Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Milotic posted:

Miss O. Blivious right here:

My fiancee [27F] doesn't tell me [27F] where she goes

I also thought 7 years is a long time to be engaged, then I realised they were probably not able to be lawfully married for a good chunk of that time depending on their country / state.

Nah, before it was legal it was incredibly common for gay couples to consider and call themselves married even if they were not legally married. They were not engaged for 7 years because they were waiting for a marriage certificate to tie the knot. In fact I know plenty of gay couples that call themselves married even though they aren't legally because they already went through all the legal hoops so getting the official certificate just isn't a huge deal for them. I know a couple that have been together over 30 years that just made it official a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Milotic posted:

Miss O. Blivious right here:

My fiancee [27F] doesn't tell me [27F] where she goes

I also thought 7 years is a long time to be engaged, then I realised they were probably not able to be lawfully married for a good chunk of that time depending on their country / state.
You know, there are plenty of issues where seeking out advice is fine and makes sense, but jesus christ lady your SO is at best the most inconsiderate terrible communicator in the world and at worst a drug mule (in addition to the first thing). Get the gently caress out of there.

Also, 7 years is entirely too long to be engaged. They got engaged at 20, which is old enough to (legally) get married wherever. poo poo or get off the pot.
NVM, forgot they're a lesbian couple that probably couldn't get married for many of those 7 years.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
This is so beautiful...

My [18M] dad has been treating me like a failure ever since I lost a wrestling match to my cousin [15F] last thanksgiving.

quote:

u/ZoicCap
Last thanksgiving was hosted at our house. Don't ask how I got into a wrestling match with my cousin (Kelsey), we are pretty close and just do these random things sometimes. I'm a strong guy but she was really fast and flexible and I didn't expect that. It ended with her putting me in an armbar and me tapping out. I was definitely embarrassed, especially cause she is younger and it was my house and Kelsey and her younger sister were giggling afterwards. But I didn't think it was a big deal and laughed it off later.

This wasn't the end off it though. Her younger sister taped the whole thing and put it on facebook. To give you a brief history, Kelsey's parents are rich and are kind of snobby people. My dad has never gotten along with his sister, especially after she married a well-off guy, maybe some jealousy there. My aunt teased my dad on facebook about what happened, and when we visited them last Chrismas she made a it a point to remind him several times.

At one point I was having a mini argument with Kelsey, and my aunt said "careful, you don't want her to beat you up again!" in a playful tone. My dad was visibly angry even though he didn't say anything, he was quiet the rest of the night. On our drive back home, he told me how I embarrassed him and that I need to become more a of a man. He has been cold ever since, pointing out every mistake I do. He continuously belittles whenever I don't get an A on a test, where previously he didn't care much. More than once, he has made comments like "you couldn't even stand up to a tiny girl, why would I trust you with the car" and other stupid poo poo.

I feel like my dad is an actual child, he can't get over an insignificant thing that happened a year ago. I feel like it such a stupid thing to care this much about.

tl;dr: My dad doesn't treat me the same way anymore after my cousin beat me in wrestling.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Milotic posted:

My fiancee has also had issues with sobriety and infidelity, though she's resolved both through counseling.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

This is so beautiful...

My [18M] dad has been treating me like a failure ever since I lost a wrestling match to my cousin [15F] last thanksgiving.

quote:

Don't ask how I got into a wrestling match with my cousin (Kelsey), we are pretty close and just do these random things sometimes.

:thunk:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

What is it with r/relationships and wrestling

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

[–]WozzleNozzle [score hidden] 6 minutes ago
Take MMA lessons and put the 15 year old in the hospital. When your dad asks why shout "THIS IS THE FATE YOU CHOSE, OLD MAN!". Then knock him down and gently caress his wife.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I wonder which religion / sect? Deleted, but google AMP pages cache it still, haha.

My (24F) dad (55M) suddenly became religious after his mom's death and is potentially going to ruin our family. Help.

quote:

u/dadiscrazy1Nov 9, 2017, 4:46 AM
If my family reads this subreddit, they will definitely recognize it, but idgaf since my siblings and I are all on the same page... So, hi guys!

