Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Caught up on Blend-S. I'm having a good time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Not enough anime of shirtless musclemen punching each other in the face and balls.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I'm enjoying Konohana Kitan, but I don't think I appreciate their tacit encouragement of running with scissors.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Not enough anime of shirtless musclemen punching each other in the face and balls.

If you're fine with manga check out Gengoroh Tagame.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Freakazoid_ posted:

i too am waiting for part 5 of jojo

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

i too am waiting for part 5 of jojo kengan ashura

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Command Ant posted:

I'm enjoying Konohana Kitan, but I don't think I appreciate their tacit encouragement of running with scissors.

Thanks for reminding me a new one came out!

Frozen li'l Yuzu is very sad, but also kinda hilarious.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

:pray:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

If you're fine with manga check out Gengoroh Tagame.

lmao

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to watch more anime. For some reason. It's hard for me to start one. But once I have started one, I can binge it easily.
Started made in abyss yesterday, i'm up to episode 10 now and I wish this had more episodes. It's really interesting.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
That's one of the more subdued reactions I've seen to Made in Abyss.

a kitten posted:

Frozen li'l Yuzu is very sad, but also kinda hilarious.

https://my.mixtape.moe/rgqery.webm

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Command Ant posted:

if they're pointed forward and you're planning to use them on the person in front of you anyways, then what's the problem

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZHnNF-v_Y
Time to chill out.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:toot:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ゆりキャン△

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
No.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/star-blazers-space-battleship-yamato-2199

yamato is now with subs on crunchy.... probably, i cant actually see it thanks to region locking

and here is next season

I'm donw for Dagashi Kashi, Darling in the Franxx, Pop Team Epic, and Yuru Camp

I feel like I've watched too much Yowamushi Pedal to just stop watching Yowamushi Pedal now, but the third season was pretty bad...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Isn't FLCL season 2 and OPM season 2 due to air next year?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cardcaptor, darling in franxx, hakumei, karakai, poputepipic, violet evergarden for confirmed picks and killing bites for spicy pick for me

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is Idolish 7 on the winter chart if its getting simulcasted on Crunchy right now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grouchio posted:

I don't think those have specific dates yet.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Why is Idolish 7 on the winter chart if its getting simulcasted on Crunchy right now.

They just released the first two episodes as a special, the rest are later

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Winterish 7

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I still can't believe this is a thing and that it's being co-produced by [adult swim]* of all people. That there's already a "3" in the works as well is also crazy
I am cautiously optimistic that it'll have the same appeal, and I strangely want it to be only ~6 episodes or so.

This will definitely be an interesting experience to say the least

*I guess AS has a history of supporting anime since they did get The Big O to finally finish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've already confirmed that both 2 and 3 will be 6 episodes each.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

cardcaptor, darling in franxx, hakumei, karakai, poputepipic, violet evergarden for confirmed picks and killing bites for spicy pick for me

For the record, when I say Killing Bites is trashy, I mean Cross Ange or second half of Kill-la-Kill trashy. Murata Shinya don’t play.

Now, folks may be cool with that, but I think it’s the kind of thing that deserves a warning in case they aren’t.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

perhaps it could be the final unprompted warning, as well

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

id actually appreciate it if the title for the next thread is a list of shows not to watch TIA

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Erg posted:

id actually appreciate it if the title for the next thread is a list of shows not to watch TIA

I'm not sure you can fit 37 shows in there.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Winter Season 2018: don't watch citrus, killing bites, death march kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, fate/extra, ryuuou no oshigoto, karakai jouzu takagi-san, märchen mädchen, toji no miko, gakuen babysitters, ramen daisuki koizumi-san, ashita wa doyoubi, mmira no kaikata, yuru camp△, junji ito collection, slow start, sanrio danshi, pop team epic, uchuu yorimo tooi basho, mitsuboshi colors, dame x prince caravan, huggto precure, idolish7 or mameneko. these shows are hosed UP and you have been warned

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 11, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Winter Season 2018: Don't Watch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Winter Season 2018: :golf:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

watch this drivel now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Anime is Blood

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Erg posted:

id actually appreciate it if the title for the next thread is a list of shows not to watch for TNA

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Winter Season 2018: These are all the bad shows this season:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this week's garo managed to be the second best episode so far despite looking the worst. sword's home life and backstory get vaguely sketched in a way that make him feel less like a hypermasculine caricature, and sophie manages to endearingly force her way into the makai knight/alchemist group by being surprisingly resourceful. i hope i'm not off-base in thinking she might get trained in makai alchemy with something tech-related as her magic tools.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
excited about more Card Captor Sakura, Darling in the Franxx is Trigger and will probably be fun, maybe the Fate/EXTRA anime will be good, Hakumei to Mikochi is a cute as gently caress manga and the trailers make the anime look the same, the Mitsuboshi Colors manga is hilarious, Koi wa Ameagari no You ni is a good & sweet romance manga, a good Ito Junji anime could be great, Pop Team Epic is either gonna be disappointing or legendary, Yuru Camp is totally my jam, Violet Evergarden's first ep was unbelievably pretty

these are my positive thoughts on these shows. good season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm gonna watch Mitsuboshi Colors and you can't stop me.

This season is pleasant. Mostly keeping up with 3-gatsu, Ballroom, Magus Bride, and Girls' Last Tour. Whales show is something that I want to check out when I get time, but my raging Path of Exile addiction is limiting me a bit.

• Locked thread