Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

rage-saq posted:

lol aren't a pair of Vive controllers $260, plus you would need a pair of lighthouses which are another $240?

Oh.. didn't realize they were so crazy expensive. I'm used to $59 rift cameras and $100 Touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

Oh.. didn't realize they were so crazy expensive. I'm used to $59 rift cameras and $100 Touch.

I'm hoping valve will take the reins on manufacturing the knuckle controllers. The price on the wands from HTC is basically just to make money from people who want the controllers for mixed reality videos or people who want two set of controllers (like arcades) so while one set of charging you can still play with other set.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

SlayVus posted:

I'm hoping valve will take the reins on manufacturing the knuckle controllers. The price on the wands from HTC is basically just to make money from people who want the controllers for mixed reality videos or people who want two set of controllers (like arcades) so while one set of charging you can still play with other set. smashed one of their controllers to death

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yes but I can't really get the Rift on my giant head with my giant glasses.

So pay 50 bucks for the lenses, Its still cheaper and still has better controls. Also Black friday is 50 bucks off. So theres that.

Zero VGS posted:

Right? 200+ for replacement controllers. HTC you can blow me. I'll stick to my touch controls with hot swapable NORMAL AA batteries.

All you people trying to dodge the rift for some reason, I guess enjoy paying more for less*. Rifts where its at right now in VR.

*Yes theres clearly neat things the vive can do that the rift cannot. Such as the camera, and light houses being simply easier to setup. Its just not worth the cost increase to get into VR is all.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 10, 2017

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Is there an appreciable reason the lighthouses are so expensive? Don't they just throw out an array of light? It feels like the Rift cameras (which actually see things, if I understand right) should be more expensive.

Of course, I guess Oculus could just be using the hardware as a loss leader.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Boxman posted:

Is there an appreciable reason the lighthouses are so expensive? Don't they just throw out an array of light? It feels like the Rift cameras (which actually see things, if I understand right) should be more expensive.

Of course, I guess Oculus could just be using the hardware as a loss leader.

Two words: moving parts

Edit: The Rift cameras are literally just webcams with IR filter over them, probably costs them $2 to make.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Moving parts with very precise tolerances

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
The Lighthouse 2.0 gets it from two motors down to one, and removes the LED timing array, so it is supposed to be a lot cheaper:

https://skarredghost.com/2017/06/07/need-know-steamvr-tracking-2-0-will-foundation-vive-2/

But, it won't work with the current Vive, they'll need to revise the HMD's hardware to work with the upcoming stuff, or they might save it for Vive 2.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I had no idea there were moving bits in there. I thought it was just a specific light pattern continuously thrown out, Kinect/face ID style.

That’s neat!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Boxman posted:

I had no idea there were moving bits in there. I thought it was just a specific light pattern continuously thrown out, Kinect/face ID style.

That’s neat!

It's very neat! There is one pattern it blasts across the entire room at the same time, then it sweeps a laser across in the horizontal direction. Each sensor records how long it takes, then taking into account how fast the laser spins, knows the horizontal angle it's at compared to the lighthouse. Then it sweeps the vertical laser the same way. Since you've got a bunch of sensors, and each knows the relevant angles, it can use that to find the exact location of the thing in the room.

There's some extra magic going on to account for how these angles change while things are moving blah blah but this is the main logic. This way you just need sensors that can detect a single value of how bright the light is instead of any cameras or anything. It's pretty loving clever

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Has anyone used a Windows mixed reality headset using a Mac via Bootcamp/windows 10?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Hopefully Skyrim VR will have a way of shouting into the headset mic to actually cast the dragon shouts.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

Hopefully Skyrim VR will have a way of shouting into the headset mic to actually cast the dragon shouts.

I feel like voice recognition would work for a lot of stuff, dialogue in particular.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

SwissCM posted:

I feel like voice recognition would work for a lot of stuff, dialogue in particular.

You know, with stuff like Fallout 4 VR or Skyrim VR, this would actually probably work pretty well. Have it pop up the 4 dialog options or whatever, then it just has to detect which of the 4 you say out loud (or none if what you say doesn't seem to be a choice). Voice recognition isn't perfect, but figuring out which of a very limited pool of options shouldn't be that tough.

This would have the added bonus of making people playing VR games look even stupider to outside observers than they do already.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Google, Amazon, and Apple already struggle with voice recognition and their poo poo runs algorithms in the cloud to figure out what you're saying.

