Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

FMguru posted:

Drag it all into the sunshine. Name and shame.

"Let all the poison that lurks in the mud, hatch out." - I, Claudius
On that note, whichever cowardly asshat was hiding behind the official Green Ronin accounts with their posts needs to be named and fired. The other actors at Green Ronin have behaved extremely poorly, but at least they've put their names next to their fuckups. Whoever is posting as Green Ronin is giving their statements an official veneer while avoiding personal responsibility and that's just unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It worked for antisemitism after WWII and racism in the 1960s, so I'm confident this too will be done away with for good.

Yeah, I don't know what I was worried about

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tendales posted:

Yeah, I don't know what I was worried about

yea this is my worry. I worry we'll have a nice satisfying and just wave of revelations like this, and then once that's over it'll just be assumed 'ok so we won right? Problem SOLVED!'

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

yea this is my worry. I worry we'll have a nice satisfying and just wave of revelations like this, and then once that's over it'll just be assumed 'ok so we won right? Problem SOLVED!'

Things like this are going to keep on happening forever and with more frequency, imho, but it's way more exciting when it happens to glamorous Hollywood Celebrities and public officials then some rando basement-dwelling rpg writer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Woody Allen will escape unscathed and release his movie about having sex with a 14 year old girl

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Woody Allen will escape unscathed and release his movie about having sex with a 14 year old girl

Well Hollywood will solve the problem forever by getting rid of Harvey Weinstein Kevin Spacey Charlie Sheen and anyways it is a problem with men in general, not a problem with the culture that keeps enabling predators, so please give them no further scrutiny as they continually berate everyone else over, iunno, some poo poo.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Hey, they can always get Brietbart to write an defensive article about how it's all fake news anyway!

:smith:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

GR defense force is now in full swing, vs the evil Chuck Wendig who blew things out of proportions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bedlamdan posted:

Things like this are going to keep on happening forever and with more frequency, imho, but it's way more exciting when it happens to glamorous Hollywood Celebrities and public officials then some rando basement-dwelling rpg writer.

Yea at least hollywood poo poo has the tabloid 'we watched Harvey Weinstein leave his mansion to take a private plane to europe for a one day sex addiction rehab and promises he's all good now' opulence to make fun of. This is just 'yea this fuckin dude harassed me and all his friends were my bosses so when I said that was hosed up they ignored me'

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
It's not a partisan thing, there were a couple of news publications swooning about how brave it was for Spacey to come out even though it was done in an attempt to deflect an accusation of pedophilia. It's getting more and more frequent that we get these woke and progressive personalities doing the same things they berate everyone else for.

Everyone is kind of lovely, I think. It's just the shittiest of all are also smart enough to use their politics as a shield or even as a justification.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

It's not a partisan thing, there were a couple of news publications swooning about how brave it was for Spacey to come out even though it was done in an attempt to deflect an accusation of pedophilia. It's getting more and more frequent that we get these woke and progressive personalities doing the same things they berate everyone else for.

Everyone is kind of lovely, I think. It's just the shittiest of all are also smart enough to use their politics as a shield or even as a justification.

:ironicat:

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

I still support you in your battle against the racist monster, FuegoFish.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

I still support you in your battle against the racist monster, FuegoFish.

You're trying way too hard to come back from defending those guys who made that lovely edition of Exalted you worship

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

While I like EX3, it is not something I'd defend Morke or Holden from but rather a reason I have to kill them, in real life, with weapons

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

You're trying way too hard to come back from defending those guys who made that lovely edition of Exalted you worship

It's a pretty good edition, to be honest.

I can't say much for Morke besides probably being a weird nerd with a lovely sense of boundaries, but that applies to a lot of people on SA in general, to be perfectly frank.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

At this point my strong opinions are going to hinge on whether Green Ronin and their promised timeline will counter the specific acusations that they not just shielded a sexual predator from consequences but knowingly put a man accused of predation in a position above non masc writers in their casting couch- whoops I mean talent search.

I don't put it past GR to ignore what this means at the same time they talk about believing victims. But its really sad to see exactly how cheap words are, even from a company that wants to charge money for their writing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Bedlamdan posted:

It's a pretty good edition, to be honest.

I can't say much for Morke besides probably being a weird nerd with a lovely sense of boundaries, but that applies to a lot of people on SA in general, to be perfectly frank.

