Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Honestly I think Biden would be a terrible move right now. He's just more of the same and if the USA doesn't noticeably improve under his term, then I think the right will have an even larger resurgence than 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A Trump was inevitable. If not now then after Hillary's one term. What the left cannot afford is another middle of the road Democrat which Joe absolutely is.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Honestly I think Biden would be a terrible move right now. He's just more of the same and if the USA doesn't noticeably improve under his term, then I think the right will have an even larger resurgence than 2016

I think his combative, tell it like it is style would peel away a large amount of working class voters; however, he'll be pretty old at that point, which will be problematic.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

Nothing is better than the NRO ones because they're 100% serious and they put them on their launch vehicles, it's not just some dudes loving around with patches.

This is the absolute correct answer.

Spacman posted:

Im not trying to be a oval office and all, but I'm going to be...

You guys have gone full circle and turned into the Empire from Star Wars, right?

I just want to point out those NRO patches all predate Trump by many years.

They also unironically own in every way.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

psydude posted:

I think his combative, tell it like it is style would peel away a large amount of working class voters; however, he'll be pretty old at that point, which will be problematic.

I'm not talking about winning, he would win 100%. His actual governance wouldn't be that good and would cause even more damage to the democratic brand.

edit: Joe should campaign and win the election and then immediately abdicate for his more progressive and younger VP. It seems like you need to be different people to win and to actually govern

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Spacman posted:

Im not trying to be a oval office and all, but I'm going to be...

You guys have gone full circle and turned into the Empire from Star Wars, right?

Laugh all you want, until the FREEDOM STAR is operational.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not talking about winning, he would win 100%. His actual governance wouldn't be that good and would cause even more damage to the democratic brand

If your argument is that he isn't liberal enough, remember that he's actually to the left of Obama and most other Democrats. He also has a history of promoting worker's rights and fighting for blue collar workers, although I'm not sure that will undo years of Trump telling people they can skip college and mine coal for a living.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not talking about winning, he would win 100%. His actual governance wouldn't be that good and would cause even more damage to the democratic brand

Look at this point, it's hard to go worse then the current government with the exception of going super far left (which would just be equally bad just in different ways from the current one).

Madurai posted:

:bisonyes:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Vasudus posted:

it's this

Yeah. 9/11 (and the response over the next decade or so) broke our collective brains.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm not talking about winning, he would win 100%. His actual governance wouldn't be that good and would cause even more damage to the democratic brand.

edit: Joe should campaign and win the election and then immediately abdicate for his more progressive and younger VP. It seems like you need to be different people to win and to actually govern

I get what you're saying and I don't think you're entirely wrong, but man I cannot loving understand how "more of the same" versus a retard pissbaby is a bad thing

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Madurai posted:

I am going to buy you an AV based on that.

Everyone, I would like your best FREEDOM STAR based AV!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I get what you're saying and I don't think you're entirely wrong, but man I cannot loving understand how "more of the same" versus a retard pissbaby is a bad thing

Because the USA is in shambles and more of the same will just lead to more discontent and more right wing power. And if Biden is one of the more left wing establishment democrats, they have some serious problems because I believe Biden is staunchly anti-drug, doesn't like hand outs, and defends Nazis speaking on universities. He's not a terrible guy but he's part of the old guard which just needs to be purged

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think a likely scenario is Joe says he'll run and if elected, he'll pledge to serve a single term so he can hand off the reigns to someone younger (Duckworth, Harris, Booker, Fairfax, etc) for re-election.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Twitter verified the nazi that organized Charlottesville and when asked why they seem to be happy to give nazis checkmarks (and the harassment protection/better features that come with the upgrade) jack's response was to say "out verification system has been broken for a while so we're just not verifying anyone until we make it look like we're only protecting nazis."

Don't forget that Lowtax himself can't get verified and his account was banned for saying Baked Alaska should be encased in concrete.

Twitter!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Things aren't fine, everyone knows it. Now here's the problem.

One side is willing to lie its rear end off about how they'll make things better. The other just shrugs and says there's nothing we can do.

It isn't a mystery as to which side people will vote for.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Because the USA is in shambles and more of the same will just lead to more discontent and more right wing power. And if Biden is one of the more left wing establishment democrats, they have some serious problems because I believe Biden is staunchly anti-drug, doesn't like hand outs, and defends Nazis speaking on universities. He's not a terrible guy but he's part of the old guard which just needs to be purged

Yeah, agreed. Don't anyone forget that just a couple weeks ago, he was talking fondly of the days where he could still go out for a beer with segregationists after the work day was done.

Biden would win, but I think the wound that is American politics would continue to fester under him, even if it looked a little better on the surface. He wouldn't be healing anything.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Don't forget that Lowtax himself can't get verified and his account was banned for saying Baked Alaska should be encased in concrete.

Twitter!

Verified users have greater weight when they report someone and people like baked like to sic his follows on people to mass report them to shut down accounts (permanently sometimes)

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Spacman posted:

I am going to buy you an AV based on that.

Everyone, I would like your best FREEDOM STAR based AV!

Business end of the Zenith Star, the Hydrogen Florine space laser you never built, but could have. Couple of megawatts of happiness staring at you there.

I mean, space is about the only place you'd want to dare fire the thing.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Hexyflexy posted:

Business end of the Zenith Star, the Hydrogen Florine space laser you never built, but could have. Couple of megawatts of happiness staring at you there.

I mean, space is about the only place you'd want to dare fire the thing.