Makes me wonder if trying to scream different rune combos would even be possible to recognize accurately.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Bremen posted:

You know, with stuff like Fallout 4 VR or Skyrim VR, this would actually probably work pretty well. Have it pop up the 4 dialog options or whatever, then it just has to detect which of the 4 you say out loud (or none if what you say doesn't seem to be a choice). Voice recognition isn't perfect, but figuring out which of a very limited pool of options shouldn't be that tough.

This would have the added bonus of making people playing VR games look even stupider to outside observers than they do already.

It seems obvious to me. Most conversation options usually have distinct keywords, and detecting enough of them within a certain threshold would cause the conversation to go down that path. It'd be sort of like a stage play and would allow for a little improvisation on behalf of the player. I'm sure you could game it by stringing together ridiculous sentences, sort of like that SNES Family Feud speedrun but it'd be fine as long as it works when you commit to it.

Bolting speech recognition onto existing systems might work okay, probably better than selecting from a menu, but I think a dialogue system built with speech recognition in mind could really be something special.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Skyrim had a voice reconigition mod for the shouts idk how well it worked, but also now that I think about it I think the 360 version also had voice recognition via Kinect. And while I'm thinking about Skyrim VR mods I just realized it's gonna turn into nothing but a VR sex game for some people

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

SwissCM posted:

It seems obvious to me. Most conversation options usually have distinct keywords, and detecting enough of them within a certain threshold would cause the conversation to go down that path. It'd be sort of like a stage play and would allow for a little improvisation on behalf of the player. I'm sure you could game it by stringing together ridiculous sentences, sort of like that SNES Family Feud speedrun but it'd be fine as long as it works when you commit to it.

Bolting speech recognition onto existing systems might work okay, probably better than selecting from a menu, but I think a dialogue system built with speech recognition in mind could really be something special.

I think the problem with free forming it is that the game will only have a few pre-programed responses. Sure you might be agreeing to kill the dragon, but depending on how you say it the canned response might be completely inappropriate.

I'm particularly thinking of the at launch Fallout 4 dialog system where it gave you short descriptions of dialog options instead of what your character would say, and how horrible that actually worked in practice. Letting you free form dialog and having NPCs react based on keywords would be far worse.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Heads up I clicked on an e-mail from GreenManGaming, looks like there's an extra 5% coupon applicable for Doom 3 VFR that expires in 55 minutes from this post if you log in and look at the VIP tab. It's 10% off for pre-order already, which should bring it to -15%; voucher popup isn't loading for me so I don't know the exact final price but I think it'll be $25.49.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is there a list of vr games that are worth buying?

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Might be best if you ask about the ones that interest you. Good selection of games now within several genres.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

Just getting started in VR but I really enjoyed Superhot and Gorn, my wife likes Brookhaven Experiment, and my daughter likes Tilt Brush and Job Simulator.

My hand has a gash that's still healing for 2 weeks ago when I just had to murder the last guy in Gorn and I jumped across the room and punched my tv console. No regrets.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Jymmybob posted:

Just getting started in VR but I really enjoyed Superhot and Gorn, my wife likes Brookhaven Experiment, and my daughter likes Tilt Brush and Job Simulator.

My hand has a gash that's still healing for 2 weeks ago when I just had to murder the last guy in Gorn and I jumped across the room and punched my tv console. No regrets.
These are fun demos, but there are real games available now, like Lone Echo and Talos Principle.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just a heads up, if you were contacted by Gunfire Games because you provided feedback during the From Other Suns beta test, you may want to check your email.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Ralith posted:

These are fun demos, but there are real games available now, like Lone Echo and Talos Principle.

I haven't tried much else because I don't have much time for the longer single player stuff so things like superhot and gorn are terrific to jump into to burn off steam for 30 minutes. I'm planning on giving Duck Season a run this weekend though.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Jymmybob posted:

I haven't tried much else because I don't have much time for the longer single player stuff so things like superhot and gorn are terrific to jump into to burn off steam for 30 minutes. I'm planning on giving Duck Season a run this weekend though.

Lots of people complain that duck season is repetitive but I liked it a lot.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Lots of people complain that duck season is repetitive but I liked it a lot.

Yeah, shooting the shotgun is really satisfying. The only really good implementation of 2 handed guns that I've played

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Lemming posted:

Yeah, shooting the shotgun is really satisfying. The only really good implementation of 2 handed guns that I've played

The shooting is fine but I liked the other elements a lot more.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

GutBomb posted:

All of its good. And its also a great game to play in bursts since you can burn through a single run pretty quickly.