My grandmother passed away two weeks ago and her wake and funeral were this past weekend. I was sad, as I was pretty close to her, but life goes on, and I'm a firm believer in celebrating someone's life rather than mourning their death. I was uncomfortable going to the wake and funeral for those reasons, but I wanted to show some support to my dad.

The day following the funeral and burial, we had a baby shower for my sister in law which was planned a few months ahead of time. It was great, and short, as baby showers usually are, like 2 hours or so. My dad then calls us to tell us that the baby shower was a "big no-no" and how could we be celebrating something after the death of someone so important? We brushed it off and attributed it to him mourning.

We have another event this weekend and my dad was sure to call all of us and tell us that we could not attend, as it is disrespectful to our cultural and religious beliefs and traditions; we were supposed to be in a 40 day mourning period where we seclude ourselves from social events and wear black. He even canceled his company Christmas party as it fell within the 40 days. Cue a big wtf moment from all of us because we have 1. not been religious since our childhoood 2. were never told there were "traditions" like this (How can something be a tradition if we never did it? There have been multiple deaths in my family....) 3. these events were planned months ahead of time 4. none of us live at home and it feels weird that he is trying to control his grown rear end children.

So, we all stood our ground and told him we respected however he wanted to mourn, but that we do not believe in that nor have we ever heard it from him, and that people are flying in from out of town to attend these events and they cannot be canceled. He then threatened to pull funding from a very big project my brother was very immersed in and that was coming up in just a few weeks. He also said if we did not respect his wishes he would cut us off entirely.

I'm not really sure what to do in this situation and I am hoping it blows over. He told me that these traditions were around for hundreds of years, to which I responded "so was slavery and stoning women".... Naturally he wasn't a fan of that. I also strongly believe that my grandmother would be furious if we canceled all of these events and put our lives on hold. She absolutely loved watching us grow up and every time she is invited to a baby shower or an event like that, she buys the gift the day she receives the invite out of sheer excitement.

I told my dad as a compromise to help him that any social events I attend in the next 40 days I will wear black (not really an issue since it's normally what I wear LOL but I figure it might help) and I won't drink (all the stuff I have planned for now I have to drive to, so I wouldn't drink anyway). But I cannot and will not do this ever again.

I am not sure if my dad is going to come out of this; he has never been very religious ever since we hit our teen years. But now suddenly he wants to force us to go to church every Sunday, mourn the dead for 40 days, and do prayers every time we get together and eat. The worst part is when I told him I had converted to a different religion in my teens (although I am agnostic now), which he knew about the conversion and was supportive, and that my 'religion' does not believe in all of this and therefore I would be going against my beliefs, he lost it. He said I cannot enforce my beliefs on him, which I wasnt doing, but he is doing it to me.

My question, Reddit, is what is the best way to handle this? I don't want to lose my father; we've always been very very close. But this is coming right out of left field and I'm at a loss. I can just give him time, sure, but maybe somebody has some more input on this... Maybe they can understand where he is coming from, because I'm not too sure. Maybe he believes if he follows these traditions, that he will see his mother again in the afterlife or something. I don't know. I'm trying to understand and he is typically a rational person, and I am horrified that he will be permanently like this.

TL;DR: dad suddenly became religious and is enforcing it on us. What do?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Milotic posted:

This is so beautiful...

Thanksgiving is coming up. This guy just needs to train like crazy until then. Show up in full WWE style gear and beat the poo poo out of this teenage girl. Problem solved!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Milotic posted:

I wonder which religion / sect? Deleted, but google AMP pages cache it still, haha.

My (24F) dad (55M) suddenly became religious after his mom's death and is potentially going to ruin our family. Help.
Eastern Orthodox Christians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40th_Day_after_death

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Milotic posted:

Eastern orthodox is my guess

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [22F] friends [20sM&F] have different ideas on marriage than I and my boyfriend [22M] do.

quote:

I understand that I shouldn't care about what people think or say--but I'm realizing I'm going to be addressing more and more of these questions, and I'm looking for ways to maturely answer.

