Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Well yeah, Moore supporters are clearly okay with older men invading the bodies of younger women without consent.\

Edit: otter tax, no dogs no masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Glumslinger posted:

Jesus Christ

DON'T gently caress KIDS
DON'T SEXUALLY ASSAULT PEOPLE

These aren't some crazy pie in the sky kind of poo poo, these are just the loving basics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwcOcSY9SIs

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

1stGear posted:

Well yeah, Moore supporters are clearly okay with older men invading the bodies of younger women without consent.\
...by definition, yes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Glumslinger posted:

Jesus Christ

DON'T gently caress KIDS
DON'T SEXUALLY ASSAULT PEOPLE

These aren't some crazy pie in the sky kind of poo poo, these are just the loving basics

But who really knows.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/928831992942202881

Man we are retreading some Saville territory here

Why can't any of these people do year math?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/928833106248916994

TheScott2K posted:

Why can't any of these people do year math?

You can't expect Republicans to do basic math when there's somebody that's been left unfucked by them (in this case kids)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

what the hell are you doing, Jeff Sessions

Nocartax
Feb 12, 2016

Oh, this is bad, this is really bad! You work, and you slave, and you steal just enough for a sweet lick of that shiny brass ring.

Don't I get a lick?

Doesn't Gil get a lick?!

Follow up question: “What age should the age of consent be?” Imagine the squirming.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If people are gonna get into arguments over this poo poo, I think Mathew 18:6 is a decent thing to quote

quote:

But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump’s spray tan is getting a liiiiiiiittle too dark for Jeff’s liking.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

namaste faggots posted:

What the gently caress is observer.com?

The website of Kushner's newspaper.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Glumslinger posted:

If people are gonna get into arguments over this poo poo, I think Mathew 18:6 is a decent thing to quote

I feel like Ezekiel 23:20 is appropriate here as well.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You have to wonder about the timing here folks.
Maybe it’s because this predator is on a national stage and the victims think it’s a good time to sacrifice their privacy and sanity to bring it public.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

In the 1950, everyone in their 30s hung around the local high school and tried to gently caress sophomores.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
In today's latest Not An Onion headline

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/928827106217349121

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I feel like Ezekiel 23:20 is appropriate here as well.

I was always partial to Matthew 21:17 for this case.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Moore was leading Jones by 6 points prior to the news. Contrary to a lot of posts here, to me, that seems totally surmountable.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Thaddius the Large posted:

Trump’s spray tan is getting a liiiiiiiittle too dark for Jeff’s liking.

comment made my day.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Honestly the Seniors going after Freshmen was seen as kind of skeevy in highschool.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Rinkles posted:

Moore was leading Jones by 6 points prior to the news. Contrary to a lot of posts here, to me, that seems totally surmountable.

There was a poll that came out today which had Moore up by 11.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Flip Yr Wig posted:

If the Moore story has any impact, it will be to keep a few more Republicans who were already embarrassed by Moore away from the ballot and get a few Democrats into the booths. Every edge is important, but it probably won't swing things.

Looks like winning in Alabama is possible, but not garunteed. I'd consider this a toss up until we get more information, could swing either way depending on whether the supporters with reservations believe these allegations.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/9-key-questions-about-roy-moore-and-the-alabama-senate-race/

quote:

Where did the race stand before the Post story?

The five most recent public pollsters to survey the race — all before Thursday’s allegations — found, on average, Moore ahead of his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, 48 percent to 42 percent. That sounds like a pretty decent lead until you realize that President Trump won Alabama by 28 points in 2016.

Why was Moore underperforming?

Alabama is a ruby-red state, but Moore has a had a long and controversial record there — which might explain why he’s not doing as well as you might expect for a Republican.

Polls differ a bit on why Moore has been struggling, but they all agree that he’s having trouble with voters who don’t identify as evangelical. (Moore has been doing fine among Alabama’s heavily evangelical Republican base.) Hillary Clinton won non-evangelical voters in Alabama by 12 percentage points in 2016, according to the Cooperative Congressional Election Study. But Moore is doing much worse than Trump did among that group. Jones was leading Moore among non-evangelical voters by around 40 points, according to a JMC Analytics and Polling survey and an Opinion Savvy poll.

Another weakness for Moore? Alabama’s independent voters. Both a Fox News poll and the Opinion Savvy poll have Jones winning independents even though Trump carried them in Alabama by 49 percentage points according to the CCES.

It’s possible that Moore has already lost the Alabama voters who would have been most likely to abandon him in light of the Post story. That said, the Fox News poll found that 42 percent of Moore’s supporters had reservations about him, so either they’ve made their peace voting for a candidate they see as flawed or they already have one foot out the door and the Post story could send them the rest of the way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Not anymore. At least he no longer has an ownership stake/isn't involved editorially.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Huh. That's interesting, Trump.

