Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

financially racist posted:

all game systems are bad except the turbo grafx 16

Pc duo ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

deadwing posted:

I own two and they're bad

So is the Xbone just bad in a different way

The switch ownz tho

I have three bones, two PS4's and a switch.....the bones get the most love and the switch sits there mocking my giant hands. My 13 year old daughter seems to enjoy it for about 1.5 hours per week.

My PS4's are mostly just vue front ends because Horizon mocks me with its difficulty :cry:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The entire Switch library can be beaten in 3 hours.

Which is good because that means you'll only need to charge it twice.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

wernox posted:

My PS4's are mostly just vue front ends because Horizon mocks me with its difficulty :cry:

The game was loving my poo poo up as well, for the first 10 hours or so. Then I learned these tips:

Abuse the poo poo out of stealth (get the upgrades for it)

Don't be afraid to run away.

Get the slow-mo upgrades.

Set traps. Seriously, the tripwires are god drat game changers.

It may seem like the combat is shallow but it is not. Set traps, abuse stealth, spam them with slow-mo (along with the notching two arrows), and roll roll roll.

The game became immensely more enjoyable after that.

Aphrodite posted:

The entire Switch library can be beaten in 3 hours.

Which is good because that means you'll only need to charge it twice.

Switch loving owns, nice try.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just put it on easy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beastie posted:

Switch loving owns, nice try.

nah

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
We only post in this thread to see big Doritos purchases, baby.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Re: This doritos xbone auction thing. Not that I want to do it, but how does it work? How many "bids" do you get per bag? Because I'm looking at this auction for an xbonx plus 12 months of game pass, and the high bid is 32,000. I know this person didn't buy 32,000 bags of doritos.

Edit: I dug further into the site. 9.75 oz bags of doritos give 200 points. In order to get 30,000 points, I would need to buy 150 bags of doritos. According to Walmart.com, the instore price for a bag of doritos is $2.98. So I would have to spend 447 dollars on Doritos to bid for an xbonx. No thanks.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 9, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Re: This doritos xbone auction thing. Not that I want to do it, but how does it work? How many "bids" do you get per bag? Because I'm looking at this auction for an xbonx plus 12 months of game pass, and the high bid is 32,000. I know this person didn't buy 32,000 bags of doritos.

You get more than that from bags, with the Roulette bags giving a lot (like 400-600 per bag with some double code possibilities) but people know this so they're hard to find. Ethan got like 37600 points or some such from his 54-bag haul.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My XBXX enhanced updates downloaded fast on my gigabit connection :smug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Edit: I dug further into the site. 9.75 oz bags of doritos give 200 points. In order to get 30,000 points, I would need to buy 150 bags of doritos. According to Walmart.com, the instore price for a bag of doritos is $2.98. So I would have to spend 447 dollars on Doritos to bid for an xbonx. No thanks.

The roulette bags he bought gave a 2x-5x multiplier.

That's why he drove an hour, to find one with specifically a lot of those kind.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Does it surprise you guys that high-res patches are like 60gb patches? lol

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, I got mine with about 60 bags of Doritos roulette, or $180-190.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DariusLikewise posted:

Does it surprise you guys that high-res patches are like 60gb patches? lol

It's definitely weird how weird people get about this, like they haven't played recent PC releases.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Maneki Neko posted:

Yeah, I got mine with about 60 bags of Doritos roulette, or $180-190.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Crashed my xbone twice trying to download all muh rockband songs. All 300+.Kinda happy and surprised I didn't have to pay, Thought I had to pay to import RB3.

Also: XboxX The most expensive rock band peripheral.

fishmech posted:

It's definitely weird how weird people get about this, like they haven't played recent PC releases.

High res packs are entirely optional, DLC like content on PC. Xbone should treat it the same till the textures are on disk.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 9, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just bought one of these and I have absolutely no idea why. I have the "Elite" Xbone already with the hybrid SSD drive so I probably load faster than the Scorpio anyway.

Oh well, the smaller device and lack of power brick will look better on the mantle

I'm a consumer whore

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

First game played on my x? XBL arcade frogger.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope the next playstation is bad so i can make fun of it

:same: but there will not be a next generation because we will all be dead by then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

:same: but there will not be a next generation because we will all be dead by then

Question is, which country will ww3 start over?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Question is, which country will ww3 start over?

Spain will do. We'll start bombing catalonia, but miss and hit Andorra, some french will get pissed and destroy a few spanish fruit trucks that had Germany as destination. Germans get pissed and invade UK and so...

