Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

rudatron posted:

are you serious, it's the best dlc imo

Dead Money is one that I find no one has middling opinions on: either you liked it a lot, or thought it was horrible garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Barrett's only personality trait is that he swears

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

rudatron posted:

dead money > lonesome road > honest hearts > old world blues

correct

i appreciate what they attempted with owb but it tries way too hard and the joke wears real thin

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, it's way too LOL WACKY SCIENCE

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Dead Money is one that I find no one has middling opinions on: either you liked it a lot, or thought it was horrible garbage.
I just don't see why anyone who likes fallout, doesn't like dead money. it's basically the most fallout-esque of all the dlcs, thematically.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

rudatron posted:

Yeah it was over the top and the actual gameplay was aggravating since everything in Big MT is a bullet sponge, but goddamn if I wasn't laughing non-stop.

quote:

I just don't see why anyone who likes fallout, doesn't like dead money. it's basically the most fallout-esque of all the dlcs, thematically.

You got me, but then I liked it.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

True

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

correct

i appreciate what they attempted with owb but it tries way too hard and the joke wears real thin

agreed but it's still good. owb lonesome road honest hearts dead money imo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Given i played a sneak sniper character so dead money forcing melee was annoyng

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
makin me wanna reinstall nv and finish my smooth talking melee anarchist run

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Given i played a sneak sniper character so dead money forcing melee was annoyng
it didn't force melee, but it did force guns

that police pistol thing is the most important weapon you'll use, no joke

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Shear Modulus posted:

Does rope kid still post on SA

rope kid post in c-spam please

he still posts in games and the bike thread sometimes. did he ever post in lf in the old days?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

rudatron posted:

dead money > lonesome road > honest hearts > old world blues

honest hearts is the best but i probably only say this because the mission is my favorite movie

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

Barrett's only personality trait is that he swears

he's a conflicted dad who wants to raise his adopted daughter but also wants to smash the god corporation

ScrubLeague posted:

5 is only good if your MC is named butz instead of bartz

Butz was born in the town of Lix. You go there towards the middle of the game

Also FF5 owns and Battle on the Big Bridge is my posting theme song.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

idk why the subject turned to serious video game discussion but at least it gives me an excuse to post this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

it didn't force melee, but it did force guns

that police pistol thing is the most important weapon you'll use, no joke

It didn't force any style of combat, you can dismember with any weapon.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Chillgamesh posted:

Also FF5 owns and Battle on the Big Bridge is my posting theme song.

One of the best FFXIV raids

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The FNV DLCs are mostly designed to make you play something other than a sneaky sniper

Dead Money as a tanky Unarmed character is loving hilarious.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

ScrubLeague posted:

the good numbered single player final fantasy games are 4 6 9 12 and 15 and tactics is better than all of them don't at me

weird to see the reactionary ff cannnon itt

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my only final fantasy opinion is that kefka is a better villain than sephiroth. i've never played a final fantasy game

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
fallout 4 was dogshit for brain damaged morons and i regret buying it. its brutally unfun to play

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
The sad thing is that most people only know fallout from the 3 and 4, and have never played the original.

The VATS system seems really dumbed down.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I started a play through NV just to get a handle on the system. I think I'm going to recreate my character as a smart, smooth talking, melee master. I'm assuming I'll be able to get to 10 strength in the end game with power armor or whatever so I'll only have like 5 str to start with, and High Int, High Agility and of course some Luck.

VATS seems ok, it's a lot more smooth then the combat system of Fallout2 where it was often impossible to leave combat so you'd have to just kill a whole village just to leave the map.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

VATS seems ok, it's a lot more smooth then the combat system of Fallout2 where it was often impossible to leave combat so you'd have to just kill a whole village just to leave the map.

That dog. That goddamn bad luck dog.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Why so much anime game chat in the Italian handjob thread?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Pariah Dog is one of the best NPCs ever.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

rudatron posted:

because it has utter garbage gameplay. the loving collar and the radios are annoying as gently caress to deal with. I’ve played it a couple times and I still end up dying on some of the later sections of shielded radios.

honest hearts did the take your equipment away better too, since it let you take only 100 lbs of stuff instead of nothing.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It was a cool idea, but it wrecked the games combat system.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

withak posted:

Why so much anime game chat in the Italian handjob thread?
we goons never let an opportunity to discuss video games go to waste

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

because it has utter garbage gameplay. the loving collar and the radios are annoying as gently caress to deal with. I’ve played it a couple times and I still end up dying on some of the later sections of shielded radios.

honest hearts did the take your equipment away better too, since it let you take only 100 lbs of stuff instead of nothing.

a critical thing that some game makers forget is that games should be fun to play

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

a critical thing that some game makers forget is that games should be fun to play

But think about how "important" the game is!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The best video game is Morrowind because I love to get high and wander around the giant mushrooms and poo poo

Actual combat systems are for casuals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you can do that in zelda breath of the wild and its got good gameplay and isn't ugly as sin., you can also climb them

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

breath of the wild owns because i can get high and climb a mountain and then snowboard down the mountain

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

games should allow you to carry a bunch of poo poo, or in the case of fps games, as many weapons as there are in them. don't force realism by allowing me to carry 10 items or two guns at a time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

get that OUT of my face posted:

my only final fantasy opinion is that kefka is a better villain than sephiroth. i've never played a final fantasy game

True, but JENOVA is basically John Carpenter’s The Thing so it compensates.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Jose posted:

you can do that in zelda breath of the wild and its got good gameplay and isn't ugly as sin., you can also climb them

yeah but can you drug yourself so hard you can one shot gods by shanking them in the face with a rusty shiv?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

True, but JENOVA is basically John Carpenter’s The Thing so it compensates.

one of the more interesting implications that was lost in the bad translation was that sephiroth was dead by the time the actual game started and every time you see him in the present-time it's basically just jenova bits wiggling around in his shape to mess with you

Whorelord posted:

yeah but can you drug yourself so hard you can one shot gods by shanking them in the face with a rusty shiv?

the drugs are a delicious curry instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Whorelord posted:

yes

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

one of the more interesting implications that was lost in the bad translation was that sephiroth was dead by the time the actual game started and every time you see him in the present-time it's basically just jenova bits wiggling around in his shape to mess with you

The writers have said that isn't the case unfortunately, I think it's closer to "there is no meaningful distinction between Jenova and Sephiroth, they are one entity by the time the game happens"

I think Sephiroth gets kind of a bad rap too, people think of him as some edgelord, but really he was torn away from his mother as an infant and raised as a child soldier by Anime Mengele. Him snapping and turning serial killer wasn't exactly unrealistic even setting aside Jenova.

Another Woke Moment in FF7: Gay dating your big black buddy Barret

Chillgamesh has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chillgamesh posted:

The writers have said that isn't the case unfortunately, I think it's closer to "there is no meaningful distinction between Jenova and Sephiroth, they are one entity by the time the game happens"
if your consciousness is devoured and merged with the freaky alien hyperbeast can you really be said to be "alive"

quote:

Another Woke Moment in FF7: Gay dating your big black buddy Barret

also having a hot tub gangbang with a dozen gay bodybuilders