Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Super Sonic is such old news these days.

Give my avatar a super form where he summons some gigantic mecha weapon and goes all METAL GEAR on poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Infinite will suffer the same fate, and then they will also give him a gun, possibly made from the Ruby, and also he will fight Mephiles in a sequel.

Shadow was also stupidly popular and a good part of his debut game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Shadow was also stupidly popular and a good part of his debut game

Then, he'll get the Silver treatment of being in everything anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Speedy from Tails' Adventure and Fockewulf and Bearenger from Tails' Sky Patrol. Based on their comics' incarnations because gently caress else do I have to work with

I don't have the right costume parts to make a good version of the 3rd Witchcarter yet.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yes, I'm fully aware of that.

But honestly, who else are you gonna call on to take the lead in a situation like this? Shadow is doing whatever, Tails is convinced he has to do something else, and Espio willingly plays second fiddle to Vector. You gonna put SILVER in charge of poo poo?

Sally Acorn.

I mean you're already basically copying the Freedom Fighters scenario, why the gently caress not?

Ventana posted:

Oh, my bad. Yeah QTEs are basically EBA style.

Man they should just make a Sonic EBA game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well as long as we're talking about scenarios that'll never happen, Sega, please bring back Wendy Witchcart.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Keiya posted:

Sally Acorn.

I mean you're already basically copying the Freedom Fighters scenario, why the gently caress not?

Bunny would play identical to the Avatar character, with her extending arm as the grapple hook and all those gadgets 🤔

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqX_WTdTMxM

Sonic Forces is good.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Keiya posted:

On the one hand, yeah definitely

On the other, Sonic Chronicles

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Keiya posted:

sonic EBA, feat schala's theme by kanye west

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh my loving god, I just checked how I was getting on with achievements, and it has only registered a grand total of 373 rings. :cry: You need 100,000 total for one of the achievements. I just finished a stage with 154 of the things!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the achievement tracker isn't very accurate for the rings. It showed me a much lower ring total before I got the actual achievement for 10,000 later.

edit - heh. Nice nostalgic moment when Rouge says "do it to it" in Episode Shadow. Someone watched SatAM.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 11, 2017

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't have any names or anything. I'm just messing around with the CaC really.

I feel like I should make a guy character but like, all the options kinda look boring so whatevs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The bird looks nice.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Takoluka posted:

Then, he'll get the Silver treatment of being in everything anyway.

I thought 2006 basically resigned Silver to being the Waluigi of Sonic I.e. only in racers and poo poo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Considering he keeps showing up in main titles, that's inaccurate.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

mycot posted:

I thought 2006 basically resigned Silver to being the Waluigi of Sonic I.e. only in racers and poo poo.

Silver was in both Rivals, Colors (handheld version, came back to the past because he heard Eggmanland had mad rad roller coasters and poo poo and he had to get in on that), and Generations as a boss fight.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

His role is that of a cameo character. Will appear in a couple games but generally will not be a key player in the plot.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Which sucks because I would totally play a Silver game that was Psychonauts via Sonic.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mikedawson posted:

His role is that of a cameo character. Will appear in a couple games but generally will not be a key player in the plot.

Well that’s every character that isn’t Tails or sometimes Knuckles lately.

Forces is the first game in a while to give most of the cast something to do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FORCES IS REDEEMED

(I KNEW Illidanfinite the Jackal's boss theme reminded me of something)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Silver was in both Rivals, Colors (handheld version, came back to the past because he heard Eggmanland had mad rad roller coasters and poo poo and he had to get in on that), and Generations as a boss fight.

He's also an unlockable character in all 3 Riders games plus the multiplayer modes of Secret Rings and Black Knight.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Well that’s every character that isn’t Tails or sometimes Knuckles lately.

Forces is the first game in a while to give most of the cast something to do.

Amy too if you want to bring Sonic Boom into this. But yeah, this is the first time aside from Free Riders where the other characters have gotten more than a few lines of dialogue. They still haven't brought Big (who apparently is now voiced by Kamina from Gurren-Lagann) back yet aside from a cameo in Colors DS though.

To be honest I've never really minded the concept of multiple playable characters in a Sonic game all that much and actually wouldn't mind seeing Tails, Knuckles, etc. become controllable in a 3D game again.

It's not always handled that well admittedly but it does at least add a sense of variety to the game. Forces seemed to be testing the waters for doing that kind of stuff again with the additions of the Avatar and to a lesser extent Shadow.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 11, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m disappointed that we didn’t get Big, Hero of the Resistance.

He and Cream must have been active in the Eastern front.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I’m disappointed that we didn’t get Big, Hero of the Resistance.

