Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm a little torn between the 5% cdr to everything or the 10% movement speed towards slowed enemies and allies, that 10% would be up almost permanently in every fight but 5% CDR to everything...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's not as exciting as everything else but my favorite rune so far is Demolish giving tanks tower killing pressure

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

henkman posted:

It's not as exciting as everything else but my favorite rune so far is Demolish giving tanks tower killing pressure

it's been incredible when i've played support leona. get a kill and chunk the tower super hard.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

it's been incredible when i've played support leona. get a kill and chunk the tower super hard.

Riot Games: What if anyone could be Rift Herald?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Scorch seems to be a good stand in for DFT. Scorch seems to be good on everything.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Tried the new rune system and olaf is garbage now.

This loving sucks

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
After a grand total of 3 games on the new rune system, I have a hastily formed opinion: offensive runes seem way more powerful than tanky stuff. I'm going tanky initiation supports like Leona and naut and I feel I'm just melting instantly now, instead of hanging round for a bit CCing people

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i dont know about that, leona seems super powerful and is the second highest support in plat+ on this patch according to lolalytics. The highest is sona.

My main problem is everyone wants to play assassins now and you get many teams who have no idea what a teamfight is, just an akali diving in 1v5 forever.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Tonight I'm going to play Summoner's Rift for the first time in like a year.

Have people figured out who's insanely broken with the new rune system yet because preseason hijinx are the best hijinx.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aerox posted:

Tonight I'm going to play Summoner's Rift for the first time in like a year.

Have people figured out who's insanely broken with the new rune system yet because preseason hijinx are the best hijinx.

apparently udyr and leona are really good i guess, idk

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ezreal with klepto is great as well

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

What is everyone taking on Udyr to make him suddenly good again

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Demolish is definitely the best feeling tank ability, but sadly it competes with things that can actually help you survive or effect teamfights and a 45 second cooldown means you only get to use it once before your team loses interest in being grouped and splits off.

The lack of easy access to meditation for mana regen is starting to hurt though.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Demolish is definitely the best feeling tank ability, but sadly it competes with things that can actually help you survive or effect teamfights and a 45 second cooldown means you only get to use it once before your team loses interest in being grouped and splits off.

Just play Cho'gath and split push with your 7k hp and 2000 damage tower shots.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rygar201 posted:

I assume speed boots.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

misguided rage posted:

I assume speed boots.

The Gotta Go Fast keystone? I'll have to try it out

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

For anyone wanting to give Udyr a whirl, the things-to-take are:

Precision (Primary)
- Lethal Tempo
- Triumph
- Legend: Alacrity/Tenacty (depending on enemy comp)
- Coup de Grace

Sorcery (Secondary) {Option 1}
- Celerity
- Waterwalking

Domination (Secondary) {Option 2}
- Cheap Shot
- Relentless Hunter

Start Machete + Bead, get Tiamat then TF >> Sterakk's more fat stuff. Don't finish a jungle item unless you really want to (probably green). Kill all the dudes.

Personally I like Option 1 secondaries better since you want to be the marauder looking for tons of opportunities to murder enemies (and the synergy if you get into battles in the river is nice). Celerity + your passive + bear stance usually means your opening bops on the head also hurt, so life's great. Second option is ok, too, but I feel like it's less effective overall.

Go forth and shred your enemies.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Yessss. Heads will be bopped

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Leona is absolutely unkillable with Aftershock, idk what you’re talking about melting instantly

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Leona is absolutely unkillable with Aftershock, idk what you’re talking about melting instantly

Aftershock seems to be the only good resolve keystone right now, so I worry for any future nerfs to it weakening tanks overall.

Grasp will have +100 health on it by 30 minutes if your lucky, also heavily depends on you having a opponent you can get up close to repeatedly, good luck against teemo.
Guardian is for support and has some nice effects, but can go off on it's own with a long cooldown if you don't avoid standing near or healing your adc until your ready to use it, probably good for chasing down people with a coordinated duo.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Aftershock seems to be the only good resolve keystone right now, so I worry for any future nerfs to it weakening tanks overall.

Grasp will have +100 health on it by 30 minutes if your lucky, also heavily depends on you having a opponent you can get up close to repeatedly, good luck against teemo.
Guardian is for support and has some nice effects, but can go off on it's own with a long cooldown if you don't avoid standing near or healing your adc until your ready to use it, probably good for chasing down people with a coordinated duo.
I've been routinely able to get ~150 HP out of grasp in 20-30 minute games top-side.

The only thing annoying about it right now is that it tracks total damage done, total HP restored, and HP gained rather than a useful number like how much damage it will deal and how much HP it will restore (in addition to HP gained).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not sure what they were thinking with the "free" boot rune compared to the free stopwatch rune.

With one you get -15 movement speed boots only after 10 minutes with -30 sec for every kill that you can upgrade to not-poo poo boots for 250g instead of 300g.

Or you can take stopwatch and sell it for 120g at 6 minutes and use that to buy actual not-poo poo boots or use it towards a 600g discount on items that nearly everyone has a good use for.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

el dingo posted:

After a grand total of 3 games on the new rune system, I have a hastily formed opinion: offensive runes seem way more powerful than tanky stuff. I'm going tanky initiation supports like Leona and naut and I feel I'm just melting instantly now, instead of hanging round for a bit CCing people

I played a game as Garen and felt unkillable, but maybe that had more to do with the enemy lineup being Sona, Nunu, Brand, (Ashe), Nami

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Not sure what they were thinking with the "free" boot rune compared to the free stopwatch rune.

