Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how often does xur swap his inventory? i picked up the warlock helmet and graviton lance from him last week but i haven't been back to check since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cowcaster posted:

how often does xur swap his inventory? i picked up the warlock helmet and graviton lance from him last week but i haven't been back to check since then

Pretty sure it's a per-weekend deal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

It's different each week but it's randomized so he can have the same thing somewhat often. All three helmets are good this week if you don't have them.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Prospector is fine for shooting full auto grenades into a yellow bar enemies face as long as you dont miss or don't have anything better in the power slot.

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008
Should I just dump all my weaponsmith rep tokens when I hit 265? Or should I save them until I can get legendary mods?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Prospector rules and if you’re worried about your sub-optimal grenade spam go get a nerd power weapon like a sniper rifle. Coolguy alien shooters like me will be dunking on idiots at super speed with our grenade bouncing everywhere

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

Prospector rules and if you’re worried about your sub-optimal grenade spam go get a nerd power weapon like a sniper rifle. Coolguy alien shooters like me will be dunking on idiots at super speed with our grenade bouncing everywhere

Yeah seriously especially for PVE. PVE players concerned about the meta are wasting their time.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

*pushes up nerd glasses* Actually merciless/Full auto shotguns and Cluster rockets are the meta

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

Yeah seriously especially for PVE. PVE players concerned about the meta are wasting their time.

Especially when all the data we have shows “LoL Auto-Rifles clown on everything”

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I have been waiting for a cluster rocket launcher to drop since I got a lvl 100 blue one and loved it.

Last night I got Sins of the Past. :allears:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Why does Bungle make all this unique loot and then only gives me 200 slots to bank it all?! I'm really vigilant about sharding dupes and the only armor I'm saving is the faction stuff.
Also, why the NM warlock top gotta look almost exactly like the Philomanth?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Why does Bungle make all this unique loot and then only gives me 200 slots to bank it all?! I'm really vigilant about sharding dupes and the only armor I'm saving is the faction stuff.
Also, why the NM warlock top gotta look almost exactly like the Philomanth?

Because all the faction gear is low effort reskins of existing armor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unless the season 2 stuff is low effort reskins of Osiris gear, that at least will change.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Prospector is really good for single target damage output. It’s nice if you want to solo public events (except the blight because the grenades bounce off it for some dumb reason).

Also if you want to try to solo the underbelly chests on the leviathan, it’s helpful.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

Look, a pain in the rear end detonation type is hardly "I only want the best most munchkin top level TTK" okay? Sometimes you just want poo poo to explode without extra steps involved. Otherwise I wouldn't be so much as touching Blue weapons that don't raise my DBZ scouter level anymore :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

Look, a pain in the rear end detonation type is hardly "I only want the best most munchkin top level TTK" okay? Sometimes you just want poo poo to explode without extra steps involved. Otherwise I wouldn't be so much as touching Blue weapons :v:

So I'm not sure if people just aren't aware, but Prospector's grenades are impact if they hit enemies, you don't have to use the detonation mechanic.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Orv posted:

So I'm not sure if people just aren't aware, but Prospector's grenades are impact if they hit enemies, you don't have to use the detonation mechanic.

Yeah, that part of the exotic perk is pointless, but the gun just shits on public event bosses.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Given the latest patches have introduced lag stutter stepping enemies for me? That's just another reason on top of "I didn't bring a grenade launcher to use precision direct hits". To say nothing of the fact the fighting lion claims this too and I've watched it pinball off the chest of PvE enemies for no discernible reason at times.

So yeah, I'd much rather have something more simple to fire. Rather than the revolving door process of "You don't need the BEST thing, yeesh" to "It's the best thing, if you land direct hits with a high explosive". So the fact it loves to bug out for me and ignore direct against easy targets, is really discouraging admits all this "large cabal are not hard to hit." making me wish it was getting me that result 100% of the time.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 10, 2017

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Orv posted:

Unless the season 2 stuff is low effort reskins of Osiris gear, that at least will change.