He and Cream must have been active in the Eastern front.

Also, if they were going to bring Silver back they might as well have just thrown in Blaze while they were at it (Tails mentions that what Eggman's doing might be affecting other dimensions after all).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze only crosses dimensions for important reasons, like the world ending and Sonic’s birthday.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The dialogue and general VA quality is a real step up over the complete pointless nothingness of Generations and Lost World's cutscenes, and if they can nail down a more coherent story next time then it may actually be a highlight of the game. It's particularly nice to see that not only has Omega not been forgotten about, but they've leaned hard into him just giving no fucks about anything besides destroying Eggman.

While I'm saying nice things about Forces, I'm enjoying Classic Sonic's controls a lot more now; the drop dash is possibly even more useful than in Mania, the spindash is much more sensible, rolling adds to your momentum and is actually useful on slopes and loops now and you seem to have more control over his momentum in mid-air, making general platforming a lot easier. Also I'm coming round to his music a bit more, Ghost Town is good and Iron Fortress is great.

TFRazorsaw posted:

the achievement tracker isn't very accurate for the rings. It showed me a much lower ring total before I got the actual achievement for 10,000 later.

Thank god.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Also, if they were going to bring Silver back they might as well have just thrown in Blaze while they were at it (Tails mentions that what Eggman's doing might be affecting other dimensions after all).

i want a spin-off where blaze accidentally crosses into the classic sonic dimension and is both confused and annoyed about it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

same except i'm fine with any plot that has blaze both confused and annoyed

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze spends the entire time trying to understand everyone communicating with nods and gestures.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I would love for another Shadow the Hedgehog to be made, but only if it plays like a platinum game. A character action sonic game would be rad as gently caress and only Shadow has the edge for it.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 11, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

I would love for another Shadow the Hedgehog to be made, but only if it plays like a platinum game. A character action sonic game would be rad as gently caress and only Shadow has the edge for it.

He already has a cutscene where he takes his limiters off so we're like, 90% of the way there.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Barudak posted:

He already has a cutscene where he takes his limiters off so we're like, 90% of the way there.

"Looks like Jack is back!"
"Query: Is Shadow's new designation to be Jack?"
"No Omega, he's just being dramatic."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And honestly you wouldn't even need the gun-play or vehicles (nor should you ever), Shadow has enough natural abilities to make a game like that work.

As long as they kept things tongue in cheek another Shadow game probably wouldn't be that terrible (maybe even throw in some Rouge and Omega levels while you're at it). Shadow could have the traditional speed stages, Rouge could have more stealth based levels (and getting caught just means you have to fight your way out and possibly get a lower rank at the end of the level) and Omega could have Megaman-style run and gun type areas.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Blaze spends the entire time trying to understand everyone communicating with nods and gestures.

Classic Tails and Classic Eggman can speak normally if Generations is anything to go by, can't say for sure about the rest though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 11, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Larryb posted:

And honestly you wouldn't even need the gunplay, Shadow has enough natural abilities to make a game like that work. As long as they kept things tongue in cheek another Shadow game probably wouldn't be that terrible.

Classic Tails and Classic Eggman can speak normally if Generations is anything to go by, can't say for sure about the rest though.

She only deals with Classic Knuckles and the Hardboiled Heavies, then.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yada yada effect of being in a new dimension and only the smart guys figure out how to do it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The villain is Eggman Nega and Classic Tails asks them if they're both from the future or another dimension.

They both just stare at him in confusion.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
If they actually add levels I'll be hella happy but atm it's hard to ever recommend this weird unfinished game

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Larryb posted:

And honestly you wouldn't even need the gun-play or vehicles (nor should you ever), Shadow has enough natural abilities to make a game like that work.

As long as they kept things tongue in cheek another Shadow game probably wouldn't be that terrible (maybe even throw in some Rouge and Omega levels while you're at it). Shadow could have the traditional speed stages, Rouge could have more stealth based levels (and getting caught just means you have to fight your way out and possibly get a lower rank at the end of the level) and Omega could have Megaman-style run and gun type areas.

loving hell I suggested handing Platinum the reins to a Shadow game months ago and got laughed out of the thread :psyduck: Are y'all finally realizing it's actually a sick idea or what

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

loving hell I suggested handing Platinum the reins to a Shadow game months ago and got laughed out of the thread :psyduck: Are y'all finally realizing it's actually a sick idea or what

Most people knew it was a sick idea, they just were scared to admit it.

*Shadow parries a punch from Death Egg robot, throws it into the air, All Hail Shadow lyrics kick in*

"YES, YES! SPLIT IT WIDE OPEN SHADOW!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

concepts like these are just way too good to be true