With one you get -15 movement speed boots only after 10 minutes with -30 sec for every kill that you can upgrade to not-poo poo boots for 250g instead of 300g.

Or you can take stopwatch and sell it for 120g at 6 minutes and use that to buy actual not-poo poo boots or use it towards a 600g discount on items that nearly everyone has a good use for.

The slightly magical boots are +10 MS compared to brown boots.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rygar201 posted:

last patch gave Udyr 200% bonus(?) AD scaling on Tiger Stance so if he catches you in any way he pops tiger form and you're dead

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

The slightly magical boots are +10 MS compared to brown boots.

Alright that's not so bad then, saves you 350g and is a decent pickup on the likes of supports or riven.

From the description it sounded like they were below regular boots.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You clearly misread magical boots, since the boots you get have +10 MS (which persists through upgraded boots), and then the 50g discount on upgrade cost. So you save 350g and get a permanent +10 MS boost which is another 120g in stats (which isn't really properly quantified since you can't just buy a second pair of boots for more MS).

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Monathin posted:

last patch gave Udyr 200% bonus(?) AD scaling on Tiger Stance so if he catches you in any way he pops tiger form and you're dead

Incorrect. His Q now scales up to 180% total AD ratio (before it was 160%) while simultaneously increasing his base AD growth to 5 per level (from 3.2). His Q does a little bit more per level, but overall does more because he just has more AD at all levels.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Arcane Comet, Scorch, Mana Bond Malphite support is hilarious.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

CubeTheory posted:

Arcane Comet, Scorch, Mana Bond Malphite support is hilarious.

My buddy is bad and loves support makphite. I know what I’m doing tonight

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mikujin posted:

Incorrect. His Q now scales up to 180% total AD ratio (before it was 160%) while simultaneously increasing his base AD growth to 5 per level (from 3.2). His Q does a little bit more per level, but overall does more because he just has more AD at all levels.

yeah okay that'd be the exact reason why, either way it's EXTREMELY stupid and permabanning Udyr is legit

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

You clearly misread magical boots, since the boots you get have +10 MS (which persists through upgraded boots), and then the 50g discount on upgrade cost. So you save 350g and get a permanent +10 MS boost which is another 120g in stats (which isn't really properly quantified since you can't just buy a second pair of boots for more MS).

Yeah, in my defense they don't say in the description the +10 MS is permanent or that slightly magic boots are the same tier as boots of speed and not a tier below.

Would of been better if it said: at 10 minutes -takedown time, you get boots of speed and a permanent +10 movement on your boots and 50g off your future boot upgrade.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 9, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Monathin posted:

yeah okay that'd be the exact reason why, either way it's EXTREMELY stupid and permabanning Udyr is legit
It's like everyone forgot that Udyr's biggest weakness is any slow. You don't need to ban him if you know how to play anyone with an easy-to-apply slow. He wasn't over-performing before the rune updates, and while I don't know how he's doing afterwards I'd be confidant in saying any perceived increase in performance is due to him having solid base stats and a reliable clear regardless of runes - where a ton of other junglers have more specific jungle strats.

For example, Jungle Ekko just plain doesn't work right now unless you enjoy getting bodied by the enemy jungler forever.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, in my defense they don't say in the description the +10 MS is permanent or that slightly magic boots are the same tier as boots of speed and not a tier below.

Would of been better if it said: at 10 minutes -takedown time, you get boots of speed and a permanent +10 movement on your boots and 50g off your future boot upgrade.
It does in the expanded description, which is not the one you see first, which - I agree - is a dumb thing.

:ninja: Magical Boots are actually a higher tier boots of speed at all stages, which makes them rad as heck on anyone who can afford to wait to get them (most top laners, some highly mobile junglers who are not reliant on right click movement).

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
They’re great bot too

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

It does in the expanded description, which is not the one you see first, which - I agree - is a dumb thing.

:ninja: Magical Boots are actually a higher tier boots of speed at all stages, which makes them rad as heck on anyone who can afford to wait to get them (most top laners, some highly mobile junglers who are not reliant on right click movement).

Way I read "slightly magic boots give you an additional +10 movement speed and upgrade for 50g less" was that boots were +10 movement speed and you'd upgrade them to +25 boots of speed for 250g, even the advanced description doesn't mention you keep the +10 movement speed on upgraded boots.

For the description, I hit that box that shows the detailed description, but it's very annoying that the box unchecks itself every time you go to runes.

The +10 permanent movement is a real big deal about that choice and it's sorta buried.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/TabzzLoL/status/928667494226759682

the more things change, the more things stay the same

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ok, cool

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Earlier today, the free stopwatch rune was giving me a 600g discount on items despite saying in the description it would be a 300g discount, I just went to test it again in a practice game and it's giving the 300g discount it's supposed to, did it get a hotfix today?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Slight update from earlier: get blue smite after Tiamat/Boots. Blue Smite actually triggers the start-up time on Tempo so you can blue smite into stun into tempo-speed tiger punches and absolutely shred people. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Do multiple people with demolish get to proc it at once? Or is it a per turret CD?

• Locked thread