Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hell yeah, we're getting Big Mike & Jeff Cobb! :woop:
e:

Benne posted:

So happy to see my brother, the monster Jeff Cobb, teaming with Big Mike
RIP You!

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want mike and jeff to throw kawato back and forth across the ring for like 10 minutes

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

If you want to see two guys from Winnipeg fight you can come on over and talk about hockey.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can anyone tell me about this please?

code:

Error
code:0
I can watch NJPW world on my phone - but on my desktop I get that error.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

KungFu Grip posted:

Keith Lee is tagging with Nagata against BUSHI and Naito at one of the RevPro shows. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised to hear talk of Keith Lee getting a NJPW run at some point next year.

There's very few guys on the indies or in the NJPW/CMLL/ROH union that I want to go to WWE, but Keith Lee kind of is one of them. I see him doing really well there and actually upping his game in their system, weird as that may sound to some.

Cobb coming in is perfect though and hopefully leads to more. And hopefully Big Mike can get more dates/a new contract in the future because he's only interesting to me when he's in Japan.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
keith lee needs to be in new japan because we need the rain maker pull out shot for every spirit bomb

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

code:

Error

Are you running chromeOS or some type of restricted browser? It’s all html5 so you’ve probably got weird browser settings or a conflicting browser plugin.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

code:

Error

This has happened to me a few times. The first time it was fixed by restarting my computer. The next time it started happening, a couple months later, I had to re-install Chrome to fix it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/status/928319508456058881

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They've started providing English translation for the post match comments. The Suzuki/Goto one was really cool and completely turned me around on not wanting to see that match again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAI-3yQmZOA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The subtitled promos are a godsend, I hope they keep doing that

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Baron Corbyn posted:

They've started providing English translation for the post match comments. The Suzuki/Goto one was really cool and completely turned me around on not wanting to see that match again.

I was worried that subtitles would make these guys less cool, but I was completely wrong.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Benne posted:

The subtitled promos are a godsend, I hope they keep doing that
it really is one of the last pieces needed for me to fully engage with the storylines and such. even if we are getting subtitled promos/post match stuff after the fact, still love to have it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

MassRafTer posted:

Getting 40,000 people in the building would only be an increase of a few thousand. They still paper but announce the paid.

Is that correct? I could have sworn i heard on WOR that actual attendance last year was already above 40k. Anyone know the actual attendance?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ospreay keeps saying his shoulder was up.

So, uh.

Was it?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

sigmachiev posted:

Is that correct? I could have sworn i heard on WOR that actual attendance last year was already above 40k. Anyone know the actual attendance?

Paid was 26,192, and I think sponsored tickets brought it up to like 35-36,000 people in the building total.

Also when the hell did they add a JST clock in the banner of World, that's incredibly nifty and much easier than trying to piece together when the hell a show is airing based on your time zone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sigmachiev posted:

I think Dave said that was their goal for this year, I believe he's said the total number in the building was 36-37ish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hope World gets Ishii/Lee from the Rev Pro show cause by all reports it's supposed to be great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave talks about Jericho/Kenny in the Observer, basically confirming what was said by Satin (TL;DR Jericho saw the attention Floyd/Conor got and thought it was because it was 2 top guys in a fight fans never thought they'd see, he talked with Callis and things snowballed)

Notable is Dave says Kenny's contract is up Jan 31 again

quote:

but unlike last year, there’s little talk of him leaving.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two days after the Rumble, who cares. :rolleyes:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

Ospreay keeps saying his shoulder was up.

So, uh.

Was it?

Not from any angle I could see.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Chris James 2 posted:

Notable is Dave says Kenny's contract is up Jan 31 again "but unlike last year, there’s little talk of him leaving."

This time around he's explicitly said he won't.

