Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That just makes it seem like his father's legacy is some Lee press on nails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He's just sad 'cause his face itches.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He just realized that there’s no more toilet paper in the stall.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

fruit on the bottom posted:

He just realized that there’s no more toilet paper in the stall.

No TP for BP.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

That was not the first nor only BP poster that was put out yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BlackGirlNerds/status/928672389193502721

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RevKrule posted:

Looks like Angela Bassett could use a hand.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RevKrule posted:

That's a lot of gray.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Andy Serkis poster, lmao

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Justice League embargo for social media is lifted. A lot of people are sharing similar impressions. It's fun and the cast has good chemistry but there's a lot of poo poo that's rushed through and the villain is as throw-away as they come. It's got some tone issues and tries to cram way too much story into too little movie. Better than BvS and MoS but not exactly a great movie (probably C+/B- is what I'd rate it).

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

RevKrule posted:

Justice League embargo for social media is lifted. A lot of people are sharing similar impressions. It's fun and the cast has good chemistry but there's a lot of poo poo that's rushed through and the villain is as throw-away as they come. It's got some tone issues and tries to cram way too much story into too little movie. Better than BvS and MoS but not exactly a great movie (probably C+/B- is what I'd rate it).

A few of them also report that there's an uncanny valley effect from the CG used to remove Cavill's MI6 mustache from the reshoots, which I look forward to seeing for myself.

Anyway, the prevailing sense I get from the Twitter impressions is less one of genuine enthusiasm for the film than one of palpable relief that it's not as bad as BvS, which can't be what WB was hoping for. I expect pretty middling reviews from the mainstream film critics next week.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Convex posted:

A few of them also report that there's an uncanny valley effect from the CG used to remove Cavill's MI6 mustache from the reshoots, which I look forward to seeing for myself.

Anyway, the prevailing sense I get from the Twitter impressions is less one of genuine enthusiasm for the film than one of palpable relief that it's not as bad as BvS, which can't be what WB was hoping for. I expect pretty middling reviews from the mainstream film critics next week.

Wish he had a mustache the whole time. Like a full on Tom of Finland Superman.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I want every superhero to have a distracting mustache. Spider-Man Homecoming would have been way better if Tom Holland never shaved his Lost City of Z facial hair.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jinkies, so many people saying "It's okay!" and "It's fine!". One even says "it's not that bad, I suppose". How can one fail to be moved by such joyous enthusiasm?

:shrug:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barry Convex posted:

Lobok posted:

Wish he had a mustache the whole time. Like a full on Tom of Finland Superman.

“Clark?”

“N-no, I’m his brother... Mark. Mark Trent.”

“Your last name is different?”

“No? Maybe. I was... adopted. As well.”

“But you’re wearing Superman’s costume.”

“I’m Superman too”

“Superman Too?”

“Sure”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RevKrule posted:

So it's Ultron.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Who are the people who have seen it so far?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

So it's Ultron.

I was going to say, that sounds about like an Avengers film if it's accurate.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, I liked Ultron for what he was and while I won't claim he was a terribly compelling villain I will say he was at least an interesting performance.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Arist posted:

Nah, I liked Ultron for what he was and while I won't claim he was a terribly compelling villain I will say he was at least an interesting performance.

I liked Spaderbot but even I have to admit most people did not. At all.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mycot posted:

How are you defining most people? Like, this forum? Maybe that's true, although I'm not sure.

If you're talking most people that saw the movie in general I don't think its remotely true at all.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barry Convex posted:

I kind of read it the opposite, it seemed apologetic for not saying it's bad.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mycot posted:

Hell same. I saw AoU at least a year after it came out and having read all the hyperbole on this forum I was pretty surprised how not awful it was.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

So it's Ultron.

I would say it's about on par with Ultron. It's definitely serviceable and watchable and Ezra Miller's great but if this movie didn't have Justice League attached to it, people would forget it existed a day after they saw it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

fruit on the bottom posted:

“Clark?”

“N-no, I’m his brother... Mark. Mark Trent.”