I should do more play throughs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Oh yeah, but you do the shooting so much in between that if it was bad I wouldn't have played it as much as I did

Towards the end of trying to find all the endings I started wanted to skip the shooting sections a bit but I super enjoyed it for the most part

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Lemming posted:

The Goon made Skeet Game had better gun handling in my opinion.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Google Butt posted:

Subnautica

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I can't even handle Subnautica on a monitor. Just thinking about playing it in VR reduces me to a wreck.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Google Butt posted:

I think theres a lot worth buying. In no particular order here's a list of ones I consider worth their cost, your mileage may vary of course depending on particular tastes and genres but maybe this will give you an idea of some stuff to look at.

I'll start off the list with Oculus published titles you'll need revive for, which if you haven't used it before is generally incredibly easy to set up and use, though sometimes people have performance issues on some games.

-Chronos you'll need a gamepad to play it, its a seated 3rd person action RPG, a sort of dark souls lite. It has an interesting mechanic with your character aging, and is a fun 10+ hour game with beautiful locations. Some people think 3rd person in VR seems weird, but its a really enjoyable and quality VR experience.
-Lone Echo My personal choice for best VR game yet released, worth looking into at least. AAA production values, an amazing NPC companion and acting, beautiful world to explore at your pace (the first part is open to explore the whole area in whatever order you want), fun story, and probably 6-7 hour campaign.
-The Mage's Tale The best dungeon crawler RPG so far in VR (though theres only a couple to be fair..) still, it has some fun spell crafting, is a long 10+ hour game, lots of levels, beautiful environments, and some of the best exploration i've ever seen in a dungeon crawler. There are secrets upon secrets, in other secrets next to other secrets. The world is packed with so much hidden stuff (and I don't just mean collectables, but hidden passages and stuff), that you are basically guaranteed to miss a bunch of stuff without realizing it. This one also is coming to steam and the vive, though I don't think they've said the exact date when it will, so it might be worth just waiting for its release there or not depending on how much if any, you're interested. Still, when it does, well worth the price.
-Robo Recall One of, if not the best arcade action VR shoot-em-ups. Blow apart, rip apart robots, use them as shields, etc. about 9 different missions over several maps, boss battles, a great sense of humor and some of the best visuals this side of Lone Echo in VR. Its been a popular title so revive support is generally great with this one, in addition because Epic released the source info for it, someone made a native steamVR executable for it so it doesn't even need a wrapper.
-Wilson's Heart This one is a bit polarizing because its pretty light on the challenge and puzzle solving which is its biggest weakness. However, if you're the type that likes interactive fiction, it makes a great story to play through with some beautiful design and a great 50's horror aesthetic.
-Witchblood Another one that might seam silly in VR, its a side scrolling metroidvania game. Still, I really enjoyed it, and if you like that style of game you probably will to, and for like 7 bucks (4 or so on sale) I think it easily fits the bill as something worth its cost for a cute little 4 hour game.
-Arkitka.1 This came out recently, and its a pretty fun shooter. Made by the metro devs so its a beautiful world, a bunch of gun options and upgrades, they feel good to shoot, etc. Honestly I have a harder time saying this is worth it at full price, it didn't grab my like others, but if you catch it on sale I think its easily worth it, and if you're looking for polished experiences its another of the most polished and full AAA feeling games.
-The Unspoken Again, this is another I would say "if you catch it on sale". Its well done for what it is, has the best spell mechanics of any VR game i've played, and if you like 1v1 competitive games, you might really enjoy it, I'm just personal not a huge fan of that. However they are releasing a free update early next year of a single player campaign, so it might be worth looking at even more then.
-From Other Suns This actually isn't coming out until tuesday, but after playing the open beta, and knowing how they've improved locomotion since then, this is one of the games I'm most excited for. Its basically FTL, and I mean the literally, almost down to the nuts and bolts of it in every way, with the catch that its in VR and you're in first person controlling the ship with a crew of friends online, or AI by yourself. You also get to teleport away on away missions, repel borders, board enemy ships, run across random problems and borderlands style random weapons loot. And as a rougelike, when you die you die and that run is over, so it should have some great replayability. As far as I could tell during the beta, revive worked just fine.

