Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

VulgarandStupid posted:

Well it’s entirely true, although from what I hear it was much more apparent with Grimmmmz before he had his break down. I mean, I can look for every fight possible and I still can’t get nearly as many kills in a game as these popular streamers and with kills comes loot. Also, most stream snipers are horrible at the game.

I'm just saying the impact it has on his ability to win or do well in a game is slim to none. I think the main reason he doesn't bother stopping them is that when he doesn't have stream snipers he still wins it's just much more boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

lohli posted:

What breakdown did grimmmz have? Was it the trying to get people banned thing?

Generally when you write a whole page of apologies and then stop playing PUBG, that can be considered some what of a breakdown.

Tweak posted:

I'm just saying the impact it has on his ability to win or do well in a game is slim to none. I think the main reason he doesn't bother stopping them is that when he doesn't have stream snipers he still wins it's just much more boring

Hopefully you're not a statistician.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I just watch a lot of shroud and find your assertions questionable \/:shobon:\/

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

mike12345 posted:

did disrespect and shroud stop playing? I heard them mumbling something about "bugs", but not sure if that's the reason or whatever

Doc at least pretty openly hates the game, mostly due to desync/lag. There's just not many alternatives around that draw the same kind of viewership.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Tweak posted:

I just watch a lot of shroud and find your assertions questionable \/:shobon:\/

How many games have you ever complained about have you ever complained about not having an optic better than a red dot? How many games does he complain about it? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Well it’s entirely true, although from what I hear it was much more apparent with Grimmmmz before he had his break down. I mean, I can look for every fight possible and I still can’t get nearly as many kills in a game as these popular streamers and with kills comes loot. Also, most stream snipers are horrible at the game.

So what you’re asking is for the discord to stream snipe you.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

VulgarandStupid posted:

How many games have you ever complained about have you ever complained about not having an optic better than a red dot? How many games does he complain about it? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

very few and/or none? Meanwhile I certainly can think about him complaining about having no scopes when the player count is < 20 people

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Dyz posted:

So what you’re asking is for the discord to stream snipe you.

A few have tried and I have no problem with that. We also used to occasionally pile onto some obscure server and all drop in the same city. I came out on top a bunch of times. It's fun, I love fighting and either of these situations is 100% better than fighting botters and cheaters.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

So there's an interesting new bug. When you try to get into a Dacia it can say "not enough room" even when there are spare seats., so you have to have some people get out of the car, then you can all get back in again.

...HOWEVER when you have left the car, the game may still somewhat register you as being in the car, in that if you then blow up the vehicle, some of the people who were previously in the car will get killed as if they were still in the car, despite being 50m away.

So uh, don't get in Dacias I guess? May also affect other cars but have only seen it in Dacias so far.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Saw something similar at least a few patches ago where someone couldn't get into the car and we all had to get out to fix it, no explosions though.

Double Bill posted:

Doc at least pretty openly hates the game, mostly due to desync/lag. There's just not many alternatives around that draw the same kind of viewership.

My favourite doc clip is the one where he potatoes almost every shot at very close range with an AKM against a guy who is strafing side to side a bit and he starts screaming about how lovely a game it is and says the guy was rubberbanding allover the place.

My other favourite is the one where he gets banned after TKing someone.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So I got myself a Razer Deathadder mouse, this thing is crazy sensitive I know I can knock it back a few, but I'm trying to find a good balance since my old optical you really had to move it in order to turn and look and aim. Anyone have any decent advice on what would be a good middle ground from the lowest sensitivity to the next tick upward?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, here's a thing about a thing.

https://kotaku.com/guy-who-just-quit-his-job-to-stream-battlegrounds-expla-1820309727/amp

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Jiro posted:

So I got myself a Razer Deathadder mouse, this thing is crazy sensitive I know I can knock it back a few, but I'm trying to find a good balance since my old optical you really had to move it in order to turn and look and aim. Anyone have any decent advice on what would be a good middle ground from the lowest sensitivity to the next tick upward?

400 dpi

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Good for him :unsmith:

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Jiro posted:

https://prosettings.net/pubg-pro-settings-gear-list/

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Speedhackers are getting faster.

Just had a guy using a Crossbow for his headshots complete a raise on a friend in less then a second after I downed his buddy. I had seen them be like 1/3rd the standard speed but the instant raise is new.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

I'm sure he's great and all, but how about this dude:

https://kotaku.com/trying-to-make-i...7425.1467134244

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

always be closing posted:

I'm sure he's great and all, but how about this dude:

https://kotaku.com/trying-to-make-i...7425.1467134244

Dude looked like he was this close a heart attack to begin with anyway.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
7am to 3pm seems like a poor time to stream.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Not specific to this situation, but it's still funny to me how this Far Side comic ended up becoming real life for a ton of people:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Goffer posted:

I'd actually watch a lot more. I put streams on off to the side while I work but when I get home I prefer to actually be playing the game so I don't usually watch his stream.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Double Bill posted:

honestly there aren't any games out there that are as fun to watch or play competitively as pubg, hackers and early game lag aside. Counterstrike is the closest comparison but I think it's gotten pretty stale for people over the years.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Goffer posted:

I think it's to also tap in to the EU crowd. I have never caught him streaming due to his current schedule for instance.

DentArthurDent
Aug 3, 2010

Diddums
Shroud's stream snipers make his games somewhat more amusing to watch, but what effect is it having on everyone else actually playing in that particular match who is not a stream sniper (or Shroud)?

The PUBG map can, at times, feel a little empty once the first wave of fighting is over and you are past the first circle. Sometimes there can be a lot of wandering around with little or no contact, which can last a while before the endgame. Obviously, how bad this is will vary based on where you dropped and your particular play-style.

