Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

There is a cheeky item placement on that orb (IIRC) where you can't tell the item is there because its glow is masked by the orb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Randomzx posted:

Funny enough, I was really thinking of suggesting Infinite Space at the end of the LP because of the themes that DarkId would be familiar with when this thread started.
And as luck would have it, several main characters also have white hair. as well as a few Drakengard1 detail beat.

That would be pretty cool, considering the only other SSLP of it here died a glorious death directly after Act 2 started.

Does Id still have a Patreon? Maybe if he gets enough money he'll do it.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm rioting if Nier 3 and/or Drakengard 5 isn't announced by the end of this LP.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Know Such Peace posted:

I'm rioting if Nier 3 and/or Drakengard 5 isn't announced by the end of this LP.

https://wccftech.com/nier-automata-sequel-planning-stages/

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'd be really surprised if id did Infinite Space. The game is quite long and doesn't really seem his sort of thing.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That would be pretty cool, considering the only other SSLP of it here died a glorious death directly after Act 2 started.

Does Id still have a Patreon? Maybe if he gets enough money he'll do it.

I dunno.

Id says he will do anything as long as he receives money for it, but there is no one who doesn’t move for money as much as that man. He only wants to do what he wants to do.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Know Such Peace posted:

There's nothing really surprising about a million-copy selling game getting a sequel, though.

Nothing's ever going to beat the announcement of a Nier sequel in the Drakengard 3 thread. That's lightning striking the same place twice.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

KamikazePotato posted:

Really could not get the mental image of Pod as Clippy out of my head.

Well good.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

There's nothing really surprising about a million-copy selling game getting a sequel, though.

Nothing's ever going to beat the announcement of a Nier sequel in the Drakengard 3 thread. That's lightning striking the same place twice.

Indoors.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
"Yoko says he will do anything as long as he receives money, but there is no one [less likely to] move for money as that man. He only wants to do what he wants to do." Are these dudes game developers or goddamn saints?

The schedule seems about right. There might be enough concept art to throw together an official announcement and teaser trailer by early 2018. Last I heard, a Nier 1 remaster has probably been greenlit as well.

ultrafilter posted:

I agree. I wasn't around at the time, but it was amazing going back after the success of Automata, reading through Id's D3 LP, and feeling the electricity in the thread when the sequel was announced. Nier 1 is such a self-contained story that the idea of a sequel didn't even make sense, let alone the fact that it was a commercial failure upon release. The precious few reaction videos to Automata's announcement from fans of the series are really beautiful to watch.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Episode CXI: Mercy.EXE

That was another brief introductory chapter for the two remaining active YoRHa members. We’re going to be swapping back to A2 for our next expedition. Unlike the last two fairly breezy chapters, A2’s second outing is the longest chapter in Route C, outside possibly the final chapter.

Sure, Pod 153. We’ll watch out for the rampaging machines out there. Maybe go get 9S some counseling while we’re away, eh? He uhh... didn’t seem like he was doing great by the end of the last chapter.

Music: Memories of Dust (Quiet)

We return to A2 to find her face down in the dirt. Given her perpetual grungy appearance and innately sounding like she’s just woken up with a throbbing hangover, I feel like this is probably just a normal Tuesday morning start for A2.

Ungh... <slowly starts climbing to her feet>
Good morning, A2.
What the...?

The cause was excessive strain due to battle against a large machine lifeform.
All this goddamn sand is starting to piss me off.
Alert: Fuel filter performance deteriorating. Fine particulate matter seems to have entered the filter while fighting in the desert. Proposal: Replace the faulty part immediately.
You make it sound so easy.
Records indicate said part was once used at the Resistance camp.
The Resistance camp...

Yes, the Resistance Camp is our new destination for the next leg of A2’s journey to err... kill all machines? And stop having sand chafing her butt crack.

Before we head out there, there’s a couple points of note left in the Desert Zone. The Hegel fight was actually the final main plot relevance this region ever has for the rest of the game. The DLC and a sidequest might take us back here. But neither 9S nor A2 have any reason to return if they were mainlining the plot.

Our first pit stop is the oasis on the far westerns side of the desert, past the sandstorm. Ignore that android corpse there. It’s fine. Hey, remember that YoRHa girl that was hanging out here enjoying the sun way back when?

A flock of birds came to rest their wings here. I wonder if they instinctively knew how to escape the storm? It seems like time moves more slowly here. If you’ve got nothing to do, why don’t you try fishing? Everyone loves settling down for a round by the pond!