Say do any of you know why I can't find the psyduck with the brains bursting into demonic hellfire?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is Trump purposefully trying to get himself uninvited from all international affairs?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Nocartax posted:

Follow up question: “What age should the age of consent be?” Imagine the squirming.

To paraphrase the Supreme Court, I don't know what the age of consent is, but I'll know it when I see it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This has to be a Trump original idea that nobody can talk him out of.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The future of a poo poo ton of industry is in eco friendly and renewable stuff so all Trump is doing is putting the US in a 4 year hole behind the rest of the world as every other developed country rushes forward developing and building the stuff which will probably cost the US literally trillions of dollars in lost revenue and growth over the long term.

MAGA

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Charlz Guybon posted:

Looks like winning in Alabama is possible, but not garunteed. I'd consider this a toss up until we get more information, could swing either way depending on whether the supporters with reservations believe these allegations.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/9-key-questions-about-roy-moore-and-the-alabama-senate-race/

The big issue is that while a 6 point lead is not insurmountable in a hypothetical generic race, it might be in a deeply conservative state for the minority party if Moore has a high enough floor of support.

The DNC should be dumping resources into Alabama as of tomorrow. They won't, but if there was ever a time to, now is that time.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/928831992942202881

Man we are retreading some Saville territory here

The ironic thing about this is these same people vilified Anthony Weiner for sexting a 16 year old.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is that supposed to be a reference to Ted Nugent, who also did creepy things with teens in his 30s

Yeah, how hasn't all the poo poo Ted Nugent did blown up yet?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The future of a poo poo ton of industry is in eco friendly and renewable stuff so all Trump is doing is putting the US in a 4 year hole behind the rest of the world as every other developed country rushes forward developing and building the stuff which will probably cost the US literally trillions of dollars in lost revenue and growth over the long term.

Pretty much, this is the big tragedy with regards to the current strategies of the Republicans and to a lesser extent the Democrats. No one wants to do an infrastructure moonshot and dump several trillion dollars into building all this new, awesome, green stuff we need everywhere, and if we did it would help a lot of the people currently angry at the system economically. Instead the snake oil salesmen tell them the path of least resistance is clinging to the past and they lap it up. :smith:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Revenge

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Nucleic Acids posted:

Yeah, how hasn't all the poo poo Ted Nugent did blown up yet?

Bust David Lee Roth while they're at it :rolleye:

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

mango sentinel posted:

He sold that newspaper im pretty sure.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Young Freud posted:

The ironic thing about this is these same people vilified Anthony Weiner for sexting a 16 year old.

They also nearly got people killed pushing a fake story about the Clinton's pedophilia sex ring.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

pkay posted:

He sold that newspaper im pretty sure.

He stepped down from the editorial board and released a statement that he would divest himself but I never saw any confirmation on the latter.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm in my 30s and I truly can't imagine seeing a 14 year old and feeling an urge to do anything besides give her helpful advise that she might actually listen to or feel proud of the next generation. Like, seriously, picture how hosed up you have to be to defend a viewpoint that says it's okay to be ten years out of college and ask a loving high school student on a date. Try to understand that brain and feel relieved when you encounter an absolute labyrinth of confusion.

This motherfucker told her mom he would babysit her. He was purporting to protect her from some of the emotional difficulties of her parents going through a divorce. He wasn't just some thirsty rear end in a top hat with no respect for women, he was a predator who actively pursued the vulnerable, and the right is falling all over itself to defend him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bicyclops posted:

I'm in my 30s and I truly can't imagine seeing a 14 year old and feeling an urge to do anything besides give her helpful advise that she might actually listen to or feel proud of the next generation. Like, seriously, picture how hosed up you have to be to defend a viewpoint that says it's okay to be ten years out of college and ask a loving high school student on a date. Try to understand that brain and feel relieved when you encounter an absolute labyrinth of confusion.

This motherfucker told her mom he would babysit her. He was purporting to protect her from some of the emotional difficulties of her parents going through a divorce. He wasn't just some thirsty rear end in a top hat with no respect for women, he was a predator who actively pursued the vulnerable, and the right is falling all over itself to defend him.

Yeah, this sums it up well

:yikes:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Office Pig posted:

Huh. That's interesting, Trump.

Say do any of you know why I can't find the psyduck with the brains bursting into demonic hellfire?

Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

Pretty much, this is the big tragedy with regards to the current strategies of the Republicans and to a lesser extent the Democrats. No one wants to do an infrastructure moonshot and dump several trillion dollars into building all this new, awesome, green stuff we need everywhere, and if we did it would help a lot of the people currently angry at the system economically. Instead the snake oil salesmen tell them the path of least resistance is clinging to the past and they lap it up. :smith:

OT, but does anyone know if the Energy Generation thread died or moved?

• Locked thread