WOW that is sexyflexy... GOOD

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I’m a little wary of any candidate who, having once been denied the chance to run, comes back when it’s their “turn” and victory is all but assured.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Remember twitter has systems in place to block nazi related accounts in germany (and france maybe) because of their local laws. So they can "shadow ban" the american nazi party and stuff everywhere if they wanted to, but they just do it where they are legally obligated

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

the twitter api has a userflag that flat out says do not display the user's tweets/profile if people are looking at it from france/germany. There literally is a nazi user flag.

Spacman posted:

You need to wire my Grandad up because that guy loved telling us about killing nazis and he is spinning like a motherfucker in his grave now.

I know :smith:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Twitter!

Permabanned, because verified users are given more protections than non-verified ones.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Verified users have greater weight when they report someone and people like baked like to sic his follows on people to mass report them to shut down accounts (permanently sometimes)

They also have more userfeatures. Verification is analogous to platinum here on SA in that it allows you to report people effectively and gives you more features for your own convenience.

Also reminder that Twitter could have been sold to disney for billions, but disney opted out because it would be too much trouble to clean up all the nazis and twitter themselves has no interest in doing it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
tl:dr; twitter does nazi a problem

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The issue that I see is that Democrats are too busy trying to trip over their own dicks and play more leftist than thou, while Republicans are willing to set aside everything about their own beliefs just because a person has (R) next to their name. Ideology is great except when the other party has all the levers of power and is ruining the country.

If Biden (or whomever) has the best odds of winning, then so be it. Run Biden. Or Bernie, or whatever. Primary out your bad dems when you're back in power.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Primary out your bad dems

Do this always, just don't withdraw support from bad dems when primarying them out fails.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Vasudus posted:

The issue that I see is that Democrats are too busy trying to trip over their own dicks and play more leftist than thou, while Republicans are willing to set aside everything about their own beliefs just because a person has (R) next to their name. Ideology is great except when the other party has all the levers of power and is ruining the country.

If Biden (or whomever) has the best odds of winning, then so be it. Run Biden. Or Bernie, or whatever. Primary out your bad dems when you're back in power.

Democrats are fighting the move to the left tooth and nail, there isn't some "more leftist than thou" D&D competition going on

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

At this point feel the majority of Dem candidates would have been fine in the republican party in the 90s, except with the fine with gay marriage thing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Democrats are fighting the move to the left tooth and nail, there isn't some "more leftist than thou" D&D competition going on

Yeah. Democrats realized that they like money.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
George H W Bush would be flayed alive by Republicans today for the meagre tax increase he signed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

George H W Bush would be flayed alive by Republicans today for the meagre tax increase he signed.

And the sad part is they were 100% necessary because Reagan cuts were killing us.

Hell, even Reagan had to go back on some of his cuts.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Vasudus posted:

Nothing is better than the NRO ones because they're 100% serious and they put them on their launch vehicles, it's not just some dudes loving around with patches.

The NRO patches are 100% legit works of art which usually have a hidden reference to something about the mission and they should really be in a museum somewhere.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Have a read of this whole article if you want

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-freest-little-city-in-texas/

It's about a town that went full libertarian and collapsed almost as soon as it got off the ground

The interesting part to me is leaders from the GOP wanting to seek advice from the mastermind of the scheme even as the town was in a complete shambles

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

okay it's cool that Virginia had positive results this past Tuesday but the "Justin Fairfax as a viable presidential candidate" narrative that I'm seeing all over these forums is really insane 3 days after he won his first elected position, Lieutenant Governor.

Vasudus posted:

The issue that I see is that Democrats are too busy trying to trip over their own dicks and play more leftist than thou, while Republicans are willing to set aside everything about their own beliefs just because a person has (R) next to their name. Ideology is great except when the other party has all the levers of power and is ruining the country.power.

welcome to...... the #resistance

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
this forum is littered with Fairfax astroturfers

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The 8 ton Taingong-1 Chinese space station is in a rapidly decaying orbit and is going to crash into earth early 2018. It is likely going to blow debris all over Europe before its main hill plows into America. This is how the space virus gets to earth guys.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

He was, figuratively.

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Have a read of this whole article if you want

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-freest-little-city-in-texas/

It's about a town that went full libertarian and collapsed almost as soon as it got off the ground

The interesting part to me is leaders from the GOP wanting to seek advice from the mastermind of the scheme even as the town was in a complete shambles

Colorado Springs tried something like that, too. (And failed)

Blind Rasputin posted:

The 8 ton Taingong-1 Chinese space station is in a rapidly decaying orbit and is going to crash into earth early 2018. It is likely going to blow debris all over Europe before its main hill plows into America. This is how the space virus gets to earth guys.
But only in the sense that some of Europe and most of America are between 43 North and 43 South latitude, which is the accuracy of current predictions.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 10, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/929004775902973953

God fuckin A and this is day two.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/929012794678235136

Ha ha, actual blasphemy!

ded redd fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 10, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Also, Dems shouldn't be focused on 2020 right now. They should be focused on sweeping more state and local races next year, defending their Senate seats, and fielding suitable candidates to take over vacant or weak Republican seats in the house. This may mean (ghasp) fielding a range of candidates with different ideological leanings, from centrists to progressives.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

We all know Australia is where space stations come back to earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Whoever democrats run, they need a good VP to go with it because god drat I don't even remember who hillary's VP was. Hillary needed someone like Biden or Franken that could be her attack dog, not a limp dick nice guy.

• Locked thread