Theres also a few free experiences on the oculus store worth checking out since, hey, they're free, why not.
-Lucky's Tale This is a fun little mario ripoff sort of platformer, but its cute, has a lot of charm and in the end is a really fun experience- especially at the price of free.
-Mission ISS A virtual recreation of the space station interior and exterior with some educational details and videos you can check out along the way with some mini game things like controlling the canadarm. The best part is the incredible detail in the recreation and the fact you move around in zero g by pulling pushing and gliding through it.
-Dragon Front Not my cup of tea, but its free. Its a collectable card game thing, generally a lot of people on it since its also on the gearVR for free, but I'm just not a fan of those card game things. If you are though its probably worth a gander.
-Blade Runner Memory Lab A short maybe 30 minute blade runner experience where you investigate a crime, but its well done, and the holographic recording of actors used is the best I have ever seen.
-First Contact Nothing here really for anyone experienced with VR, but if you're showing VR to someone brand new, its right up there with The Lab as an experience to get people acclimated. I would actually say its better than the lab as a starting point because it goes reallly basic into how to interact in vr and its only a short experience, though really well done. Usually with someone new I'm showing VR I start them in First Contact, then load up The Lab. That covers all the bases.
EDIT: Oh I forgot Echo Arena Its the multiplayer component to Lone Echo, and its free for anyone. Its a sort of zero G disc soccer game thing by way of ender's game battle rooms. Worth checking out, but also a good test to see how you like the locomotion and mechanics before picking up Lone Echo.

Okay! So Oculus stuff out of the way, theres a lot on steam I would recommend to someone just getting into VR:

-Onward I was skeptical about this one for ages, but gave it a chance and enjoyed it, despite my hatred of waiting around after 1 death staring at a virtual screen waiting for the round to be over. Its probably the best and most complete milsim type shooter out there, especially in terms of polish.
-Pavlov The other big one, its nice to have a deathmatch mode with respawns, and its more forgiving with deaths and getting hit. Basically counterstrike VR. Though I haven't played this as much since...
-Bullets And More (BAM) The jankiest and ugliest of the milsim shooters by far. However, it introduced an ace up its sleeve with a very fun battle royale mode. I had never played and only vaguely heard of that pubg game so this was my first exposure and I had a blast. Its quite fun, though any other mode I'd eaaaaaaasily rather play onward or pavlov.
-Superhot Can't recommend this one enough. Wonderful game, fantastic. Great gimmick that works well in VR and the endless modes I could play for hours. It just makes you feel like a total bad rear end.
-Killing Floor Incursion Originally only on the oculus store, its coming to steam next week on the 14th. Theres a full single player co-op campaign, as well as a multiplayer horde mode. Basically zombie shooting but done really well. Polished, well executed and professional.
-Batman Arkham VR I will stress this if, and only if you either find it like %50 off on sale, or are really incredibly into batman that you'll pay full price. Its a wonderful experience, but thats all really, like an hour long experience.
-Star Trek: Bridge Crew If you're a fan of Star Trek it's a no brainer, but even if you're not and just like fun co-op stuff, its a really wonderful experience. You and 3 others man the stations and have to complete mission in the star ship, communication is key and leads to some amazing and fun moments (especially when poo poo hits the fan). It also has crossplay with not just oculus but PSVR as well so its been one of the more populated games, at least I've never had trouble finding a group. The downside is that Its a bit light on content, though there is a random mission mode, none of the categories of random end up being that random so they start to feel samey. Really needs an injection of content, but I still got my monies worth easily.
-Far Beyond A fun little sort of roguelike, where you're on a ship repairing the systems and trying to make it home. The repairing is the fun bit as stuff breaks all the time and you have to manually unscrew panels and replace parts etc. It can be a bit hard and unforgiving though, still worth a look if you like that sort of thing.
-New Retro Arcade If you like emulators and early 90's neon blacklight arcade aesthetic, this is a fun little title. Its a virtual arcade where you have to supply the roms and artwork for all the cabinets and posters around the place, but after that can wander around your own arcade playing games, etc.
-Pinball FX VR A really fun pinball game, I used to play this constantly. Absolutely the best way to play computer pinball, though my dream would be to have some real life classic tables in it instead of just their own custom tables. Still, its fun.
-A Bunch of Serious Sam Games Theres a bunch of serious sam games. If you like shooters and serious sam, probably worth a look.
-I Expect You to Die A fun escape room game where you'll die a lot and learn through trial and error. You're a 60's style secret agent in various scenarios trying to escape or accomplish a mission. Theres 5 different missions and you'll probably get at least 4 hours out of, though theres not a ton of replay unless you want to unlock all the secrets or beat a time record. Still its a heck of a lot of fun and worth it.
-The Gallery (both episodes_ A pair (though the first chapter is a lot shorter) of adventure games that really have a lot of charm and atmosphere. Well made and worth every penny if you like adventure games.
-Arizona Sunshine I haven't actually played this one yet, but I've heard enough endorsements over the months to feel its something worth checking out.
-Rec Room A free experience, it has some fun games, but sometimes can get overloaded with obnoxious little kids. Still, its free.
-Obduction My favorite VR puzzle game so far. Absolutely amazing world to explore and some of the best puzzles ever in a Myst style game. Everything felt like natural problem solving to get past stuff, instead of feeling like "heres a sliding puzzle unconnected to anything, now solve it to continue". Can't recommend it enough if you like adventure games, however I've heard it has some performance issues if you don't have a better video card.

