well, Joseph was, too, but the good kind!"

:thunk:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wtf. I liked Louie. Why is everyone a piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

mlmp08 posted:

Southern Christian adimistration members: "Muhammed was a pedophile."

*News breaks that one of their own might be a pedo*

"Well, Joseph was, too, but the good kind!"

:thunk:

No you see Joseph was only taking care of her so she wouldn't be a single teen mother. He had the purest intentions. The best intentions.

• Locked thread