Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Bayonetta 2 is the best character action game ever made and people who go “omg what if the panpolydemisexual gender studies major I platonically roommate with but have a massive crush on sees me enjoy my free time with a great video game” don’t deserve it.

Platinum should remaster their entire back catalog and sell it as a special compilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Bayonetta 2 is the best character action game ever made and people who go “omg what if the panpolydemisexual gender studies major I platonically roommate with but have a massive crush on sees me enjoy my free time with a great video game” don’t deserve it.
lol truth

bloodysabbath posted:

Platinum should remaster their entire back catalog and sell it as a special compilation.
:great:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Does the DOOM day-one patch make any noticeable changes aside from multiplayer? I really don't want to deal with this 8 GB poo poo.

Please make multiplayer free DLC next time. Actually, make multiplayer free DLC in the next update.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Real hurthling! posted:

doom is 30 dollars or less on other consoles

If i were getting it for switch and hadnt played it yet i would wait. Its over a year since it came out, waiting a bit longer to play seems like nbd, but i guess not everybody would see it that way.

Hell I think I paid $30 for a PS4 copy from Amazon literally over a year ago . I feel the same way about Skyrim , it would be cool to play on Switch but I can't justify 60 bucks for it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Capcom announced Switch games for the next fiscal year, specifically pointing out Ace Attorney.

I expect they’ll be starting with another collection.

Typical Capcom, only releasing AA games while everyone else is making AAA games. :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I unironically hope that Resident Evil 4 gets a Switch version.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

So if I really like Persona 5 should I get TMS?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bloodysabbath posted:

:thunk:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I beat Fire Emblem Warriors. I thought it was neat during the final fight how one by one all your friends get sucked back to their own worlds. It gave the fight a nice sense of progression, that you were fixing the world by fighting this dragon.

It was slightly ruined at the end when there's a bunch left. I guess they were the main ones from the old games? I don't give a poo poo, I never used boy Marth or his girlfriend. We never teamed up in battle. Why does he get to say a special goodbye instead of my girls Lissa and Cordelia? It was hosed up.

Yeah. Those are the main protagonists of the mainline games used.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

It's not really as comparable as people think imo. It's pure dungeon crawling as opposed to Persona's RPG/life-sim mix, and the writing is generally lighter, in both tone and how deep it goes with characters. It's a fun atlus RPG, but I wouldn't necessarily see it as a direct followup to a persona.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just remembered that SMTV is going to be a Switch game. Jesus christ. Have they specified a release year?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I really liked Persona 5, but some of my favorite things about that game were the visual style and how it permeated into all the elements of the game, even the interface, and its insanely good acid jazz soundtrack. Tokyo Mirage Sessions looks pretty off-putting to me on both those fronts

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm not too far in TMS, but it's similar in lots of ways, but also pretty different. The dungeons feel lower budget, but not randomized or anything, they're still designed. Combat has some familiar skill names and an element system similar to P5's based around the Fire Emblem weapon triangles. Out of dungeons, you still do the social thing, but there's no time limit and no social stat management, but there are still text messages and social link sidequests. You can also revisit story dungeons. In general it seems to be a lot lighter in tone, since it's about a bunch of entertainment industry hopefuls instead of kids being oppressed by lovely adults.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

bloodysabbath posted:

This post says so much more about you than it does about anyone that has ever bitched about any video game lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I unironically hope that Resident Evil 4 gets a Switch version.

Same. It’s probably pretty likely since it’s been on just about every console since it’s GC release.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Resident Evil 4 is absolutely going to find its way on Switch and I will certainly buy it and play it a 5th time

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

goferchan posted:

Just remembered that SMTV is going to be a Switch game. Jesus christ. Have they specified a release year?

Smash T.V. is coming to the Switch?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Smash TV apocalypse is where it's at

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
everyone's all "ooh, shin megami tensei five for the switch!" and im just here waiting for Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2. And SMTV because that game is going to rock

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Doom on switch looks blurry and is not worth the price. That’s my hot take having gotten it for free.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Doom on switch looks blurry and is not worth the price. That’s my hot take having gotten it for free.