Ok, my brain is starting to turn to mush trying to remember all these games, and I know I'm probably forgetting a ton of games, not to mention the great games that I haven't played so can't comment on. All of these though I've considered worth the money to myself, and maybe that will give you some ideas of whats worth your money if anything sounds interesting to you.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 11, 2017

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Add Sairento VR to that list and I'd pretty much agree!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/555880/Sairento_VR/

Some of the best teleport locomotion ever, fun as hell. Bullet time, Swords, Bows, Cyber Ninja.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Bremen posted:

I can't even handle Subnautica on a monitor. Just thinking about playing it in VR reduces me to a wreck.

Yeah, there are still certain parts of the ocean I don't venture into. My first night dive (I've only ever played the game in VR) had me standing on my escape pod, psyching myself up to jump in for a good 2-3 minutes.

But drat is it ever beautiful and immersive, even with the texture pop-in. Being able to look up and see the huge creatures swimming above you, it's magical. One of the best VR experiences I've had.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Tom Guycot posted:

Ok, my brain is starting to turn to mush trying to remember all these games, and I know I'm probably forgetting a ton of games, not to mention the great games that I haven't played so can't comment on. All of these though I've considered worth the money to myself, and maybe that will give you some ideas of whats worth your money if anything sounds interesting to you.

I'd probably also throw in:

Eleven Table Tennis VR which does exactly what it says on the box. Ping pong feels close to perfect in VR and this is probably the most solid version of it.
Cosmic Trip is a somewhat overlooked VR RTS with a load of personality and a really polished interface. It used to be quite limited, but ever since the full version was released it has reams of content. You can wave at a robot and it waves back. It's really good.
Ultrawings looks pretty basic, but it does arcade-style cockpit flight better than any other VR game I've played. Lots of content and doing loops and stuff with the rocket glider is among some of the most intense (in a good way) VR stuff I've done.
Climbey is early access and it shows, but as long as you can stomach it's style of locomotion this game is the best VR representation of climbing you can get. There's a demo, check that out before buying.
Vanishing Realms was a launch title for the Vive, but over the last year or so it's gotten a bunch of improvements. It was pretty ahead of it's time in terms of gameplay and still plays well today, particularly now that they've added more locomotion options and made the game world a bit more open.
Gorn has set the standard for hand to hand combat in VR. Nothing feels better than it at the moment. I've been playing it a lot.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SwissCM posted:

I'd probably also throw in:

Eleven Table Tennis VR which does exactly what it says on the box. Ping pong feels close to perfect in VR and this is probably the most solid version of it.
Cosmic Trip is a somewhat overlooked VR RTS with a load of personality and a really polished interface. It used to be quite limited, but ever since the full version was released it has reams of content. You can wave at a robot and it waves back. It's really good.
Ultrawings looks pretty basic, but it does arcade-style cockpit flight better than any other VR game I've played. Lots of content and doing loops and stuff with the rocket glider is among some of the most intense (in a good way) VR stuff I've done.
Climbey is early access and it shows, but as long as you can stomach it's style of locomotion this game is the best VR representation of climbing you can get. There's a demo, check that out before buying.
Vanishing Realms was a launch title for the Vive, but over the last year or so it's gotten a bunch of improvements. It was pretty ahead of it's time in terms of gameplay and still plays well today, particularly now that they've added more locomotion options and made the game world a bit more open.
Gorn has set the standard for hand to hand combat in VR. Nothing feels better than it at the moment. I've been playing it a lot.

Yeah these are all great that I forgot about.

Honestly the fact that there are enough good VR games at this point that I struggle to even keep them straight and remember them all says something. I honestly feel going into 2018 content is not the huge nagging problem VR had a year ago, things feel really good at the moment.

EDIT: Case in point I also forgot about Edge of Nowhere which was one of my favorite games of last year as well...

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 12, 2017

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

How is edge of nowhere on the jumpscares? I’m awful with that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Boxman posted:

How is edge of nowhere on the jumpscares? I’m awful with that stuff.

Almost none, well, there 2 i can think of, one right at the beginning and another later on. For the most part its a action platformer/stealth game. You're usually sneaking around seeing the harmful stuff. Its got a great atmosphere, and I'm a sucker for lovecraftian settings, so playing a sort of 'At the Mountains of Madness' in VR was a delight for me.

Its definitely not an on edge game like a dreadhalls or something where things are popping out around every corner, its more just moody and psychological.