I guess the Commander was hasty when she said 2B and 9S were the last remaining members of YoRHa. Oasis girl has just been chilling out here beyond the sand storm getting no signal from Command and thus never managed to get infected or blown up in the Bunker. She just hangs out here the rest of the game fishing and looking at birds. So that’s nice.

Regarding other surviving YoRHa members... Remember those two drugged out at the oil oasis?

*huff huff* ...Drugs? Yeah, they’re pretty crazy. I can’t stop fighting!

Turns out they both made it too since they were too stoned out of their gourds to participate in any of the ruckus in the City Ruins. See, we saved a couple lives accidentally helping Jackass create an underground E-drug epidemic.

Drugs aren’t really A2’s thing. I mean once in a while for the flavor, naturally. But machine lifeform killing is more of her scene. Let’s get back on track with that.

Ahh... that’s more like it! Fun fact: You can ride a boar all the way from the edge of the Desert to the Resistance Camp. It’s the farthest distance you can travel on one. Animals (at least boars) won’t do the rope bridge where 2B died or the path to Pascal’s Village, so the Forest Zone is off limits while mounted. And obviously we won’t stick a boar in the sewers to get to the Amusement Park. How would it climb out once it was down there? Preposterous! And we couldn’t just leave it down there. That’s how you get little girls eaten.

Music: Rays of Light (Medium)

On the way to our destination, Pod gives us an email notification. I’m not sure what’s more surprising. There’s someone still alive to send out emails or that A2’s @yorha.org mailing address is still active after years of being an enemy of the state.

YoRHa’s IT department better be glad they got blown up in space or else they’d have a heck of a lot of explaining to do about that particular negligence.

Huh... So Emil also has an email address and... has somehow found A2’s address. It’s best not to ask questions. Unfortunately, Emil is not available at the moment because we just started a new gameplay segment and ran here straight from the Desert so he hasn’t had time for a load zone to spawn in anywhere.

That’s fine. I doubt A2 needs to be doing any consumer browsing with all that sand gunking her up. That’ll just lead to questionable spending decisions. Better to continue onward. Though, as we approach our destination, it seems there’s some manner of trouble afoot...

Haaah! Help! Help me!
Are those machines fighting each other?

Hey, no kill stealing ya lousy machines! A2 quickly sorts out the rogue Stubbies being mean to Pascal. But there is an issue... A2 doesn’t know who the hell this guy is...

Wait, please! I have no intention of harming you! My name is Pascal. And while it’s true that I am a machine lifeform, I also detest fighting of any kind.

Machines don’t have souls. They’re just murder bots with a fancy name. They killed so many of us... and I swore to make them pay.
Ah... I see.

We’re given an option. Is A2 going to dig deep inside herself for that MERCY.EXE runtime file with this nice, friendly boy or is she going to just keep the course with the machine killing?

ERROR: MERCY.EXE – file not found.

...Well that escalated quickly.

Video: Episode 111 Highlight Reel

Pascal Concept Art – I kinda wish he still had a robot cane.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Seeing as there were like 3 left over from the machine virus awakening that does seem plausible.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I have a feeling that Machine on a Break would get along very well with the two Yorha druggies and oasis girl.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Drakengard!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

euphronius posted:

Man I hope this game turns around mood wise . This is a bummer

So how's that working out for you?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

The Dark Id posted:

A flock of birds came to rest their wings here. I wonder if they instinctively knew how to escape the storm? It seems like time moves more slowly here. If you’ve got nothing to do, why don’t you try fishing? Everyone loves settling down for a round by the pond!

I guess the Commander was hasty when she said 2B and 9S were the last remaining members of YoRHa. Oasis girl has just been chilling out here beyond the sand storm getting no signal from Command and thus never managed to get infected or blown up in the Bunker. She just hangs out here the rest of the game fishing and looking at birds. So that’s nice.
:unsmith: It's good to know there are survivors. Keep on fishing, whoever you are.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At least someone's happy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

At least someone's happy.

For now.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Let me have this. If fishing android managed to survive the first two routes surely she'll make it through this one right? Right?

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 9, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
How WOULD these androids (or the machines) react to some hearty Old Blood Ministration?

So many Eyes. So many Red Eyes.

La la la la 'awooooooh'

Bloodborne references are fun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Weeble posted:

How WOULD these androids (or the machines) react to some hearty Old Blood Ministration?

So many Eyes. So many Red Eyes.

La la la la 'awooooooh'

Bloodborne references are fun.

The oldest androids had to deal with the Legion.

I don't think anything in Yharnam would come as too much of a shock with that for historical context.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

The Dark Id posted:

We’re given an option. Is A2 going to dig deep inside herself for that MERCY.EXE runtime file with this nice, friendly boy or is she going to just keep the course with the machine killing?

