Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, outside of the extra levels in the tour mode, is there any more 'game' that you get get from buying Super Mario Run?

Also, goddamn, I'd pay good money for Super Mario Maker on Android, holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I just replaced a phone that was perennially out of storage so I haven't played anything other than Ski Safari and PAD and Neko Atsume and a couple other fiddly small things in the last.. three years? As such I haven't paid any attention to what's on Android since there's no chance I would've been able to store it. I see the OP's a little outdated, so what's the new hotness that everyone's into? I don't mind dropping some Google funbucks on something good, but I'm not looking to whale on something like people always did with PAD.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Have you played any Kairosoft games?

That's a good suggestion. I've already played most of them, though. They were fun.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Monument Valley 2 should be available to download on Google Play right now.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I really wish Final Fantasy Dimensions 2 didn't have the puppet style, Monty Python animations. The pseudo pixel art just looks really cookie cutter and Paper Mario without the charm. :(

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I haven't tried it yet, but a sequel (I think) to The Guides called The Guides: Axiom is out. It promises to be more of the same, so if you liked The Guides, go for it I guess. I'll give it a whirl later and report back if anyone is interested.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Montalvo posted:

I haven't tried it yet, but a sequel (I think) to The Guides called The Guides: Axiom is out. It promises to be more of the same, so if you liked The Guides, go for it I guess. I'll give it a whirl later and report back if anyone is interested.

I looked up The Guides and frankly I'm a little irritated that I hadn't heard of it before now. It looks really interesting. The original is $2.99 but Axiom seems to be free. Not sure if that's a mistake or not..

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I looked up The Guides and frankly I'm a little irritated that I hadn't heard of it before now. It looks really interesting. The original is $2.99 but Axiom seems to be free. Not sure if that's a mistake or not..

Maybe it's some kind of launch promo? 2.99 for the original was well worth it, for what it's worth.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Has Kairosoft released anything good lately? Preferably in the old style of pay once and own it?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Montalvo posted:

Maybe it's some kind of launch promo? 2.99 for the original was well worth it, for what it's worth.

You can either watch ads or pay some money for hints. There's also an option for unlimited hints and all expansions for $15. There's also a straight up donate button

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Dragon's Blade is a classic NES style turn based rpg. Create a party of 4 from multiple classes, kill monsters, gear up, etc. Touts 100 hours of playtime, and no micro transactions. Looks like you can optionally watch an ad to get a drop rate boost for a bit. So far it seems good, maybe a hidden gem.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
South Park: Phone Destroyer should be out now for everyone who didn't sideload it or wasn't in a soft launch country.

Also ESWAT is the latest Sega Forever game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 9, 2017

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Dragon's Blade is a classic NES style turn based rpg. Create a party of 4 from multiple classes, kill monsters, gear up, etc. Touts 100 hours of playtime, and no micro transactions. Looks like you can optionally watch an ad to get a drop rate boost for a bit. So far it seems good, maybe a hidden gem.

In the same vein, stumbled across a Japanese dev last week who has made a few zero IAP jrpgs in English, this is his regular one: Tenmilli RPG

Despite the fact that the name is supposed to be "Ten Million" and weirdly clipped, there's very little/no Engrish and there's even a couple other games he made in more of a pokemon-style capture monsters (and those are your party members), Monster Mate and Summon Mate (summon being the later/prettier). They're basic and anyone who played JRPGs before the awkward FMV cutscenes will be instantly familiar with the gameplay.

I'm playing the regular character one first as I started with Summon Mate and quickly was overwhelmed with options so I'm familiarizing myself with his gameplay and bestiary first, I'd guess Tenmilli RPG to be maybe 10 hours or so, I'm 3 hours in and have unlocked most of the map.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Are there any good Darkest Dungeons-like android games? By that I mean:

- Strategy RPG, preferably turn-based
- Form a party of characters, preferably with few or no unique characters. I really like games like DD, XCOM or Final Fantasy Tactics that allow you to have random mooks as party members instead of unique heroes. I see a ton of games that only allow control of one character, which is not what I want.
- Dungeon Crawling is a must. I wanna run randomized dungeons rather than navigating a world map. Or, something like XCOM/FFT where you fight on battle maps and don't have to spend time traveling to different places.
- Base building is a bonus

The difficulty doesn't have to be DD level, but if it is as challenging as DD or high-level XCOM that would be awesome.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Disillusionist posted:

Are there any good Darkest Dungeons-like android games? By that I mean:

- Strategy RPG, preferably turn-based
- Form a party of characters, preferably with few or no unique characters. I really like games like DD, XCOM or Final Fantasy Tactics that allow you to have random mooks as party members instead of unique heroes. I see a ton of games that only allow control of one character, which is not what I want.
- Dungeon Crawling is a must. I wanna run randomized dungeons rather than navigating a world map. Or, something like XCOM/FFT where you fight on battle maps and don't have to spend time traveling to different places.
- Base building is a bonus

The difficulty doesn't have to be DD level, but if it is as challenging as DD or high-level XCOM that would be awesome.

FFT and Xcom are both on the play store.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

FFT and Xcom are both on the play store.

I should have mentioned in the post, but since I already own FFT and XCOM on other platforms I'm not interested in getting them for Android. My phone isn't that great anyway, I was just looking for a decent mobile game I could play when I'm away from home (otherwise I'd just play Darkest Dungeons).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It sucks that both Darkest Dungeon and FTL aren't on Android :negative:

I don't think I'd ever play anything else.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

South Park: Phone Destroyer should be out now for everyone who didn't sideload it or wasn't in a soft launch country.

