Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

tminz posted:

You made like 70% on a penny stock...there should be no conflict! GTFO of that position.

OTOH, sell enough to eliminate your cost basis and then long baby, long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

OTOH, sell enough to eliminate your cost basis and then long baby, long.

Pffft, look at this guy playing it safe. Now is the time to buy even more! Just be sure to sell it before it goes down again. Easy peasy.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Is that so, Google Finance?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I noticed this morning that all of the top gainers were listed at those obscene percentages. It reminds me of a few months ago when Google Finance claimed something like Burger King was increasing at 20% per day for several weeks.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Had a sell limit at 2.25 for my poo poo, which just triggered. Of course now poo poo's rocketing. It's at 2.35 now :suicide:

--edit: This poo poo better not go higher by EOW. :mad:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pffft, look at this guy playing it safe. Now is the time to buy even more! Just be sure to sell it before it goes down again. Easy peasy.

That's why you get the WILD CARDS gang tag and I get the 401(k)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Motherfucker, 2.50 now!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Combat Pretzel posted:

Motherfucker, 2.50 now!

You want me to buy some so it crashes?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Combat Pretzel posted:

Motherfucker, 2.50 now!

You're never going to buy at the bottom or sell at the peak. That was still a good gain on a risky play. :homebrew:

Edit: 70m market cap!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
LSCC poppin nicely today. Someone buyout RAD tia

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

LLCoolJD posted:

You're never going to buy at the bottom or sell at the peak. That was still a good gain on a risky play. :homebrew:

Edit: 70m market cap!

Ya this.

But also it's good to know what a trailing stop is.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

You want me to buy some so it crashes?
Thanks I guess. :v:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

EBIX yeah make daddy rich, ooohh cum everywhere

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Arkane where you at my goon, where is your short thesis for me to poop on

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
AMD / INTC intrigue got a little deeper: http://fortune.com/2017/11/08/intel-gpu-raja-koduri-amd/

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Combat Pretzel posted:

Jesus Christ, ONCS went from 1.25 yesterday to ~2.15 currently, apparently mostly based on the new CEO that got hired. And they're going to reveal some medical trial data on Saturday, that's supposedly very promising. I'm so goddamn conflicted, because I went in at 1.32 a couple of days ago.

its not rocket science - take profits :raise:

EDIT:

tminz posted:

You made like 70% on a penny stock...there should be no conflict! GTFO of that position.
YES!!!

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Now is the time to buy even more! Just be sure to sell it before it goes down again. Easy peasy.

lol this should be in the threads OP FAQ for newcomers :buddy: :homebrew:

Chicory
Nov 11, 2004

Behold the cuteness.

Jack Daniels posted:

lol this should be in the threads OP FAQ for newcomers :buddy: :homebrew:

An update from the original post in 2010 for us newbies would be nice. :)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im not sure if this is the place, but I am receiving equity as part of my employment with a tech start up. What are some questions to ask or things to be aware of? Idk dick about this

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 9, 2017

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Im not sure if this is the place, but I am recline equity as part of my employment with a tech start up. What are some questions to ask or things to be aware of? Idk dick about this

It's not called reclining when you're bending forward.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Waroduce posted:

Im not sure if this is the place, but I am receiving equity as part of my employment with a tech start up. What are some questions to ask or things to be aware of? Idk dick about this

I would ask if the equity includes recourse liabilities.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

I would ask if the equity includes recourse liabilities.

Could tell me a little about that? Google returns a bunch of poo poo about house loans

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Waroduce posted:

I would try the long-term investing thread for this question.

This thread is for... special content.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Equity can mean a lot of things, including responsibility for bills that don't get paid when the poo poo explodes. We have no idea what type of equity you are talking about or how big your startup is. This tread is mostly about publicly traded equity so we probably don't know anything about it anyway but that doesn't stop me from recommending and not recommending things.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Waroduce posted:

I'd ask in here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768531&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I will move on over to long term I guess thank you

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guys, we could have at least told him to buy GBTC and SNAP before he left.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
7 tax brackets in the Senate tax bill and full elimination of state and local tax deduction. Doubles the estate tax exemption. Literal direct transfer of wealth from middle class to 1%. Corporate tax cut delayed at least a year, when they likely won't even hold the house anymore. Total failure. #SAD

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 9, 2017

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That's why everything was red today?

--edit: vvv The gently caress, I missed out on that a second time?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 9, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ROKU up 54%

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

greasyhands posted:

7 tax brackets in the Senate tax bill and full elimination of state and local tax deduction. Doubles the estate tax exemption. Literal direct transfer of wealth from middle class to 1%. Corporate tax cut delayed at least a year, when they likely won't even hold the house anymore. Total failure. #SAD

The numbers I was seeing showed marginal to no tax reductions to the middle class and more tax reductions to the high-income brackets. It's not a "direct transfer of wealth" from the middle class to the 1%. It's the prevention of the transfer of wealth from the 1% to everyone else. I'm not saying it's necessarily a healthy change to taxation but this visual of the 1% stealing from the middle class is just wrong. They already have the wealth. They're just rigging it so that they pay less in taxes on it than many feel is proper.

Staggering, isn't it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

We could've bought into ROKU below 20 anytime in the last 2 weeks. Closed at 29.19 today.

I definitely remember looking at this week's earnings reports but I don't remember thinking about ROKU. Too concerned with my NVDA I guess. They just reported blockbuster earnings but no movement AH.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well gently caress I just bought a Roku yesterday

Wish I'd bought $ROKU instead

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Roku has a fantastic moat, no competition at all. Great earnings and bright outlook.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

vaginal facsimile posted:

Roku has a fantastic moat, no competition at all. Great earnings and bright outlook.

What does roku have that's not baked into practically every tv sold in the last 3 years, chromecast, and most game consoles?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

What is Roku's most? Being a cheaper alternative to Apple TV?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

shame on an IGA posted:

What does roku have that's not baked into practically every tv sold in the last 3 years, chromecast, and most game consoles?

I want to know this too. How is it better then a smart TV

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Goodpancakes posted:

I want to know this too. How is it better then a smart TV
Hisense and TCL tv's actually have Roku inside them! :wth:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Because Smart TVs never get updates and have bad interfaces. Netflix doesn't work on ours anymore, Amazon about a fourth of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

LLCoolJD posted:

The numbers I was seeing showed marginal to no tax reductions to the middle class and more tax reductions to the high-income brackets. It's not a "direct transfer of wealth" from the middle class to the 1%. It's the prevention of the transfer of wealth from the 1% to everyone else. I'm not saying it's necessarily a healthy change to taxation but this visual of the 1% stealing from the middle class is just wrong. They already have the wealth. They're just rigging it so that they pay less in taxes on it than many feel is proper.

Staggering, isn't it.

Well maybe you are still looking at the bullshit numbers that don't resemble the actual plan that is starting to take shape? It's a complete disaster. Not only is it a tax *raise* on the middle class, it's a budget wrecking, deficit widening indirect attack on government programs which will lead to cuts (this has been the unofficial Republican strategy for decades now), which of course disproportionately affects the middle and lower classes. So yes, it absolutely is a transfer of wealth.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/opinion/tax-plan-middle-class.html

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 9, 2017