Essentially, a significant number of my friends (my age, 22) are married or getting married. I have made a few less than respectful comments, particularly about a friend who got married at 19, but I've since realized that I have to respect my friends' choices, even when I disagree.

I went to a private university with a significant Christian population. I could name 20 couples that either married this summer or are marrying next summer largely because of their Christian values (i.e., several have explicitly told me they won't have sex til marriage so they're marrying asap). A number of them have been together for less than a year, or were together for less than a year when getting engaged. While many are religious, there are even a few who aren't who married at 20.

I don't mean for this post to be about them, and I understand that there's nothing about marrying young or quickly that precludes them from happiness. Although I do not plan on marrying in the near future, I am happy for them and have resolved not to make any negative comments about it.

The issue is, it seems like that isn't a two-way street.

I've been dating my boyfriend for about a year. We're very happy together and see this as a long-term relationship that could very well turn into a marriage. But he has at least two years of school left, and I can see how much we've both grown in just the past year - and I know the next years are full of more changes and growth. We don't want to get married yet - it's barely even a conversation for us, because it's something we see as distant - 4 or 5 years down the road.

I've already been asked by friends why I'm not engaged yet, or I get comments from them about how I don't have to worry, they're sure I'll be getting a ring soon. At the moment I'm using the fact he is still in university as a reason for pushing it off, but I know that's not going to last. Plus, I'll be the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding in a few months (with my boyfriend also in attendance) and I know I'm just going to hear more then.

I think a big reason is that I was quite religious when I was younger. For me, it's faded, and I don't really think it's a good idea to marry to have sex. But I know the friends of mine who know that I live with my boyfriend think that I should want him to "make an honest woman of me" or whatever, when that isn't really something I care about like they do. I'm not comfortable telling them this, because I don't know how to say it.

How can I politely, respectfully say that I have no intention of marrying right now, especially when so many of my friends are religious and sort of expect it?

tl;dr: Friends are religious and getting married right out of college. I'm not doing that, but how do I deflect their questions and say that without judging them or renouncing they values they think I hold?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Tell them living in sin is too good to give up

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I read that topic along with the comments and the concept of "Ring before Spring" is some really backwards poo poo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ask your friends why they don’t consider you an honest woman and watch them stutter.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My parents (50sM/F) are trying to stop my boyfriend (20M) and me [19F] from having sex.Relationships

quote:

Posting on mobile, sorry in advance.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 8 months now, and sexually active for about 7. We both still live at home with parents, but his parents are much more lenient than mine and give us our privacy, so that’s basically the only place we can have sex. We only get to about once or twice a week since it’s hard to have the place to ourselves but I’m happy with it. My mom knows we have sex, my dad does not.

I’ve been attending community college (this is my second year) and I’ve been loving up. Every semester I either barely pass classes or I completely bomb. This semester I bombed all 3 that I was taking and my parents are upset, understandably. I told them I wanted to give up with school because I was tired of failing and just work my minimum wage job. My dad convinced me not to give up and to do “whatever it takes” to succeed and get back up and try again. I’m even going to talk to the counselor today to see what I can do to possibly bring up my GPA.

Unfortunately and understandably my mom is upset with me for basically flunking out this semester. The punishment she decided on is not allowing me to go to his house anymore until the next semester starts (late January). I told her that now I can’t see his family for the holidays, and it’s unreasonable. I’d understand if she didn’t want me to go out at all & be grounded as punishment. I’m still allowed to go out to dinner and whatever but I can’t go to his house.

Just some more info, there are camera’s all over in my house so we never have any privacy at my home. My parents never leave us alone in the house. We have a GPS tracking app that my family uses so I it’d be hard to sneak over there without them knowing. The only excuse I can think of is turning my phone off and saying my battery died but they’ll see right through me. Also that maybe one of his family members is having a birthday, or we want to use his jacuzzi since he has one and I don’t.

