Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's funny because while it's a great game it's not an "excitedly announce this on the big stage at E3 with lights and music and expect the crowd to go wild" type of game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I remember that being one of the more exciting announcements at that conference, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's funny because while it's a great game it's not an "excitedly announce this on the big stage at E3 with lights and music and expect the crowd to go wild" type of game

Peggle 2 is far and away the most exiting announcement in the last decade of EA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was also coupled with "we're returning to mirror's edge" so it was like alright! they're gonna use some these ideas that they bought! but mirror's edge 2 was open wrld blase dogshit that nobody cared about after the weekend it came out. peggle 2 was alright iirc but i think it had microtransactions.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think it just had level DLC, but if they made a peggle 3 today it would definitely have lootboxes and that would be hosed up so please no one make peggle 3

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i tried to go through the dragonlance games in college because i really liked etrian odyssey 2, but after EO2, the in-game maps were just too ghetto. not to mention that they were already fully drawn :(

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
That man could've been announcing Ragnarok and he still would've looked silly doing that jump.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My favourite video game is Portal2. With Super Mario Brothers 3 a close second.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's my birthday today. :homebrew:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

It's my birthday today. :homebrew:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How's the story mode of Injustice 2 compared to MKX? Replaying mkxl right now and I forgot how drat fun/entertaining it is

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

Oh also I'm a little late on the Respawn/EA acquisition but I read elsewhere that Korean f2p MMO publisher Nexxon who publishes the Titanfall mobile game (don't even look it up) was pushing to buy them out . Part of their publishing agreement with EA involved them letting EA bid against any potential takeover; EA outbid Nexxon, and here we are. So while I'm not hyped about this either , the alternative was apparently them being owned by a Korean f2p MMO factory lol . I'll take EA
What are you talking about, Nexon has great experience with publishing retail FPS games.

(It's interesting to look back at contentious acquisitions and think of what could have gone differently, for better or worse. Rare very nearly became an Activision studio instead of a Microsoft one...)

homeless snail posted:

I never got what was so funny about this meme tbh, cause peggle is real good
Did anybody here play the DS port of Peggle? It was done by the studio that did Lumines and I recall it having some really weird secret levels...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So I saw that Doki Doki Literature Club is free, but am scared off by the serious amounts of content warnings attached to it. Could someone post, in a single, spoilered word, what the disturbing stuff deals with?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

So I saw that Doki Doki Literature Club is free, but am scared off by the serious amounts of content warnings attached to it. Could someone post, in a single, spoilered word, what the disturbing stuff deals with?

suicide

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank you

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I've finally started Horizon Zero Dawn. I just got past the proving, This game so far has been amazing. Alloy is awesome.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sefal posted:

I've finally started Horizon Zero Dawn. I just got past the proving, This game so far has been amazing. Alloy is awesome.

game good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gewd Moaning Novambeer Gahms Chit Thrid.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

These Fireclaw robot fights in the Horizon DLC are some epic poo poo. Fair warning that they definitely took the Dark Souls DLC approach so prepare 2 die on Ultra.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

homeless snail posted:

if they made a peggle 3 today it would definitely have lootboxes and that would be hosed up so please no one make peggle 3

They made this it's called Peggle Blast

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I only today got around to playing Plague of Shadows and I really love Plague Knight's mobility. Any hot tips on upgrades?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dr Cheeto posted:

I only today got around to playing Plague of Shadows and I really love Plague Knight's mobility. Any hot tips on upgrades?
The Float bomb burst is a general all purpose must-have for making the platforming easier, but other than that you're going to want most of the weapon upgrades because just about every potential combination will be helpful in various situations. I found myself swapping them around fairly frequently.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The plague Knight stuff was amazing if only because how weak you feel at the beginning and how completely overpowered you feel by the end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

precision posted:

How's the story mode of Injustice 2 compared to MKX? Replaying mkxl right now and I forgot how drat fun/entertaining it is

I didn't like it because it was another Superman is evil storyline. This was already done in the first game. Multiverse is my favorite part of Injustice 2 though, and I have 250 hours.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't remember the specifics but i think like boomerang casing and impact fuse or something was good. very quick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm still disappointed that there isn't a gag Pandemonium% category of plague knight speedruns.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Important

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/925759094920744960

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
See also:

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/929023114385809408

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why does super mario odyssey have to be the best mario game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think i liked 3d world better outside of the dress up and camera mode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't like 2d mario so i've never been interested in 3d world :twisted:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Colonel posted:

why does super mario odyssey have to be the best mario game

Every new Mario or Zelda game is the best game ever for like a week until people calm down and actually look at them critically.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair that's not exclusive to mario or zelda games

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

spudsbuckley posted:

Every new Mario or Zelda game is the best game ever for like a week until people calm down and actually look at them critically.

Looking at it critically: It's still the best one so

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

Sometimes they keep being among the best games ever, though, or if nothing else have elements that stand out as especially excellent. I suspect Mario Odyssey's movement is going to be the thing that holds up as really special when people look back on the game a year from now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Looking at it critically: It's still the best one so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't think anybody could say with a straight face that skyward Sword was the best Zelda ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im a bit turned off by how the capture mechanic impacts the role of enemies in level design. Like as an example, you never see goobas unless it is necessary to stack every single one of them. I feel like these sorts of interactions could have been done better. Still a g5f5 though. Very good game!
740 moons right now and counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its insanely good, but is it better than galaxy? The jury is still out.

• Locked thread