Indeed, who among us has not sexually harassed? Let them toss the first stones!

gently caress off.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

Indeed, who among us has not sexually harassed? Let them toss the first stones!

gently caress off.

I haven't sexually harassed. Nor am I implying you or other posters in this thread have sexually harassed. That doesn't mean there haven't been more than a few thirsty creeps in this community, overall.

I mean, I could mention that we're already infamous for people like Aatrek, and others, for the dozenth time, but there's not much point. We all know about it, even if we don't mention it and get angry if other people do.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bedlamdan posted:

I haven't sexually harassed. Nor am I implying you or other posters in this thread have sexually harassed. That doesn't mean there haven't been more than a few thirsty creeps in this community, overall.

I mean, I could mention that we're already infamous for people like Aatrek, and others, for the dozenth time, but there's not much point. We all know about it, even if we don't mention it and get angry if other people do.

When you reregged did you, even for a moment, consider whether you should have spent that $10 on literally anything other than coming back here just to do the "well actually, what about Aatrek" song and dance for the umpteenth time?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

When you reregged did you, even for a moment, consider whether you should have spent that $10 on literally anything other than coming back here just to do the "well actually, what about Aatrek" song and dance for the umpteenth time?

I felt a deep human empathy towards Lowtax, and his need to support his family. I realize it's a little strange that the system seems to be built around monetizing the worst and most obnoxious posters, but I am apparently a vital part of the ecosystem here, and ready to do my part.

Again, though, it's not like Aatrek is the only example. He just seems to be the biggest reason why strangers off-site keep accusing us of being some sort of pedophile haven. Anyways the point I'm trying to make isn't "what about Aatrek," only that we've had lots, and lots, of creepy or hosed up people in this community, and will probably continue to do so because the culture of more than a few subforums here appeals to them.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bedlamdan posted:

I felt a deep human empathy towards Lowtax, and his need to support his family. I realize it's a little strange that the system seems to be built around monetizing the worst and most obnoxious posters, but I am apparently a vital part of the ecosystem here, and ready to do my part.

Again, though, it's not like Aatrek is the only example. He just seems to be the biggest reason why strangers off-site keep accusing us of being some sort of pedophile haven. Anyways the point I'm trying to make isn't "what about Aatrek," only that we've had lots, and lots, of creepy or hosed up people in this community, and will probably continue to do so because the culture of more than a few subforums here appeals to them.

Okay, cool.

Meanwhile I'm not sure what this has to do with anything else that's being discussed here except your seemingly unbreakable urge to interject yourself into any and every conversation that involves Holden and/or Morke to go "but did you know that Something Awful has had creeps too????????"

Next time just buy a burrito or something.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Meanwhile I'm not sure what this has to do with anything else that's being discussed here

Neither do I! I'm not the one who brought up Morke or Holden again silly, that was Nuns with Guns!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Plutonis posted:

While I like EX3, it is not something I'd defend Morke or Holden from but rather a reason I have to kill them, in real life, with weapons

Tbh 3e isn't terrible. At least it has enough heft to soundly beat the two of them with.

Bedlamdan posted:

Neither do I! I'm not the one who brought up Morke or Holden again silly, that was Nuns with Guns!

You're whining and fishing for attention again, because for some reason that's the only thing you do on this website. Have you considered switching to the subforum that stalks devs for that dumb space game kickstarter?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

You're whining and fishing for attention again, because for some reason that's the only thing you do on this website.

But again, you're the one who brought it up? What's your deal?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Have you considered switching to the forum that stalks devs for that dumb space game kickstarter?

Wait, what? That's more than a little hosed up. Why is this sort of behavior encouraged?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

But again, you're the one who brought it up? What's your deal?

I wanted to point you that you're trying really hard to recover from your idols being creeps and creep-enablers.

Bedlamdan posted:

Wait, what? That's more than a little hosed up. Why is this sort of behavior encouraged?

lowtax likes it

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

I wanted to point you that you're trying really hard to recover from your idols being creeps and creep-enablers.

No, retard, I totally accept it. My investment in them began and ended with the thing they were writing for and frankly I'm just grateful that people no longer get to take the easy way out of conflating criticism of their bad personalities with criticism of the thing they wrote.