ERROR: MERCY.EXE – file not found.

So they still have Futurama in the, er, future? Neat!

(I apologize for my crappy image editing abilities)

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Annointed posted:

Let me have this. If fishing android managed to survive the first two routes surely she'll make it through this one right? Right?

Think of it this way, no matter what happens on the earth in this game, unless there's a ridiculous laser and an explicit reveal, there will always be the Beepy communism ball of bots, machines, and droids having a great time out in space.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's course, it's rough... and it gets everywhere

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Come on Pascal, don't be wimp. You don't have to fight someone to use those huge clamps of yours to hang some of those stubbies to dry.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Maybe the secret to fixing 9S' mental state is to send him on a fishing trip with an enormous stockpile of E-drugs.

This cracked me up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

KamikazePotato posted:

Maybe the secret to fixing 9S' mental state is to send him on a fishing trip with an enormous stockpile of E-drugs.

E drugs are designed to artificially stimulate the part of an android's brain that triggers when they murder something.

If the current sprees aren't doing anything for him, I'm not sure there are enough E-drugs in the world.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
didnt even realize there were still Yohra around in those parts
never checked them well enough

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

E drugs are designed to artificially stimulate the part of an android's brain that triggers when they murder something.

If the current sprees aren't doing anything for him, I'm not sure there are enough E-drugs in the world.

Yeah e drugs are basically just a murder substitute. 9S is mainlining the real poo poo like crazy right now.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode CXI-2: Reunion

Music: Rays of Light (Vocal)

OK... Let’s take that one from the top. While 9S’s murder boner continues to grow, we’ve really got to cool down A2’s bloodlust a touch.

Before we rewrite history and show some mercy towards Pascal, I’m reminded of an easy to miss little Easter Egg that is only available in Route C. Remember that one building we’ve climbed up and down a half dozen times at this point?

There’s a staircase that leads up to the adjacent building 2B and 9S kept landing their flight units on. However, there’s also a Snake Eater-esque length ladder in an elevator shaft that leads past that to the very roof of the building.

Now back in Route A and B, there were a bunch of immovable crates blocking rooftop access. Real fire hazard. However, following the unfortunate events with 99% of YoRHa eating it earlier, it seems someone has cleared the path allowing us access to...

...That long rear end table Adam and Eve hung out at during the Route B interludes where they discovered underwear, corny biblical references and other fascinating human concepts. If you looked at the background during those scenes, you could actually pretty easily tell where they were geographically. Especially after the Machine Lifeform Space Program was constructed.

Up here we can pilfer a spare pair of Adam’s faux-smart boy chic glasses. A2 can now equip these if she wants to go for a more Bayonetta sort of look. Or if we really feel like making like 9S look like even more of a huge dork, he can wear them as well.

Side note: A2’s selfie game is on point.

That’s enough getting off track. Let’s head back to the Resistance Camp and rescue Pascal from those Stubby street toughs that were harassing him. You hate to see machine on machine violence like that.

Wait, please! I’m not going to hurt you! My name is Pascal. I’m a pacifist. Green eyes. See?
Whatever! You machines are just a murder bots with a fancy name.
Fancy... name...? You mean the “machine lifeform” name?
Yeah, Professor von Killbot.
O... K... Well, if killing me will put your soul at ease, I’m OK with it. Some others might not be. It might be a whole thing. But the decision is yours...

A2 might not know who Pascal is... but 2B did and liked him. So we’ll show mercy to this nice boy even if it’s really going against A2’s usual “kill ‘em all” MO. So...

<Let Pascal live.>

Just shut up and leave before I change my mind.
You...
No. Never mind. You have my thanks.

And with that, Pascal blasts off into space. Which leaves the question why he didn’t just fly away from those bullying Stubbies in the first place... But, I’m sure he had his reasons.

Music: Peaceful Sleep

As for A2, it’s time to enter the Resistance Camp and start looking for a replacement fuel filter so she stops getting sand in her robo-vagina or whatever is going on there. Where to start...?

Not here...

Definitely not here...

You’ll have to ask Anemone when new stock is going to arrive.

Right... Unlike in 9S’s chapter (or A2’s for that matter if we came here early) Anemone is now back in camp. If you’ll recall, these two have some history together back during the last big Machine War flare-up a good decade ago. Indeed, the first thing Anemone ever does when speaking to 2B is mistaking her for “Number Two.” Guess who that was...