I really don’t know what to do. Do you think she’ll let up maybe? We haven’t had sex in more than 2 weeks which is a record for us and it’s my least favorite record to set. I love him very much and while this isn’t the only factor of our relationship it’s definitely a big chunk. Thanks for reading.

TLDR: My parents are trying to stop my boyfriend and I from having sex and I can’t think of any excuses.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
This doesn’t seem quite so much “won’t let us have sex” as it does “aren’t cool with me wasting money by loving up at school while I continue to live in their home rent-free.”

The cameras and location tracking are weird as gently caress, but she’s old enough to move out. If she can’t manage that, which I get, it sucks but is, essentially, what it is.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, it just comes down to whether a free ride at community college is worth living in a panopticon and being grounded like an eight year old (it isn’t).

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Me [26 M] and a colleague [27 F] had sex; she got mad after I fell for someone else and she accused me of cheating. What did I do wrong?Dating

quote:

I don’t know what exactly to flair this question with, anyway here’s what happened a few months ago and I can’t understand what should I have done.

Around a year and a half ago, I switched jobs and my work desk ended up in the same department as a lady my age. We were in different teams so our interaction was limited to small talk during lunch breaks. About a year ago, it was announced that our department would shut down and we had to move to other departments so both of us went through some stress. That’s when she would talk more to vent about her boss and the team changes. We finally moved to different departments (and different buildings) six months ago and there was a farewell party during the last day, which was when she asked for my number.

She only texted casually in the begining but then it started growing intense. She invited me home for dinner once, but I made up some excuse and didn’t go thinking that I shouldn’t get involved with someone from work. She wanted to quit the job and started applying elsewhere. One month later she invited me home again and this time I went, thinking we wouldn’t be colleagues for long. We had food and watched a movie in her bedroom. We made out and the next time we had sex. After that, we would meet either at her place or my place and have sex. We didn’t go on any dates and she didn’t ask me out and neither did she attempt to formalize any relationship.

I fell for someone else and started ignoring the colleague after I got intimate with the other girl. She called me home as was usual but I declined. Later, she asked for some help writing an essay and I obliged. She noticed a hickey on me and left abruptly without completing the essay. Few days later she saw me laughing with another female colleague (completely unrelated) and she behaved a bit strange. I texted about it and then she went mad, she accused me of cheating on her. I told her we weren’t dating, weren’t in a relationship, didn’t set anything formally, so I wasn’t cheating on her. She switched arguments and said she thought I was different, she had feelings and thought I too was into her and I hurt her.

I didn’t think I owed her any explanation about my relationship with the other girl when she didn’t even have anything to do with me other than sex. I thought she couldn’t appropriate it as a relationship by her own without my consent, so how did I even cheat on her? What should I have done better?

tl;dr: Just because we had sex doesn’t mean I was in a relationship with a girl. I didn’t cheat on her, did I?

Comedy option: report your coworker for sexual harassment. HR will not tolerate employees slutshaming each other!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

chitoryu12 posted:

Ask your friends why they don’t consider you an honest woman and watch them stutter.
This is the best answer because it will completely wreck them inside.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [26 M] and a colleague [27 F] had sex; she got mad after I fell for someone else and she accused me of cheating. What did I do wrong?Dating

Comedy option: report your coworker for sexual harassment. HR will not tolerate employees slutshaming each other!

Rule of thumb is if there hasn't been a conversation there shouldn't be an expectation but it can still be nice to make your endgame clear if you're trying to avoid hurt feelings.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm the 26 yo man with a hickey

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

lemon-lyme disease posted:

This doesn’t seem quite so much “won’t let us have sex” as it does “aren’t cool with me wasting money by loving up at school while I continue to live in their home rent-free.”

The cameras and location tracking are weird as gently caress, but she’s old enough to move out. If she can’t manage that, which I get, it sucks but is, essentially, what it is.