Anyways, on a more serious thing, the Xbox One can do a thing that the PS4 can't: use a Lamborghini as gamepad to play Forza (ps4 users can't because GT is a joke).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paZII8HUAg

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Anyways, on a more serious thing, the Xbox One can do a thing that the PS4 can't: use a Lamborghini as gamepad to play Forza (ps4 users can't because GT is a joke).

They did the reverse, made a real car controlled with a Dualshock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKTBRcVROw

Although your video is better since it has a sound clip of French Cartman at the end.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Guillermus posted:

Spain will do. We'll start bombing catalonia, but miss and hit Andorra, some french will get pissed and destroy a few spanish fruit trucks that had Germany as destination. Germans get pissed and invade UK and so...

Oh look, it's the good Xbox game.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BattleTech posted:

Albert Penello got asked about 1v100 and he straight up side stepped the question. 1 VS 100 was one of the best things MS has ever done and it's amusing to watch pretend it never happened.

used his tremendous corporate paycheck to have APatchOfBlue killed

seriously though what is HQ because goddamn I loved 1v100

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

Lemme just own this lambo but be too poor for wrap around screens

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Real hurthling! posted:

Lemme just own this lambo but be too poor for wrap around screens

loving shameful FOV

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/928772948017668096

Huh, looks like Respawb have dropped a hot fix already. Time to see if it fixed anything.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
So will all games load faster and play at higher frame rates natively or do they require the “xbx enhanced” update to do so?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I️ want a Xbox one x :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

comper posted:

So will all games load faster and play at higher frame rates natively or do they require the “xbx enhanced” update to do so?

Load faster should be across-the-board, playing at higher frame rates is a bit more varied in the case of unenhanced games, usually it means games will hit the target framerate more. In other words, a game that, on a normal Xbox One, is 30fps with dips into the 20's, will dip less often but still won't go past 30.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

univbee posted:

Load faster should be across-the-board, playing at higher frame rates is a bit more varied in the case of unenhanced games, usually it means games will hit the target framerate more. In other words, a game that, on a normal Xbox One, is 30fps with dips into the 20's, will dip less often but still won't go past 30.

Thanks, was hoping the frame rate caps would be taken away natively but I understand they want to leave that up to the developer. How does everyone like their X so far? I want one to compliment my C6 but idk if I can really justify it over the One S I already have.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

comper posted:

Thanks, was hoping the frame rate caps would be taken away natively but I understand they want to leave that up to the developer. How does everyone like their X so far? I want one to compliment my C6 but idk if I can really justify it over the One S I already have.

Buy Doritos and pay $160 for ur xbonx

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

comper posted:

was hoping the frame rate caps would be taken away natively

a lot of games tie poo poo to the framerate cap and will break in interesting ways if you circumvent them

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

comper posted:

My current understanding is that 60FPS is still hard to hit with the XboneX because the CPUs are still slow, but you've got a ton of GPU power to play with to head for 4K resolution.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
If I do end up getting one can I just unplug my external SSD from my current Xbox and plug it into the new one without redownloading/reinstalling the games that are currently on it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

comper posted:

If I do end up getting one can I just unplug my external SSD from my current Xbox and plug it into the new one without redownloading/reinstalling the games that are currently on it?

For games without 4K extra assets, correct, this will just work.

For games which do have 4K assets these are force-downloaded on an XB1X (e.g. there's a 94 gig extra download for Quantum Break). You can, however, elect to optionally download these on a regular XB1 to prep the drive beforehand.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

univbee posted:

For games without 4K extra assets, correct, this will just work.

For games which do have 4K assets these are force-downloaded on an XB1X (e.g. there's a 94 gig extra download for Quantum Break). You can, however, elect to optionally download these on a regular XB1 to prep the drive beforehand.

Thanks for all the info.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So people that had a One S on a 4K tv and switched to the one X, how much of a difference are you noticing in games and Netflix, etc. I am currently playing BF1, Wolfenstein, and will probably get COD WW2 and battlefront 2 to play on it. How do the graphics change on these with the console upgrade?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

So people that had a One S on a 4K tv and switched to the one X, how much of a difference are you noticing in games and Netflix, etc. I am currently playing BF1, Wolfenstein, and will probably get COD WW2 and battlefront 2 to play on it. How do the graphics change on these with the console upgrade?

:f5: digital foundry as they do comparisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

:f5: digital foundry as they do comparisons.

There are a ton of yt channels that will compare footage, too, just search "gamename xb1x systemtocompareto comparison". iffy bitrate but a lot of vids are 4k and it gives you some reference.

df has higher quality encodes on their site but you gotta pay $5/month patreon style.