Many times, after Shroud has killed off the first wave of stream snipers and is wandering the map, you will hear him say something like "drat, this game can be so boring!", and all I can think is, "Are you loving kidding?" What must it be like for the other players, when maybe 10-20% of the people who dropped are all rushing off to some corner of the map to go after Shroud (or another streamer) and are killed in the first few minutes. This is in addition to all the people killed early in popular locations like the School or Military Base. The map feels empty enough at the best of times - when you are playing a match with a popular streamer who does not discourage snipers, the middle phase of the game can feel like a deserted wasteland. We have all experienced suspiciously empty maps like that.

I know there's no 100% guaranteed way to stop all stream snipers, but I wish Shroud did not work so hard to encourage them, and do nothing to try and discourage them. It lessens the game for anyone else in that particular match. And yes, he is just one guy...but there are dozens of streamers popular enough to attract snipers, each playing for many hours of the day. It's a problem.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNZnfKYnU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Have they ever stated a reason they don't do matchmaking by MMR for solo play?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

DentArthurDent posted:

Shroud's stream snipers make his games somewhat more amusing to watch, but what effect is it having on everyone else actually playing in that particular match who is not a stream sniper (or Shroud)?

The PUBG map can, at times, feel a little empty once the first wave of fighting is over and you are past the first circle. Sometimes there can be a lot of wandering around with little or no contact, which can last a while before the endgame. Obviously, how bad this is will vary based on where you dropped and your particular play-style.

Many times, after Shroud has killed off the first wave of stream snipers and is wandering the map, you will hear him say something like "drat, this game can be so boring!", and all I can think is, "Are you loving kidding?" What must it be like for the other players, when maybe 10-20% of the people who dropped are all rushing off to some corner of the map to go after Shroud (or another streamer) and are killed in the first few minutes. This is in addition to all the people killed early in popular locations like the School or Military Base. The map feels empty enough at the best of times - when you are playing a match with a popular streamer who does not discourage snipers, the middle phase of the game can feel like a deserted wasteland. We have all experienced suspiciously empty maps like that.

I know there's no 100% guaranteed way to stop all stream snipers, but I wish Shroud did not work so hard to encourage them, and do nothing to try and discourage them. It lessens the game for anyone else in that particular match. And yes, he is just one guy...but there are dozens of streamers popular enough to attract snipers, each playing for many hours of the day. It's a problem.

Actually you'll find it's not a problem at all if you don't watch streamers

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
PUBG can be incredibly boring if you play in a boring way. It reminds me of something my dad used to say about driving tugboats. "Hours of boredom punctuated by a few moments of sheer terror."

I kind of like it. Sometimes boring but always tense, never sure when you're about to come up on the next gunfight. It really is a game that has something for everyone, and I tend to agree with the AV club's assessment that it's essentially as good a horror game as Friday the 13th, albeit a very different type of horror.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm super chill when it comes down to competitive games but ChocoTaco always looks like he's reached true enlightenment.

DrNutt posted:

PUBG can be incredibly boring if you play in a boring way. It reminds me of something my dad used to say about driving tugboats. "Hours of boredom punctuated by a few moments of sheer terror."

I kind of like it. Sometimes boring but always tense, never sure when you're about to come up on the next gunfight. It really is a game that has something for everyone, and I tend to agree with the AV club's assessment that it's essentially as good a horror game as Friday the 13th, albeit a very different type of horror.

I like boring rear end slow games if I'm being entirely honest.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

DrNutt posted:

We say the same thing about anesthesiology!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Elentor posted:

I'm super chill when it comes down to competitive games but ChocoTaco always looks like he's reached true enlightenment.

I like boring rear end slow games if I'm being entirely honest.

I think part of PUBGs wide appeal is that is has a little something to offer just about everyone. Now if they could just do something about the cheating. Ran into my first obvious cheater since coming back playing duos yesterday and it was super frustrating because it ruined a really promising shooting range drop.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DrNutt posted:

promising shooting range drop.

See this is how we know you're lying

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Maybe I'm lucky or I just don't play enough but I've noticed zero cheaters.

Best part of this game for me is dropping down and scourging for equipment while fighting off other players.

Smaller map would be cool. Maybe just a town with maybe a couple of villages on the outskirts.

Also why haven't they made the blue zone do less damage but you're visible on the map if you hang out there.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

They should make a practice mode where you spawn (with a pistol?) in a random spot on Spawn Island, ~25 players, 15 minute max match time.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

fletcher posted:

See this is how we know you're lying

Lol

This happened to me earlier. Within 5 seconds of landing at Shooting Range, was killed via headshot and I realized I shouldn’t have dropped there anyway.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

sticksy posted:

Lol

This happened to me earlier. Within 5 seconds of landing at Shooting Range, was killed via headshot and I realized I shouldn’t have dropped there anyway.

The loot always sucks at shooting range. Might as well just go to Severny and battle the 3 other squads for that sweet level 1 loot and SMGs

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
The shooting range is great. You come out with an almost guaranteed AR and no helmet.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

The shooting range can be pretty decent, if you swing by the bunker afterwards. Sucks for vehicles, though.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I rarely win, but this one felt good.
https://plays.tv/video/5a04df9270cdad038a/9-kill-dinner?from=user

Dumb stuff:
- Having my gun down while moving up on a guy
- Forgetting to switch Scar to auto at the end
- Using up all my frags before the end

Smart stuff (for me)
- Recognizing I was about to get pinched and falling back after trading shots with another player
- Spotting jabronis in the grass
- Right weapon at the right time

Other stuff for the lists?

Also, UMP is laser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Streamin duos. Come watch us get killed by hackers as we try to regain our duo rating from last season

https://go.twitch.tv/keatonfox23

• Locked thread