The article is in Japanese but includes quotes from Kenny to the effect of, "I don't know why [the WWE] can't get it through their heads that I'm staying here... I've turned down any contact from them so many times, I guess they're sending someone to try and beat me in person... WWE wants a dick-measuring contest where they can say, 'we're the major leagues,' but that way of thinking is too black-and-white. In this world, there isn't just 'major' and 'minor' - there's Kenny Omega, who's way beyond that. I'm absolutely staying here. New Japan is where wrestlers can really be true to themselves. I want to show the world how great it is."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
1. David Finlay pinned Katsuya Kitamura in 5:32. **
2. Young Bucks beat Titan & Dragon Lee in 7:10. ***1/4
3. Jushin Liger & Juice Robinson & Tiger Mask & Hirai Kawato & Kushida beat Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi & Desperado & Taka Michinoku in 5:19. **3/4
4. Togi Makabe & Hiroyoshi Tenzan& Satoshi Kojima beat Cody & Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens in 8:11. **
5. Sho & Yoh won the Super Juniors tournament beating ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi in 15:51. ***1/4
6. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi & Gedo beat Tetsuya Naito & Evil & Seiya Sanada & Bushi & Hiromu Takahashi in 12:07. ***1/4
7. Minoru Suzuki beat Toru Yano in 15:21. *3/4
8. Marty Scurll beat Will Ospreay to win the IWGP jr. title in 17:28. ****1/4
9. Kenny Omega beat Baretta to retain the U.S. title in 21:34. ****½
10. Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Kota Ibushi in 29:26 to retain the IC title. ****3/4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pfft, Hiroshi Tanahashi can't even manage a single 6 star match in a year... :rolleyes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/928988102663819264

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/928986849854607360

Keith Lee needs to be in G1 next year god drat.

Ishii is having a year that would get him wrestler of the year almost any other year and he probably won't even make top 5

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Bullet Club member...

https://twitter.com/hurdle_jake/status/929305674307190784?s=17

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/929536935353188352

Honma took his first bump since the injury today, in the Dojo.

He cried after he did it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I used to care so much about Honma :sigh:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

I used to care so much about Honma :sigh:

Have we heard about Shibata's status anytime recently? I care a lot more about him being able to walk properly than anything Honma related.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sanguinia posted:

Have we heard about Shibata's status anytime recently? I care a lot more about him being able to walk properly than anything Honma related.

Not recently. He walked out to the ring at the G1 Final in August and said a couple words on the mic. Last I remember seeing was a Tweet (?) In which he talked about rehab not going as well as he would have liked. I feel like that was at least a month ago.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
four and a half star trent, hell yeah

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Keith Lee would be awesome in new japan, he's an absolute tank

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With floor seats almost sold out (happening way earlier than usual), Wrestle Kingdom 12 is on track to be the most successful Tokyo Dome wrestling show in 12 years

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

could have just linked Evan's tweet

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also couldn't you just say the most successful WK ever? I know the Dome shows predate the WK name, but it would be true, unless New Japan ran the place outside of January in the last decade?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Gaz-L posted:

Also couldn't you just say the most successful WK ever? I know the Dome shows predate the WK name, but it would be true, unless New Japan ran the place outside of January in the last decade?

The whole point is that NJPW is trying to climb back up to the glory days of the 90's Dome shows

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Wonder if the strong advance will give them incentive to amp up the sizzle a little more. Entrances have been a little more low key the last couple years and especially compared to the batshit 2014 show (Devitt zombie demon, Marty Friedman playing out Tanahashi, the Nakamura poledancer entrance, etc.)

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

sigmachiev posted:

Wonder if the strong advance will give them incentive to amp up the sizzle a little more. Entrances have been a little more low key the last couple years and especially compared to the batshit 2014 show (Devitt zombie demon, Marty Friedman playing out Tanahashi, the Nakamura poledancer entrance, etc.)

Naito killing Okada's dinosaur is the only thing that might get him booed at the Dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God I forgot about Okada's dinosaur :vince:

• Locked thread