Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

jivjov posted:

Were I️ a betting man, I️ would put money on:
2019: Episode IX
2020: Rian 1
2021: _______: A Star Wars Story
2022: Rian 2
2023: ______: A Star Wars Story
2024: Rian 3
2025: Episode X

That'll give us a good solid breather from Episodic Skywalker Saga, but also give us the standalone spinoffs (fill in the blanks with Obi-Wan/Fett/Jabba/whatever)

Makes sense to me. Throw in an Obi-Wan and Solo sequel and I think that would work. Daisy is a 25 year old playing a 19 year old. She would be around 33 when a X would hit with that airing structure, and they could easily set it 15-20 years after IX.

Apparently Bob Iger announced on the conference call that a new Star Wars series will also be hitting with their new streaming service. Unclear if it's live action or animated.

As for the era, I'm guessing Old Republic, or a dedicated scum and villainy set trilogy. They pointedly say though that's it's from an era not covered before. Maybe TLJ sets up the origins of the Force and the Jedi, and this trilogy will feature that. We never went that far back in the EU in any developed way.

Teek fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I honestly just hope they don't go full Marvel and start putting out 2-3 of these a year.With how homogenized the MCU is feeling these days, I don't want to burn out on Star Wars. Annual is fine, especially with staggered releases of ongoing plots and spinoffs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I would love if they redesign the whole Old Republic aesthetic to reflect that it takes place thousands of years before the current era of the franchise. Maybe guns still use bullets, vehicles still use wheels, energy shields does not exist, and AI is just being invented.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

put in vibroblades or I riot

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

jivjov posted:

I️ hope it is temporally distant from the Saga as we know it. Either far past or distant future.

Yeah this. I want something entirely original and unexplored.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

put in vibroblades or I riot

:same:

I'd be so jazzed (jizzed?) if they did something like the Great Sith War and Mandalorian Wars.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

teagone posted:

Yeah this. I want something entirely original and unexplored.

Oh wait, the press release straight up says this lmao.

quote:

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

This rules out Old Republic content yeah?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's literally over two millennia of space between The Old Republic and the Prequel Trilogy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Teek posted:

HOLY poo poo. Awesome. Lucasfilm must be super hype on TLJ.

gently caress you Ram Bergman! You ruined this too?

Wait....

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

teagone posted:

Oh wait, the press release straight up says this lmao.

This rules out Old Republic content yeah?
"That Star Wars lore has never explored before" could just be marketing talk with an implied "in the new canon". They've done that a few times before.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I think they're just saying "it's not gonna be related to any of the previous trilogies"

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017
It could take place in the Unknown Regions since that has come up a lot in new canon. It's where both Thrawn and Snoke are from. I think the concept was created by Timmothy Zahn but its never been explored aside from mentions.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A trilogy entirelt from the perspective of the Yuzon Vong

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Roth posted:

A trilogy entirelt from the perspective of the Yuzon Vongporg

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

jivjov posted:

There's literally over two millennia of space between The Old Republic and the Prequel Trilogy.

:golfclap:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Yuzon Porg

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Teek posted:

As for the era, I'm guessing Old Republic, or a dedicated scum and villainy set trilogy. They pointedly say though that's it's from an era not covered before. Maybe TLJ sets up the origins of the Force and the Jedi, and this trilogy will feature that. We never went that far back in the EU in any developed way.

OH YES WE DID

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Dawn+of+the+Jedi

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The last Jedi must be really good.

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

euphronius posted:

The last Jedi must be really good.

It must be a faithful remake of Empire Strikes Back!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm, when Tom Petty died I could have made a Last DJedi joke in this thread or something, big miss opportunity.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Disney will have dug themselves into a pretty big hole if the reception of TLJ is anything less than stellar.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
New prequel trilogy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The long-rumored concept of a live action Star Wars TV series is apparently going to finally happen to time with the launch of Disney's new streaming service in 2019

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-disney-streaming-service/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Milky Moor posted:

New prequel trilogy.

Gotta find out how Shmi Skywalker became a slave! Eleven from Stranger Things can play her!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I hope they adapt that scene from the old republic where it's actually just Gondor soldiers

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Does this mean TLJ is good good or like...Marvel/Disney The Avengers good?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

Disney will have dug themselves into a pretty big hole if the reception of TLJ is anything less than stellar.

What do you think the chances of that are.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

porfiria posted:

Does this mean TLJ is good good or like...Marvel/Disney The Avengers good?

Gonna go with good good since all Star Wars movies are almost guaranteed to be Di$ney good.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The long-rumored concept of a live action Star Wars TV series is apparently going to finally happen to time with the launch of Disney's new streaming service in 2019

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-disney-streaming-service/

Time to dust off those Underworld scripts!

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Wandle Cax posted:

Last time I checked, in space you get stellar reception.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I look forward to the Rian directed Salacious Crumb: A Star Wars Trilogy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sith Happens: A Young Sheev Story

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
Looking forward to the tale of iconic character Elan Sleezebaggano :smuggo:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Yuuzhan Vong Wars. A three part epic directed by Rian Johnson.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jokes n jokes n jokes.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/928756341908430848

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm pretty confident that TLJ will be more than a modest success and make Disney a goodly amount of bank.

But I'm not "announce a new trilogy chained to the film's director" confident.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
In other Star Wars news, my wife took me to Adult Night at LEGOLand and it's Star Wars theme night!

The little model of Kansas City has been taken over by the empire!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There have got to be some heavy subtext there what with the WW1 museum and all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The MSJ posted:

Heh, that's just the best pic I️ had with Star Wars stuff in frame. There was a lightsaber-wielding batter at Kauffman Stadium, the Echo Base shield generator set up on a grassy hill, and a handful of starships flying overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Holy poo poo. I had to look up real pictures and it still looks like straight up cock-and-balls. Definitely worthy of the Star Wars thread.