Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Deus took that XADV scooter thing and made a big fuckin EZ90 Cub on it.

It's goofy and pointless, but that was the first motorcycle I lusted after, at about 10 years old maybe. I'm all about this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That thing is awesome

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Slim Pickens posted:

That thing is awesome

yeah that's loving great. I'd get some fat tires on it and make it a beach cruiser in a heartbeat.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

When you consider the fact that Honda made a snow kit for the EZ90, there is another level of bonkers possible

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
At Petite LeMans, every pit crew had a fleet of EZ90s, and I couldn't figure out how they found so many in. I wanted to jump on one so badly, drat the consequences.

What I'm saying is I'd daily that deus bike.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/LLerQ5P.mp4

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I'm not going to multi-quote, but being in Taiwan and owning a Taiwanese bike...

The Kymco Spade is called the A.I.R in Taiwan. It's kind of a late response to the Grom and Aeon My150. Kymco's Honda heritage is a bit more than just talk, and they're teaming up with Kawasaki to build Kawi bikes locally and hopefully beat SYM and Hartford at their own game (that of avoiding the import taxes on big bikes).

SYM doesn't really have an analogue to the Grom, but their 125/150 Wolf is popular enough. SYM has solid enough bikes and even decent 300cc options, though most people riding bikes that big prefer, and have the money for, Japanese bikes.

Hartford has the Ape, which is a Honda Monkey clone, but goes up to 125 or 150. Hartford sells everything at cutthroat prices, and is the only manufacturer with a 250+ bike that sells new for under $4k USD. I don't know anyone who owns one, so I'm not sure of build quality, but I'm skeptical.

My motorcycle is an Aeon My150, which was the first Taiwanese bike to go against the Grom (actually was selling before the Grom was legal to import). Aeon kinda positions itself as being performance and/or more upmarket than other brands. They're fairly popular with people who aren't just buying a daily driver scooter, but older Aeon bikes have some build quality issues.

The biggest Taiwanese manufacturer is actually Yamaha, but they stopped selling below 250cc motorcycles here almost 10 years ago, opting to focus on scooters.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think you are the person I was mentioning in my post who I thought had a spade. I remember now it was an AEON. Do you still enjoy it?

I hate that every time the Kymco Spade comes up the conversation dies off quickly, because I think it's a serious contender in the market. I was considering getting one recently, before I bought the grom, because it seems like it brings a lot to the table.

Nobody ever photographs what that "secret storage compartment" is or how big it is, though.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The OSHA board suffered brain aneurysms and fell twitching on the floor upon viewing that video.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The rider is wearing helmet, goggles, and gear (cape). I see no issue here.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

tjones posted:

The rider is wearing helmet, goggles, and gear (cape). I see no issue here.

That's racing leathers to you.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This is mesmerizing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What I want to see is the bike driving around on the saw blade.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Love this guy and this channel so god drat much. Even if he does look like the lesbian love child of Jay Leno and Jim Carrey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgGU3GYx9Qg

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Keket posted:

Love this guy and this channel so god drat much. Even if he does look like the lesbian love child of Jay Leno and Jim Carrey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgGU3GYx9Qg

I genuinely like the guy.

I mean :]

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

How can such a likable person have such a punchable face?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Somebody at EICMA managed to drop the new Panigale :downsrim:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Renaissance Robot posted:

The model seems to be saying "I am so sorry, I had no idea engine case mounted side stands could be so fragile".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I sat on some kind of expensive Ducati at a motorcycle show once and the man there got angry when I started clicking the shifter. "Don't do that when the vehicle is not in motion."

Sorry you guys can't build a gearbox I guess

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I sat on some kind of expensive Ducati at a motorcycle show once and the man there got angry when I started clicking the shifter. "Don't do that when the vehicle is not in motion."

The gearbox doesn't work perfectly when not in motion, but it doesn't mean you hurt anything by doing it. I'm guessing he was just overly worried about people messing with the bike and thus a dick.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, I have never had a problem clicking my bikes up and down while they're not running. Sometimes you have to spin the rear wheel a bit to get it to go into one gear or another, but I don't think it hurts anything when it doesn't. If a Ducati gearbox is damaged by shifting it when it's not running, well, I guess that's just :italy: for you

Would definitely also believe that the Ducati guy was a dick.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

No, you don't understand. You clearly aren't getting the most perfect example of ducati gearbox feel just shifting in place, and it might confuse a buyer into thinking it had a bad gearbox.