Depends on the cameras, security cameras are pretty common these days and I would believe more for security than stalking their daughter. Location tracking, ehhhhhhhhh...... I think it is weird but if they bought her her cellphone and are paying the phone bill and she is living at home rent free I think they have the right even if I find it strange.

Don't like your parents silly rules? You are 19, get your own loving place.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Three Olives posted:

Depends on the cameras, security cameras are pretty common these days and I would believe more for security than stalking their daughter. Location tracking, ehhhhhhhhh...... I think it is weird but if they bought her her cellphone and are paying the phone bill and she is living at home rent free I think they have the right even if I find it strange.

Don't like your parents silly rules? You are 19, get your own loving place.
Your gimmick is as bad here as it is everywhere else.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i (20/f) hooked up with another girl (18) 2 days ago and she is a neo-nazi.

hi, this is my first time posting something like this.

to start off, i want to give a little backstory about myself. im a 20 year old college student who has a room to myself and i tend to be a bit of a recluse. im very shy and i barely ever talk as im currently in my 3rd month of my transition (male -> female) and very embarassed and ashamed.

ive been very lonely so i decided to make an online dating profile and i ended up getting messaged by another mtf woman (2 years younger than me) and she ended up driving 2 hours to come see me.

we had some "intimate" time and it was my first experience letting someone get close to my body. afterwards, she sorta dropped some info i wasnt expecting and explained to me that she has aspergers and tourettes and she's a white supremacist/neo-nazi and that if they find out that she's trans then they will kill her.

i really didnt know what to say so i just kinda avoided asking any questions or confronting her. we've been together for 2 days and she says she loves me and that im beautiful and cute. im feeling really overwhelmed because shes kinda crazy and also acts immature sometimes and its getting on my nerves.
she's staying a third night and plans to stay as many as possible until i say no i guess. i feel like im being manipulated or used. i dont know.

i heard her crying in the bathroom and i knocked on the door and asked if shes ok but she got really defensive and said she's strong and she never cries. i told her its okay to cry and that she can talk to me about it but she just wanted to drop the subject.

i dont know what to do.. this is too crazy for me. i have enough anxiety and depression to deal with. i feel like im going to get trapped in a hosed up relationship. im really not ready for this.

tl;dr i (20/f) hooked up with a white supremacist neo-nazi transwoman with aspergers and tourettes and its sorta become a weird relationship. i have no idea what to do. i feel really uncomfortable and anxious.

Last night I fell for a Nazi trap...

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

MF_James posted:

I'm the 26 yo man with a hickey

to be fair having your neck kissed feels really good

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

maskenfreiheit posted:

to be fair having your neck kissed feels really good

Except, you don't get hickeys from kissing, you get hickeys from sucking.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

MF_James posted:

Except, you don't get hickeys from kissing, you get hickeys from sucking.

No wonder I have so many.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

You know what? Nazi trans girl is 18, severely hosed up, and already realizes that her cohorts want to murder her. Maybe some time hanging out with a non-nazi would cure her if it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

You know what? Nazi trans girl is 18, severely hosed up, and already realizes that her cohorts want to murder her. Maybe some time hanging out with a non-nazi would cure her if it.

I'm not sure that someone who's capable of becoming a Neo-Nazi despite being someone on the Nazi kill list in multiple ways has problems that are capable of being fixed by hanging out with different people.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Get her to one of those non Nazi therapists

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm not sure that someone who's capable of becoming a Neo-Nazi despite being someone on the Nazi kill list in multiple ways has problems that are capable of being fixed by hanging out with different people.

Help! I'm a celiac and allergic to peanuts and bees, should I keep hanging out at the flour factory with the peanut butter making bee keepers? I'm really loving stupid you see.

Oh wait, I got a better one:

Help! I'm a trans girl with aspergers and tourettes, should I keep hanging out with neo-nazis? I'm extremely loving stupid you see.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 9, 2017

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but doctor, i am the bee!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Thanksgiving is coming up. This guy just needs to train like crazy until then. Show up in full WWE style gear and beat the poo poo out of this teenage girl. Problem solved!