I'm kinda bummed that there's no subtitles for the intro scenes. I have never - and don't plan to ever - played a mobile game with sounds on.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It sucks that both Darkest Dungeon and FTL aren't on Android :negative:

I don't think I'd ever play anything else.

Ftl would be a slam dunk and I'm surprised they haven't ported it over or some equivalent

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm kinda bummed that there's no subtitles for the intro scenes. I have never - and don't plan to ever - played a mobile game with sounds on.

As a sound designer/composer who has worked on a number of mobile games, I both understand and am also saddened to read this :negative:

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

Also ESWAT is the latest Sega Forever game.

I was excited. But I weirdly hate playing games in landscape mode.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

As a sound designer/composer who has worked on a number of mobile games, I both understand and am also saddened to read this :negative:

Well I only play in public settings or at home when we're doing something else like watching TV, so having sounds on would be rude or distracting depending on the situation..

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

New Leaf posted:

I looked up The Guides and frankly I'm a little irritated that I hadn't heard of it before now.

Same, I grabbed this title and have been loving it so far. It reminds me of an old web mystery thing from like 10+ years ago. I cannot remember what it was called but I remember it was a cryptic level based puzzle that consumed almost the entire internet back when it was released.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Knifegrab posted:

Same, I grabbed this title and have been loving it so far. It reminds me of an old web mystery thing from like 10+ years ago. I cannot remember what it was called but I remember it was a cryptic level based puzzle that consumed almost the entire internet back when it was released.

You mean that "This is not pr0n" site from like 2001?

If so fun fact about that. Each subsequent page has less and less to go on to solve the puzzle and move on. The final page "required" remote viewing to solve the puzzle (the answer was a taxi id or something). The creator claimed some people did.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Yeah I have a number of games on the 3DS or Vita that I have never heard before, since I almost only ever play them on public transportation or among other people for whatever reason.

Platinumed Salt & Sanctuary, for example - I'm sure it has some pretty neat sound design. Wouldn't know.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

RBA Starblade posted:

You mean that "This is not pr0n" site from like 2001?

If so fun fact about that. Each subsequent page has less and less to go on to solve the puzzle and move on. The final page "required" remote viewing to solve the puzzle (the answer was a taxi id or something). The creator claimed some people did.

Yeah that was it haha! That is unfortunate to hear about how stupid it became at the end. The first parts were clever and cool!

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So I recently downloaded Cardinal Quest 2 and I'm totally hooked on it. Only problem is that the Act 2 boss has totally been kicking my rear end. Any tips on how to beat it?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Every now and I go check the dungeon raid to see if the developer updated it out of the blue to make it not run at 0.5x speed. I'm disappointed every time. Is there any game that's worthy of being it's successor?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah that was it haha! That is unfortunate to hear about how stupid it became at the end. The first parts were clever and cool!

Yeah, I followed a forum solving it in high school and the further in they got the less interesting it got. By the end it was so esoteric only a handful of people could even provide any useful input then they were all put off by the end. Up to like the two-thirds point though there was a bunch of little tangents the site would lead you into or fake paths that had puzzles that dead ended and told you to try again and goofy little easter eggs if you solved something in a valid but incorrect way.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 10, 2017

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
Someone make a team for South Park phone destroyer

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
South Park game keeps crashing after Cartman calls me at the start, anyone else had issues?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Suran37 posted:

South Park game keeps crashing after Cartman calls me at the start, anyone else had issues?

Nope, I've been fine. I'm actually really enjoying it for now.

My only issue is that the phone icon in the upper right corner shows that I have 3 notifications but I have no idea what they are. I've collected all my achievements.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 10, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Anybody drop $5 on Battlevoid: Sector Siege?

It looks like the direct successor to Battlevoid: Harbinger which was pretty amazing for a mobile game. Reviews look good, but wanted to see if anyone had some hands-on before spending my survey bux

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey

The Duggler posted:

Anybody drop $5 on Battlevoid: Sector Siege?

It looks like the direct successor to Battlevoid: Harbinger which was pretty amazing for a mobile game. Reviews look good, but wanted to see if anyone had some hands-on before spending my survey bux

I loved Harbinger, and initially Sector Siege, but this one is far more repetitive and without the same variety of weapons or strategy.

Once you hit upon a working approach you can just repeat that for every sector as there isn't much in the way of randomness.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It came from Google Play: Stop Chad

quote:

Stop Chad from reaching your qt3,14 gf

Stop Chad from reaching your qtpi GF by using a range of weapons and pills specifically designed for the kissless hero.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pocket Pool is a minimalist endless pool game that seems like a good time waster.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

mrkillboy posted:

Pocket Pool is a minimalist endless pool game that seems like a good time waster.

The app or ...?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm about ready to uninstall Phone Destroyer. Throwing forced PvP into the single-player campaign periodically AND making it a "win, not just play, PvP n times to continue" wall is horseshit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Phone Destroyer isn't Pixel 2 compatible apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

delfin posted:

I'm about ready to uninstall Phone Destroyer. Throwing forced PvP into the single-player campaign periodically AND making it a "win, not just play, PvP n times to continue" wall is horseshit.

given that it's live pvp and not the normal attack a random dudes team is a nice change tho