Ola posted:

You will regularly miss gears at speed, but in between them you will find passione.

This is good. I laughed.

Coredump posted:

How can such a likable person have such a punchable face?

He doesn't? But I guess I just don't assess people's faces on if I'd like to attack them, so I really don't see any punchable faces.

Ryan is a good dude, and is a good face of FortNine, no matter how much you'd like to go to fisticuffs.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 11, 2017

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Coydog posted:

No, you don't understand. You clearly aren't getting the most perfect example of ducati gearbox feel just shifting in place, and it might confuse a buyer into thinking it had a bad gearbox.

You will regularly miss gears at speed, but in between them you will find passione.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Oooh, I find passione between gears on my SV650 all the time, nothing says perfect motorcycling experience like losing power and free revving the engine while you're trying to merge on the freeway.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

At the bike event I was at a while ago someone lost control of a Piaggio MP3 and plowed into a row of Moto Guzzi bikes. The MG crew was less than pleased. :v:

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Elviscat posted:

Oooh, I find passione between gears on my SV650 all the time, nothing says perfect motorcycling experience like losing power and free revving the engine while you're trying to merge on the freeway.

Heh. Let me tell you about a transmission on a little bike called the KTM 690 SMC...

Collateral Damage posted:

At the bike event I was at a while ago someone lost control of a Piaggio MP3 and plowed into a row of Moto Guzzi bikes. The MG crew was less than pleased. :v:

This must be the bike show equivilent of an ND at a gun show.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Renaissance Robot posted:

This is what happens when you take a Duc out of it's natural environment, a heated carpeted garage or a Starbucks parking lot

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coydog posted:

He doesn't? But I guess I just don't assess people's faces on if I'd like to attack them, so I really don't see any punchable faces.

Ryan is a good dude, and is a good face of FortNine, no matter how much you'd like to go to fisticuffs.

No doubt he's a good dude which is what makes his face so regrettable. I almost want him to be a dick so I'd feel less guilty, which definitely makes me the rear end in a top hat in this situation. But yeah...

Slim Pickens posted:

Haha, perfect

It's too bad he's like a half step below Ted Cruz in the punchable faces department, though v:v:v

spouse posted:

He's so nice and helpful and cool, but his face is so punchable :(

Chichevache posted:

He's got a great sense of humor for someone with such a punchable face.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Coredump posted:

No doubt he's a good dude which is what makes his face so regrettable. I almost want him to be a dick so I'd feel less guilty, which definitely makes me the rear end in a top hat in this situation. But yeah...

Have you considered the possibility that you are just jealous?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

pokie posted:

Have you considered the possibility that you are just jealous?

Totally, but that's redundant with my being an rear end in a top hat.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

:perfect:

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Cross post from the gif thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is the real reason electric vehicles are the future

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Coydog posted:

I think you are the person I was mentioning in my post who I thought had a spade. I remember now it was an AEON. Do you still enjoy it?

I hate that every time the Kymco Spade comes up the conversation dies off quickly, because I think it's a serious contender in the market. I was considering getting one recently, before I bought the grom, because it seems like it brings a lot to the table.

Nobody ever photographs what that "secret storage compartment" is or how big it is, though.

I'm a terrible lurker...

Yeah, still having fun with it. I've been wanting to get up into the mountains again, but weather's been just as lovely as my work schedule. It's running strong, even after having dropped it trying to avoid a jaywalker. Hopefully I'll be able to start tinkering with it more after my next vacation.

I haven't gotten to play around with the Spade/A.I.R. The My150 set itself apart from the Grom/MX125 by trying to copy the UJM/Taiwanese farm bike style. CPI has basically made an exact copy of the Grom, but the A.I.R., being kinda late to the game in terms of the Taiwanese market, opted to go for a more hipster cafe racer/scrambler look. Despite there being a healthy culture of chopping up old Yamaha SR150s and Kymco Kings and SYM/Kawasaki whatevers, the A.I.R. just doesn't seem to have caught on in the same manner as the My150 and the Grom. Certainly the people making hipster bikes aren't buying it. But, it is a relatively new motorcycle (it's only been out for a little over a year) so we'll see. Personally I thought the KTR was a decent bike.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbZ2G-lFYe4/

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i wanna see the whole circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z2Z5dERmt8

same poo poo but i guess she broke 4 vertabrae ?

Razzled fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 13, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bikes and breakfast?
I wanna meet this dude or lady.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMEuwITsxs0

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8xfRF.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

So, what was it? I get a 404 when i click the link.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 15, 2017