Nothing says "Holidays!" like a Stone Cold Stunner!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Should I [21F] tell my 5 month bf [24M] that I slept with his married brother?

quote:

tldr: slept with boyfriend's married brother before I was with my boyfriend, when should he know? ever?

I met his brother [26] about 17 months ago, flirted with him for a while, though knew he was married because we met through his wife. Turns out he was in an open marriage, and she gave permission, so we were fwb for about 6 months.

One day while I was round his house and his wife was away, before we could get up to anything his brother showed up unexpectedly. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what was going on. But he was great, funny, sweet, and very into me. One thing led to another... we became friends with benefits, then caught feelings, and now we've been together for 5 months. Called it off with his brother before we were even really together.

I feel very guilty about not being able to be honest with my boyfriend. I'd feel better if he knew everything and could make his decisions based off that. But at the same time I don't want to betray his brother's unconventional marriage. He's made it pretty clear nobody can know, but he also says he shares everything with his brother and that he never judges, so maybe he already knows? He's avoided the question so far, so I don't know how far I would be betraying him. Right now I feel like I'm betraying both somehow.

So. Should I tell my boyfriend what happened?

Tell him over Thanksgiving dinner as you, the brother, and his wife start undressing each other. :getin:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Doggles posted:

Tell him over Thanksgiving dinner as you, the brother, and his wife start undressing each other. :getin:

Nothing says family holidays quite like :murder:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Rule of thumb is if there hasn't been a conversation there shouldn't be an expectation but it can still be nice to make your endgame clear if you're trying to avoid hurt feelings.

Yeah it's a little on both of them, it sounds like she just assumed they were in a relationship and... I mean... I'm not an old fashioned guy but a lot of people do think "regularly meeting up, eating, talking, hanging out, and loving" is being in a relationship.

From the timeline though I'm guessing she's been into him for a while and was really looking forward to splitting departments so they could finally date, she probably had her fantasy all planned out like so many dudes do in those posts where they daydream about a girl forever and she's just not into them.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doggles posted:

Oh hey something more my expertise !

Though I'll skip explaining any of this dumb poo poo by pointing out she should just ask the older brother how much the now BF brother knows. That would be simple and if people doing open poo poo kept it simple they wouldn't post to reddit :v:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

LethalGeek posted:

Oh hey something more my expertise !

Though I'll skip explaining any of this dumb poo poo by pointing out she should just ask the older brother how much the now BF brother knows. That would be simple and if people doing open poo poo kept it simple they wouldn't post to reddit :v:

Seriously how hard is it.

"Does your brother know we hosed? He does? Okay cool thanks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Comcast shut off my internet because they say I am dead, don’t know what my next steps should be

quote:

First time posting, and on mobile because of shut off internet service.

Last Saturday Comcast shut off my internet without any notification. When I called in to figure out why internet wasn’t working, they told me they closed the account because of my death. I explained that as far as I knew I was not dead, and they told me I would need to travel an hour away to the nearest Comcast building and show them my ID to get my account opened again.

I called back and asked if there was another way, and they led me through verification and reinstated my account. Everything was great again.

Fast forward to today, and they shut it down again. I called in and apparently the person who reinstated it wasn’t supposed to.

At this point, I have two questions: 1) Am I entitled to reimbursement for travel costs or internet payment while it was shut off?

2) What steps should I take to deal with the original issue that I was deactivated due to my death? Does that mean my identity has been stolen, or something else? How can I avoid this any the future?

Thanks!

I am in Oregon, USA

UPDATE After shutting off my internet yesterday, I received a bill for $20 more then usual for this month’s internet. I am calling them now to get an explanation.

UPDATE 2 Got in contact again today, got more info about why this happened. Apparently they tried to mail me something and the post office told them I was deceased. I have taken time off work tomorrow to go in and show them my ID, and I tried to call the post office before work today and was greeted by a one hour hold time. Going to call them tomorrow and see why they reported me as dead to comcast.

And thank you everyone for your advice! I really appreciate this community!

Oh you’re dead? That’s an extra $20.