“Your last name is different?”

“No? Maybe. I was... adopted. As well.”

“But you’re wearing Superman’s costume.”

“I’m Superman too”

“Superman Too?”

“Sure”

So you're saying Clark is Superman?
No... I mean I'm the second Superman. *holds up two fingers* Superman Twoooo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m also envisioning that he’s having this conversation with Lois or Batman where he has no real reason to lie, and then when an unshaven Clark shows up at the end of the movie denying the encounter you’re left to wonder if maybe, just maybe, it actually was a separate guy who just happens to always sound like he’s lying badly.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Lobok posted:

Wish he had a mustache the whole time.

B-but then he'd be a bad guy... :sweatdrop:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

teagone posted:

That's a lot of gray.

At least it's not blue and orange.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

RevKrule posted:

I would say it's about on par with Ultron. It's definitely serviceable and watchable and Ezra Miller's great but if this movie didn't have Justice League attached to it, people would forget it existed a day after they saw it.

So was the trailer misleading or do you just really enjoy Flash's quips?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ragnarok is really good...there's a lot in there that I liked more than even GOTG2, which was also great. It certainly sets a new direction for the Thor stuff.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mikeraskol posted:

How are you defining most people? Like, this forum? Maybe that's true, although I'm not sure.

If you're talking most people that saw the movie in general I don't think its remotely true at all.

Of course outside of this dead humor forum. I always hear, pretty much always coupled with every mention of AOU, is disappointment that Ultron wasn't intimidating or scary.

These Justice League comments are honestly similar to how I feel about the first Avengers movie, but of course in context the unreal hype at the time made the reception completely different.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

SonicRulez posted:

So was the trailer misleading or do you just really enjoy Flash's quips?

Ezra's good and the quips are basically pure Joss Whedon. Plus his feelings on brunch really speak to me. There's some jokes that fall flat but on the whole, him and Jason Mamoa are the ones that keep the movie from being BvS2.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Seeing that the villain is pretty blah in this is bumming me out because Ciaran Hinds is one of my favorite actors; what's with Marvel and DC wasting really good British actors as villains, that's like the easiest thing to do when making a movie, I mean just look at Tim Curry's career!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

achillesforever6 posted:

Seeing that the villain is pretty blah in this is bumming me out because Ciaran Hinds is one of my favorite actors; what's with Marvel and DC wasting really good British actors as villains, that's like the easiest thing to do when making a movie, I mean just look at Tim Curry's career!

Reading an interview with Cate Blanchett about Thor: Ragnarok was entertaining. She specifically took the role because very little was required of her: she showed up, played a huge ham with nothing further required nor desired of her, and collected a fat paycheck. She said it was good, relaxing fun, a nice break from demanding roles.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remember he shot the whole film without a mustache. It wasn't until the reshoot he had to have it due to other obligations. So they would have had to cg one in in every other scene.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

achillesforever6 posted:

It sounds like the same problem Marvel has had, which is because this is the lead-in to Darkseid appearing, they need to have another character who is connected to him but is expendable, like the villain in GOTG.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Remember he shot the whole film without a mustache. It wasn't until the reshoot he had to have it due to other obligations. So they would have had to cg one in in every other scene.

It might've been arguably cheaper to give him a mustache in the rest of the movie than the cg it out...

Besides, the technology for digitally adding mustaches already exists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEAbqrE5Zw

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That sounds way better imo

Or even gently caress it, mustache that disappears between shots!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arist posted:

That sounds way better imo

Or even gently caress it, mustache that disappears between shots!

They should have done that then just had Mr. Mxyzptlk pop in each time it changed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Then the ironic part was that Mission Impossible got shooting delayed long enough that he probably could have just shaved it off and regrow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait holy poo poo, so mustachegate is definitely confirmed real now and not just the usual doomsaying rumor mill stuff? We can absolutely see Cavill's CGI lips in full XD glory?

Man, it's getting to the point where you can actually trust weird bullshit-sounding rumors nowadays.

• Locked thread