Nuns with Guns posted:

lowtax likes it

I guess the most important part here is, forgiveness. I've forgiven a great deal, like the whole Negrotown thing that happened here, and maybe, someday, we'll learn to forgive, if not each other, than at least, ourselves.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

No, retard, I totally accept it. My investment in them began and ended with the thing they were writing for and frankly I'm just grateful that people no longer get to take the easy way out of conflating criticism of their bad personalities with criticism of the thing they wrote.

I guess the most important part here is, forgiveness. I've forgiven a great deal, like the whole Negrotown thing that happened here, and maybe, someday, we'll learn to forgive, if not each other, than at least, ourselves.

You should cry about this experience on theRPGsite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My friend I believe you would be happier at a site with more likeminded individuals, like RPGSite

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Pretty sure I've seen bedlamdan posting on the RPGSite already.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
In defense of therpgsite, it has successfully retained a record of a full zero mods that verifiably raped, a feat only rivaled by rpg.net up until BlackHatMatt. Huge accomplishment.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bedlamdan posted:

In defense of therpgsite, it has successfully retained a record of a full zero mods that verifiably raped, a feat only rivaled by rpg.net up until BlackHatMatt. Huge accomplishment.

That you know of. Hell, does therpgsite even have moderators?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

That you know of. Hell, does therpgsite even have moderators?

I don't know, honestly. Most of the time, I'm on /tg/.

But for real though, I don't think it's my fault that I'm apparently way more interesting to talk about for Nuns with Guns than the Green Ronin thing.

Bedlamdan fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 10, 2017

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

Is your point here that we're all hypocrites for condemning the actions of TTRPG writers and designers while posting on a forum guilty of a plethora of other internet atrocities, and where a mod was outed as a child-rapist and banned?

Bedlamdan posted:

I don't know, honestly. Most of the time, I'm on /tg/.

But for real though, I don't think it's my fault that I'm apparently way more interesting to talk about for Nuns with Guns than the Green Ronin thing.

And yet every third post on this page is from you.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

Is your point here that we're all hypocrites for condemning the actions of TTRPG writers and designers while posting on a forum guilty of a plethora of other internet atrocities, and where a mod was outed as a child-rapist and banned?

Mainly, I'm just not sure what the point is in telling people they'd get along better were they to post on a website run by a pipe-smoking autist, as if it's some sort of sick burn, when the one we are on right now has a history that is overall just as if not more hosed up and/or scandalous.

Nuns with Guns posted:

And yet every third post on this page is from you.

I mean, people are messaging me, just asking questions, and demanding answers! I guess I can ignore it starting now, if you like.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

Mainly, I'm just not sure what the point is in telling people they'd get along better were they to post on a website run by a pipe-smoking autist, as if it's some sort of sick burn, when the one we are on right now has a history that is overall just as if not more hosed up and/or scandalous.

I was making a joke about how you ran to theRPGsite after getting banned here. Don't know about anyone else

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Nuns with Guns posted:

I was making a joke about how you ran to theRPGsite after getting banned here. Don't know about anyone else

My very first ban here was... less than a year go, actually, according to my rap sheet.

I do remember that Halloween Jack and FactsAreUseless had accounts there though, mostly for the sake of laughs and trolling. Also ThatOldTree under Plague of Hats.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Bedlamdan posted:

My very first ban here was... less than a year go, actually, according to my rap sheet.

I do remember that Halloween Jack and FactsAreUseless had accounts there though, mostly for the sake of laughs and trolling. Also ThatOldTree under Plague of Hats.

I might be misremembering an irc channel ban then? It doesn't change the fact that you're trying to play it all cool with harmless ribbing to distract from your downplaying of Holden and Morke, followed by weird tangents and digressions into how we're all trash and this forum is trash so why care about anything?

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Now I remember that Bedlamdan was the person who was defending Bellum Maga because while it was a terribly lovely fetish game that was written with one hand and edited by nobody, the main villain was "PATRIARCHY" and thus the book was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bedlamdan posted:

It's not a partisan thing, there were a couple of news publications swooning about how brave it was for Spacey to come out even though it was done in an attempt to deflect an accusation of pedophilia.

btw thats because more and more news nowadays just repeat what publiscists tell them, he made a statement and that was it for most sites

and they do that because they are broke, not because of some insane conspiracy you believe

• Locked thread