Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Two or three. Don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbQfOA2FzIA/

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

https://www.amazon.com/44SPORT-Olympic-Fractional-Plates-Weights/dp/B00XNCRLA4

That's an interesting way to micro-load your squat.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Killing Loaf posted:

That's an interesting way to micro-load your squat.
You mean nano-load.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That person's phone has interesting words loaded into autocorrect.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Lol at the dummy who pays $35 for $2 washers from the hardware store

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

I have to see these stupid lifting memes here too now? Where's the option to flag it as "Not Interesting"?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

A combination of injuries, conferences, and sickness kept me out of the gym for a month.

First true leg day since september.
:feelsgood:

(Oh wow tomorrow is gonna be bad.
Forgive me bros for i am weak)

I've only been off for a week between tweaking a deadlift (don't rush your deadlifts kids) and a long weekend at Disney. I'm working out tomorrow but I feel like I've needed like a methadone clinic for exercise in the meantime

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Dumbbell bench is the most awkward lift to set up and then set down.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just roll onto your back with them and then afterwards drop them AS HARD AS YOU CAN

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I rest the ends on my thighs but try not to stab myself since they're adjustable then do a sit up. I'm afraid dropping them will gently caress up my arms.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

bamhand posted:

I rest the ends on my thighs but try not to stab myself since they're adjustable then do a sit up. I'm afraid dropping them will gently caress up my arms.

Lift your knees up, bring the dumbbells to your thighs, and just roll yourself up.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yes, that's what I'm doing. But the dumbbells have sharp ends so I have to avoid stabbing myself in the process. It's still pretty awkward when the weights are heavy.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I have no respect for people that drop dumbbells lighter than 55lbs.

It's also always the guys that then look around afterwards like they did some new strongman PR.

:mediocre:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol @ dropping 60s

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'm seeing that all the time in my gym.

On my good days I give them a benefit of a doubt that they really are that weak.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
even if you go to failure you can control them on the way down. anyone who just "fails out" and straight drops them are loving shitheads

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

even if you go to failure you can control them on the way down. anyone who just "fails out" and straight drops them are loving shitheads
:omarcomin:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Man I dropped to 165 lbs, the lowest I've ever been, so close to actually seeing some abs. But mentally I was shot to poo poo. I was straying from my diet and dreaming of pizza like a low carb weirdo so I pulled the trigger and decided to go back to maintaining until 2018 before going for abs again. Probably like 10 more pounds would do it

I'm pretty happy with where I got this year. Bulked 15 pounds, cut 20. Never looked better.

Today I pretty much gorged myself on junk to get it out of my system. Feels good. I don't think I want to eat anything that's not chicken and broccoli for months. It's crazy that I used to eat like this every day

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Drop all weights

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I’m going to bounce some 5s off the ground then put them on the rack where the 75s sit

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Man earlier I was looking forward to OHP day and right about the time work ended I got sick to my stomach. I'm still feeling sick. But I'm off tomorrow, so I might would get a better workout then anyway.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Are you still taking subs?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
yeah but it wasn't that. I ate this crappy snack cake thing out of the vending machine and I think it was that

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
When I blasted arms the other day I threw in two sets of reverse barbell curls between each exercise, and let me tell you, brothers, that forearm pump is borderline painful.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Every month my work brings in a cake for everyone's birthdays that month, and no matter how little of it I eat it always leads to some extreme intestinal distress. :smith:

Now that I've been sober for 2 months and eating very well, small amounts of any type of junk food make me feel like absolute poo poo.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Chief McHeath posted:

When I blasted arms the other day I threw in two sets of reverse barbell curls between each exercise, and let me tell you, brothers, that forearm pump is borderline painful.

Forearm/bicep cramp game is best when you have to lean way over in the shower to bring your head to hands level rather than reach up to wash your hair

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Constipated posted:

Now that I've been sober for 2 months and eating very well, small amounts of any type of junk food make me feel like absolute poo poo.

That doesn't sound healthy.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Constipated posted:

Every month my work brings in a cake for everyone's birthdays that month, and no matter how little of it I eat it always leads to some extreme intestinal distress. :smith:

Good username, post combo

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Yeah I pretty much pass on the cake every time now, goes right through me. My posting is almost 100% poop related

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Cake is bad anyway. You should pass on cake

Flesh is all you need to consume. Flesh and the food the flesh used to consume (vegetables and greens)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine not being able to enjoy a piece of cake without making GBS threads your guts out afterwards jfc sounds like hell

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

I had a little bit of my friends birthday cake last weekend and suffered no consequences, but probably because that was a nice fancy one and the work cakes are cheap as poo poo with weird icing. Cake isn't that great anyway, gimme brownies or fruity candy.

Worms.. sour gummi worms are my weakness

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Why the hell are you people even working out if you can't go and enjoy a delicious cake without regrets.

smdh

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Vageens, mostly

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

I enjoy cake going inside me, but not so much the uncomfortable and rapid expulsion of said cake.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Pie supremacy

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Why not both?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Helios Grime posted:

Why not both?

I like the way you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I started having stomach problems ~august 2017, which slowly got worse, more frequent and by april this year, I was in pretty much constant pain, threw up each morning, regular mild diarrhea etc. Few doctor visits later and barely coping with the aid of some meds, finally got the diagnosis in early august: celiac disease.

Slowly getting better, but apparently it can take like 6-12 months for your small intestine to completely unfuck itself.