Is there any difference between docked and handheld?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I picked it up and I think it looks and plays fine. I only put in like 3 hours through so far. I think it’s worth it if you don’t have anything else other than a Switch that can play it.

Beastie posted:

Not that I could tell. I think it’s 720p on TV too.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Beastie posted:

Yea it looks like dogshit docked and it doesn’t run at a solid 30fps

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

bloodysabbath posted:

yeah, nah.

Its bad enough that female game characters get the sexual object treatment all the time, but when a game's main character's gimmick is "you know you wanna gently caress these polygons, eh eh, crotch-cam" then its a special kind of pervbait bad.

Its like that russian game on Steam with the faceless robot with big tiddies and thicc azz, get the gently caress oudda here with that noise.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

deadly_pudding posted:

:allears: it's always hilarious to me when people from outside of the character action genre run into Bayonetta for the first time.

I dunno what to tell you Rolo. There's like between 7 and 10 good games in this entire genre, and we'll take what we can get. Bayonetta 1 and 2 are good games.

I’m not saying Mario’s gameplay would be bad if it zoomed in on his tits and cock intentionally during bullet-time, but it would make things weird and have me asking why it was in any way necessary. Doing it in the first minute would have me asking for a refund.

Glad you guys like it and I hope you get more of it if you want it! The more stuff to get developers looking at the NS the better, real doll sim or otherwise.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Does anyone actually want to gently caress Bayonetta? I think she's cool and my friend, but that's all

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

TurkeyFried posted:

Does anyone actually want to gently caress Bayonetta? I think she's cool and my friend, but that's all

When it comes to Japanese animations I️ wouldn’t ask questions you don’t want the answers too

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TurkeyFried posted:

Kamiya does

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Bayonetta's proportions really freak me out. Her head is so tiny compared to her body, its unnerving.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Two Beans posted:

Its like that russian game on Steam with the faceless robot with big tiddies and thicc azz, get the gently caress oudda here with that noise.

Nier Automata is Japanese, not Russian.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

Kamiya does

I dunno, he’s actually really defensive against lewd comments and fan art towards her on Twitter. It’s funny. I think he wants to gently caress Jeanne instead.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 10, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah, Bayonetta is p. unfuckable. Her lanky body is designed to produce recognizable silhouettes as you attack with weapons attached to both her hands and feet, kinda the same reason Michael Jackson wore a sparkling glove. She's meant to evoke fashion concept sketches like

I'd attribute the striptease bullshit more to Kamiya deciding to pursue some kind of unsettling aesthetic boob ideal, kinda like in cult classic film Heavy Metal. It's extremely in line with comparable games like Metal Gear Rising, where the designers were in a constant one-upsmanship contest with themselves to create a more patently ridiculous cutscene than the one preceding it.

I'm not going to try and act like it's wholesome, but if you're there because you want your dick anywhere near Bayonetta's weird cartoon body, then that's your own personal problem.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey nintendo switch thread, what's the latest n-

never mind. :yikes:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kamiya definitely wants to gently caress Jeanne, yah

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Two Beans posted:

yeah, nah.

Its bad enough that female game characters get the sexual object treatment all the time, but when a game's main character's gimmick is "you know you wanna gently caress these polygons, eh eh, crotch-cam" then its a special kind of pervbait bad.

Nah it’s not bad at all, it’s rad and cool because stylish slash stabs are fun and boobs are also fun and both of these things together is like an amazing combo of two great things, like a digital, playable peanut butter cup made by an insane Japanese genius.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-micr...A/dp/B010Q57S62 still the recommended SD card?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

Kamiya does

No he doesn't, she's not his type. He's into Jeanne

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im pretty sure Bayonetta would suplex any and all of us goons if we tried to gently caress her

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Takoluka posted:

Nier Automata is Japanese, not Russian.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/530890/Haydee/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bayonetta is a drag performance. It's a mockery of the standards of sexuality through exaggeration, and it's no coincidence every opponent she has are strange sexless alien automatons, in order to enhance the contrast.

• Locked thread