Music: Peaceful Sleep (Vocal)

Sorry I haven’t been in touch, Anemone.
You survived. That’s all that matters. Though I fear that all of your fighting companions are long gone. I had to kill Number 21 with my own hands.
I’m sorry.
No, it’s... Oh, that’s right! Did you know there was a YoRHa member here named 2B that looked just like you? She’s—
She’s dead.
What!?
2B is dead. I killed her. She was infected with a logic virus.
Oh...
<both look down silently for a bit>
Well, please make yourself at home in our camp. I’ll have someone show you aro—
Not necessary. Her memories are contained in this sword.
I see. You can go ahead and use her old room, then. I’m in charge of the camp here. I’ll make sure to tell everyone about you.

We can indeed now go use the old room Anemone gave us early in Route A/B if we want A2 to take a nap and save the game. Still no reason to ever do that... I really wonder if there was some early intent of going “Welp the Bunker is gone, you’ve gotta save your game here only from now on!” and Platinum managed to talk down Yoko Taro from that kinda bullshit. Cavia would have done that. And charged you for using the room each time.

Anyway, we forgot to do what we came here to do... The fuel filter? Remember? We actually need to go speak to Anemone again to progress the game.

Any chance you could spare a fuel filter?
A fuel filter? I’m afraid our supply recently ran out. Pascal makes them for us, so you could go pick up one directly if you’d like.
Pascal!?
You know him?
You TRADE with the enemy!?
His village is different. They’ve never caused us any harm.
No way. Forget it.
This may be hard to understand, but we forged an alliance and trade materials when the need arises. We can’t be picky about how we reach our goals around here. And besides, we aren’t so far gone that we kill machine lifeforms after they surrender.

As soon as we walk away from Anemone, Pod 042 pipes in with a friendly reminder.

Proposal: Replace the faulty part immediately.
Yeah. I know.
Coordinates confirmed for a colony centered around the machine lifeform known as Pascal. Location marked on map.
You don’t know when to shut up, do you...

Our next destination is to go check out Pascal’s Machine Village. That’s the next story beat. However, we’re not yet done with the Resistance Camp. If we return to speak with Anemone one more time...

And you’ve become a true leader.
I’m nothing compared to Rose.

I thought I should preserve memories of the time we fought together. And I also think you have a right to see them.
You and I must never forget.
...I know.

This unlocks a three part series titled the YoRHa Pearl Harbor Descent Personal Record. Tune in next time for a whole big ol’ mess of A2 and Anemone’s entire backstory/a CliffsNotes version of the YoRHa Stage Play. It’s not gonna be a pleasant stroll down memory lane...

Video: Episode 111-B Highlight Reel

Anemone Concept Art - Little known fact: Before landing the role in the YoRHa Stage Play, Anemone auditioned for the role of one of those dudes from Journey.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
...huh. I don’t recall seeing the Pearl Harbor stuff in my playthrough. Could just be lovely memory though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, I don't remember that either. And I definitely would have looked at them if the game told me to. Maybe I just didn't talk to Anemone twice.

I also found that elevator shaft ladder in part A and then naturally never went back because it clearly goes nowhere!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I tried going back to that ladder so many times but never in route C. Never saw the Pearl Harbor stuff either. :negative:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I missed the Pearl Harbor stuff the first time but picked it up the second time through the game.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
The trigger for that is weird because you need to talk to Anemone. Talk to her again. Walk away to get Pod to update the objective. Then talk to her a third time (or any time after she's main plot relevant) and she'll talk about the records and open the terminal.

Also, I'll add it to the earlier update but right after you finish 9S's last chapter, this Archive is silently added to your collection:

Yoko Taro child murder brand still going strong.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Now that I know it railroads you like crazy, the good minute I spent debating on killing pascal because that's what A2 would do/it may have some yoko taro sad twist if I don't or not because he's a cool guy makes me feel like a real chump.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress. I missed both the table and the Anemone stuff.

maybe I should spend 80 bux to atone

https://twitter.com/SQEX_MD_NA/status/928702491000057856

E: I really want those, probably not 80 dollars worth of want though

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I found the terminals and listened to the backstory (good stuff), but I never knew about the glasses, partly because I loving hate that elevator shaft ladder; the camera absolutely refuses to face the directions that the openings are so you can't see if you're in the right spot to jump off, which my characters never want to do (they'll either just hang there or do the quick-climb animation instead), and on the rare occasion they do hop off, they'll enter Freefall Mode right off and refuse to grab onto their Pod and end up taking fall damage (Auto-Heal walks that right off, granted, but still, what the hell is wrong with you androids).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
If Emil is around when A2 meets Pascal, he can rather hilariously barge in on the scene:
https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwDmxuOGh7QI

• Locked thread