Bet you anything the new faction armor will still be reskins of the new armors, and all the old armors (that we're currently drowning in) will no longer be available anywhere

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

play of the game loving owns as a grenade launcher

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Section Z posted:

Given the latest patches have introduced lag stutter stepping enemies for me? That's just another reason on top of "I didn't bring a grenade launcher to use precision direct hits". To say nothing of the fact the fighting lion claims this too and I've watched it pinball off the chest of PvE enemies for no discernible reason at times.

Yeah it’s super hard to hit big rear end cabal bosses that barely move.

Look, what the gently caress else are you going to use shards for, if not getting all the exotics?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Space Hamlet posted:

Bet you anything the new faction armor will still be reskins of the new armors, and all the old armors (that we're currently drowning in) will no longer be available anywhere

If nothing else the Osiris gear in the trailer looked super rad so I'd be somewhat more okay with that.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah now that I'm hittin 280 and they're accumulating, what are the purple diamond money sinks? Is there a cap?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Prospector is a v good grenade launcher, and a few people that post in this thread are bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011

teh_Broseph posted:

Yeah now that I'm hittin 280 and they're accumulating, what are the purple diamond money sinks? Is there a cap?

The only two right now are buying things from Xur and infusion. You won't hit the cap any time soon, if there is one.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I get that 3 completely new armors for each faction might be asking a lot, but like... Isn't that what they're paying their artists to do? Bungie is massive and has like 700+ employees. Reskinning regular armors for factions reeks of laziness.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I get that 3 completely new armors for each faction might be asking a lot, but like... Isn't that what they're paying their artists to do? Bungie is massive and has like 700+ employees. Reskinning regular armors for factions reeks of laziness.

700 employees of which maybe 100 might be artists, of which maybe a third are armor/character people. That plus the somewhat absurd timeline they're under because of the Destiny deal adds up.

Not that it isn't lazy in the end, but game development is a hell of a thing. If they do it again for season two, theeeeen yeah.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I guess there's precedence because wasn't all the faction armor in D1 just reskins? I mean I guess it makes sense from a certain lore standpoint but...

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't remember if they were or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Only keep the armor that you like for fashion purposes. And then for guns just whatever feels good/looks good but maybe isn't meta right now/things you enjoy using.

If you are like me and a hoarder, you have a plenty of guns you can shard for materials later if you lose interest in them.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
I didn't get the sweet warlock rhinestone jean jacket trenchcoat from FWC and I'm out of rep reward turn ins and I'm very upset about it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Professor Cthulhu posted:

I didn't get the sweet warlock rhinestone jean jacket trenchcoat from FWC and I'm out of rep reward turn ins and I'm very upset about it.

That blows buddy. I didn't get the pants. Nowhere near as painful

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I got the FWC Warlock chest armor so I think I’m pretty much set. It looks baller as hell with that orange and blue shader.

Boots for Warlocks at least are boring as hell and they all pretty much look the same. The arm bands aren’t great either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yodzilla posted:

I got the FWC Warlock chest armor so I think I’m pretty much set. It looks baller as hell with that orange and blue shader.

Boots for Warlocks at least are boring as hell and they all pretty much look the same. The arm bands aren’t great either.

Iron Banner arm band is good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Prospector is a v good grenade launcher, and a few people that post in this thread are bad.

what if im a bad poster in this thread but think prospector is good?

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Was nervous about trying crucible for the first time, but played with some goons last night and they were real chill about me learning the ropes. Also Tarth is crazy good at shooting mans

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i do not have a prospector grenade launcher, but i DO have a skin for it. this has been my destiny 2 story, thank you for listening.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i do not have a prospector grenade launcher, but i DO have a skin for it. this has been my destiny 2 story, thank you for listening.

Same, but Merciless :(

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

what if im a bad poster in this thread but think prospector is good?

status quo then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I have no strong feelings about The Prospector other than it is my only Power exotic so I use it.

• Locked thread